test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Champions Online Returning to Cryptic Studios in Los Gatos, California

Comments

• thelastsonofzodthelastsonofzod Posts: 658 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Variable Robot is very exciting to hear about, but I'm more interested in the mentioned content update, and by extension just where CO is going to fall in the priority list. Can we expect to see new powers being developed? Expansions? Archetypes? Or is this going to be like after Vibora Bay, when champions went into hibernation mode for two years?

How about staffing? Is Champions going to have a dedicated team, or are we still borrowing resources from STO and NW?
  • melphyxmelphyx Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    well, i creating new costume is good, but player need new mission.

• Adventure Pack of Cybermind.
    • Grouping some socrates mission to create a master piece.
    • A battle-event with Defender (and all players) vs Shadow Destroyer (and minions) in rencenter amphitheater.

Granted it's not easy and I appreciate your efforts to do so.

I love CO to death, and ignore the haters and doomsayers shouting "CO is dead!" most of the time... but this move has me -very- worried. I was playing when CO was still with Cryptic studios, and I can tell you it was my -worst- time with the game. It got to a point where a year had gone by, maybe more, without a -single- new costume set released, or new costume unlocks added, and... some of the old ones still broken. It was driving me nuts, and I was on the verge of leaving CO behind, until the change came, and costume sets/items became a monthly thing. I'v never been happier. Yes I wish something bigger would come around too, but the costuming is the #1 pull for me.

Please dont stop the monthly gold member rewards and lockbox costume sets...
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Shadow Destroyer
    Is Old News.
    Real Doctor Destroyer is back.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • lilsteffielilsteffie Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I'm really excited to see my set finally being made, also really surprised you guys decided to make the Variable robot set. Looking forward to them.:smile:
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Handle:@XG3NX

Champions Online.. where we sell lockboxes by the dozen.
  • thelastsonofzodthelastsonofzod Posts: 658 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    bazodee wrote: »
    Well, before reading the other responses of persons with more experience under the original team, I want to say it sounds exciting and I can't wait to see what's planned. Keep us informed! Really, that's important.

Hopefully, it will get CO out of its limbo existence and do more than just "chugging along".

Now off to read other posts and bring myself back to reality somewhat.
    lilsteffie wrote: »
    I'm really excited to see my set finally being made, also really surprised you guys decided to make the Variable robot set. Looking forward to them.:smile:

Could you repost this set? Had issues trying to dig it up. Loved the design.
  • lilsteffielilsteffie Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Could you repost this set? Had issues trying to dig it up. Loved the design.

Sure thing, in comparision to now, my drawing skill has improved a little bit.. so maybe if i redrew it this time around, it would be better hah. Anyway here you go.

newlineart.jpg
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Handle:@XG3NX

Champions Online.. where we sell lockboxes by the dozen.
  • ngeluzngeluz Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    OMMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Welcome BACK Randy “Arkayne” Mosiondz!!!! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Let me say I'm such a huge fan of CoH and CO IM sooooooo happy your back!!! OMG now we gonna see really awesome stuff!!!!! Been following up on you guys (Cryptic Studios as a whole) for some time!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH! I'm so exited finally Cryptic team will be united!! I cant wait to see what come out you guys ARE THE BOMB!!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!! I'm soooo happy I could burst!!! Seeing all the unique work you have done over the years as a team, from CoH, Neverwinter etc...

I know CO will turn for the better, I always belive CO has sooo much untap potential, NO GAME out there offers you the FREEDOM to create the PERFECT Avatar of your favorite heroes, animes, villains, (well the list can go on...) to run off and fight all forms of opponents, from the simple city crime lords to immensely powerful primal cosmic being in almost equal footing!! Well you get the idea....now thats this is happening Im sure this game is going to be on top out there!

Soooorry, Sorry got carried away... :tongue:

Anyway, Welcome back! :biggrin:

0z
  • beleaua78beleaua78 Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I am personally positive that this will be a change for the better.Although Cryptic North has been doing relatively good,all this Fatal Error and Mechanon stuff to me is just a bunch of 8-9 missions in total that don't really offer much.But it is nice regardless.I believe the original devs will fix coding bugs that CN was unable to like...the sudden chair selecting bug or the nemesis actually showing a description or the resistance console bug...I keep hoping -.- don't crush my dreams.I think the person who had the idea of designing CO the way it was when it launched will be able to improve it best. Welcome back person I never actually knew about and thank you CN for keeping my favourit game ever from going down.

