test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Next reawakend archetype?

marvimarvi Posts: 13 Arc User
Will we ever get a next reawakend? Automaton well i really was dissapointed in it, just wondering if we get more free archetypes down the line.
Post edited by marvi on

Comments

• flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    They tested us.
    And we didn't pass.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Hopefully not. It would be preferable that new powers were introduced the way they used to be. None of that silly "play a subpar archetype and unlock these new powers" stuff.
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    we only just had one last year for the 5th anniversary. Give them time

the previous actual AT's were 2012,2011.
    between that we had a few mini sets.
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• thatcursedwolfthatcursedwolf Posts: 484 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Hopefully not. It would be preferable that new powers were introduced the way they used to be. None of that silly "play a subpar archetype and unlock these new powers" stuff.

If only it was within Cryptic's power to be able to pick the powers the AT has so it's not subpar. Alas, as we all know, every AT gets a random set of powers and even Cryptic can't change it.
    This is my Risian Corvette. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    If only it was within Cryptic's power to be able to pick the powers the AT has so it's not subpar. Alas, as we all know, every AT gets a random set of powers and even Cryptic can't change it.

Yes, a random assortment of powers from one or two powersets that very tightly create a themed character. But as we all know, no theme can work if it is not thoroughly and utterly min-max'd for maximum damage output, damage resistance and healing. Like my current favorite build that utilizes three blast powers and no energy unlock.
    edited March 2015
    Considering how awful the Automaton was and how near-useless the powers gained turned out to be - despite constant pointing out of both on the PTS forums - I'd not be surprised to find the concept shelved.

A reward isn't a reward when the earning it is miserable and the payoff very sub-par.

A non-useless stacking condition. Why was that so hard?

It wasn't.

Unfortunately, as it turns out, investing points into a form was the most challenging task this player population has ever faced. :biggrin:
  • biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I enjoyed the archetype. I wonder by what standards people use the words worthless, useless, awful, crappy?

I had no trouble leveling the Automaton, through both missions and alerts. The way it played was totally different than any other character I've ever played, and I found that real fun. Lining up enemies and toggling the self-heal on and off, it actually kept me active during combat, instead of the usual "pop actives and hit Two Gun Mojo until everything is dead" thing I see a lot.

Honestly, my only problem with this archetype, personally, is that I didn't have enough Endurance to fully maintain the chainsaw. I was using Nemesis gear though, so if I'd been using normal gear, I could slot it with extra Endurance to fix that.

I thought the whole thing was fun, and I'd like to see more of this kind of archetype.
    biffsig.jpg
  • ngeluzngeluz Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    What?? I haven't test this... must test it know! A mechanic that transforms you like the vampire device does, is that what this AT does??? must play it NOW!!!

Wait... its Tech base again like the vehicles... ugh... darn it... this will be torture... god, I wish they made more stuff in the mutant/mystic stuff :confused:
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Specualtion:

1. I suspect that the CN dev team is working on another piece of content similar in size to Mechanon last year (the missions, not the event).

2. The new content is likely related to the space station or moon base, maybe St*rguard.

3. A new AT would likely have to do with the new content somehow.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
    edited March 2015
    ngeluz wrote: »
    What?? I haven't test this... must test it know! A mechanic that transforms you like the vampire device does, is that what this AT does??? must play it NOW!!!

Wait... its Tech base again like the vehicles... ugh... darn it... this will be torture... god, I wish they made more stuff in the mutant/mystic stuff :confused:

It doesn't turn you into anything.
    edited March 2015
    Huh, how was that "shaming?"

It's true, right? A lot of people use it? I see a lot of people use it in alerts and world boss fights. It happens. And what do you do when you're doing this? You pop some active offense and sit there and hold down the button over and over again. Right?

I know this because I also have been using this power, since the day the game launched, and didn't care about how bad/good it was/is.

