test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Champions Online Returning to Cryptic Studios in Los Gatos, California

1246

Comments

  • itsbrou#5396 itsbrou Posts: 1,752 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I dare you to become the top superhero MMO, because I expect you to be mediocre. If you really deserve to be the leader, you will act like it and stop making excuses.
    Brou in Cryptic games.
  • merloidermerloider Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I would love to see some re-purposed animations.

    /sitlounge..

    .. and everything you can do whilst reading that Mechanon article in Ren Cen..

    Anywho, best wishes to the new team. d('-' )
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,439 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Just finish implemented systems and deliver things the players want working from small time up.
  • nextnametakennextnametaken Posts: 2,212 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    change your map to maps/system/Empty.zone

    It isn't a perfect solution, but at least there isn't lighting or any other effect in there.

    Oh that's nice. I'll have to put that in Demolisher somehow.
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    So now that we've had the two PR messages about the ONE person working on CO and ithe moving back to Cryptic south.

    Before STO & NW were being worked on at Head Office and CO at CN.

    Now CN is doing console work and CO is back at Head quarters but there has been no mention of who exactly or how many will be working on the game

    Roughly how many people will be working on CO?

    and will that be full time, part time or when they have time?

    Because this little detail has been completely avoided.
    A lot of people seem to be assuming this means a larger team, despite the recent comment that "CO takes very little to keep it chugging along."

    A little message describing the full setup would be nice. Not just the PR message about the one experienced person
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • deadman20deadman20 Posts: 1,528 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I dare you to become the top superhero MMO, because I expect you to be mediocre. If you really deserve to be the leader, you will act like it and stop making excuses.

    Love it. :rolleyes:

    Yes, let's show DC and Marvel how it's done. We will be the heroes standing tall while they remain pawns and sidekicks. Show us your ambition, Cryptic and Cryptic North! Put power behind Champions and I have no doubt we'll come out on top together.
    Steam Guide to Modifications and Equipment (Champions Online) - DZPlayer's Builds (Last updated: 3/26/2018)
    And I will always be @DZPlayer122.

    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,285 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    /eatdonut.....
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • rianfrostrianfrost Posts: 578 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I dare you to become the top superhero MMO, because I expect you to be mediocre. If you really deserve to be the leader, you will act like it and stop making excuses.
    depending on what you play superhero mmos for, it already is by default. but that is damning them with faint praise. Potential is a surprisingly unpleasant thing to have. a good game is good by virtue of having achieved what i has, but a game with teh potential to be great will always be haunted by the specter of what it could be. co could have been the best superhero game out there, it had the potential but never the direction or publisher attention. I hope they do now, though i confess that barring some statement on pwi's part, the fact that we are returning to the people who left us pretty much ignored(though i don't blame them, pwi determines tasking and we weren't it) for years before we got cryptic north with a publisher that still never publicly talks about us..i have doubts, but i'd love to see this game approach the potential it has. as opposed to "limited customization universe online" and "absolutely no @#$%ing customization whatsoever" who are not going to fill the need..
  • doktormarengodoktormarengo Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    It's exciting to see a new face at the helm. But I don't hold out hope it's anything more than that. Remember, when the game was shuttled to Cryptic North not so long ago? Quite a few of us were pretty buzzed about it.

    In the end, we didn't get much. At least not what it was we hoped for. A few small updates, some welcome bug fixes (Thank you) and some new missions. But nothing really to write home about.

    So that's about what I'm expecting here. I mean we've pretty much heard that CO is being left alone to simply "chug along".. because it doesn't cost much to keep it going.

    That's hardly an endorsement for big changes to come.
    This is RiverOcean's 2nd Account. Can't combine my STO and CO accounts for some weird reason.
  • birusanbirusan Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Randy,

    Congrats on the new role (I think)!

    I certainly hope it is a harbinger of positive things to come and that you're not taking on the hospice role to oversee and facilitate COs slow death and burial as happened with CoH not so long ago.

    Given that CO is only available through ARC, it is hard to believe that there is any intent to grow the user base, when CO doesn't even appear on the arc's front page. Additionally, if you click any of the tabs: Featured Games, Recommended Games, or New Releases or look at the Weekly Top Games, you'll note that CO isn't listed. Unless someone is searching specifically for CO, i.e. was referred by a friend, there's no advertising to the game.

