What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The road ahead?

Comments

• nextnametakennextnametaken Posts: 2,212 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    splosions wrote: »
    Well, I'm excited, anyhow.

Aha. I remember you now...excited guy who can't keep it contained, the new dad.

Welcome back. Nice job on 'some of the auras'. Those need to be featured more.

Maybe you can do the long requested water power set.
    We can have a new AT: The Rain Maker with a great California Climate Calamity alert, that requires making sure Purple Gang, Viper and PSI are not watering their suburban lawns, filling their swimming pools or taking long showers, while using the new power set to keep Millenium City green.

This will be awesome. You have the best job ever.
  • splosionssplosions Posts: 37 Cryptic Developer
    edited April 2015
    bwdares wrote: »
    Welcome back, good luck.

psst...any advances on the water power attempts?

Good question!

I'd certainly be interested in knowing what new powers players want most, and whether there's a strong preference for new sets, versus new shiny toys for existing frameworks.
  • sanguinevipersanguineviper Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Good question!

I'd certainly be interested in knowing what new powers players want most, and whether there's a strong preference for new sets, versus new shiny toys for existing frameworks.

Vooooodoooooooo~!

Sorcery's been missing a dedicated offense oriented branch since forever. And the Sovereign Sons have already got a bunch of cool looking power effects to work with.

(Also, Soul Vortex device as a power, please.)

o3o

Snark never dies.
  • morigosamorigosa Posts: 709 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Good question!

My vote, for whatever it's worth, is that shiny toys for existing frameworks are nice - but should be kept small and focused on a specific hole or goal. Oddly, the Reawakened Automaton archetype is actually a good example of this sort of thing. I'd love to see, say, a new reawakened AT with, say, a fighting claws AoE power and and an on-next-hit fire damage power and a re-tuned Fury of the Dragon that hits in a sphere (wings and tail, y'know - trying to aim this power is incredibly frustrating sometimes - edit: or follows your target; that'd work too) and actually does worthwhile damage.

But I'd prefer if the main focus went to new sets; my personal preference would be for one or more elemental melee sets (especially if that includes some interesting new active defense choices - I'm tired of taking R1 masterful dodge on every character), but I certainly wouldn't complain about water blasts or plant-themed powers or voodoo sorcery or whatever else.
  • ravancheravanche Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Good question!

Water set
    Staff fighting set (not just a weapon model. A martial arts type style with AoE).
    A generic Energy Blast set.
    An offensive Sorcery set that isn't tied to Control or Support.
    Plant control
    "Duplication" power (an uncontrolled "summon" like Summon Shadows, but are visual duplicates of the character.)

That's just off the top of my head.
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,078 Cryptic Developer
    edited April 2015
    Good question!

Well we have a plethora of unused animations to make powers out of...to show a few:

Staff MA/Sorcery
    Beast Tail/Bite/Misc
    Shield

I personally want to see old sets get balanced out. We have a lot of unfinished/bare sets that could use some new powers to flesh them out. Looking at you MA Claws.
  • purin1purin1 Posts: 433 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Good question!

I'm open to both new powersets and shiny toys for existing sets, but I'd really prefer little shinies like lunges for Single Blade, Dual Blades, and Fighting Claws. Especially since the animations are already being used for Laser Sword, Ego Blades, and some enemies already in the game.
    I strive to be the strongest swordsman alive.
    edited April 2015
    More weapon models for Psi Blades.
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,022 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Good question!

Small Quality of Life for Swordmen:
    Single Blade Lunge
    Dual Blade Lunge
    Fighting Claws Lunge
    ALONG with Elemental Lunges (Force, Ice, Fire, Lighting)

SONIC/Music Powerframe
    Water Powerframe
    Plant Powerframe
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Good question!

Anything that Kaizerin says!!!!

Kai, handle that for us please!
  • lovehammer1lovehammer1 Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Staff set. Please! Complete with staff throw!

Reminds of battle Arena Toshindon or something like that.

Anyway, it would be great.
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,315 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I'd like to throw my vote behind a staff set - both for melee and as a power emanation point, if it's at all possible. (Both uses because I miss my old D&D mage, who used to surprise folks who thought he was used up after he cast all his spells. Quarterstaff Proficiency and a STR of 16 changed their minds pretty quick...)
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • darkness1234587darkness1234587 Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Good question!