The point I was making was that the way I had to play the Automaton was a lot more involved. I had to think and move more. Positioning was more involved than lining up a bunch of dudes for a Force Cascade because of its tiny cylinder it uses. I liked toggling on the Reconstructive Circuits while I blasted away with Rocket Punch, and then toggling it off to use my Energy Builder.

About the synergy and all that: Okay, so it doesn't have super synergistic power choices. My question: So what? Did it make any of the content difficult for you? Isn't the content easy enough already? No great energy mechanism? So what? You get Recovery. Pop that Energy Builder a few times and you're back to full.

To me, "awful" and "useless" would be an archetype that can't do regular missions without being followed by a healer because it puts out such little damage and has such little defense that it can't take out a group of henchmen. So it doesn't have all the great tricks that all the great power builders have figured out. So what? It still plays fine, and the playstyle is fun for some people.

Me, personally? I'm not a power builder. I choose powers that look right for the theme and feel fun. Ive never worried about super synergy in my build, and I'm sure there's other people like that. I don't go around faceplanting on my freeforms either, so the Automaton not being a well-oiled machine (heh) doesn't detract from my fun with it at all.
    biffsig.jpg
    edited March 2015
    I enjoyed the archetype. I wonder by what standards people use the words worthless, useless, awful, crappy?

"I had to think a small amount while playing and couldn't just faceroll content while mashing two buttons" would be my guess.
  • stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Rocket Fist is a fun power, but the AT is still a hot mess. The Automaton could have been put together better without taking away the extra involvement in power use.

Most mobs were not brought up to OnAlert player power levels, so you really have to f-up a build to fail at regular missions. If old mobs were brought up to post on alert content levels, many ATs would fail and then we would have solo VS group debates along side trinity arguments.

2gun is one of those powers that is stupid easy to use. It requires no set up or special considerations to be good. It allows even a beginner builder to feel awesome when they kick-butt.

I have no idea if there will be another reawakened AT. It could go either way. Cryptic has a long history of starting then abandoning projects. Or it could be that management learned from past mistakes and decide to continue and improve upon systems.
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
    edited March 2015
    The 2GM shaming, already?

It's just one of the better examples of the trend in builds that he's referring too. And heck, shaming? He was downright nice. I would have used phrases like "Lazy detached building that spits on the concept of actually playing the game in favor of just winning with the least amount of effort possible".

Another great example would be Epidemic.

There's a broad swath of territory between"PvP Frankenhorror" and "flat-out bad -and the Automaton missed it by a mile.

Your flat out bad is someone else's interesting. That'd be the point Biff was making. You say "The Automaton is bad" when what you should be saying is "I don't like the Automaton".

I have all sorts of builds that would likely make your eyes bug out with how "poorly built" they are, would make you rage quit if you tried to use them, and would make you think up a laundry list of excuses and rationalizations when you watch me thrive with them. That doesn't make my builds bad, and it also doesn't mean you're bad for not being able to play with them.
  • rianfrostrianfrost Posts: 578 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    really i would prefer a new power-set as well, but i am wondering if its my perspective, im a gold for the life of this game, i don't play at's and for golds ats are more hindrance than a help. "yay, we can get a small number of new powers if we lug this prepackaged set across the finish line". its not hard really so much as dull. but for the free players, and it seems thats pwi's historical business model to care about the free players more , they dont have acces to freeform builds so ats are what serves them more. so the rather dismal fact seems to be we probably are going to get another at with whatever bit of content we get this year. Really would like a plant power-set. guess we will know in october/november when they will likely release it.

in retrospect, they may go fora full set, i think the stoner powers-et(which was really one of my favorites) did get a lcokbox, so there is the old free to play game standby, lock-boxing it and selling it in the store. though that still would only help the ftpers that bought a gold slot.

It just always struck me that this game's shining strength was the customization, both the costumes and powers, so locking yourself in an at? and getting, if i remember, less power picks? seems like missing the point of the whole game. co is about making YOUR superhero.
  • baelogventurebaelogventure Posts: 520 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I personally had an idea for a new AT, the Cybernetic Commando.

