test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Champions Online Returning to Cryptic Studios in Los Gatos, California

Comments

• sistersiliconsistersilicon Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    bwdares wrote: »
    Can we at least get the extra rooms unlocked? It is ridiculous that we can see them there and not use them.

For what? IIRC, those rooms were originally reserved for old-style crafting tables and a personal Powerhouse. We don't need either one now that we have a socket-and-gem "crafting" system and can manage powers from anywhere. Unless somebody can propose a concrete* plan for repurposing those rooms, finishing them would just take up precious development time better spent on more essential content.

*: I understand that it would be nice to add "flavor" or open up RP options, but if you asked 15 players what they wanted to do with those rooms, you might get 15 different answers per alt.
    Choose your enemies carefully, because they will define you / Make them interesting, because in some ways they will mind you
    They're not there in the beginning, but when your story ends / Gonna last with you longer than your friends
  • ravynfallenstarravynfallenstar Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I just have a few comments and questions (i'll keep my opinion of the switch back to the ole cryptic studios to myself).

First off, NEW SOLO CONTENT!! I cannot say this enough... though the space station is cool, the only decent mission is a team effort but without a SG to help with, you can rarely find anyone (much less anyone that can survive it) to help out

Secondly, will we ever get a new emblems pack? i don't really count the Cstore emblems, remotely decent. I mean how hard can it be to scribble designs?! From a player who's been here since close to the beginning, will we ever get a spider emblem?

And lastly, BUG FIXES & CHAT MODS!!!

That is all (good luck Cryptic!)

Your overly critical Star Spangled Spider ;)
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,315 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    There's an emblem that I think is supposed to look like some sort of tribal thing, all jaggedy and such; the Arachnid wears it as a "spider" symbol on his Web tights.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    For what?
    I'd be fine with 'the door opens and you can go inside', at least for the extra rooms on the moon base (are there equivalent spaces in any of the other hideouts? At a minimum, they aren't as obvious, though there's some doors in the penthouse that don't open).

There is, however, a chance that there's unfinished cruft in some of those rooms; Tumerboy was fond of leaving unused objects in a hidden area, which is why there used to be an astronaut on top of the dome in the moon base (this is before you could 'legitimately' get out there).
  • ravancheravanche Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    jeniferann wrote: »
    does this mean we can someday have an option to have villians to play as againts heroes that would be a good concept.

They tried to do a villain faction post-release with City of Heroes. Having talked to several of the guys at Paragon Studios, it was a terrible failure, as in it nearly sank the game. People played it for a brief time, then went back to the faction that had had more development resources poured into it for content. The villain side was a barren wasteland for players until they made it where you could move villains over to the other side to do that content... and that's what people did.

If it had been done at release, such as what DCUO did, that might be different, but adding a whole new opposing player faction post-release, especially with the massive PvP imbalances extant in this game, would be a recipe for financial disaster based on past experience.
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    cyrone wrote: »
    I would still like to see some of your costume design suggestions get implemented. :biggrin:

So much this! I would LOVE and throw ALL my money to get Spordelia's suggestions in game, since they are wonderful! :biggrin:

Question for Trailturtle (provided you are still answering/around here):

Are there any plans, solid plans that is, to address the numerous power related bugs that have existed in game for a very long time (PFF for example)?

How likely is it that we will be seeing mini-power sets (previous ones - reviewed in some instances) and future mini-sets added to the game?

Do you know of any promising plans (that you can speak about) for future content?

Also how closely do you think the UNTIL reports will be followed in terms of what is coming up?

Thank you in advance.
    edited April 2015
    bwdares wrote: »
    Can we at least get the extra rooms unlocked? It is ridiculous that we can see them there and not use them.

I'm sure we will be able to use Cosmic Keys to unlock these extra rooms :wink:
  • sistersiliconsistersilicon Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I'd be fine with 'the door opens and you can go inside', at least for the extra rooms on the moon base (are there equivalent spaces in any of the other hideouts? At a minimum, they aren't as obvious, though there's some doors in the penthouse that don't open).

