test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Moaaar costumes or not ?

gaelyn1gaelyn1 Posts: 193 Arc User
Massively posted this: http://massivelyop.net/2015/03/17/cryptic-layoffs-alone-totaled-18-people/

CO won't never have new maps (others than the 6 maps we have already since 4 years ago) because it's in maintenance mode but the question is:
Will we continue to have moaaaaaar costumes ?
Because Champions Online “is being left to chug along,” and “It doesn’t take much to keep it afloat.”
Then probably yes, but It's a major question, without any doubt.

(I know that Jon Sills think about the same problem than me. He loves create puppets and play with them).

Please give us an answer Cryptic. Moaaar costumes ?
Post edited by gaelyn1 on

Comments

• Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    gaelyn1 wrote: »
    Massively posted this: http://massivelyop.net/2015/03/17/cryptic-layoffs-alone-totaled-18-people/

CO won't never have new maps (others than the 6 maps we have already since 4 years ago) because it's in maintenance mode but the question is:
    Will we continue to have moaaaaaar costumes ?
    Because Champions Online “is being left to chug along,” and “It doesn’t take much to keep it afloat.”
    Then probably yes, but It's a major question, without any doubt.

(I know that Jon Sills think about the same problem. We love create puppets and play with them).
    Most of Cryptic's losses were reportedly from NW, bringing them into line with STO (who lost one dev of whom I'm aware). We've got as many folks as ever, which means MOAR COSTUMES for playing Super Pretty Princess Dressup! (After I score the Imaginary Weapons tomorrow, I have to do at least one more toon - Stinky Pete, the skunk-man.)
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    jonsills wrote: »
    Most of Cryptic's losses were reportedly from NW, bringing them into line with STO (who lost one dev of whom I'm aware). We've got as many folks as ever, which means MOAR COSTUMES for playing Super Pretty Princess Dressup! (After I score the Imaginary Weapons tomorrow, I have to do at least one more toon - Stinky Pete, the skunk-man.)

STO lost a dev and a community manager. But yeah, NW had the most layoffs.
  • Options
    xydaxydaxydaxyda Posts: 817 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Yes, new stuff is coming out after the next patch later today...

gogo invisible weapons!
  • Options
    decorumfriendsdecorumfriends Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Anyone know the price tag on the invisible weapons? I suppose I can wait a few hours, though.
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • Options
    xydaxydaxydaxyda Posts: 817 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Rumor I heard is that they cost 400 foxbat creds.
  • Options
    iamruneiamrune Posts: 965 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    xydaxyda wrote: »
    Rumor I heard is that they cost 400 foxbat creds.
    No, the Cowboyification gun is 400 creds. The inviso weapons come in three packs, 150 creds each set
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    If true, cheaper than I expected, thanks!
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited April 2015
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Is there any topic that hasn't been done to death? That's the way it goes.
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    What??
    Defender 2015 Armor isn't enough for you people!?
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    itsbrou#5396 itsbrou Posts: 1,778 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    No zones?

Who ever said that?
    Brou in Cryptic games.
  • Options
    bwdaresbwdares Posts: 1,517 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    No zones?

Who ever said that?

Well we have been told to not expect them by radioscience himself when he first joined the team. He did a small Q&A session. Pretty much what we are getting now is what we should expect for the foreseeable future. THey do not have the funds or crew to make zones. They were very clear about it. In past "ask cryptics" they said as much too.

Now we are not on maintenance mode, but we are not going to get any HUGE updates either. Just small ones, which isnt horrible, except when our feedback gets ignored about bugs because costumes and such are not given enough test time on PTS, but whatever. The close will be open for a while, we get stuff. just be happy for that right?
    #Mechanon!(completed) #New Zones! #Foundry!
  • Options
    sistersiliconsistersilicon Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Bill Roper himself. Its not really Cryptic's goal to make new missions or places to go to. Just to make systems for players to farm for many hours of "game play". Its been the design plan for CO since always.