    Additionally, it is not infrequent that during the week there will be too few people on to run an Alert on the live server, even the one being promoted that day by Lt. Patil. Given that the On Alert revision to CO requires sufficient players to access this content, Cryptic/Perfect World/ARC need to promote it or anyone who does run through the base content with a character to the point they can finally access these will just quit out of frustration.

    CO still has a place in the MMO world, where other games are competing in the ultra realities of real world feel, CO retains its comic book sense and appearance. This should give it an advantage since it can run on older machines.

    As a Gold Subscriber, I sincerely hope that the company(s) emulate your commitment. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. Games are no different than businesses, either grow or die, maintaining is not an option.

    Birusan
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,314 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    birusan wrote: »
    Given that CO is only available through ARC...
    It's also on Steam. (Sometimes I think I should have that printed on a T-shirt.)
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

    - David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • mastersparx92mastersparx92 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Please, for the love of God, let this new development team put some decent stuff in Champs, like the freaking foundry we've been begging for since STO.
  • decorumfriendsdecorumfriends Posts: 2,790 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    birusan makes me wonder what he saw:

    I certainly hope it is a harbinger of positive things to come and that you're not taking on the hospice role to oversee and facilitate COs slow death and burial as happened with CoH not so long ago.

    CoH didn't have a "slow death and burial", it had an abrupt yanking of the life support wires while plenty of developing and updating was still going on.
    'Dec out

    QDSxNpT.png
  • bwdaresbwdares Posts: 1,517 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    It's exciting to see a new face at the helm. But I don't hold out hope it's anything more than that. Remember, when the game was shuttled to Cryptic North not so long ago? Quite a few of us were pretty buzzed about it.

    In the end, we didn't get much. At least not what it was we hoped for. A few small updates, some welcome bug fixes (Thank you) and some new missions. But nothing really to write home about.

    So that's about what I'm expecting here. I mean we've pretty much heard that CO is being left alone to simply "chug along".. because it doesn't cost much to keep it going.

    That's hardly an endorsement for big changes to come.

    For me, though we didn't get "much" I think the quality was higher. The costume pieces even that pesky glitched Scoundrel coat,...and ignoring the scientist set, so I am a little leery of the game going back to another group. But since we have little to no info on their plans, it is just wait and see right now.
    #Mechanon!(completed) #New Zones! #Foundry!
  • rianfrostrianfrost Posts: 578 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    CoH didn't have a "slow death and burial", it had an abrupt yanking of the life support wires while plenty of developing and updating was still going on.

    heh yeah, if you want to see me really rage out, ask me about all the cool stuff i had planned for issue 25. massive additions to the pool powers, magic pool power set, new martial arts based blaster and dominator set, massive meta change with the new enhancements that totally changed the push for softcapping defense over resist. it was practically a expansion from the mechanics perspective..excuse me, i gotta go punch something. and the really cool mission chain with the hellions that was nice and long, and had lots of new custom areas.

    hey arkayn, how bout something like that for here...say with a plants powerset.
  • canadascottcanadascott Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    CoH didn't have a "slow death and burial", it had an abrupt yanking of the life support wires while plenty of developing and updating was still going on.

    I'd say being smothered by a big Korean pillow so the spouse could collect the insurance money would be a more apt description.
    /CanadaBanner4.jpg
  • sistersiliconsistersilicon Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I'd say being smothered by a big Korean pillow so the spouse could collect the insurance money would be a more apt description.

    I was going to suggest "asked to step outside, where a hitman waiting behind the door put a bullet in its brain", but yours works better. We can see where that money got spent.
    Choose your enemies carefully, because they will define you / Make them interesting, because in some ways they will mind you
    They're not there in the beginning, but when your story ends / Gonna last with you longer than your friends
  • rainshadow2rainshadow2 Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Randy and TrailTurtle I know this probably isn't the FORUM for this but Enough is Enough Already!!!! Im a 4Yr GOLD Vet and I've been FARMING for JUSTICE GEAR since it's been introduced and don't have even 1 Piece ..and I play everyday ...this is RIDICULOUS!