Hybrid
    Primary: Ego
    Secondary: Con
    Secondary: Int

Innate Talent: The Invincible

Spec Tree: Ego, Avenger, Guardian

Level 1: Particle Rifle
    Level 1: Pulse Beam Rifle

Level 6: Particle Mine OR Particle Grenade (New power, works like Frag Grenade except instead of knocks, it stuns and deals Particle Damage, has an Adv to apply Plasma Burn)

Level 8: Targeting Computer
    Level 11: Munition Bots OR Support Drones
    Level 14: Concentration
    Level 17: Bionic Shielding
    Level 21: Energy Shield OR Force Shield
    Level 25: Molecular Self Assembly OR Overdrive

Level 30: Lock n Load OR Holographic Decoys (New power, Active Defense, creates several holograms of yourself. Holograms deal no damage but start with your Aggro level, and you gain -100% aggro. Essentially a distraction + Threat wipe)

Level 35: Rocket Launcher OR Orbital Cannon

Level 40: New Ultimate Power here I can't think of, possibly?

I dunno, I think it's probably too powerful for an AT. Would never fly, not enough flaws in it.
    edited March 2015
    Also, let's not forget. Awakened ATs are a good way for them to make a few bucks. Willing to spend a couple bucks on a retrain token? Then you don't have to "lug it across the finish line" as rianfrost put it

It's that "purchasable powers" concept, but with a "farm option" attached, and perhaps an effort on the dev's part to get some players to see the game how they see it, rather than the bundle of numbers-to-be-optimized that so many have started to see :wink:
    edited March 2015
    If the Automaton is how the Devs see the game.. weee're in trouble.

I disagree. They seem to see the game the way I see it, the way Biff sees it, the way Jonsils sees it... and I get the feeling we, and the people like us, are having the most fun playing this game.
    edited March 2015
    spinnytop wrote: »
    I disagree. They seem to see the game the way I see it, the way Biff sees it, the way Jonsils sees it... and I get the feeling we, and the people like us, are having the most fun playing this game.

Well, that's your opinion.
    So far, i've been playing the game without facerolling the game with/without TGM, having fun and i didn't find Automaton really most fun.
  • mrhinkypunkmrhinkypunk Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited March 2015

Well it would of been fine if they were actually "new" powers that added something new to gameplay, the only thing which was really new as the form and that was a very simple yet messy / not really needed idea. I'd much prefer them fix some other stuff or release something that adds a new gameplay element/option.
    edited March 2015
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    Well, that's your opinion.
    So far, i've been playing the game without facerolling the game with/without TGM, having fun and i didn't find Automaton really most fun.

See, Finn said it correctly. He said "I didn't find it fun" instead of saying "It is bad". Nothing is found fun by everyone, so one can hardly criticize something on the basis that it is not universally found fun by all people.
    edited March 2015
    Well it would of been fine if they were actually "new" powers that added something new to gameplay, the only thing which was really new as the form and that was a very simple yet messy / not really needed idea. I'd much prefer them fix some other stuff or release something that adds a new gameplay element/option.

But if they were actually those "new" powers, then you would actually care about them and would feel like you had to level the new archetype. However, since they're only new (without quotation marks) then you don't care about them and never felt the need to level the archetype you dislike :D
    edited March 2015
    my complaint was the 3 blast powers and the energy unlock which only seemed to work with 2 powers. One the only melee attack and the other a hela.

Mind you, I'm responsible for ;

Hnagus- nothing but the new telepathy dot powers then whirlwind(another DOT) when i ran out of them.20 minutes to kill mega terak

Snow Bunn- void powers and seraphim. ego/pre/con

deer oh dear- guns and a lot of passive heals for everyone.

