test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Uniiden's Champions Gallery

uniidenuniiden Posts: 28 Arc User
edited April 2015 in Costumes and Concepts
So, I've always wanted to create a gallery filled with costumes, concepts, and ideas for heroes and villains alike. I'm always designing more than I am actually playing and rolling new characters, and since I'm still on a free account (my bank doesn't want to approve the authorization charge for Cryptic), I have some character designs with pieces that I do not own. Eventually, I will make the push to get a Gold account and get around to finally buying the costume pieces I want, but for now, I'll stick to designing things that I like. I take inspiration from a lot of different places; I've always been a comic book/movie/cartoon/superhero/internet/video game junkie so there may be costumes that look familiar, but with my own take on them.

I apologize ahead of time for the small images (Photobucket likes to shrink my images even though I screenshot them straight from the game.) I hope you all like them!

First on the list is the character that I've actually been playing with for a while. I've gotten him up to Level 20, surprisingly, and he's been a fun time to play. I'm a super pyro so it was natural for me to select The Inferno above all else. He is a revival of a character I had back when City of Heroes was alive.

This is Illiaster:

Illiaster.png

Here he is in his classic superhero costume. He is a fire-born alien humanoid. Born in the depths of Mercury, his people are at one with the sun. They harness the extreme heat and immense power of the sun itself and infuse it with their own blood at birth in order to expand their own life force. As he matured, Illiaster realized he can manipulate fire, as all men do as they grow. In order to be accepted as a man among his people, he embarked on a quest to Earth to learn what it's like to be a leader and a savior as a rite of passage. Among reaching Millennium City, he employed the aid of Defender and the Champions to become a hero, in his own right, and protect the people that are put in harms way. He quickly joined The Champions and decided to extend his stay in Millennium city of help fight off the advances of the Qulaar and all other invasions that might come to pass.

Illiaster%20Armored.png

Soon after stopping the Qulaar invasion of Millennium City, Illiaster approached Defender and Ironclad to build him a suit of armor that could withstand any threat that approached the city. With the help of UNITY and the rest of The Champions, he walked away with a suit of armor not only able to stand against global invasions, but able to harness the intense heat his body exuded.

Up next is a character I hope to roll whenever I finally have access to The Tempest

This is Electro

Electro.pngElectro%20Classic.png

I have no solid bio for him yet. He's your classic speeder, electric powers, scientist, yada yada. The vials he carries with him on his arm are a special chemical compound he developed after coming in contact with Kinetik. He was saved once from a falling building as a kid and always aspired to be just like Kinetik. He graduated with a Doctorate in Electromagnetic Radiation and studied every single possible cause of electricity and magnetism. He drinks a vial a day in order to gain the same powers Kinetik has. That's all I got on him so far. The costumes featured above are 2 different suits I made up that both imbue, to me, his electric powers and background (yellow for electricity, blue for magnetism, white for science). I took inspiration for these costumes from Kinetik himself, The Flash, and Quicksilver. They all have those classic accents and designs of lightning bolts on them and I feel that these 2 costumes convey that classic look. Certain pieces of these suits I don't have yet... But I will. One day.
Post edited by uniiden on

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2015
    Next on my life is my Power Rangers inspired costumes. I've always been a huge fan of Power Rangers, been watching since Mighty Morphin', and still watching now with Dino Charge. I plan on rolling this character when I finally have access to The Fist.

I have no name for him yet but this is Red.

Red%20MMPR.png

This first costume is heavily inspired by Jason/Rocky from Mighty Morphin' when he wore Tommy's power vest.

Red%20Mystic.png

This next costume was inspired by Power Rangers Mystic. I took the vest cowl that they wear and flipped it to a power cowl, in the same manner of Tommy's power vests from Mighty Morphin'.

Red%20Mega.png

This last costume was inspired by Power Rangers Mega Force. I know that no ranger in the history of Power Rangers has ever worn a crown (to my knowledge) but I took the idea of Mega Force (where the rangers have a powered up form) and made my own Mega red ranger.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    This next batch of costumes has a very obvious inspiration. I borrowed a lot of these designs from one of my favorite superheroes. His rogues gallery has been amazing to me and his various costumes and evolution throughout the years has always amazed me. He will be seen soon again in movies, to incredibly mixed reviews, and as much as I may debate where he stands on the big screen, I am just glad we'll be seeing him again real soon. I play on eventually playing him when I have access to The Master.

This is Arcsilon:

Arcsilon.pngArcsilon%20Classic.png

Arcsilon is a master martial artist. Since he was a kid, he trained in all forms of mixed martial arts, honing his skills, becoming at one with all his senses. He embraces the world around him and knows every move any enemy will make before they even make it. He is toned, agile, quick, and stronger than he looks. His first costume was something he threw together one night when he realized that he needed to do something to better his community and his city. His family owns a restaurant in the West Side and is often on the wrong side of The New Purple Gang. One night, after fighting against Purple Gang members outside a corner store, Kodiak caught wind of Arcsilon's skills and decided to employ him as an FBI initiative. Arcsilon quickly grew through the ranks, donned a brand new crime fighting costume, and eventually caught the eye of Defender and The Champions. He soon became an honorary member.

Arcsilon%20Negative.pngArcsilon%20Armored.png

After the return of Kevin Poe and the new rise of the Purple Gang, Arcsilon's families' restaurant went bankrupt and was forced to close. With no income, his parents fell into poverty and were subject to the corruption of The New Purple Gang. They became lackies for Kevin Poe, extorting local mom and pop shops and robbing small time banks. They were soon caught and sent to prison, at the hands of their own son, Arcsilon. Through his depression and hatred for Kevin Poe, he was led down a path of anger and insanity, where he soon donned an all black costume with very minor white accents. He hunted Kevin Poe day in and day out as an act of both revenge and vengeance. He finally tracked him down in the sewers under the West Side and fought him for hours. He chased Poe throughout the sewers endlessly, until he was finally cornered. Little did he know, the rise of Kevin Poe came with the rise of all new powers. Arcsilon was beaten within an inch of his life, and left for dead. Kevin Poe ran free while Arcsilon crawled through the sewers begging for a sign of help. Remembering his Champions communicator, he called for Defender. The Champions soon found him and revived him back to fighting shape. Knowing that the fight with Kevin Poe was far from over, he requested Defender build him a suit to fight Poe and withstand anything he through at him. Defender agreed, knowing what tracking Poe down meant to him, and took his original costume and armored it with the latest technology. He added mechanical arms to his back as a defense mechanism. Each individual arm is programmed to absorb all forms of elemental, astronomical, or physical energy. To this day, Arcsilon hunts relentlessy for Kevin Poe in hopes to one day bringing him down and locking him away in prison once and for all.

More to come soon...