    Randy In your new changes why don't you go back to some old stuff you should have never changed (ie REMOVED) in the first place ... CRAFTING!! Exploring different Zones and NPC's to get components to CRAFT was SUPER AWESOME! I have SCIENCE skill of 400 on Toons that doesn't mean squat. If you weren't going to make Justice Gear availble in the CStore or wherever at least you could have made it a CRAFTED Item? I wouldn't have minded FLYING all over the different Zones for crafting parts as much as FARMING the same OLE RAMPAGES time after time after time after time after time after time after time after time (see how REDUNDANT that is!) till it's just Stupidly Annoying ..who's Idea was it anyway to make us have to do the same ole Missions a Million times to get anything ...talk about BURNOUT GEEZ ...please get it right ...THANK YOU!
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,285 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Maybe your TROLLING is the problem....
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • bwdaresbwdares Posts: 1,517 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Randy and TrailTurtle I know this probably isn't the FORUM for this but Enough is Enough Already!!!! Im a 4Yr GOLD Vet and I've been TROLLING for JUSTICE GEAR since it's been introduced and don't have even 1 Piece ..and I play everyday ...this is RIDICULOUS!

    Randy In your new changes why don't you go back to some old stuff you should have never changed (ie REMOVED) in the first place ... CRAFTING!! Exploring different Zones and NPC's to get components to CRAFT was SUPER AWESOME! I have SCIENCE skill of 400 on Toons that doesn't mean squat. If you weren't going to make Justice Gear availble in the CStore or wherever at least you could have made it a CRAFTED Item? I wouldn't have minded FLYING all over the different Zones for crafting parts as much as TROLLING the same OLE RAMPAGES time after time after time after time after time after time after time after time (see how REDUNDANT that is!) till it's just Stupidly Annoying ..who's Idea was it anyway to make us have to do the same ole Missions a Million times to get anything ...talk about BURNOUT GEEZ ...please get it right ...THANK YOU!

    Maybe you're doing it wrong? I got what was needed within the first rotation. Are you sure you know what you need?

    Joking aside.

    How long until you new/old devs tell us what you would like to do for the game? Do you have any goals for it? and do you see being put back on Champs as a demotion? I probably would at this point.
    -joking tone is intended on this.

    .
    #Mechanon!(completed) #New Zones! #Foundry!
  • itsbrou#5396 itsbrou Posts: 1,752 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Oh, boy!
    The natives grow restless.

    Growing restless is not a character advancement path.
    Brou in Cryptic games.
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,314 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I think Rainshadow NEEDS to CRAFT a new SHIFT LOCK KEY, because his SEEMS to BE malfunctioning.

    He ALSO needs to CRAFT a better MEMORY, because the OLD CRAFTING SYSTEM sucked ROCKS. With the exception of TRAVEL POWERS, which took as LONG as if not LONGER THAN Justice gear, what you crafted was GENERALLY weaker than the GEAR you picked up while trying to GRIND your crafting LEVEL. There just didn't seem TO BE much point to it.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

    - David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 6,911 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    jonsills wrote: »
    He ALSO needs to CRAFT a better MEMORY, because the OLD CRAFTING SYSTEM sucked ROCKS. With the exception of TRAVEL POWERS, which took as LONG as if not LONGER THAN Justice gear, what you crafted was GENERALLY weaker than the GEAR you picked up while trying to GRIND your crafting LEVEL. There just didn't seem TO BE much point to it.
    The old crafting system had some useful consumables, plus some action figures and costume unlocks. You also got modestly useful buffs from opening resource nodes, and it was also an alternative use for vendor trash, plus it was at the time the only source for large bags. I wouldn't call it wonderful, but it wasn't useless.
  • meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited April 2015
    And it was also giving us weapon unlocks and AFs.

    Crafted gear was s***t, but the system was enjoyable for some players and if someone did not like it they weren't really forced to participate.

    Instead we have one game system less.

    Yay!

    What else also could be axed because probably not everyone really cares about it? Costumes maybe?
  • deadman20deadman20 Posts: 1,528 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The old crafting system had some useful consumables, plus some action figures and costume unlocks. You also got modestly useful buffs from opening resource nodes, and it was also an alternative use for vendor trash, plus it was at the time the only source for large bags. I wouldn't call it wonderful, but it wasn't useless.