Also bring back Therakiel's Blade and the other drops that vanished for some reason -_-'
  • neuraldamageneuraldamage Posts: 590 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    crosschan wrote: »
    Although, I would not be opposed to CO getting it's own systems like the STO ones

Cat AF, I couldn't care less. But I would love to see the STO DOFF system ported to CO.

Puh-leeze let me send my own junior superheroes out to fight crime.

People are broken. - Lum the Mad
  • rianfrostrianfrost Posts: 578 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    ok well, arkayn, i vaguely remember that name, dont recall him being that active on the coh forums but seeing an old coher here is nice. that said, i dnno, i dont think we ever were angry at the devs for the lack of content, that is the budget that determines what they can do, and that still is pwi and crypic that are at fault for that. so I don't see how exactly that would change unless they finally decide to start supporting developers.

I actually liked cn, they were kind of scrappy and doing their best with nothing. and they really did try, we got costumes after a multi-year drought, even got some nice ones like the holo spider legs. and we did get some perm content so they did the best they had. and i thank them.

as for cryptic or pwi i'd say this is your last chance, but we all know we will keep doing this dance till they finally shut the game down. so lets see now, a plant power-set and a smaller zone, no need to make a mill city sized zone, thats not even a great use of resources. those are what i want, but you have done NOTHING in 4 years to engender any sort of faith. so lets roll with it, heres is your fourth chance, you have failed to do this 3 times, but what the hell, lets see if you will properly support this group, fourth time's a charm, right? I want to like this game, deserve it.
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,315 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Cat AF, I couldn't care less. But I would love to see the STO DOFF system ported to CO.

Puh-leeze let me send my own junior superheroes out to fight crime.
    And now I'll plump once again for my own concept for this, Contacts - people in the community (cops, reporters, homeless, gang members) who funnel information to the hero in the form of minor XP gains and maybe some trivial amount of Q.

I don't think we have to worry about the issues surrounding Delta Rising - while we do have our min/maxers here, they don't dominate the conversation the way they do in STO. Here, they tend to be more concerned with balancing the powers to avoid FotM Syndrome, rather than making content more "difficult". (Bad part is, in the DR patrol missions, they did make things harder, by giving the AI more options during a fight - which started the same people complaining that it had been made too hard. Not sure why, even my T5 Odyssey prototype can clear them, albeit with a few warp-core breaches under my belt... Here, though, we like it when the AI gets innovative. "Fire and Ice" is popular for a reason.)

On a side note, when TT popped into chat after posting about this, he (in his excitement) mistyped our new friend's name as "Arksyne". This, of course, caused me to erupt in geometry puns...
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • thatguymatikzthatguymatikz Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I'm not sure how I feel about being shuffled around again. I guess I'll take the stance of cautiously optimistic.
  • xrazamaxxrazamax Posts: 979 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I know that the community is always skeptical when getting devs shuffled around, but I think this is the best case scenario as far as who to get shuffled around to.

CNorth did great QoL changes (and lets not forget Mechanon!). Hopefully Cryptic Studios does some some great content additions as well as some power tweaks and balancing (Mission Designer and Loremaster experience...? new story arcs and missions please! :biggrin:) .
  • quasimojo1quasimojo1 Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    This is probably an overall reduction of headcount/resources devoted to CO that was needed to free up CN for other projects, which seems like it likely started a few months ago. But it might not be totally bad news, as the Los Gatos team seems to have more systems developers on hand; CN didn't seem to have much capacity for things new powers, systems, bug fixes, etc. So maybe we'll get less stuff, but some of that stuff will be more significant (IMHO) like powers.

BTW, how's this prediction for 2015 looking so far?

Plans for 2015:
    * Build a couple of low quality costume sets for the Z store. --> CHECK
    * Crank out a handful of lockboxes. --> CHECK
    * Avoid new powers, systems, or anything that depends on a longer term vision for the game. --> MAJOR CHECK
    * Use entry-level devs and/or experienced devs who split time on other "real" projects, so that most everything delivered seems half-assed. --> DEBATABLE, BUT NOT NOT A CHECK
    * Continue to scale down expectations by providing even less communication to players. --> CHECK (as far as communication about FUTURE plans)
    * Try to stay in the black by further reducing development costs. --> CHECK
    LTS since 2009. Author of ACT parser module for CO. Founder of Rampagers. Resident curmudgeon.

"Without data, you're just another person with an opinion." -- W. Edwards Deming
  • stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    ngeluz wrote: »
    OMMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Welcome BACK Randy “Arkayne” Mosiondz!!!! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Let me say I'm such a huge fan of CoH and CO IM sooooooo happy your back!!! OMG now we gonna see really awesome stuff!!!!! Been following up on you guys (Cryptic Studios as a whole) for some time!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH! I'm so exited finally Cryptic team will be united!! I cant wait to see what come out you guys ARE THE BOMB!!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!! I'm soooo happy I could burst!!! Seeing all the unique work you have done over the years as a team, from CoH, Neverwinter etc...

