test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Medical Gadgeteering

deadman20deadman20 Posts: 1,529 Arc User
edited July 2015 in Suggestions Box
It's time for everyone to scream "Medic!", a theme we are sorely lacking powers in (among other things like a Supernatural Plant Set that has yet to exist). Some of these things I've tried to bring attention to a while ago and need to be brought back from the grave.

Last updated: 7/29/2015
--

Nanite Capsule (50 Foot Target, 10 Foot Sphere Click)
+Applies a HoT to allies in the affected area which becomes stronger over time.
+Applies an Electric DoT to enemies in the affected area.
-Short Cooldown.
Advantage (2) - The Electric DoT effect has a chance to Paralyze the target.

Nanite Sprayer (50 Foot Single Target Maintain)
*Introduces new "Weapon" costume pieces for use by this power and others in this set.
+Healing amount ramps up as this power is maintained and persists 20 seconds after stopping, refreshing as stacks are gained. This buildup reaches full capacity after 5 full maintains of this power, capping at 100 stacks of Nanite Buildup providing .33% Bonus Healing per stack.
+If triggered while under the effects of the persisting Nanite Buildup, the startup energy cost is halved.
+Unlike other Heal-other powers, this power inflicts a self-snare instead of locking the character in place, giving the character mobility.
Advantage (1) - Gives the power a 30 Degree Cone AoE. Healing amount is split among affected allies.

Nanite Shield (Block Replacer)
*Uses Nanite Sprayer Weapon Costume Pieces
+Better Resistance to Energy Damage Types than other Block Powers (Electricity, Particle, Sonic).
+Taking damage from a Single Target attack has a chance to heal allies within 15 Feet of you.
+Allies within 10 Feet of you have their Resistances increased by 20% of what you receive from this power.
Advantage (3) - Healing an ally with Nanite Sprayer triggers this ability, giving you and any affected allies this power's benefits while active. Energy Cost of the Nanite Sprayer is increased, but energy is still returned when struck as if you were blocking normally.
Advantage (2) - Benefits become more powerful the longer you are actively blocking and persist a short time after finishing.

Triage Beacon (Uncontrolled Pet Summon)
+Deploys a Healing Station at your feet which Pulses every 3 Seconds, healing allies within a 25 Foot Sphere.
+Can remain out until you move 100 Feet away from it or for 30 Seconds, whichever comes first.
-Short Cooldown.
-A Deployed Beacon will increase your energy costs as if it were a Controlled Pet.
-Can be attacked.
Advantage (2) - Allows you to deploy up to two additional beacons, but all beacons will heal at 40% of the original amount. The Cooldown is Removed.

Nanite Infusion (Active Offense)
+You deal 21%/25%/29% Additional Damage and 42%/50%/58% Additional Healing.
+You and Allies in a 25 Foot Sphere around you are healed every 2 seconds for the duration of the power.
-Medium Cooldown.
Advantage (2) - Halves the Charge Time and removes the Cooldown on Resurrection Serum while active.

Medical Nanites (Support Passive Update)
+Heals in a 50 Foot Sphere constantly every 3 Seconds. The time between healing ticks decreases (As low as a Tick every 1 Second) based on how much health is missing from a target affected by your Medical Nanites. (Max rate of healing when Health is below 50%)
Advantage (2) - Allies taking damage have their defenses adapt to the Damage Type for 5 seconds, taking the same type of damage refreshes this effect. At most one Damage Type can be resisted, if another Damage Type strikes the target while it is resisting a different Damage Type, there will be no effect.

-New Additions 1/4/2014-

Nanite Cannon (50 Foot Target, 5~15 Foot Sphere Charged)
+Charging increases Heal Amount and Heal Radius.
+Can move while charging (Self-Snare).
+This Power grants stacks of Nanite Build up based on how long it was charged and the number of allies affected.
Advantage (2) - If Fully Charged, the power will also heal in a 5 Foot Cylinder between you and your target, will inflict a small Cooldown on itself when Fully Charged.

Nanite Disruption/Nanite Purification (50 Foot Single Target Maintained, Dual Power)
+When used on an Enemy, snares the target and reduces their resistances as the power is maintained. Effectiveness increasing as the rank does.
+When used on an Ally, attempts to remove Debuffs on the target.
-Short Cooldown.

