test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Subscription related questions

doomedluke1doomedluke1 Posts: 118 Arc User
Hello guys,

I just subbed for the first time after years playing. So I'm quite happy, but I have a few questions about it.

First, I have 2 FF slots I bought as a silver, and I was able to log in with them without any trouble. But I have another 13 silver characters, which are all ATs, and with them, the Play button is disabled and the game's asking me to convert them. I did this to two of them, the game asked me if I wanted to keep the AT, change it to another AT, or to change them to FF. I chose to keep the same ATs. I received a retcon token for each char I logged in, both FFs and both Ats.
But the question is if, when I unsub, will I be able to reconvert to silver the converted chars or will they be stuck until I retrain them?
I want to log in with my other chars since the main reason I subbed was the power tinting, but I'm afraid of having problems to play with them when I my sub expires.

Second, when do I get the 500ZEN for subbing?

Third, I received 2 costumes slots for each char after subbing. Do I keep them when the subscription expires or do they function like the extra FF char slots I got after subbing?

Thanks in advance!
PS.: Sorry if I posted on the wrong forum, I wasn't sure which one to do it.
Post edited by doomedluke1 on

Comments

• Options
    deadman20deadman20 Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    First, I have 2 FF slots I bought as a silver, and I was able to log in with them without any trouble. But I have another 13 silver characters, which are all ATs, and with them, the Play button is disabled and the game's asking me to convert them. I did this to two of them, the game asked me if I wanted to keep the AT, change it to another AT, or to change them to FF. I chose to keep the same ATs. I received a retcon token for each char I logged in, both FFs and both Ats.
    But the question is if, when I unsub, will I be able to reconvert to silver the converted chars or will they be stuck until I retrain them?
    I want to log in with my other chars since the main reason I subbed was the power tinting, but I'm afraid of having problems to play with them when I my sub expires.

You would need to reconvert characters to Silver status should you choose to stop subscribing to continue playing them. The first time is free per character, but if you're going to be hopping in and out of a subscription it'll cost you to convert them again to match your subscribing state. Just keep in mind which characters you intend on having available while you're paying and when you're not.

A good strategy is to use a second character slot for the same character and give them an alternate alias so you can play your paid character when your subscription is active and your free one when it's not. You get an additional character slot when you level a Subscribed character to Lv40 which should be open to either subscribing status. If your character is already at Lv40, just swap them over and log into them. You should get a new slot when you do. (It's granted by the "Icon" perk.) They should be usable regardless of your subscription status. Whichever subscription status you're on is what the character will be set for until you convert them once you use that new slot.
    Second, when do I get the 500ZEN for subbing?

You should get your 500 Zen within 24 hours after starting a subscription if not instantly and for every 30 days afterward you remain subscribed.
    Third, I received 2 costumes slots for each char after subbing. Do I keep them when the subscription expires or do they function like the extra FF char slots I got after subbing?

Any opened Costume Slots should stick with the character regardless of subscription status.

--

Hope that helps!
    Steam Guide to Modifications and Equipment (Champions Online) - DZPlayer's Builds (Last updated: 3/26/2018)
    And I will always be @DZPlayer122.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    deadman20 wrote: »
    You would need to reconvert characters to Silver status should you choose to stop subscribing to continue playing them. The first time is free per character, but if you're going to be hopping in and out of a subscription it'll cost you to convert them again to match your subscribing state. Just keep in mind which characters you intend on having available while you're paying and when you're not.
    There is one exception: If your toon is an AT, and you keep the same AT from the moment of its creation, you can swap freely between Silver and Gold. For example, my very first character was a Behemoth; I subbed monthly for a few months, and during that time Meteor was a Gold Behemoth. Then I lost the job, and converted Meteor back to a Silver Behemoth. At no time did that cost anything.

Your Silver FF slots stand apart from anything else, and will remain as they are no matter your subscription status.