    Crafting was far from useless. I always used it as a means to keep others equipped throughout the game, in addition to what you've mentioned. Crafting, for me, was another method to help out other heroes and I am ashamed that we haven't gotten a proper replacement. I want to be able to BUILD the gear on the spot, not rely on some RNG BS that can take weeks to find exactly what I, or anyone else needs. By that time, anything I've probably found is already useless because the person I tried to outfit ended up either leaving the game or outgrowing the equipment long before they even had it!

    I am stuck waiting until said player reaches Lv40 to outfit them properly. Now, what happens if the player never makes it to Lv40 and his complaint is exactly what I've just stated here? That the equipment he is finding does not fit his needs and can't keep everything updated because of it. The Recognition Vendors? What do they offer? A BROKEN RNG Chance Box that forces all equipment inside them to require Lv40 no matter what, regardless of who is opening them or which vendor they originated from.

    Is it bad that I no longer feel like a superhero in a game about being a superhero?
    Steam Guide to Modifications and Equipment (Champions Online) - DZPlayer's Builds (Last updated: 3/26/2018)
    And I will always be @DZPlayer122.

    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,314 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    gradii wrote: »
    2, If it was so useless why be so upset about it being a grind? its useless remember? whats the point?
    Not upset, just mocking the typing style of randomly capitalized WORDS IN a sentence. It's like listening to the radio WHILE someone randomly twists the VOLUME KNOB up and DOWN.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

    - David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • decorumfriendsdecorumfriends Posts: 2,790 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    canadascott turns a phrase:

    I'd say being smothered by a big Korean pillow so the spouse could collect the insurance money would be a more apt description.
    sistersilicon is too modest:

    I was going to suggest "asked to step outside, where a hitman waiting behind the door put a bullet in its brain", but yours works better. We can see where that money got spent.

    I like 'me both! Very apt. :biggrin:

    But, in any case, it was anything but a lingering death.
    'Dec out

    QDSxNpT.png
  • ashensnowashensnow Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    And it was also giving us weapon unlocks and AFs.

    Crafted gear was s***t, but the system was enjoyable for some players and if someone did not like it they weren't really forced to participate.

    This.

    It was one of the better crafting systems I have encountered in an MMO for just this reason.

    'Caine, miss you bud. Fly high.
  • baelogventurebaelogventure Posts: 514 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Maybe CO will get the NWO/STO crafting system...along with the Hireling/Duty Officer system to go with it.
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    maybe CO will get some of the Devs from STO/NW so we have some to go with the guy in the PR message.
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Randy and TrailTurtle I know this probably isn't the FORUM for this but Enough is Enough Already!!!! Im a 4Yr GOLD Vet and I've been FARMING for JUSTICE GEAR since it's been introduced and don't have even 1 Piece ..and I play everyday ...this is RIDICULOUS!

    Randy In your new changes why don't you go back to some old stuff you should have never changed (ie REMOVED) in the first place ... CRAFTING!! Exploring different Zones and NPC's to get components to CRAFT was SUPER AWESOME! I have SCIENCE skill of 400 on Toons that doesn't mean squat. If you weren't going to make Justice Gear availble in the CStore or wherever at least you could have made it a CRAFTED Item? I wouldn't have minded FLYING all over the different Zones for crafting parts as much as FARMING the same OLE RAMPAGES time after time after time after time after time after time after time after time (see how REDUNDANT that is!) till it's just Stupidly Annoying ..who's Idea was it anyway to make us have to do the same ole Missions a Million times to get anything ...talk about BURNOUT GEEZ ...please get it right ...THANK YOU![/QUOTE]

    WARNING SNARKY REMARKS INCOMING;just finished work and still unpacking shopping.

    1. 4 year Gold here too(well LTS now) . You make it sound like this entitles you to get everything easily.

    Rather like the person on the STO forums who thought, that since he had spent $5000 on the game , that he should be asked by the Devs what he wanted in the game.

    He was laughed at and had it pointed out that he got what he paid for. He was eventually stopped by a person who overruled him and said " NO I think the limit should be $14000, thats what I've spent on the game."