If I've read TT's past statements on hideouts correctly, simply adding the door triggers to the script won't be enough to make the extra rooms work. It depends on the state each room of each hideout was in when Tacofangs left for STO. Moon Base and Penthouse were pretty well defined, IIRC, but I'm not so sure about Sanctum, Cave, or Basement. And since hideouts are sold in Z-Store, it wouldn't be fair to have the extra rooms behave inconsistently without changing prices (and possibly giving refunds) to compensate.
    Choose your enemies carefully, because they will define you / Make them interesting, because in some ways they will mind you
    They're not there in the beginning, but when your story ends / Gonna last with you longer than your friends
  • trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
    edited April 2015
    [Various questions about specific content]

Also how closely do you think the UNTIL reports will be followed in terms of what is coming up?

-We're not ready to start talking future plans yet, at least not in detail.

-I would be surprised if it matches the old UNTIL reports. So much has changed since those were updated, and Randy has his own vision of CO. If pieces are used from the reports, it'll be because they were good ideas, not because they were in the reports.

One quick thing that I wanted to bring up: The communication plan on previewing/announcing things is going to be very similar to how CNorth handled it, we're all in agreement that we don't want to accidentally promise something and then find out that we can't deliver. For instance, a new costume will still be previewed when it goes on PTS at earliest.

If I've read TT's past statements on hideouts correctly, simply adding the door triggers to the script won't be enough to make the extra rooms work. It depends on the state each room of each hideout was in when Tacofangs left for STO. Moon Base and Penthouse were pretty well defined, IIRC, but I'm not so sure about Sanctum, Cave, or Basement. And since hideouts are sold in Z-Store, it wouldn't be fair to have the extra rooms behave inconsistently without changing prices (and possibly giving refunds) to compensate.

Pretty much. The rooms aren't ready for prime time, is what it boils down to.
  • bwdaresbwdares Posts: 1,517 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    For what? IIRC, those rooms were originally reserved for old-style crafting tables and a personal Powerhouse. We don't need either one now that we have a socket-and-gem "crafting" system and can manage powers from anywhere. Unless somebody can propose a concrete* plan for repurposing those rooms, finishing them would just take up precious development time better spent on more essential content.

*: I understand that it would be nice to add "flavor" or open up RP options, but if you asked 15 players what they wanted to do with those rooms, you might get 15 different answers per alt.

Just having them to walk around in would be fine for me. Course I am a big RPer. So I dont really need them to have any added functions. just being able to get into them is enough for me.
    #Mechanon!(completed) #New Zones! #Foundry!
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I want the power replacer back but I don't want them back as gear. Incorporate them into the aura system.

For instance, fire aura. If you have a gun then it's a flame thrower (which we have animations for)
    If you have a sword then the sword is engulfed in flames

I think it would be perfect. The gear was flawed and how it changes only select weapons (also changes the skin) is a horrible system.

I totally agree with this. I'm all for it.

Also, please give us a re-skin of the cape glide TP without the cape...

screenshot_2015-03-24-13-15-40.jpg

i
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
    edited April 2015
    I want the power replacer back but I don't want them back as gear. Incorporate them into the aura system.
    That's making some pretty substantial assumptions about how the aura system works. As it's always been explained, power fx (including animations, audio, and visible effects) are tied to specific powers, whereas auras are tied to the body (if you check, you'll notice that auras don't even cover weapons; this is easiest to see with the stealth aura, as you wind up looking like guns floating in midair).

Given the apparent technical limits, I'd be okay with just creating a new power set to contain some of these things. For example, there are enough Qularr powers (including PRs and items) to make a not-pathetic 'alien' power set.

One cheat that might work for some types of things (like explosive bullets) would be ammunition toggles that proc effects on the targets of powers -- think Sonic Device, for example. That won't help where the appearance of the projectile path is supposed to be different, but it does cover at least some weapons.
  • amyjiaamyjia Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Question for trailturtle:

Are there any plans to update or do any bug fixes concerning the Hero Games in the near future? :redface:
  • quasimojo1quasimojo1 Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Pick me, pick me... here's my one and only question for TT:

How does this change affect the overall staffing level for CO development?

Thanks for your consideration.
    LTS since 2009. Author of ACT parser module for CO. Founder of Rampagers. Resident curmudgeon.