Megian- pestilence, fire powers and heals....... well I know how to get agro now:redface:

master ninja- 2 attacks- ricochet shot & 2gm(yes, 1 aoe and 1 single target) everything else is heals.

electric backup healer- electric form, no Pre stat and runs on maintains. can heal and res others/self. no bubbles. one I usually use in Gravatar alerts

Vorpal bunn- NA passive- mentalist powers and toys. it works.

So I can't really complain.
    As it says in the signature, screwing up FF since 2011

edited March 2015
    See, Finn said it correctly. He said "I didn't find it fun" instead of saying "It is bad". Nothing is found fun by everyone, so one can hardly criticize something on the basis that it is not universally found fun by all people.

....and it's bad.
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I didn't find the Automaton fun, but with a different energy unlock I might have enjoyed it more (the problem with any PA-type build is ensuring you have the energy you need). The Rocket Punch is a LOT of fun, at least soloing, especially once you buy the KB advantage. (I can't help but shout "Strike!" as the bad guys go flying like bowling pins.)

I'm thinking of using Aspect of the Machine on another build entirely, but haven't gotten to it yet - it's not a bad concept, just ill-suited to the powers. The basic concept behind the Reawakened Automaton (an ancient machine, awakening in the modern day) was interesting, but I think the designers either ran out of ideas or time partway through assigning its powers and just started slapping things in because they sounded good. (I've built a few like that, usually wound up deleting them later.)

What I wound up doing was using one of my free Retrain tokens (I don't use them a lot) to turn a 40 I wasn't using any more into a level 40 Automaton, so I could use the powers I liked on a build I preferred, the Lawgiver (two ancient alien robots, a lawbot and a warrior, that were severely damaged, crashed into Earth, repaired themselves into one 'bot that combined the parts and programming of both of them, and started its new career in Millennium City. Yes, I stole the idea from Star Trek, "The Changeling" - I don't think they'll sue. Almost named the character Tan Ru, though).
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Reawakened Prankster!

Includes all gag powers of Foxbat! Spam riot foam, ping pong balls and 1000ton wrecking ball!

...wouldn't that be a hoot. :D
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
    edited March 2015
    Reawakened Prankster!

Includes all gag powers of Foxbat! Spam riot foam, ping pong balls and 1000ton wrecking ball!

Well, that's easy - I'd just either retrain or restart Captain Americlown. :smile:
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

edited March 2015
    chaelk wrote: »
    my complaint was the 3 blast powers and the energy unlock which only seemed to work with 2 powers.

I feel compelled to mention that my current favorite character has 3 blast powers and no energy unlock >.>
  • xydaxydaxydaxyda Posts: 817 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Automation was fun but I really haven't done much with it since leveling to 40... after that I went back to my 2gm spamming & epidemic using frankenbuilds.

Bring on the Reawakened Prankster!
    edited March 2015
    I feel compelled to mention that my current favorite character has 3 blast powers and no energy unlock >.>

so you like that, I don't.
    Everybody is different.
    You choose what you want to make, I'll choose what I want to make.

• ashensnowashensnow Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited March 2015

This.

I would be more than happy to play around with new powers....but I paid for freeform. I like making my own characters rather than playing someone else's character or a build put together by dev(s) even with player feedback. Thats a huge part of what I like about CO. A requirement that I forgo almost everything I like about the game in order to access new content (and new powers are just that for me) is not a good way to get (or keep) me interested in playing or paying CO.

This would be the case even if the archetype was some min-maxed, "franken-build," because it wouldn't be MY min-maxed, "franken-build."

'Caine, miss you bud. Fly high.
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,589 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    The Awakened AT displayed bad synergy, redundancy, and making the powers they unlock just downright terrible OR unbalanced. Before they make the next one the devs should learn how to play the game and learn about competent builds. Or they can skip that step entirely and let the players help them tweak it.
  • crosschancrosschan Posts: 920 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Reawakened Prankster!