I know CO will turn for the better, I always belive CO has sooo much untap potential, NO GAME out there offers you the FREEDOM to create the PERFECT Avatar of your favorite heroes, animes, villains, (well the list can go on...) to run off and fight all forms of opponents, from the simple city crime lords to immensely powerful primal cosmic being in almost equal footing!! Well you get the idea....now thats this is happening Im sure this game is going to be on top out there!

Soooorry, Sorry got carried away... :tongue:

Anyway, Welcome back! :biggrin:

0z

This is the only thread worth reading outside of the OP. It's nice to see someone that isn't being a pro cynic all the time.
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
  • jeniferannjeniferann Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    does this mean we can someday have an option to have villians to play as againts heroes that would be a good concept.
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    No. It doesn't mean that....
    Or WallRunning.
    Or Black/White Hue Powers.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • orangeitisorangeitis Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I and the other developers here at Cryptic Studios are looking forward to creating great new things. We’ve already started work on some new costumes including the Variable Robot set and Steel Arachnid set from the earlier fan-submitted costume contest, and planning new content updates.
    Question: Is the set going to be just a normal costume that is merely RP-friendly with vehicles or will there be a special mechanic involved? Either is fine with me though. *shrug*

Also, more vehicles released to support the costume set...?
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Shame on Cryptic North for no pirate update ._.

Still Neverworks might get half way playable now as Cryptic North seems to be the bug killing guys, Neverworks has a lot of those so good luck to them, and thanks for making thing better here in CO ^__^

I am also beings a massive CoH fan girl ( without banging on about CoH every ten seconds U_U ) I am a bit happeh that Champions has went back to the original devs.
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    granitrite wrote: »
    will we finally see the additions to player housing?
    what of SG base's? and bug stomping.....land based vehicle ? or a travel power that's a motorcycle?
    ooooh i hope good things come out of this

see previous comment about how many people will now be working on CO?

everyone is assuming this means more people working on the game. I don't see anythign in that message to say that
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

edited April 2015
    We won't be getting any ground vehicles. I could link y'all once again to Tumer's old post on the topic - or you could just go stand in the park area just west of RenCen, and watch the cars coming up out of the tunnels and demonstrating how poorly the game engine works with changes in attitude and direction of automobiles. Then consider these are scripted NPC cars - and consider how poorly the engine would handle some of the shenanigans the players would get up to...

Short version is, for ground vehicles to work in STO, they'd have to rewrite a considerable chunk of the game engine. And that just ain't happening.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

• spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    cryneting wrote: »
    I'm assuming your one of them "haters", funny your Sig stands out..alot now, if I am correct

Gradii isn't even half as hated as he thinks. It's almost entirely in his head. You know how those things go...

----

For all those wondering: No, this doesn't mean that everything you requested over the years that wasn't possible is suddenly possible. This doesn't actually mean anything. Nothing is actually changing... because why would it?
  • malvoumalvou Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    If this means we will be getting zone/mission content.

I may come back. It's been a long time.
  • draogndraogn Posts: 1,269 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    So the never ending revolving door of developers for CO continues. It's like they are playing on big game of hot potato with the game. I'm surprised they haven't encountered any of those 'tech issues' while trying to pass the game around the company.
  • bwdaresbwdares Posts: 1,517 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    At first I was thinking this is bad. Because honestly I thought the product (what we got) was vastly better than the old devs gave us. CN was doing a much better job at giving us the thngs that "were not possible" from the old team.

But bright side is, maybe the OG devs can fix the code of the game and help us move forward. While I do not like the idea of being handed over again, at least it is too people who wont take as much time to adjust.

The only negative is that the game is still under PWE, they are the ones who run things and handcuff what the game gets.

For now I will see this as a good thing, until I am proven otherwise.
    #Mechanon!(completed) #New Zones! #Foundry!
  • ashensnowashensnow Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    CN impressed me. Hope that the old new guys can do the same.

Welcome to Champions Online Arkayne.

Hope you survive the experience.

gradii wrote: »
    We NEVER see this money re invested in CO, we see it siphoned off to all the other games to make THEM better.

Not true..