"Without data, you're just another person with an opinion." -- W. Edwards Deming
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    That's making some pretty substantial assumptions about how the aura system works. As it's always been explained, power fx (including animations, audio, and visible effects) are tied to specific powers, whereas auras are tied to the body (if you check, you'll notice that auras don't even cover weapons; this is easiest to see with the stealth aura, as you wind up looking like guns floating in midair).

So how do power replacers work?

I never admitted to knowing every aspect on how the auras work in game. I said they should be added to auras, it seems simple to me that if the Power Replacer gear can give FX on powers (that are in game) then a new spot instead of in the gear slot should be just as easy. I am not even asking for new stuff, just a new way to use it.

I pretty much want a new tab in the aura section devoted to weapons. Just take the current power replacers and whatever mechanics that currently make weapons have auras and change locations. If that isn't possibld then so be it.
    edited April 2015

I never admitted to knowing every aspect on how the auras work in game. I said they should be added to auras, it seems simple to me that if the Power Replacer gear can give FX on powers (that are in game) then a new spot instead of in the gear slot should be just as easy. I am not even asking for new stuff, just a new way to use it.

I pretty much want a new tab in the aura section devoted to weapons. Just take the current power replacers and whatever mechanics that currently make weapons have auras and change locations. If that isn't possibld then so be it.

I do not know how the work either, but they could re imagine them to work like the Foxbat foam finger. Use the invisible weapon skin, then an aura that works like the foam finger but is a fire sword?

Though I guess that might not work for every type of weapon easily. cause you would have to make a skin for each type...dang it never mind.
    edited April 2015
    Currently? They replace certain of your powers with completely different powers, it's not adding fx to existing powers.

Well, except the proc based ones, but those aren't the ones most people find interesting anyway.
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,583 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    That's making some pretty substantial assumptions about how the aura system works.

The interesting thing is, that's what the original purpose of the aura system was for. Before they were finalized and visible online, you could put certain gear into those slots! It was for the longest time intended for power replacers to work that way but the code was abandoned to rush On Alert out the door.

Cryptic North only picked it up seeing it was workable in CO's current state. Players had to let the devs know that the power replacers existed. The problem was the devs didn't listen until it was too late and the aura system became what it is now. But there is still a chance that they can still be incorporated now that its on their radar.
    Randy has his own vision of CO.

Can the head of the team's vision for once be in line with what the players want since they have shown more investment into the game?
  • itsbrou#5396 itsbrou Posts: 1,777 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    On hideout rooms: My best efforts to understand how they do it is that all objects that could possibly exist in that hideout are on that map, including variant hideouts' parts. A set of interior options variables tell the game server what combination of props will be both visible and have collision at any point in time per character.
    Then time has to go into hooking up those options to the UI so players can click through them on a list. This data gets stored directly on our character, of course.

screenshot_2014-08-10-23-45-03_zpsd046a0af.jpg

As you can see from the picture, no such work has been done. I would argue that the door could be deleted and a static set of props for all hideout owners could be put there.
    Brou in Cryptic games.
  • deathsentry2012deathsentry2012 Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Will we ever get any new content? (not lockboxes)
    notyuu wrote: »
    Honestly...why is it that whenever the devs working on CO start to get a handle on the messed up code and weird engine that they get shipped off to either STO or NW leaving CO to get a bunch of devs that have no knowledge of the games inner workings....it's equal parts annoying and depressing
  • canadascottcanadascott Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Will we ever get any new content? (not lockboxes)

Given past debates...

It depends on your definition of content. If you don't think Steel Crusade is large enough to qualify as content, then no. If
    you do, then probably.
    /CanadaBanner4.jpg
  • rianfrostrianfrost Posts: 578 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    one thing i'd hope is that they perhaps go with the idea of smaller, more focused zones. reasonably new mill city sized zones are not a likelihood, but smaller ones that maybe work for a 5 or so level range. that might me more realistic. this game has some nice tilesets that dont seem to get a lot of use, particularly the hi-pan alert area, a small zone that advances some of the lore without overreaching, that would cover me for zones, and witht he hints at some space content being a new direction, small alien zones representing specific threats on sepcific planets would be great...but still need a plant set.
  • nextnametakennextnametaken Posts: 2,212 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Oh This is my chance to stick my nose in and say we need a real green screen ROOM that we can do some combat and make movies with demo_record.

