test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Sidekick "powerset"

cbob312cbob312 Posts: 79 Arc User
edited May 2015 in Suggestions Box
I want a customizable sidekick.

Treat it like a powerset and or specialization. Let me pick their name, costume, and powerset.

Why a powerset? So they can do real damage and as a way to balance it against solo heroes.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    If we ever get sidekicks they will be their own slots and customizable. PvP be damned.
  • Options
    cbob312cbob312 Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    1 I don't care about PVP, I care about fun.

2 I seriously doubt those guys aren't going to be able to deal with this considering the only time I tried to pvp I was one-shotted by someone I never even saw.
  • Options
    crosschancrosschan Posts: 920 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    gradii wrote: »
    Its not PVP to have a pet kill your opponent for you.

Someone doesn't have a pet toon. :rolleyes:

Edit: Sorry, Gradii, I forgot that according to the "PvP/Duelist Forum Rules" I am supposed to point out that you only have this particular opinion on this subject because you have obviously lost to someone using pets and your butt is feeling of the hurts or you have the angry brother problem(Did I say those right?). j/k :rolleyes:

This could be cute to put on the "To do List" in all honesty but, IMO, it's way way way way way(you get the picture) down on that list. I'm going to be completely self-serving and greedy here....

I don't want a vehicle to get me there.
    I've got, for the moment, enough stuff to wear when I get there.
    I can handle myself so I don't need a Robin atm.
    What I need...IS SOMEWHERE TO GO.

...also it would be nice if the place wasn't broken and full of bugs when I do get there. :cool:

P.S. I'd actually be more interested about being able to do this to a NEMESIS than a SIDEKICK. Yes, you can already somewhat kinda do that with a Nemesis but...it's not like The Nemesis System isn't one of the 3 primary pillars of CO so....More = More = Happy Crosschan. :cool:
    2s9bzbq.jpg
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    You said "sidekick powerset" and for just a moment I flashed on the webcomic Sidekick Girl, set in a world where licensed superheroes who are selected for their photogenic qualities rather than their power are assigned sidekicks who are the actual heroes. And I started thinking it might be fun to play that, the real hero who's overshadowed by this beautiful person who gets all the praise and accolades from NPCs...
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    cbob312 wrote: »
    1 I don't care about PVP, I care about fun.
    Standing there while your blizzard of pets kills stuff is fun? In any case, the reason you won't see customizable power sets for sidekicks is because it's a big pain to write an AI that will intelligently use a set of powers (pvp is a nonissue; pets in PvP mostly serve a purpose of cluttering up the already dubious targeting in CO).
  • Options
    nextnametakennextnametaken Posts: 2,212 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Waste of resources action figure system should be scrapped and replaced with Customizeable Pets.

A summon power that pulls a character from your own roster would be super cool.
  • Options
    jennymachxjennymachx Posts: 3,000 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I wouldn't go as far as making a sidekick as powerful as player heroes. I would have them be powerset-themed but at the same time be restricted in the number of powers they can have as far as power customization goes, like half of what player toons get to have. Of course, they should be given their own passive and perhaps active offense / defense. They shouldn't be considered equals to players, just as support NPCs.
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    If we ever get sidekicks they will be their own slots and customizable. PvP be damned.

I think it's fairly obvious that sidekicks would be disabled in pvp. It would be hilarious if they weren't though... I would be interested to see what "streamlined, min/max, ultra-tank-steel-nuke" sidekicks the pvp-tryhards would crank out.

I don't need to customize my sidekick's powers, just let me pick a powerset for them, like nemesis/nemesis minions. Just as long as they have the same Tailor as we do, I'll be happy.

Neat bonus would be some sort of progression for sidekicks.... like leveling them up or feeding them mods or something.
  • Options
    doktormarengodoktormarengo Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Sidekick pets could be handled in almost the exact same way such pets are in STO and Neverwinter. I'm pretty sure you can't use them in PvP only on PvE.

Personally I'd be happy with an updated version of our current sidekick/henchmen. Even if we could just get that ridiculous 1-hr duration removed. If their costumes could be made customizable like STO bridge officers - even better. :biggrin:

It doesn't need to be a big and overly complicated system.
    This is RiverOcean's 2nd Account. Can't combine my STO and CO accounts for some weird reason.