Caution, however: If you have to drop back to Silver, you only have as many slots as you had as a Silver. Any slots beyond that exist in a sort of virtual state; you can potentially change those toons to be usable as a Silver, but if you delete any toons (with the possible exception of your Silver FF slots), the slot they're in will vanish, until you're down to just the slots you own as a Silver. Note further that it doesn't matter if you've converted them to Silver or not, deleting any toon will cause a virtual slot to vanish.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • Options
    knazzirknazzir Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I'm going to piggyback on this because my sub runs out in a couple of weeks, what about the bag and bank slots that opened up, do we get to keep those? I just want to be sure because I have a character who bought all of the bank tabs, and has equipped bags in the unlocked bag slots, and has stuff stored in them. If I'm going to lose access to this extra storage, I need to know so I can move the items beforehand. I don't know if owning the game makes a difference here or not, but I do own the game (which is where the sub time came from).
  • Options
    doomedluke1doomedluke1 Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Thanks for kindly replying, guys!

Let's see if I understood correctly.

All the ATs I'm converting to Gold can be converted back to silver when I unsub, since I'm not making any changes.
    The FF slots I bought will remain unchanged.
    Right now I have 14 New gold character slots available, 13 empty since I already used one. I logged in until now with my 2 FF chars and with 6 converted ATs, all at lvl 40. The slots I unlocked by doing so are permanent? Not sure if I understood that.

I understand that anything I create with those new slots will be unavailable if I go back to silver until I convert them to silver too, right?

About the 500ZEN, I already received them a few hours ago.

One more question: when converting the ATs back to silver, will I retain the power tinting if I don't mess around with their powers?

Thanks again!
  • Options
    deadman20deadman20 Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    One more question: when converting the ATs back to silver, will I retain the power tinting if I don't mess around with their powers?

Yep, color choices should stick around so long as you don't change your powers.
    Steam Guide to Modifications and Equipment (Champions Online) - DZPlayer's Builds (Last updated: 3/26/2018)
    And I will always be @DZPlayer122.

• Options
    edited March 2015
    In my experience, knazzir, you'll lose the extra bag slots, but anything in them gets mailed to you. I think you keep bank slots, because usually you've bought those with Resources.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

• Options
    knazzirknazzir Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    All the ATs I'm converting to Gold can be converted back to silver when I unsub, since I'm not making any changes.
    The FF slots I bought will remain unchanged.
    Right now I have 14 New gold character slots available, 13 empty since I already used one. I logged in until now with my 2 FF chars and with 6 converted ATs, all at lvl 40. The slots I unlocked by doing so are permanent? Not sure if I understood that.

I understand that anything I create with those new slots will be unavailable if I go back to silver until I convert them to silver too, right?

As far as I'm aware, the slots you earn for having a character at level 40 are permanent slots. It's pretty much the reason I wanted to go Gold so I'll be angry if everything I ever read about it turns out to be wrong.
    jonsills wrote: »
    In my experience, knazzir, you'll lose the extra bag slots, but anything in them gets mailed to you. I think you keep bank slots, because usually you've bought those with Resources.

Sucks that the bag slots aren't permanent but I've been playing since F2P with the limitation so not that big a deal; I use mail as temp storage when I need to. If I'm able to keep the bank slots, that will help tremendously but what I really should do is find someone folks willing to help me start a personal SG so I can share stuff between my accounts via the SG bank.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    knazzir wrote: »
    ...what I really should do is find someone folks willing to help me start a personal SG so I can share stuff between my accounts via the SG bank.
    Oh yeah, that can come in really handy. Usually not that much trouble getting help; anyone who hasn't joined a SG yet gets a costume slot out of it, and that stays after you boot them, so that's one incentive, and a lot of folks are just happy to help you out. (I don't have any toons that aren't currently in my personal SG, but if you see @jonsills online, send me a tell and I'll jump out temporarily.)

• Options
    decorumfriendsdecorumfriends Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Quick detail question on the personal SG set up, as I'm going to try and do that next week. Do I delete the other people right away, or wait until I've invited and "enrolled" enough to replace them?
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • Options
    themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Quick detail question on the personal SG set up, as I'm going to try and do that next week. Do I delete the other people right away, or wait until I've invited and "enrolled" enough to replace them?

You can do it right way, mate.
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Options
    decorumfriendsdecorumfriends Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Thanks .
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png