Spear/Staff Archetype! A great idea I came up with and you should check it out on my forum post I made recently due to this great guy coming back!

http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=308141
  • wingedkagoutiwingedkagouti Posts: 565 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Fighting Claws has been in a very bad shape as a powerset ever since slightly before launch. But that's not where I'd want power fx work to be focused.

If you have the resources for complete powersets, then Plant, Sonic and Water get my immedate vote. Elemental melee abilities for the ranged elemental sets would be a great followup or a few of each if you don't have the resources for complete powersets..
  • itsbrou#5396 itsbrou Posts: 1,777 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Basically anything that was already talked about.

I personally would love to see some gravity or spacey-type powers implemented.

Some ideas include a power that increases the player's gravitational pull and passively sucks enemies towards them(in combat only, think DBZ powerup crater and dust goodness) some -jump and -speed debuffs, and a Tier 3 power that drops a brilliant pulsar into crowds that does particle damage. Drop space junk on enemies?

As for a nigh impossible wish: What about new particle types and allowing players to choose a replacement particle fx like certain power replacers once did?

And of course... melee additions that are compatible with energy projection effects like reverbs, forms, clinging flames, etc.
    Brou in Cryptic games.
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    As for a nigh impossible wish: What about new particle types and allowing players to choose a replacement particle fx like certain power replacers once did?

I 100th this. A way to reintroduce power replacers but not to gear
  • biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Good question!

There were some powers (including a passive, I think) that Crush had finished for the new Laser Sword powers that he said just needed some effects and they'd be good to go. Might be a good place to start.
    biffsig.jpg
    edited April 2015
    Thing I'd like to see:

Lets see the team teleport to leader and teleport to team functionality become built in and free for all.
    The option can be added to the menu under the players icon and under the team mates icon.

I know I said I'd buy a bunch of the teleport devices if you made them and I bought a few but they get stuck away in the bank for 'when I find a team' and when I find a team I'm too busy to head to the hideout and track down which device is actually there and not on one of maybe 40 characters.
  • maleb666maleb666 Posts: 364 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Good question!

- Water
    - Plant
    - Staff
    - Knives

Not necessarily in that order, but yeah... all the above!! :biggrin:

Besides new power sets, customization on vehicles... color-wise at least!!

And the return of the lost drops on lairs and open missions.

Ok, I'll stop for now... :wink:
    eupmtpu59ppn.jpg
    edited April 2015
    Thing I'd like to see:

Lets see the team teleport to leader and teleport to team functionality become built in and free for all.
    The option can be added to the menu under the players icon and under the team mates icon.

I know I said I'd buy a bunch of the teleport devices if you made them and I bought a few but they get stuck away in the bank for 'when I find a team' and when I find a team I'm too busy to head to the hideout and track down which device is actually there and not on one of maybe 40 characters.

Sadly, not likely. Anything that takes a device that brings them in money, and cuts that out as a source of revenue isn't going to happen.
  • tombmaster123tombmaster123 Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    It's great to know there's at least some communication. I can't wait to know more information about the game's future!

Cosmic themed powers
    Single pistol powers
    More powers that use assault rifles
    Magic powers (like DnD)
    Sci-fi themed powers
  • xydaxydaxydaxyda Posts: 817 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Knives would be cool(though giving us some knife looking weapon skins for single and dual bladed powers would be good enough for me.)

How about some more single handed pistol attacks...?

I think adding more abilities to the existing frameworks is the way to go at this point ... people want some new stuff and the want it now!
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,585 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Good question!

I think the swiftest course for new powers is using the ones from enemies and unused animations already in the game. There's a lot there and the Rocket Punch is a great example of what we mean.

Examples:
    Voodoo doll sigils

Plasma Beam device stance option from device (single example among all other possibilities)

Become Device power animations optional for the regular powers (Cybernetic Ninja, Lemurian Power Armor, Samurai Robot)
  • rianfrostrianfrost Posts: 578 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Good question!

ok, interesting question, i suppose plant could be added to earth and water could go with wind for thematic reasons, i haven't played the sets tot he point that i know a "synergy" that i could suggest. but i would like to see a energy builder, a ranged single target and a few active powers. one problem with some of the new additions we have seen lately is there are several forms that work on a mechanical level but don't really announce themselves. if we get these powers added, it would be nice if there were several powers that you could tell from looking at a character that they were using these power-sets. also, since plant tends to manifest itself as a control heavy set, we would have to make sure that, with the questionable state of controls in co , that its balanced to carry its weight without a lot of out of set picks. as for water, id assume a not insignificant number of people are thinking of how the set worked on city of heroes, so looking at the past for that..i recall it being blast heavy set with some place able damage powers. . and a sustained stream of water would be a good attack, similar to the celestial one. and maybe a redone chain whip power for plants that looks like a thorned vine?

