test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Server Not Responding & Pidgin Issses

circleofpsi#4619 circleofpsi Posts: 2,955 Arc User
edited April 2015 in PC & Technical Issues
So, been getting SNR and when it goes down, it kills Pidgin for me the program, and boots me out for a few mins or so.

Anyone else getting this?, its really hard to tell if this is my net or CO alone, due to happing to fast, but I think its CO as steam did not close down or crash as CO whent down.

If this is CO, then get this fixed, or I'll call in support
Psi.
Post edited by circleofpsi#4619 on

Comments

• skig201skig201 Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I'm having the same problems.

SNR for anything from 30s to 4mins followed by dc. Then takes about 3-4mins before I can log back into the game as the launcher is "Unable to connect to patch server"

Not my net connection as everything else is running fine.
    We can all fly as high as the dreams we dare to live.
    Unless we are a chicken.
  • circleofpsi#4619 circleofpsi Posts: 2,955 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    skig201 wrote: »
    I'm having the same problems.

SNR for anything from 30s to 4mins followed by dc. Then takes about 3-4mins before I can log back into the game as the launcher is "Unable to connect to patch server"

Not my net connection as everything else is running fine.

Sorry for the late reply, I got so tired after that night.

As for me, it got better and better by the hour, oddly enough. at first it just turned off out of random, then after like maybe an hour or 50-40mins of playing it gave me SNR.

After it took like 3-4mins before I chuold log back in like you, then i was allowed back in, then it took like an hour or more, until it turned off, and right as my friend had the issues to and he left, it was fine, talked to an hell-hound chick in the Ren-Center for like an hour and an half, then played another game and Pidgin didn't turn off.

Pidgin, is an program that allows me to see whos online on my friends list without being in-game, so if that goes down, then CO is down or the chat is down. Or if I lose my net for a second it kills it.

I'll see about today and tonight, if this issue keeps happening, I'll leave it for another day or too, give them a chance to see if its something just faulty, I'll give them by friday, and if the issue still keeps happing I'll send an report to them.

And if they don't fix it even after the report, then I'm going to sue them.
    Psi.
  • darthzore1darthzore1 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I'm new to Champions, and was really enjoying the game until this past week. I suddenly can't stay connected to the server. It's not my PC or the my home internet connection. SWTOR and Star Trek run fine. I've scarcely been able to complete a mission. I wind up dying either in mission or on the street because mobs just swarm me when I lose the server. It's not an occasional thing. It goes out anywhere from every 2-3 minutes to losing conn for up 2 minutes before re-establishing connection, then suddenly goes out again. I can't stay connected to log a ticket in-game.

I opted for a paid subscription, but this getting to be no fun. Is the forum the only tech support offered?
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Im sure they will have it fixed this week
  • cobretti75cobretti75 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I'm having the same problem, but none of Arc's other games are having connection issues, nor is any other program. It seems to always just be Champions Online unfortunately, the game I want to play most. It sucks spending a bunch of money on a game only to have it refuse to load over and over again, regardless of how many times the game client is installed/uninstalled/reinstalled.
  • ravancheravanche Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Same here. It's to the point that changing zones, or entering/exiting Alerts, is a crapshoot because the server will invariably stop responding partway through and freeze the game.
  • ellaninellanin Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Having the same issue only for me it started with SNR and stopped after like 100-200 sec for about 10 seconds I could walk and try to talk but then SNR again. I tried to log into it 12 times successfully, since then I can't even get into game without getting SNR IF it loads to where I can hit play.... :confused:
  • seiberkagenekoseiberkageneko Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I can't do anything anymore. I've spent the whole day trying to play the game, only to be met with frustration. I log in, USUALLY with no problems but every so often the launcher doesn't even function. I can't do instanced missions because I can't stay in long enough. I can't do alerts for the same reason. I can't even cross a map because of the server not responding. I can't play Star TRek for the same reason, and I can't even get Neverwinter to launch.
  • thyuberdudethyuberdude Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I keep having the same issue's myself, started after the last "maintenance" Also only happens during certain times of the day which makes me think it has everything to do with the NW Xbone release. All the kiddies getting off of school and giving NW a try on their Xbone. I know cryptic can do something about it. I just don't know if they will. Or sit back, let us suffer and wait for the giant influx of new NW players to peter out. :frown:
  • ravancheravanche Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Server not responding on zone transition, causing game crash/time-out.
    Player-made chat channels no longer functioning, or functioning erratically.
    Switching characters times out and disconnects from server.
    Launcher takes two or three tries to load to log-in prompt.
    Launcher takes two or three times to get to Play button after log-in attempted.

All persistant since account server overload between STO and NW's new expansion. Game is very nearly unplayable, or inaccessible.
  • starkillstarkill Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    It immediately disconnects me on character log in screen. I could log in last night and this morning...

I'm a recently returned lifer, and I'm really sad to see the game is unplayable. Is PWI even working to resolve this?