'Caine, miss you bud. Fly high.
  • deathsentry2012deathsentry2012 Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    notyuu wrote: »
    Honestly...why is it that whenever the devs working on CO start to get a handle on the messed up code and weird engine that they get shipped off to either STO or NW leaving CO to get a bunch of devs that have no knowledge of the games inner workings....it's equal parts annoying and depressing

I would agree.. I've been a paying member since the end of CoH...sigh.. I sure content doesn't just mean lockboxes and costume sets you have to pay for... so much potential in this game that is wasted
  • spordeliaspordelia Posts: 460 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Welcome back and good luck, Randy!
    Best wishes to all The Powers That Dev icon14.gif

Happy to hear about the Design A Costume contest winner sets!
    Congrats to @Meedacthunist and @Lilsteffie! :)

Cheers, to good things coming our way!!!
  • epeleskerepelesker Posts: 307 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    While Cryptic North's time with the game was a mixed bag, I really hope that it's sparked a momentum the mothership will continue with down in California-- good momentum, of course!
    ----
    Heroic Roleplayer @epelesker | PRIMUS Database Moderator | Brigade Advocate
  • druhindruhin Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    CNorth is good, trust me on that one.

Haha, Mr Funny Man.

Trust a guy, mentioning a studio that was created in order to improve CO, only to have that stuido ripped apart, and the development on CO stalled yet again.
    edited April 2015
    druhin wrote: »
    Haha, Mr Funny Man.

Trust a guy, mentioning a studio that was created in order to improve CO, only to have that stuido ripped apart, and the development on CO stalled yet again.

It wasn't created, it was bought to improve CO. Which it did. Plus it wasn't ripped apart, the team is still together they are just doing something else within Cryptic.

So no need to try and villify TT, especially because he has no reason to lie about the subject.
  • rainshadow2rainshadow2 Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Welcome back Randy!
    Should we assume with you back, The Powers That Dev will now be putting some True Effort in here at CO? I mean let's be Real for a Second ..you guys have no competition .. DCUO sux BTDT ..CO killed COH and nothing else in this Genre can touch CO even in its current passive state ..BUT GOD DEVS ..CO can be so much more ...with even just a little effort.

So with that said again Randy welcome back hope to see some better content in the Future. You guys have been doing us loyal GOLDs badly for a long time now. Design A Costume contest sets have been an Awesome move let's get more!!! But being that you're coming from NEVERWINTER .. I hope you're bringing the FOUNDRY with you ..so we can really set CO ON FIRE ...HOOAH!
  • itsbrou#5396 itsbrou Posts: 1,777 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I hope making Gravitar up to par with the rampages that followed it is a consideration now.
    Brou in Cryptic games.
  • cyronecyrone Posts: 1,028 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    spordelia wrote: »
    Welcome back and good luck, Randy!
    Best wishes to all The Powers That Dev icon14.gif

Happy to hear about the Design A Costume contest winner sets!
    Congrats to @Meedacthunist and @Lilsteffie! :)

Cheers, to good things coming our way!!!

I would still like to see some of your costume design suggestions get implemented. :biggrin:
    download_zpsfcg5gnud.jpg
    "There is only one way to support a PFF tank: Send Cyrone lots of money weekly... because he's the only one to successfully be a true PFF Tank." - chuckwolf
  • chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    It's happening!

Cynical thread is cynical. I vote "let's watch, wait, and see what they do". CN did some pretty good things, overall, and they got this response too. We don't know how this is gonna go until it does. The *one thing* we know for sure is these guys are experienced with our tool set.

FWIW? My vote is heavily on "Bring back the old replace unlocks". But yeah, kitten wouldn't suck either. Neither would giving the flaming ape back his flaming ape action figure.

I'm remembering why I'm not on the forums so much anymore. Seriously, y'all can be relentlessly negative at times. Except that person that squeed out a few pages back. Shine on you crazy diamond.
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
    edited April 2015
    For anyone worried about Cryptic North, go check the Careers tag on the Cryptic homepage. Openings for Seattle are Cryptic North. There are clues there as to what they're up to these days.

• corniviccornivic Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Awesome, at at least I think it is.
    I hope we starting see new Zones, and power sets, and new nemesis stuff, maybe some sidekicks? I mean sidekick that we can make and have fellow us like a pet. :P
  • ktealkteal Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Bases please. Not the desert of customisation the current "housing" feature is. Something closer and more reminiscent of City of Heroes superbases.

Thanks.
  • xydaxydaxydaxyda Posts: 817 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I think I forgot to mention this...

Greeting Cryptic Los Gatos! Keep on keeping on. I look forward to what you have to show us!
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,582 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Just in case anyone doesn't know who Randy Mosiondz is, he is the original lead designer for Champions Online. From gameplay to pretty much structure.

Lets see if he uses the knowledge of the base game to fix CO back into shape by return everything that was lost from incomplete updates that removed stuff, and see if he'll bring enough devs to actually give us the content the players actually want.