also, have to mention an idea i saw somewhere downthread, but elemental melee strikes, as opposed to localized elemental storms which tends to be the thing now.. it would be less about animations, id say wrapping some existing martial arts and super strength(maybe a weapon ani too, though that would call for specific ice/fire/stone/electricity models.) anims in various particle effects would fit the bill, but that is something i would really like. right now only stone has them and i love punching baddies in the face with massive boulders.
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    For me it's gotta be Plant Control and Staffs/Polearms. Maybe a Speedster mini-set would be cool too.
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • doktormarengodoktormarengo Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Ideally. I'd like a see a complete and full power set launched (including passive) along with an AT to go with it.

The AT could even be a premium one - for all I care. That gives you a new shiny to put into the C-Store and premium players some new abilities to have fun with. You could even do something like the "old Infernal Grab Bag" and just make it a lockbox. With the new powers open to premium players and the AT locked in the bag.

The game feels so stale at this point - and that's not me being snarky. It really does need something new and exciting to happen in it.

A new complete powerset might just do that. And at this point I don't care what the powerset is even.. just that it's fully realized and complete.
    This is RiverOcean's 2nd Account. Can't combine my STO and CO accounts for some weird reason.
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Good question!

look in the suggestions section , though you may have to dig through pages.
    someone did write up a good plant set.
    here's some;
    a set
    http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=226041&highlight=plant
    a short one form another person
    http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=288941&highlight=plant
    another good one for plants
    http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=137059&highlight=plant

I made an attempt at water, with the usual addons and improvements by people.
    http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=298381

staff sets
    http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=218041&highlight=staff
    http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=161701&highlight=staff
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

edited April 2015
    A new complete powerset might just do that. And at this point I don't care what the powerset is even.. just that it's fully realized and complete.

And that actually syncs with the rest of the powers in the game. None of that activate this power to get this effect over 15 seconds to use this power's effect to make you use this better power's full effect. A power should be built with the rest of the powers in the game in mind.
    edited April 2015
    I'd actually like to see one that is designed to work best as a set, not just a bunch of single items which can be cherry picked into FF.
    <shock , horror>
    Yes, everytime there are new powers on the PTS, I hear over chat channels,
    this one works best with this one
    you should see what you can do with this
    no, you only want this power, don't worry about the others.
    everybody is going to want this one(which strangely is never posted on the PTS thread)
    well, not everyone uses FF

and yes I have levelled to 40 , the laser swords powers(and at 35 realized I missed the second one of the 3, the icon looks the same as another one. It worked but Worked much better after that)

and the new telepathy powers- 20 minutes to nickle and dime, Mega Terak to death

• decorumfriendsdecorumfriends Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Throwing all my non-existent influence behind plant control, staff fighting and water powers.
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • itsbrou#5396 itsbrou Posts: 1,777 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    You remember the gallery, right?
    Brou in Cryptic games.
    edited April 2015
    The gallery?

Over on 153rd and Fifth Avenue? With all the Warhols and the Van Gogh exhibit?
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
    edited April 2015
    chaelk wrote: »
    I'd actually like to see one that is designed to work best as a set, not just a bunch of single items which can be cherry picked into FF.
    <shock , horror>
    everybody is going to want this one(which strangely is never posted on the PTS thread)

It would be nice to have a power set that works great within the set but can also be cherry picked. Either option being optimal.
  • jennymachxjennymachx Posts: 3,000 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    chaelk wrote: »
    <shock , horror>
    well, not everyone uses FF

and yes I have levelled to 40 , the laser swords powers(and at 35 realized I missed the second one of the 3, the icon looks the same as another one. It worked but Worked much better after that)

and the new telepathy powers- 20 minutes to nickle and dime, Mega Terak to death

We already have enough powersets with passives and whatnot that try to pigeon-hole players into taking powers of a particular set. We have enough powersets that "work best" as full sets or at least with majority of the set powers selected. The elemental, telepathy and infernal sets instantly come to mind.