The green screen area in the powerhouse tailor doesn't allow combat.

ideally I could just hide the terrain in any demo and set the background color in the demo_editor to the necessary color. That'd be just swell, thanks.
    edited April 2015
    They don't even have to make brand new zones but reuse areas in the game and fill it with content. Queen City being the prime example. If they went along that route for content development every 4 months that would be more than satisfactory.
  • vazkrovazkro Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    having hopes for this, I might just be in denial but I still can't accept the game completely dying on us. If this can blow some new life in the game then I am all up for it.
  • ngeluzngeluz Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    So um, trailturtle Sir,

Do you think we be seeing more of the cool variant Device Powers in our own Power Tables to select from?

I know, I know most powers are just visually change, but some are very unique like the "mechanic" of the "Become Vampire" changing into Bloodgorger, I mean thats pretty sweet! Maybe be added as a form or something in dose lines...

Well you get the idea... just keeping my hopes up for more customization options! :biggrin:

PS: I love how you communicate as a Community Manager some of your coworkers in NW should learn from you, thank you for doing such an awesome job, it feels so refreshing after my bad experience over in that other game's forums. :confused:
  • nextnametakennextnametaken Posts: 2,212 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Come to think of it... Maybe that'd be a good training exercise for whoever's going to make future AFs. "Here, get trained up, and make this thing while you're at it." :biggrin: I'll bring it up.

How about you don't waste anyone's time on action figures, they are the most useless 'feature' of this game, and the amount of dev time wasted on them over the last five years could have been spent on a cool sidekick system instead.

Outside of Kitty Pride I can't recall a super hero character with a stupid action figure following them around, and Lockheed was a sidekick, not a useless decoration.
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    How about you don't waste anyone's time on action figures, they are the most useless 'feature' of this game, and the amount of dev time wasted on them over the last five years could have been spent on a cool sidekick system instead.

Outside of Kitty Pride I can't recall a super hero character with a stupid action figure following them around, and Lockheed was a sidekick, not a useless decoration.

Even though I want a sidekick system...

People do want AFs
    Have asked for AFs (particularly of ourselves)
    And some of us are owed AFs.

And from my understanding and speculation from TT, don't take much effort to do (compared to a sidekick system)
  • ahordeofkittensahordeofkittens Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Any chance the old epic drops could re added? I'm talking about the lemurian amulet of the predator, gadroon mercenary contract, and the summon pirates to name but a few.

Seeing as cryptic support wont replace the original ones i had that mysteriously vanished from my account one day after a patch and Trailturtle completely ignored my pm to him about the whole situation, i'd like a chance at being able to get these again.
  • rainshadow2rainshadow2 Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    They don't even have to make brand new zones but reuse areas in the game and fill it with content. Queen City being the prime example. If they went along that route for content development every 4 months that would be more than satisfactory.

Hey crypticbuxom hit the nail totally on the head! Albeit I would love a truly expansive Moon, Space and/or true Air SkyCommand (HeliCarrier overhead so those of us who can fly can just Fly up to it .. AWESOME!!) type Zone, but short of that. Truthfully if you guys would expand the borders and/or areas of the Zones that you already have you guys would actually rock.

You have so many interesting areas but they are so limited in size in comparison to the powers in the Genre we are playing that it hardly seems adequate. Any Zone with Rank 3 Flight takes no more than 5 or 10 min to Fly across thats CRAP ..EXPAND the Zone sizes! Lol ..I so Love Flight in this Game I often find myself just Flying ..but larger areas please!

Also take the time to Flesh out some of the Building Interiors! Heck it can make for interesting play just to be able to Explore Underground open areas as well as Building open areas ..Hell are any of you DEVs from NY?? Lol ..you know dang well Exploring the full Interiors of our Concrete Jungle are a full Adventure Pack all on their own ..let alone the Characters you Encounter along the way!!!
    edited April 2015
    Hey crypticbuxom hit the nail totally on the head! Albeit I would love a truly expansive Moon, Space and/or true Air SkyCommand (HeliCarrier overhead so those of us who can fly can just Fly up to it .. AWESOME!!) type Zone, but short of that. Truthfully if you guys would expand the borders and/or areas of the Zones that you already have you guys would actually rock.