-New Additions 3/4/2014-

Overclocked Nanotech (Buff Self)
*Requires the Nanite Sprayer Power before being available
+The user consumes 100 stacks of Nanite Buildup and is granted 1 stack of Overclocked Nanites. Overclocked Nanites is a buff that lasts 60 Seconds and causes Nanite Sprayer's next activation to cost 0 Energy to cast and maintain and provides the target a large bonus to Damage, Resistance, and Energy Generation for the duration of the maintain.
+If your target is in the Melee or Ranged Damage Role, the Damage Bonus is significantly stronger and the target's Critical Chance is improved.
+If your target is in the Tank Role, the Resistance Bonus is significantly stronger and any time the target receives damage, they receive a stacking Defense buff for the duration of the charge.
+If your target is in the Support Role, any healing the target receives from all sources, whether it heals any damage or not, is shared among allies within 15 Feet of them.
+If your target is in the Hybrid Role or is an NPC, all of the bonuses they receive are slightly stronger.
-Nanite Buildup must be at 100 Stacks before this power can be activated.
-Only affects the Nanite Sprayer Power and is only available if you have the Nanite Sprayer Power.
-If your Nanite Sprayer has the Cone AoE Advantage, this overrides it back to a Single Target heal for the duration.
-While this buff is active, the user will be unable to stack Nanite Buildup.

-New Additions 3/7/2014-

Nanotech Pistol (50 Foot Single Target Energy Builder)
*Uses Gadgeteering Pistol Weapon Unlocks
+Using this power on an ally heals them, you receive energy if you actually heal damage the target has taken.
+Attacking enemies deals Particle Damage, has a 10% chance on the initial attack to apply a Toxic DoT.
Advantage (2) - The Attack will have a 15% Chance to apply the Toxic DoT on all attacks. Healing your targets also has a 15% chance on the initial hit to grant a small absorption shield, reducing incoming damage by a flat amount for a short period.

Nanite Shot (100 Foot Single Target Charged)
*Uses Gadgeteering Pistol Weapon Unlocks
+Using this power on an ally heals them, enemies and other objects will otherwise be dealt Particle Damage.
+Fully Charging this power which heals an ally to their Max Health gives the target a Shield based on the amount overhealed, fully charging will otherwise apply a Heal over Time.
+Fully Charging this power against an enemy will cause the target to receive a DoT, this DoT will deal Electrical Damage.
+Using this power on yourself is instant, and provides a HoT buff for 10 seconds. You cannot use this power on yourself more than once every 10 seconds.
Advantage (2) - Give the power a 10 Foot Sphere AoE if Charged at least half way. the Fully Charged Shield and DoT will only apply to the main target, but the HoT will affect allies in 15 Feet of the main target if they receive it.

-New Additions 7/6/2014-

Shield Generator (Uncontrolled Pet Summon)
+Deploys a Shielding Station at your feet which Pulses every 5 Seconds, shielding allies within a 25 Foot Sphere.
+Allies with a Personal Force Field will have their Rate of Shield Regeneration increased when in the generator's area of effect.
+Can remain out until you move 100 Feet away from it or for 60 Seconds, whichever comes first.
-Moderate Cooldown.
-A Deployed Beacon will increase your energy costs as if it were a Controlled Pet.
-The Generator does reduced Shielding based on its Health.
-Can be attacked.
Advantage (3) - Allows you to attach the Shield Generator to a target on cast, having it follow them around for the duration. Area of Effect is reduced to a 15 Foot Sphere.

Nanohex Shielding (50 Foot Single Target Click)
+Applies an absorption buff to the target to absorb incoming damage for 10 seconds. The absorption's strength is low to start, but increases as the target receives damage.
+When using this on a friendly target with a Shielding effect, their Shields are also repaired over time.
-Medium Cooldown.
Advantage (2) - Whenever a target takes damage, the damage absorbed by this ability is returned to their attacker.

Amplifier (Uncontrolled Pet Summon)
+Deploys an Amplifier at your feet which increases allies' Critical Chance and Damage in a 15 Foot Sphere.
+Can remain out until you move 100 Feet away from it or for 15 Seconds, whichever comes first.
-Moderate Cooldown.
-Can be attacked.

-New Additions 1/28/2015-

Nanite Wave (50 Foot Target, 90 Degree Cone Charged)
*Powered Armor Ability, utilizes Emanation Points.
+Heals allies in the area, strength of this ability increases as the power is charged.
+When charged at least 50%, enemies in the area have a chance to be knocked down. At 100% charge, they are also snared.
-Short Cooldown.
Advantage (2) - Affected allies receive a Heal over Time component.
Steam Guide to Modifications and Equipment (Champions Online) - DZPlayer's Builds (Last updated: 3/26/2018)
And I will always be @DZPlayer122.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
Post edited by deadman20 on

Comments

• raighnraighn Posts: 2,339 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I said it in your last thread on this and I'll say it again...