More combat related stuff, more places to do it in, and more stories to tell that are actually complete. That last one is kind of super important.
  • xydaxydaxydaxyda Posts: 817 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Just in case anyone doesn't know who Randy Mosiondz is, he is the original lead designer for Champions Online. From gameplay to pretty much structure.

Lets see if he uses the knowledge of the base game to fix CO back into shape by return everything that was lost from incomplete updates that removed stuff, and see if he'll bring enough devs to actually give us the content the players actually want.

More combat related stuff and more places to do it in.

Or you know just does stuff to improve the game as far as where it stands today...

what is with all the extra demands?
  • wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    For me on a personal level this raises a few issues.

Firstly: Power sets. will be be finally getting new ones, or is there still a perma-ban on them? A super hero mmo without new powersets is really just a super hero mmo that isn't trying. We want them, we need them, and it's one of those things people would be willing to spend money on. Not $10 a pop like quality costume sets, but we'll get to that in a minute.

or... right now...

Costume sets: Going back to the fan contest was a great idea. Each of the fan designed costumes that were done so far were automatic buys. They had so many great parts and options and were well worth the 750z to pick up. I look forward to seeing the development on the next three sets. This was a great idea to start with, but I'm still not paying $10 for a costume. As great as they may be, $10 is way too much, especially when there are too many problems ingame and not enough

Bug fixes: Currently I'm sitting on multiple tickets, which I can't even see. Literally. They've not been addressed or solved, but they were submitted and the UI only shows one... from sto... from over 1200 days ago... Recently, I won a Defender costume set from the lock boxes, and clicking claim all deleted it. Since then, after adding a ticket and posting a thread, nothing has been done about it. My med bots still can't use rank 3 on their heal beams (for how many years now?) There are just too many issues which can be aggravating enough to take enjoyment out of this game. Will you guys be doing more to solve these, or just adding more lock boxes and fluff?
  • rtmartma Posts: 1,198 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Awkward Phrasing or Veiled Threat, you Decide. o.3.o
    Want to get to know me a bit better, Click me and take a read of My Dragon Profile Page, it's a bit dated but still relevant.

I take this quote from a review that I agree with.

"customisation is so linear; everyone is after the optimal dps:survivability ratio with 0 reliance on other players = autonomous gameplay... Players don't need each other anymore... which in my opinion is a bad thing."
  • trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
    edited April 2015
    granitrite wrote: »
    will we finally see the additions to player housing?
    what of SG base's? and bug stomping.....land based vehicle ? or a travel power that's a motorcycle?
    ooooh i hope good things come out of this

Player housing and SG bases: We're not currently planning to do these. Possibly in the future.

Land-based vehicles: They don't end up looking good, they move unrealistically and wouldn't be up to our standards -- if they turned, they'd snap to that facing instead of doing a realistic turn. A flying Harley would be possible, I think, but a ground vehicle wouldn't be good enough.

jeniferann wrote: »
    does this mean we can someday have an option to have villians to play as againts heroes that would be a good concept.

No plans for any CoV-style expansion. Personally, I don't think that's a good use of resources -- you have to create a ton of new content that not very many people will play. It's usually more effective to make content that everyone can play.

orangeitis wrote: »
    Question: Is the set going to be just a normal costume that is merely RP-friendly with vehicles or will there be a special mechanic involved? Either is fine with me though. *shrug*

Also, more vehicles released to support the costume set...?

I don't know, unfortunately. My assumption is the former, but I don't know many of the specifics on those two sets -- most of my CO time last week was spent working with Randy on figuring out this messaging, making sure we had our ducks in a row. For instance, making sure that we felt confident enough to talk about the sets at all, since I knew that'd be a big deal.
  • heavynosferatuheavynosferatu Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Land-based vehicles: They don't end up looking good, they move unrealistically and wouldn't be up to our standards -- if they turned, they'd snap to that facing instead of doing a realistic turn.

Light cycles confirmed. :P
    Devil and the deep blue sea behind me
    Vanish in the air you'll never find me
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I want the power replacer back but I don't want them back as gear. Incorporate them into the aura system.

For instance, fire aura. If you have a gun then it's a flame thrower (which we have animations for)
    If you have a sword then the sword is engulfed in flames

I think it would be perfect. The gear was flawed and how it changes only select weapons (also changes the skin) is a horrible system.
    edited April 2015
    Player housing and SG bases: We're not currently planning to do these. Possibly in the future.

Can we at least get the extra rooms unlocked? It is ridiculous that we can see them there and not use them.