You have so many interesting areas but they are so limited in size in comparison to the powers in the Genre we are playing that it hardly seems adequate. Any Zone with Rank 3 Flight takes no more than 5 or 10 min to Fly across thats CRAP ..EXPAND the Zone sizes! Lol ..I so Love Flight in this Game I often find myself just Flying ..but larger areas please!

Also take the time to Flesh out some of the Building Interiors! Heck it can make for interesting play just to be able to Explore Underground open areas as well as Building open areas ..Hell are any of you DEVs from NY?? Lol ..you know dang well Exploring the full Interiors of our Concrete Jungle are a full Adventure Pack all on their own ..let alone the Characters you Encounter along the way!!!

Much of this has been suggested MANY times over the years.

MC, the desert and Canada are as big as they can get. Not sure what was said (if it ever was) about Lemuria and Monster Island, but they are not much smaller than MC.

I know I have stated that the Q-Realm from the Comic series or adventure pack (man it has been years since I even played that) would be a great zone to build off of and flush out. Hi-Pans I always thought would be amazing to ex span as well. But whenever we would bring such up, including in the "ask cryptics", it was always either ignored, or given the "Oh we might look into this" and then it dies.
    edited April 2015
    And from my understanding and speculation from TT, don't take much effort to do (compared to a sidekick system)

AFs are super easy, yeah. A new system requires the design be figured out, items be created, UI made, seriously QAed -- etc.
    edited April 2015
    I'd rather see a come back to all the ones we don't have access to anymore.
    edited April 2015

-I would be surprised if it matches the old UNTIL reports. So much has changed since those were updated, and Randy has his own vision of CO. If pieces are used from the reports, it'll be because they were good ideas, not because they were in the reports.

One quick thing that I wanted to bring up: The communication plan on previewing/announcing things is going to be very similar to how CNorth handled it, we're all in agreement that we don't want to accidentally promise something and then find out that we can't deliver. For instance, a new costume will still be previewed when it goes on PTS at earliest.

I see, thank you for replying. I am quite interested to see what will happen with Champions Online, hopefully CO will be able to manage having more content added to it like Steel Crusade & Fatal Err0r.

It would be incredibly nice to have a comic series like Whiteout, released in the same way that Aftershock was. IIRC we got a new issue every couple of weeks. Loved it. :smile:
    AFs are super easy, yeah. A new system requires the design be figured out, items be created, UI made, seriously QAed -- etc.

AFs are super easy? Does that mean we could be seeing this one day?

RIPPER!?

or

GRAVITAR!?

:biggrin:
  • cyronecyrone Posts: 1,028 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    AFs are super easy? Does that mean we could be seeing this one day?

RIPPER!?

or

GRAVITAR!?

:biggrin:

Custom AF's made from player characters maybe? :biggrin:
    download_zpsfcg5gnud.jpg
    "There is only one way to support a PFF tank: Send Cyrone lots of money weekly... because he's the only one to successfully be a true PFF Tank." - chuckwolf
    edited April 2015
    Ripper AF is already in game.
    edited April 2015
    Ripper AF is already in game.

Oh, I did not know that...Still I want one that dances! :tongue:

Yesssss, but I could also see the selection process for that being a possible issue...cause you know...:wink:

Unless it was a crafting mission chain that at the end allowed us to generate our own AF using in game costume pieces that we had access too...but I guess that means people could use other people's characters and turn them into AFs...imagine how many people would run around with Caliga lol.

Still I like the idea of Custom AF's, but there'd have to be a suitable way to implement them...hmm...maybe the same crafting mission idea but you visit a special tailor where you load your costume onto an AF...or something...
    edited April 2015
    Oh, I did not know that...
    It's one of those 'giant PITA to farm' items; it drops from I think Aftershock 3.
    edited April 2015
    It's one of those 'giant PITA to farm' items; it drops from I think Aftershock 3.

Ah I see, thanks :smile:

I tend to avoid VIPER but I guess now I have a reason to chase after them
    edited April 2015

I've definitely asked about that in the past, but unfortunately, it sounded like it wasn't feasible. It's possible that someone else would come up with a way, but my guess is that any way to do it would end up looking bad. AFs have a pretty templatized way to make them, but you usually have to do some tweaking of the dimensions to get them to look good. (That's my vague understanding, anyways.)