ADD THESE!
    ^-^ cute, cuddly, @Pandabutt ^-^
    jniKqKJ.png
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    deadman20 wrote: »
    Nanite Capsule (50 Foot Target, 10 Foot Sphere Click)
    +Applies a HoT to all allies in the affected area (If targeting an Ally, up to 5)
    +Applies a DoT to all enemies in the affected area (If targeting an Enemy, up to 5)
    -Medium Cooldown
    Advantage (2) - Applies both effects to their respective targets in the area regardless of whether the target is friend or foe and increases the Sphere range to 15 Feet. Max Affected Targets set at 10

Versatile unique power, always like more of those. The advantage confused me at first, but then I drank some coffee and understood it :3 I almost feel like the advantage could just be how the power normally works though; it wouldn't be op, because the power is already on a cooldown.
    --
    Nanite Sprayer (50 Foot Single Target Maintain)
    *Introduces new "Weapon" costume pieces for use by this power and Nanite Shield
    +Healing amount ramps up as this power is maintained and persists for a short time after stopping
    +If triggered while under the effects of the persisting Healing Rampup, there is no startup energy cost
    +Unlike other Heal-other powers, this power inflicts a self-snare instead of locking the character in place, giving the character mobility
    Advantage (1) - Gives the power a 30 Degree Cone AoE. Healing amount is split among affected allies
    Advantage "Fully Charged" (3) - Healing Rampup will persist longer but proc much slower. When the Healing Rampup has reached full capacity, the next maintain's length is doubled and your main target has their Crit Rate increased by a flat 10% and their Severity is set at 100% for the duration of the maintain (Higher Crit Severity Values are not affected). This consumes the healing buildup at the end of the power's maintain.

Another cool power. I don't think "Fully Charged" really clicks though. I would instead replace it with an Advantage that builds up an absorb shield on the target, with a graphic similar to Bionic Shielding, like you're spraying a thin layer of nanites over the person. Also for the 3 pt advantage, I think it would be safe to make it be triggered by all healing, so it's not so restricted.

Nanite Shield (Block Replacer)
    +Better Resistance to Energy Damage Types than other Block Powers (Electricity, Plasma, Sonic)
    +Taking damage has a chance to heal allies within 15 Feet of you, healing allies by this effect triggers the Healing Rampup used by the power Nanite Sprayer at most once every 4 seconds
    +Allies within 10 Feet of you have their Defense buffed
    Advantage (3) - Healing an ally with Nanite Sprayer triggers this ability, giving you and any affected allies this power's benefits while active (Albiet weaker). Energy Cost of the Nanite Sprayer is increased, but energy is still returned when struck.
    Advantage (2) - Benefits become more powerful the longer you are actively blocking and persist a short time after finishing, if the benefits reach their maximum capacity then you will begin constantly healing nearby allies for a short time, consuming the additional strength.

This sounds really neat! Not sure about the 2 point advantage... but it's interesting and cool, so whatever.
    Triage Beacon (Uncontrolled Pet Summon)
    +Deploys a Healing Station at your feet which Pulses every 2 Seconds, healing allies within a 25 Foot Sphere
    +Can remain out until you move 100 Feet away from it or for 30 Seconds, whichever comes first
    -A Deployed Beacon will increase your energy costs as if it were a Controlled Pet
    -Healing is split among multiple targets
    -Can be attacked
    Advantage (2) - Allows you to deploy up to two additional beacons, but all beacons will heal at 40% of the original amount.

I just like this.
    Nanite Infusion (Active Offense)
    +Improves Healing Strength while active
    +Crit Healing returns energy at most once every 3 seconds
    +You and Allies in a 25 Foot Sphere around you are healed over time
    +Halves the Charge Time and removes the Cooldown on Resurrection Serum while active
    -Medium Cooldown
    -Cannot Crit

You forgot the offense part :o Since it has a bunch of other stuff (some of which should probably be turned into Advantages) maybe it could make all your attacks do 10% additional damage as damage-over-time?
    Medical Nanites (Support Passive Update)
    +Heals in a 50 Foot Sphere constantly every 1.5 Seconds
    +Improves Healing Strength
    +Allies taking damage have their defenses adapt to the Damage Type for 5 seconds, taking the same type of damage refreshes this effect. At most one Damage Type can be resisted, if another Damage Type strikes the target while it is resisting another Damage Type, there will be no effect.

The only thing I'm gonna be down on. I don't like any of this part.

IN CONCLUSION s( O 3 O)/

I can see one massive glaring problem with this that you obviously have not considered... and that is that if this were implemented, no one would want to use any of those other boring old fashioned heals anymore xD
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    /SIGNED

Yes please, those powers are PROPER Gadgeteering Healing :eek:

Bionic Shielding and Medical Nanites are NOTHING compared to what the Celestial has to offer! But a proper Gadget healer can't use Magic!