Want to make a new set work best when used as a whole? Fine. At the same time FF players should be able to cherry pick powers from it to integrate into their builds, which is kinda the point of FF in the first place. Any intentional design choices to drive away FF players from cherry-picking from the set is a huge no-no.
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The Gallery of Wasted Potential:

http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=214991&highlight=gallery+wasted+potential

Please, Splosions, start here. There is a lot of work available as starting points.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
    edited April 2015
    **clicks**

Ah, thank you. I have, indeed, not seen that.

**goes to look**
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited April 2015
    And since everyone is posting their wishlist...

1 - Laser/particle dual pistols. Don't really need to be a real new power, a reskin of existing dual pistols would do, or a cosmetic FX replacer. Anything to have energy dual pistols.
    For gadgeetering powerset.

2 - Assault rifle energy builder for munitions powerset. Again, just a reskin of existing munitions energy builders will do.
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,315 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I do have to agree with more pistol powers - single or dual, but pistols. My original concept with Gunrunner was that he was supposed to be able to do amazing things with his pistols, but there weren't that many powers that used them.

(Now he uses invisible weapons, because exposure to chemical weapons and radiation from depleted-uranium rounds in Iraq gave him the ability to psychically manifest the weapons of war...)
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • superstar78superstar78 Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    New powers are nice and all but this game's glaring problem that has yet to be addressed by Cryptic here is the lack of content. I'm talking missions, chains, Super Group content, Nemesis, story-lines on almost every level in every zone, new zones. Seeing as how the only time we see a spike in population is during an event or when there's something new to do, I'm not alone in this.

I don't understand what you hope to accomplish by adding new powers. Yes, new powers are always nice - but that's always going to be true, even if we had 3 times the powers to choose from. But what do you expect people to do when they get said new powers? Re-run the same content that has, for the most part, remained unchanged since launch and has driven people away?

If you want people to spend money in the cash shop, you have to give them reasons to. Seriously, what's the point of owning a pretty car if you live in a desert with no one around you for miles to show it off or enjoy it with? You're more concerned with selling us fuzzy dice to hang on our mirrors.

And yes, we are all aware that creating content and new zones is expensive, time consuming, and difficult. Nothing worthwhile is ever easy. We get that. But for f@#k's sake, you need to suck it up and make investments. THAT REQUIRES RISK ON YOUR END CRYPTIC! You are a business competing with other games of this genre (that's SUPERHEROES, not comics, btw.) that are at least releasing new content on a regular basis, which, btw, if it didn't have the DC license it would still be superior to this game because of its content alone.

(And no, fans, I'm not talking about the Foundry. Screw the Foundry. I've always hated the idea of UGC. I'm gonna let you guys in on a secret...your ideas aren't nearly as good as you think they are, and if they were, you wouldn't give them away for free so someone else could profit from it. If you did that, you'd be stupid, and I ain't playing content from stupid people.)

Now, if you wonder why people's reactions to CO being moved back were met with cynicism and doubt, it's because we've been down this road before - numerous times! You even went out of your way to ignore multiple questions from people during an Ask Cryptic who wondered about the future and direction of this game. You are still doing it in this thread and you are only validating what many currently believe - this game has no future and it's as good as it's gonna get. If that's the truth, then just say it. If not, please don't waste our time.

If you really want change, if you really care about this game, I challenge you to come here and say, 'We believe the future of this game lies with the community, and we want to foster that. Henceforth our focus will be content that will allow our players to show off their characters via storylines, group content, Nemesis, and special events. Here's what we're gonna do...'

And here's the real kicker - that is a massive hill to climb - but that doesn't even begin to address all of CO's other problems. QOL, bugs of all kinds, the tone, aging graphics (which in all fairness I still like), the negative and hostile community (which is well earned but not beyond repair), the cynicism, the crap vehicles...etc.

Just so we're clear - a lot of these current problems with CO were loudly stated by fans in August of 2009 when you announced that CO would have a subscription AND a cash shop. People said content will suffer because you'll only focus on the items in the cash shop.

It's 2015. How'd that work out for you?

I find it so frustrating that the only people who have faith in this game are the remaining few who are still playing it. You may say you're excited, 'splosions, but you have no idea how deep the hole you're in is and this hole is entirely of Cryptic's making...and you keep digging.
    edited April 2015
    I'm FX artist on Champions.

You don't ask the costume designer to design new powers, you don't ask the sound engineer to design new costumes and you don't ask the effects guy to make new content, because it's not their job. There are many hats to wear when making a game, and none of them just say "Game Maker".