EDIT: If you mean making AFs of a few people in the community, though, that's definitely possible. We'd want to be very careful with that because it could easily be construed as favoritism, but from a technical standpoint it wouldn't be any harder than any other AF.
  • sanguinevipersanguineviper Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I've definitely asked about that in the past, but unfortunately, it sounded like it wasn't feasible. It's possible that someone else would come up with a way, but my guess is that any way to do it would end up looking bad. AFs have a pretty templatized way to make them, but you usually have to do some tweaking of the dimensions to get them to look good. (That's my vague understanding, anyways.)

EDIT: If you mean making AFs of a few people in the community, though, that's definitely possible. We'd want to be very careful with that because it could easily be construed as favoritism, but from a technical standpoint it wouldn't be any harder than any other AF.

Gentle Mancrush made one of my Pink for his long forgotten action mini figure pvp that was on PTS a few times. I'd won an impromptu contest to come up with a silly rhyme for the munitions figure's description.

:3

Snark never dies.
  • serpinecohserpinecoh Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    EDIT: If you mean making AFs of a few people in the community, though, that's definitely possible. We'd want to be very careful with that because it could easily be construed as favoritism,
    Yeah, there would probably have to be an open process of nominations and votes to try to make it feel "objective". And you'd have to verify the people to be melted down into figures would be willing to be duplicated of course...
  • cyronecyrone Posts: 1,028 Arc User
    edited April 2015

I would be willing to pay a fair amount to be granted a personalized AF that comes with a device to share my AF with others.
    download_zpsfcg5gnud.jpg
    "There is only one way to support a PFF tank: Send Cyrone lots of money weekly... because he's the only one to successfully be a true PFF Tank." - chuckwolf
    edited April 2015
    I would be willing to pay a fair amount to be granted a personalized AF that comes with a device to share my AF with others.

+1

So much this.
    edited April 2015

Are there any plans to update or do any bug fixes concerning the Hero Games in the near future? :redface:
    edited April 2015
    amyjia wrote: »

I think his response will be something similar to what he gave me, since it seems to be all inclusive:
  • meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited April 2015
    The green screen area in the powerhouse tailor doesn't allow combat.
    It also lacks tailor neutral lightning and environment which makes all metallic costumes looking very, very bright...
  • itsbrou#5396 itsbrou Posts: 1,777 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    change your map to maps/system/Empty.zone

It isn't a perfect solution, but at least there isn't lighting or any other effect in there.
    Brou in Cryptic games.
    edited April 2015
    I think his response will be something similar to what he gave me, since it seems to be all inclusive:

I have an idea of what his response/ lack of response would be as well,but just because you expect a certain outcome doesn't mean that you shouldn't still do the test. Just because you expect a certain answer does not mean you should avoid asking the question. You never know, you may be surprised by the outcome whether it is what you want it to be or not.

I asked a general question regarding the hero games. A part of this game that is available and playable from Level 5 all the way to Level 40, but has a bug that will remove people from team matches. This is a big reason why people avoid queuing because many just get removed from the match anyway.

Also loss of incentive. The best gear used to be bought with acclaim which you get from the hero games, however now the gear and even questionite rewards are locked into Rampages. Though the Rampages are well done, many people still stop doing most of them after they are geared (except maybe for Gravitar.) which is a reason why even the rampage queues can be difficult to pop. If there was no "remove bug" in the team hero games and those incentives were removed from Rampages, I really wonder which of the two would pop more.

There are people standing around in Ren Center a lot of the time dueling just for the fun of it. While many people abandon Rampages after they are geared, many people gear themselves so they can play the hero games and in general PvP better.

Anyways, I digress. Back to the quote by TrailTurtle:

-We're not ready to start talking future plans yet,at least not in detail

Again, I am asking a general question regarding the Hero Games. I have not asked specifically what plans are, but just if there are any plans at all in the near future for them.

Quite a few other concerns have been addressed, so no harm in at least asking the question no matter the response/lack of response. Also just to let you and anyone else know, if I do not get a response, I will probably ask again. :redface:
  • draogndraogn Posts: 1,269 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I wonder how the game would be had the dev team remained stable and the game not treated as a hot potato.

Any chance that we can get more costume options with tattoos (Or for the tattoos/tiger stripes/serpent scales/ect already in game)?