Also I do love the Maintance Healing Gun idea ;)
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
    edited January 2014
    I just hope I can use the gadgeteer pistol skin with the Nanite Spray... It'd really detract from my gadgeteer healer's theme if I cant >.<
    jniKqKJ.png
  • deadman20deadman20 Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    C'mon everyone, say it with me!

MEDIC!
    Steam Guide to Modifications and Equipment (Champions Online) - DZPlayer's Builds (Last updated: 3/26/2018)

edited January 2014
    No, this idea is bad and you are bad, and anyone who disagrees with me is a dumb.

There, I just bought you like 3 weeks worth of bumps.
    edited January 2014
    Come on, you know you want to get out of Sorcery to do proper healing with Gadgeteering! Help us help you!

edited January 2014
    This is the part where everyone who's gonna say it has already said "Cool idea!" and your thread slowly drops off the front page.

The devs have seen your thread... bumping it more won't do anything.

Your part in this is over... now go eat pie.
    edited March 2014
    Hey look, moar powers that should be in the game. :3

• flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    The 'Ah So Overly Used' Tractor Beam power has nice animation and "weapon" for the tech medical powers.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    edited March 2014
    laughinxan wrote: »
    While I'm not usually one to support "more healing powers", I see you also included those of us who want damage mitigation powers to be added to the game. The buffs adding to damage resistance/defense is a good idea, and we need more things like that in this game :). Glad you see more than just healing as a support person :).

Aye, my main being stuck with "Only Healing" (and on top of all of the good heals are Magic Based) isn't my favorite thing in the world. Hopefully these powers will come out and we'll have more scientific support heroes. Have I told you how much I absolutely HATE magic? :rolleyes:

• riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Just jumping on the bandwagon here.. yes.

My "Medivac" character is pretty much as close to a tech healer - as i cold get. I still had to dip into Force (Protection Field + IDF) and Celestial (AORP + Arcane Vitality) for him to be a functional healer.

But having actual heals in the Gadget pool would be a dream come true.
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
    edited March 2014
    Thanks for the support. I think if we want to get Cryptic to see this then we'll have to put it in places where they will actually look... like the PTS Forums! :wink:

edited May 2014
    One... final... bump...

edited July 2014
    Not to bump a dead horse or anything... but I've added a few new interesting ideas. :tongue:

• circleofpsi#4619 circleofpsi Posts: 2,913 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Looks pretty nice so far, this power set whuold fit my toon ALOT, as she uses cybernetic tech to heal, nanobots.

But yeah, chances of TT, saying this is going to be a thing, is me getting an Xeno as an girlfreind, just settle with Cel Powers
    Psi.
  • tfavsb10tfavsb10 Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Sighned Bump bump bump!
  • bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Fully support these ideas. Not all doctors are malicious toy inventors with chainsaws.
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

• circleofpsi#4619 circleofpsi Posts: 2,913 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I have to admit I really whuold love this to be an think, highly doubt it will be, but feels like something I can do with the Cele Build.

Have you pointed this out to TT yet?
    Psi.
    edited April 2015
    cryneting wrote: »
    Have you pointed this out to TT yet?

I've poked him with it in other threads with no reaction. I can't tell whether or not he has taken a look at this, and I don't want to pester him too much about it by sending a PM in case he already knows. If a PM is what it takes, then that's what I'll consider.

In the meantime, who wants to help push this cart?

Your Necromancy Level has increased by "Insert Number Here".

I found these in Talos's Warehouse. I know they're Geometry objects and not actual Weapon Models... but ah, one can dream. They would make great Nanite Sprayer Weapon Options in addition to whatever Cannons they were going for.
    --

5v3ogo.jpg
    28umma0.jpg
    ​​

• KagamiTheMagicalCatGerlKagamiTheMagicalCatGerl Posts: 357 Arc User
    I'm just here to put this picture of butter. Nope, not here to bump the thread, that would make me look silly after that earlier post I left o3o
    stick_o___butter_by_emptypulchritude-d4ugo9e.png
    I'm still really hoping this gets added sometime... we need more tech-based heals...
    jniKqKJ.png
  • cynicoolcynicool Posts: 160 Arc User
    These are pretty damn sweet. I have a healbot that would love more tech options.

Also: An advantage that replaces the Muni-Bot's gatling form with a heal form.​​
    10dsf81.png
    So, when editing the original post I came across this:

Body is 4111 characters too long.

I am now sad. nIYoW7R.png​​

• Yes Pls
    Psi.