    2. Who said he removed them?

    3. I see those zones and people by doing missions.

    4. Justice gear was made as a reward for Rampages, to encourage them to do them. it is not a pay2win prize(Zstore item)

    5. welcome to gear grind, as is played by thousands of players in hundreds of games.
    and to the RNG, where you have no guarantees of ever getting it because the results are random.

    I have tokens from 1 person but none from the others.

    So why are you grinding for Justice gear, what content actually needs it?

    I have characters with 400 skill in science, arms and mysticism from before On alert

    I remember quite clearly being told by a LARGE amount of people, when I asked which crafting school to learn, that ;
    it's a waste of time,
    you can't make anything good only gear AF's and costumes,
    the gears rubbish,
    the CTP's take way too long to get the recipes let alone the actual items.
    I did it anyway.


    NW system, no. it's still the same produce large amount of junk items, just done remotely.

    The Doff system in STO works better, minor Q and XP awards plus skills towards craft levels.
    you can get different missions depending on where you are.Also items which you can actually use for missions and crafting.

    In our case, we would need subjects such as;

    law/crime
    science/magic
    martial arts/firearms
    medical
    philanthropy
    contacts/followers(making and getting them)
    research
    politics/espionage
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 4,102 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Wow, you must have truly epic bad luck. I've managed 11.5 sets since Justice Gear became available.
    Randy and TrailTurtle I know this probably isn't the FORUM for this but Enough is Enough Already!!!! Im a 4Yr GOLD Vet and I've been FARMING for JUSTICE GEAR since it's been introduced and don't have even 1 Piece ..and I play everyday ...this is RIDICULOUS!
    !
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,314 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I'd love to have STO's crafting system here. I only occasionally make something the character doing it can use, but it's a great way to outfit a new toon - nothing like your freshly-minted LT flying a Miranda with Mk II antiproton beams and a Mk II quantum torpedo launcher, all with substantial bonuses. Makes saving the crew of the Azura go much more quickly, and the Klingon group at P'jem virtually melts...

    It would be even better if it came with something similar to the DOff system. (I've outlined my "Contacts" concept a number of times, so don't see the need to reiterate it again.) It'd be great if Hypernova could finish up a mission, head back to the penthouse to rest, and get messages from the Contacts he'd called earlier - the Cop has some news about his Nem, one of the Reporters has a lead on rising gang activity in City Center, that sort of thing.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

    - David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • avianosavianos Posts: 5,390 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Ok... exciting


    My biggest concern and fear is how exactly is this change gonna Effect CO again?

    Before Cryptic North and DURING the Development of Neverwinter Online, Champions online has been in Maintenance Mode for more than 1 Year... and it was very sad period

    No Z-Store, No new Costumes, No new events, No new nothing

    Really Sad Period indeed

    I really hope that this won't happen again and this is not 1 Step Forward 3 Steps Backward

    I hope the future will prove me wrong and won't just be Lockboxes >_>
    jonsills wrote: »
    He ALSO needs to CRAFT a better MEMORY, because the OLD CRAFTING SYSTEM sucked ROCKS.

    I disagree, it was 100% better than this pathetic Fusion system we currently have, you could make costumes unlocks, action figurines and power replacements

    Also relative with the first pages of the thread, why are you people more concerned about new Action Figurines? >_> Some of them are nice I agree but they are Useless Vanity Pets with no Impact on game?

    Not to mention that those little baggers Dissapear instantly when enemies apply Crowd Control on you (REALLY ANNOYING)
    RIf you weren't going to make Justice Gear availble in the CStore or wherever at least you could have made it a CRAFTED Item?

    You are asking them to make the "Best Gear" PAY TO WIN?, this is as bad as Gamble to Win (Lockbox Legion Gear)

    Also why are we having End-Game Gear when the End Game of CO is Rampages... which you need to complete to get the End Game Gear to--- IT'S A PARADOX!!
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events
    An Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable but farms way to much to archieve that
    Playing as EVERYTHING but Superheroes (BUT they are my Heroes) Eternal Silver since 1 February 2011
    Currently playing with 85+ Characters (7 ATs, 78 FFs) Loving all of them, ALTitis for Life but I'm running out of unique FF builds!
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,314 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    You could make Power Replacers - that were dramatically weaker than the powers they replaced.

    You could make Action Figures. Yippee. Just what I need - another mobile item following me around, cluttering the screen and sucking up my graphics card.