Wait til the guy who's in charge of content pokes his head in to tell him what he already knows.
    biffsig.jpg
    edited April 2015
    Its true that you can't ask someone in charge of something to work on a task that is unrelated. But you can have that person use what they have access to and reveal it to the guy in charge and ask "What can we do with all these assets?" Its everyone's job to let the leader know what they have to work with already. Something a team with drive and passion is expected of.
    edited April 2015
    I don't think it was fair for him to take that kind of tone when the effects guy asks what kind of powers we want to see.
    biffsig.jpg
  • xydaxydaxydaxyda Posts: 817 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I hope that long rant made you feel better whoever you are because that is all the good it is going to do here.
  • serpinecohserpinecoh Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited April 2015

My top wants power wise (you will probably notice an obvious theme):

* Munitions energy builders that use Assault Rifles/Shotguns/etc so my large weapon specialists don't have to swap to pistols to charge up.
    * An Infernal Supernatural energy builder that uses a chain that matches the various chain powers in the set.
    * A Might energy builder that uses a chain that matches the various chain powers in the set.
    edited April 2015
    if we're posting wish lists;

I wish they would hijack all the Devs and get them to go through every bloody file and annotate them.

With that done, it should be easier to do the rest of the wish lists or at least not blow up half a dozen things when they put in new ones.

• deadman20deadman20 Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Good question!

Well, if you're taking suggestions... I would love to toss my eternal "Medical Gadgeteering" set into the mix. I know there are some pretty neat assets and effects already available that could be used to make your job easier with that set, and it's been something I've wanted since I started playing CO.

On another note, welcome back to the forums! Pardon the dust. Hope to see some neat stuff from you guys now that you're back. :biggrin:

ANOTHER note: When everything's up and running over in California, you should totally play this song in the office.
    Steam Guide to Modifications and Equipment (Champions Online) - DZPlayer's Builds (Last updated: 3/26/2018)
    And I will always be @DZPlayer122.

• stellariodragonstellariodragon Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I think a "Portal powers" would be a cool "awakened" powerset.

Maybe portal attacks like this portal punch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8QOS2cWTWw
    that reverse ego/strength requirements for melee/ranged attacks.

Maybe more portal summoned pets, perferably in the form of preset side kick/minion powers, like "Sumon Mele," "Summon Ranged," or "Summon Healer" that can be skinned using costume slots.

I imagine a rampage where the villain has these powers and just summons a bunch of cosmics and nemesises.

Although Grond vs Mecha Grond would be cool too.

Also a battle aura that allows for giant growth with stacks of compassion or concentration.

Also a set of battle auras that do various power-up FX and a costume change (based on costume slot)... kinda like how psi mobs switches in battle.

Also more wild Vehicles like a giant glowing sphere or glass-textured gemstone.

Also more gemstone emblems on forehead, chest, hands for reasons.

Also a pony.
  • kemmicalskemmicals Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    A comedy powerset? Stuff like Foxbat's powers or cartoony squashing and stretching.
    edited April 2015

Also more wild Vehicles like a giant glowing sphere or glass-textured gemstone.

A glowing sphere?
    Glinda-Bubble-use-this.jpeg That would be a nice aura/ship for the start of summer. Bubbles everywhere.

Gemstone ship?

Ooooh I see where you are coming from
    UFO%252C+UFOs%252C+orb%252C+orbs%252C+probe%252C+probes%252C+alien%252C+aliens%252C+ET%252C+space%252C+MUFON%252C+sighing%252C+report%252C+diamond%252C+pyramid%252C+power+plant%252C+China%252C+Hebei+Luannan%252C+nuclear%252C+orbit%252C+2011%252C+september%252C+9%252C+real%252C+TUFOS%252C+Taiwan%252C+Japan%252C+destination+truth2.png

and where it goes

DIAMOND-DAY-ROAD-456.jpg
  • quasimojo1quasimojo1 Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I think any new power set or powers would be a huge step in the right direction. The last major change to powers (not counting the Machine AT thing last year, which was a big disappointment) would be what..the laser sword powers..approximately 2 years ago now?

I think some renewed focus on powers will be surprisingly impactful on the game. Both in terms of showing some commitment to the future and resulting interest from players. Tuning the builds of freeform characters has become a minigame itself for a lot of the more committed players.
    LTS since 2009. Author of ACT parser module for CO. Founder of Rampagers. Resident curmudgeon.

"Without data, you're just another person with an opinion." -- W. Edwards Deming