Bill Roper left Cryptic Studios in 2010.
    Choose your enemies carefully, because they will define you / Make them interesting, because in some ways they will mind you
    They're not there in the beginning, but when your story ends / Gonna last with you longer than your friends
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Bill Roper left Cryptic Studios in 2010.

Doesn't mean that work ethic and game plan didn't leave Cryptic. There is still no new zones since launch and we're still getting grind systems that artificially extends game play.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    No zones?

Who ever said that?

No need to say it, just to look at the games since 4 years. And looking at all the content in the until field report we never had, and will never have. We don't need a Crystal ball to know that.
    Do you expect one new map now that the Ig population is divided /10 ?
    Vibora Bay.
    Ahahaha, yeah, vibora in march 2010.
    Game launched the first time (P2P) in september 2009.
    Since March 2010 (we are on april 2015), then 4 years later => no new zones. 4 Years, man.

But we'll have moaar costumes and soon some invisible weapons. Yeah! Cool ! I don't need to worry any more.
    I will come back to play at CO when i will finish with the new playable content Gazillion created last monday and the other which coming the next week in marvel Heroes if i find the time between this and the new content of the next month.

Thanks for your answers. I just have to wait for an official answer of Cryptic/perfect world to confirm that Co will have moaar costumes and not lesss costumes, now.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    The original hyperbole was still refuted.

Doomsies just love their hyperbole.

I don't know if doomsies live hyperboles. But dreamers loves dreaming and deny the facts.
    If someone can give us the name of a new zone made in this game the last 4 years by Cryptic, i could be surprised :)
    It's not an hyperbole, it's a fact. => None.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Queen City? Cincinnati's in Florida now? :tongue:
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • Options
    sistersiliconsistersilicon Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Think about the large-scale instances that have been built, too:

The African maps for Serpent Lantern
    The Gate Between Worlds for Demonflame and Aftershock
    Ice Station Alpaca for Whiteout
    The SOCRATES VR and Cyberlord's carrier for Fatal Err0r
    GATEWAY and Cislunar Mechanon for Steel Crusade

GATEWAY may be the only public map of the bunch, but it's not like they've recycled the same three neighborhoods of Millennium City for four years.
    Choose your enemies carefully, because they will define you / Make them interesting, because in some ways they will mind you
    They're not there in the beginning, but when your story ends / Gonna last with you longer than your friends
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Think about the large-scale instances that have been built, too:

The African maps for Serpent Lantern
    The Gate Between Worlds for Demonflame and Aftershock
    Ice Station Alpaca for Whiteout
    The SOCRATES VR and Cyberlord's carrier for Fatal Err0r
    GATEWAY and Cislunar Mechanon for Steel Crusade

GATEWAY may be the only public map of the bunch, but it's not like they've recycled the same three neighborhoods of Millennium City for four years.

No, they've recycled Monster island and canada too. (Serpent lantern and whiteout)
    Yeah, they have created some new textures for Alpaca, or socrates, or Gateway. But, i can't name this "maps" as MC, Vibora, Canada, etc... were.
    At best, i can name them "dungeons".

The 6 maps (MC, Canada, desert, MI, Lemuria, VIbora) are BIG, have A LOT of quests. Nothing to compare with some new textures and re-use for some of them, and "dungeons" or adventure packs for others. It's not the same flow of content or the same work needed to create them.

And 6 AP in 5 years (1st= serpent lantern in june 2010) is really low. I don't know another MMO alive who have so few new content than CO. Almost 1 adventure pack a year. 30 mns content by year. No one, really.
    CO is a fantastic game, but cryptic don't work on him. It's sad.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Those are commonly referred to as "zones", not "maps". "Maps" usually means instances.
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • Options
    biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Thread author's got his answers and I don't see this going anywhere good, so I'm going to close.
    biffsig.jpg
This discussion has been closed.