    You could even make cool Travel Powers - if you didn't mind a grind for the necessary components that makes getting Justice Gear look like a trip to the corner store. And honestly, those TPs were the only reason I ever tried to level my Crafting in the first place.

    The only thing the old system did better than the new, IMO, was to let you level your skill by breaking down the useless items you picked up, which you currently can sell for Resources. Other than that, I get a lot more mileage out of the current system (Growth Amulets are my friend!).

    I seem to recall that some of y'all were really happy when the new system was announced, too - "ANYTHING would be better than this!!!" was a common sentiment at the time.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

    - David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited April 2015
    jonsills wrote: »
    You could make Power Replacers - that were dramatically weaker than the powers they replaced.

    You could make Action Figures. Yippee. Just what I need - another mobile item following me around, cluttering the screen and sucking up my graphics card.

    You could even make cool Travel Powers - if you didn't mind a grind for the necessary components that makes getting Justice Gear look like a trip to the corner store. And honestly, those TPs were the only reason I ever tried to level my Crafting in the first place.

    The only thing the old system did better than the new, IMO, was to let you level your skill by breaking down the useless items you picked up, which you currently can sell for Resources. Other than that, I get a lot more mileage out of the current system (Growth Amulets are my friend!).

    I seem to recall that some of y'all were really happy when the new system was announced, too - "ANYTHING would be better than this!!!" was a common sentiment at the time.

    That's all only your personal perception. Because some of us never liked fusion system more than old crafting.

    You are picking few voices and making it how everyone suddenly changed their minds.

    Don't force your definition of "better" down to everyone's throat.

    New system is utter rubbish and it was forced only to test things for Neverplay Onfail. The only thing it does better than the old one is giving us mods, but even this one, with high chance of fail, is designed against players.

    Exchanging a real crafting for this thing is one reason more for my contempt towards the DnD game.

    Their development damaged CO. How I love to read about every small fail NW encounters, how I can't wait till the next edition of DnD when everything 4th ed will become worthless only to see NW mmo hurt. Then I think I'll feel some small satisfaction just because I have one less activity in CO left. Because it was sacrificed for their wretched fantasy game.

    YOU didn't like old crafting. And maybe some people. It doe't mean that everyone else is bound to think the same. Or give a damn.
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 4,102 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I happen to agree with jonsills. The old system was boring and useless to me, for all the reasons he listed. True, it's my personal opinion, but that's all we're talking about here.
    That's all only your personal perception. Because some of us
    never liked fusion system more than old crafting.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • ngeluzngeluz Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    That's all only your personal perception. Because some of us never liked fusion system more than old crafting.

    You are picking few voices and making it how everyone suddenly changed their minds.

    Don't force your definition of "better" down to everyone's throat.

    New system is utter rubbish and it was forced only to test things for Neverplay Onfail. The only thing it does better than the old one is giving us mods, but even this one, with high chance of fail, is designed against players.

    Exchanging a real crafting for this thing is one reason more for my contempt towards the DnD game.

    Their development damaged CO. How I love to read about every small fail NW encounters, how I can't wait till the next edition of DnD when everything 4th ed will become worthless only to see NW mmo hurt. Then I think I'll feel some small satisfaction just because I have one less activity in CO left. Because it was sacrificed for their wretched fantasy game.

    YOU didn't like old crafting. And maybe some people. It doe't mean that everyone else is bound to think the same. Or give a damn.

    I have to say I'm sad to agree with you on this, it has always look that NW literally suck the life out of CO, the negligence and how they seem to just box CO in, like hoping it would die out... is something that really disappointed me about Cryptic... I only play it because I love Cryptic games... but was very disappointed on the community management...to the point I stop playing at all... and I can confirm that NW has receive a lot of love and attention... (its very well made visually and in all its mechanics), why CO is stuck in the mud :confused:

    Im hoping now that this is happening CO gets the attention it was taken from it to do NW and make it the great game it has the potential to be! :rolleyes:

