test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The Adventurers RP SG

historiphilehistoriphile Posts: 86 Arc User
Hello again!

The Adventurers are an RP SG. We're trying our hardest to make an immersive costumed crime fighting experience for our team.

We get asked a lot, "Are you recruiting?" and the answer isn't really yes/no, it's more, "Is your character the right fit?" We are a small group by design. Each character we have with us, matters. While we're going for a quality experience with a tight-knit group, we can accommodate people who want to engage casually.

If you're interested, I wrote a FAQ about us below. Further questions go to @historiphile in game! See you there!

We keep our page on PDb pretty up-to-date, including info on our current roster, our villains, and a concise record of past storylines:

>>>http://primusdatabase.com/index.php?title=The_Adventurers <<<

Is Adventurers heavy or light RP?
I would describe us as being in the Medium RP category. Ours is an involved experience for RP enthusiasts with jobs and lives and stuff, who still enjoy being able to take part in an in-depth experience from time to time.

We're flexible. You show up and contribute when you can. No one is tracking your attendance. No one is going to send pestering tells to your alts to change chars and join us. The story might advance without you, but the team will still be there when you get back. (We just assume your hero got busy with one of their own solo adventures).

What is the theme?
We're going for the 'street-level hero' theme. These characters have some skills or powers, and they're quite good at handling local crime, but wouldn't go - at least, not alone - to handle a huge world-breaking threat.

There's a heavy bias for characters whose abilities have a scientific origin, such as:

• Genetic experimentation/mutations
  • Strange cosmic phenomena
  • Technological augmentation
  • Skills and training

Magic and mysticism are not strongly desired.

It's also preferred that the characters have a well-defined set of strengths and weaknesses. We do social RP combat which means if no dice are being rolled, we all have to agree on things and play fair. We're creative people; if someone attacks you in a creative way in RP, try to respond creatively in kind.

What is your RP like?
We try to have sessions 1-2 times a week that run a couple of hours - longer, if everyone's having a good time and doesn't need to head to bed right away.

Sometimes we just do one-off stories in a session.

Often, we do story arcs run by a 'guest star' player who also plays the villain and leads us through a few sessions. How the story unfolds depends on the qualities of the villain player. So if you like sorting through details to find crucial clues like a detective, we do that sometimes; if you just like the thrill of a super brawl, we do that sometimes. If you want a story to incorporate something that'll let you change or challenge your character, that can be arranged!

The Adventurers recently had an RP mission where a suspect (player char) was on the run somewhere in Millennium City; if the team didn't find him in 30 minutes, he escaped, which had some consequences in the story; but he was also being pursued by the player-villain, who - if she caught the guy first - would make some bad things happen in the story. Everyone said it was a thrilling mission (good guys prevailed, btw). We love to use the elements & environment of the game to our advantage in RP.

We also do just meet up for some mirth as our civilian identities, too!

How many heroes are in the Adventurers?
We have around 25 members; of these about half are 'active'. This is actually desirable; this team isn't designed to be some huge thing where we go canvassing and recruit every character with a pulse who will say 'yes' to us. This is meant to be the kind of super team where everyone pretty much knows one another, we're carefully balanced, and everyone is important. Some of our heroes are understandably wary of new faces (IC anyway; OOC we love them).

Which time zones do you serve?
We cater best to people who are available during North American evenings. Saturday daytimes are also popular for team events. We have some players in central Europe and Australia, too.

When ever a bunch of us are on together, we might try to make a story happen spontaneously, but we also try to schedule things in advance, too.

I have a villain character - can I menace the Adventurers?
Talk to @historiphile about your villain and the plot you have in mind! If you want to run a whole arc rather than just a one-off encounter, it's better if you are skilled at being a game master.

Where do I sign up?
Talk to @historiphile in-game. If your character sounds like a good fit, we'll want to try to meet up. Getting to know some of the team ahead of time is a good idea, too.
Post edited by historiphile on

Comments

• Options
    warblade87warblade87 Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I will contact your leadership, but until then please consider Blackguard for your Villain SG needs in regards to Arching, world domination, horrible disfigurement of heroes, ect. I would love to work with you to help your heroes develop AND to help our villains develop as well.

If I come across anyone who I think might be the right fit, I will send them your way and I hope it is the same Vice Versa.

Blackguard has 23 members so far and we are expanding until I have hit the 100 mark. So I hope we can provide Variety for you in terms are Arching, sometimes it could be 1 villain, or a host of them, a full on SG clash for an event.

Anyways, I wish you the absolute best in your endeavors and hope to work with you all.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    warblade87 wrote: »
    I will contact your leadership, but until then please consider Blackguard for your Villain SG needs in regards to Arching, world domination, horrible disfigurement of heroes, ect. I would love to work with you to help your heroes develop AND to help our villains develop as well.

If I come across anyone who I think might be the right fit, I will send them your way and I hope it is the same Vice Versa.

Blackguard has 23 members so far and we are expanding until I have hit the 100 mark. So I hope we can provide Variety for you in terms are Arching, sometimes it could be 1 villain, or a host of them, a full on SG clash for an event.

Anyways, I wish you the absolute best in your endeavors and hope to work with you all.

Hey cool! Yeah, send them in for one-off encounters against some of the Adventurers to start with, and we'll get a sense of how each other likes to play, that'll be great. Maybe something epic down the line for sure.
  • Options
    warblade87warblade87 Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Well I am doing an OOC event with CORP that is a bit of an open invitation for any SG leaders and individual heroes to join in. It will give a bit of a sense of what my SG is as well as what is expected and acceptable across the board for RP. feel free to check it out and attend, would love to have you.
  • Options
    krimsonklownkrimsonklown Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Yo, definitely interested in joining/making some comprades. Hella new to the game tho.
  • Options
    moxiedangermoxiedanger Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Do you guys have any plans to, eventually, start an SG website for Forum RP and/or stories?
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Do you guys have any plans to, eventually, start an SG website for Forum RP and/or stories?

I've thought carefully about this and done a little consulting with the team, and the short answer is no, we're not planning to do that at this time for a variety of reasons.

What would you like to see from a website / forums?
  • Options
    epeleskerepelesker Posts: 307 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Forums are good for being a hub of extended information about the SG and its characters and a place for the potential of offline roleplay, and to have general discussion about anything the members find interest in and out of the game.

Admittedly, I haven't been in many SGs in recent years where having one has any significant impact, regardless of size-- even members of the Silver Age Sentinels, one of the bigger and more consistently active teams I'm most familiar with, only post in theirs maybe once every week-and-a-half at best. Or, you get situations like the Eternals, where before most of those people decided to split from CO, most of the activity in regards to RP were on the forums more than they were in game.

You guys already have a page on PRIMUS Database, so that should fill your needs well enough-- I'd just suggest encouraging your members to join in and create pages for characters that don't have any info!
    ----
    Heroic Roleplayer @epelesker | PRIMUS Database Moderator | Brigade Advocate