    PS: "Oh and don't mention in the forums of NW that is a 4th edition game... the forum community Zealots that run it, will flip out and tell you NW is its own edition... and close or erase your post if you persist on the 4th edition stuff... like vampires a class... no,no,no they say; its a disease/race even if the 4th edition says its a class... and that NW is moving forward to the other editions, etc... don't ask me why moderators are controlling and making opinions of that matter since the game is base on 4th or its if its its own version as they say..." :eek:
  • bwdaresbwdares Posts: 1,517 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    ngeluz wrote: »
    I have to say I'm sad to agree with you on this, it has always look that NW literally suck the life out of CO, the negligence and how they seem to just box CO in, like hoping it would die out... is something that really disappointed me about Cryptic... I only play it because I love Cryptic games... but was very disappointed on the community management...to the point I stop playing at all... and I can confirm that NW has receive a lot of love and attention... (its very well made visually and in all its mechanics), why CO is stuck in the mud :confused:

    Im hoping now that this is happening CO gets the attention it was taken from it to do NW and make it the great game it has the potential to be! :rolleyes:

    PS: "Oh and don't mention in the forums of NW that is a 4th edition game... the forum community Zealots that run it, will flip out and tell you NW is its own edition... and close or erase your post if you persist on the 4th edition stuff... like vampires a class... no,no,no they say; its a disease/race even if the 4th edition says its a class... and that NW is moving forward to the other editions, etc... don't ask me why moderators are controlling and making opinions of that matter since the game is base on 4th or its if its its own version as they say..." :eek:

    CO is left in the mud because Cryptic owns the IP. They do not own Star Trek or Neverwinter. So they have to put more money in it and make it as successful as possible to keep the IP.

    Old crafting system...everything I liked about it can be bought for Drifter Salvage and I actually do like the fusion system. I like collecting all of the ranks and making equipment for my friends.
    #Mechanon!(completed) #New Zones! #Foundry!
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,439 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I don't know about you guys, but I like my permanent Sniper Rifle device with knock back that I crafted in ARMS. I like my CTP that cost no travel power or advancement points. I liked the globals I was selling rare components for to others that I didn't need. I like going to specific locations through the whole game to have to farm said components.
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 4,102 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I farm and sell stuff now, so that part isn't so different. I don't use many devices, so indifferent to that. The only thing that they could bring back from the old system that would be of interest to me would be the travel powers and things that unlock costume pieces.
    I don't know about you guys, but I like my permanent Sniper Rifle device with knock back that I crafted in ARMS. I like my CTP that cost no travel power or advancement points. I liked the globals I was selling rare components for to others that I didn't need. I like going to specific locations through the whole game to have to farm said components.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • gemini2099gemini2099 Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    More open zone variety for level capped players I will be happy.

    I would love to see tip missions expanded to level cap players. :biggrin: That would be awesome for replay value!
    Gemini - Lvl 4x - Soldier
    Omicron - Lvl 4x - Mind
    Emerald Myst - Lvl 2x - Claws/Fighting Hybrid
    Epsilon - Lvl 2x - Blade
    Asterius - Lvl 1x - Electric/Void Hybrid

  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,439 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    They tried the featured content thing that granted bonus questionite for completing, but they just stopped doing it.

    But yes, Open Missions could get their rare rewards back and add a daily to them for a small chunk of questionite. There isn't enough places in the game to farm the stuff so players not at max level can't reach the daily until they do.
  • gaelyn1gaelyn1 Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    New system is utter rubbish and it was forced only to test things for Neverplay Onfail.

    Lol, after i read every messages of this thread, i really find it funny.

    1) All these people who spits on every other people who don't expect anything good or bigger than an alert for this game (with reason guys, there is almost no people on this game anymore vs any other mmos on the market, not enough players, no money to invest on some big projects) and says them they are haters, trolls, doomsayers, etc... (i tell them realistic people).

    2) All these people who spits on DCUO, MH2015, Neverwinter or every other game.
    Hey mens, Wake up. As Jon Sills said, CO is on steam ! But You will never see CO in the top 100 most played games. The 100th game have a 1300 players peak.
    Co have a ridiculous number of players, less than 1300-1400. It isn't in the top 100 and i'd never seen him into this list since so many years. (probably a 500 players's peak max)
    Neverwinter have a 6000 Players's peak. It is in the top of the 100 most played games every day on steam.
    MH have a 3500 player's peak. It is in the top of the 100 most played games every day on steam.
    Who's fail ? Co or others ?
    Why ? Because they have enough players to give money, to create new playable content to retain their players. Not only fluff like costumes sets, AFs, and some other useless things for the very little playerbase this game have. Players won't never come back with these crappy and useless content (costumes, vehicules), you know.

    3) I see the same ghosts here since 2009 (Ashen) or some new players of the second release (jon sills). And some people who only ask: will there is new costume sets or AF ? People who ask for "will there is new missions, new maps, new playable content" are very few.
    It seems nothing have changed since 2009...
    Continue to ask for costumes only, and in some years, you could ask at the next team if they have anything planned and will hope for a better future with the new team, again.

    4) If you want this game go out of the maintenance mode, you need some players come back. And costumes isn't the key of this come back. All the players who likes playing almost in the same anorexic playable content since 4 years or playing with their Barbie dolls in the tailor room are already in this game. Don't hope for more.

    This community killed this game and continue to burry it, year after year. Terrible.
    (I know someone will write my English is bad, because i've already read it on this forum from this awesome community. I hope you can read what i said in a bad form of your language as i can read you in a language who isn't mine. Because with mine, probably you won't understand anything, using Google translate or not, lol)
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    gaelyn1 wrote: »
    Lol, after i read every messages of this thread, i really find it funny.

    1) All these people who spits on every other people who don't expect anything good or bigger than an alert for this game (with reason guys, there is almost no people on this game anymore vs any other mmos on the market, not enough players, no money to invest on some big projects) and says them they are haters, trolls, doomsayers, etc... (i tell them realistic people).

    2) All these people who spits on DCUO, MH2015, Neverwinter or every other game.
    Hey mens, Wake up. As Jon Sills said, CO is on steam ! But You will never see CO in the top 100 most played games. The 100th game have a 1300 players peak.
    Co have a ridiculous number of players, less than 1300-1400. It isn't in the top 100 (probably a 500 players"s peak max).
    Neverwinter have a 6000 Players's peak. It is in the top of the 100 most played games every day on steam.
    MH have a 3500 player's peak. It is in the top of the 100 most played games every day on steam.
    Who's fail ? Co or others ?
    Why ? Because they have enough players to give money, to create new playable content to retain their players. Not only fluff like costumes sets, AFs, and some other useless things for the very little playerbase this game have. Players won't never come back with these crappy and useless content (costumes, vehicules), you know.

    3) I see the same ghosts here since 2009 (Ashen) or some new players of the second release (jon sills). And some people who only ask: will there is new costume sets or AF ? People who ask for "will there is new missions, new maps, new playable content" are very few.
    It seems nothing have changed since 2009...
    Continue to ask for costumes only, and in some years, you could ask at the next team if they have anything planned and will hope for a better future with the new team, again.

    4) If you want this game go out of the maintenance mode, you need some players come back. And costumes isn't the key of this come back. All the players who likes playing almost in the same anorexic playable content since 4 years or playing with their Barbie dolls in the tailor room are already in this game. Don't hope for more.

    This community killed this game and continue to burry it, year after year. Terrible.
    (I know someone will write my English is bad, because i've already seen it on this forum, I hope you can read what i said in a bad form of your language as i can read you in a language who isn't mine. Because with mine, probably you won't understand anything with Google translate, lol)

    your english is no worse than other peoples here. Congratulations on being able to write in more than one language.


    to get what the other games have, we need more people working on it, more advertising.
    STO was advertised on the back of the box set of CO.

    And has been repeatedly pointed out, Cryptic doesn't have to worry about this game. They own the IP, so no-one can take it away.
    NW & STO get regular APPROVED updates or they lose the IP.
    Also the other games are big name ones which come with a lot of free advertising.

    You notice in the post about the Person coming to work on CO, there's an ad for Neverwinter.

    I've been playing 4 years now and when I started we were just at the end of getting the Comic series and new AT's, then 2 years of nothing. Which was while they were trying to get NW ready.
    That's also about the time, the UNTIL feild reports stopped.
    Then we got CN and started getting things. Now CN has been moved to NW and we don't know who we have except the one person listed.

    Unless it's changed recently CO on Steam is listed under Atari not PWE and it's not easy to locate by name either.
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
Sign In or Register to comment.