Honestly, I'm not a huge AT Fan because I play this game to bring my concepts and themes to life in this environment. It's that simple to me. However, for this suggestion(if they don't suck rocks through a paper straw, of course), I would be willing to attempt to slog through this AT. Heck, I think the big two things missing from Automaton were synergy and powers. Due to the apparent design aesthetic of ATs the 1st one might not, intentionally, be so viable but the second one....crank that badboy up to 11. I want as many powers as is humanly possible crammed into these things. I do not care of they're from Mobs/Becomes either. Look around, some people have actually been asking for these kinds of powers for years(even in the Automaton thread people asked for more powers from the same sources which never made it).

I know tons of people who have been asking for EXACTLY what is being requested by Chaos. I know almost as many people who would go for The Reawakened Vodun, which would be a magical AT using the twin color(Golds could recolor HALF of the power or all of it if new magical UI Tech showed up) Sovereign Son Voodoo Powers....but not 1-2....ALL OF EM(or at least enough to mostly fill an AT). If I'm going to be expected to go through the paces on this then someone needs to give me enough of a prize for crossing the finish line. Also, to make the pill a lil less bitter for those who disagree with me...give out 3-4 of the powers for free. No need to unlock at all. So you give Gold/LTS a free taste(What was that bit about the value of having these?), Froobs an AT to taste, and more to unlock for those that cross the finish line since Gold/LTS has access to all the goodies and Froobs have a shiny new 40 with the goodies. :biggrin:
    2s9bzbq.jpg
  • hasukurobihasukurobi Posts: 405 Arc User
    edited March 2015

^This... A LOT. Especially with how few powers you got for doing that.
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Reawakened Qularr: I think this is big enough that we should create a new tech tree 'alien'. There are a huge number of effects that are already in-game but fairly inaccessible, and have pre-existing animations of reasonable quality:
    • Qularr Pistol: 6 animations of decent quality
    • Qularr Assault Rifle
    • Qularr Minigun
    • Qularr Shotgun
    • Qularr Sniper Rifle
    • Qularr Adhesive Grenades: I forget what this looks like. Power-wise, should probably be a reskin of Entangling Mesh.
    • Genetically Modified Qularr Swarm: as I recall, summons a Firebug.
    • Qularr Mines: these only appear in the tutorial, but a delayed trigger mine is an interesting idea. Possibly make it a Paralyze instead of a Root.
    • Qularr Hive Seed: this is probably an enhancement of Summon Firebug, or possibly the reverse; it's sort of equivalent to the way you have bound and unbound variants on the mysticism summons.
    • Qularr Mutagen: can probably just be Aspect of the Infernal.
    Running through them for an archetype (most things need renames)
    Energy Builder: Gunslinger (Qularr)
    Level 1: 2 Gun Mojo (Qularr)
    Level 6: Shotgun Blast (Qularr)
    Level 8: Passive (not sure what fits them. Maybe Regeneration; Pestilence would be valuable but doesn't look right).
    Level 11: choice of Adhesive Grenades and Adhesive Mines
    Level 14: Aspect of the Infernal
    Level 17: Summon Firebug
    Level 21: Block power, possibly Retaliation.
    Level 25: energy unlock. Might be a good candidate for Overdrive.
    Level 30: active offense
    Level 35: choice of Minigun (Qularr) and Assault Rifle (Qularr)
    Level 40: Lead Tempest (Qularr)

Special mechanic: all Qularr attacks do Toxic damage and have a chance to apply some sort of Poison. Given the general tendencies of the Qularr, possibly one that snares and does an attack debuff, to distinguish it from the various Infernal moves.
    edited March 2015
    I do zany things all the time. Zany doesn't mean sacrificing effectiveness. There is no inverse correlation between the two.

None of what you gave as examples strikes me as particularly "zany". Using attacks from various power sets and claiming you're pushing the envelope is something PvPers try all the time... they make a build that's 90% pvp "min/max/p0wnz0r" build and then slap fireball on it and claim it's the most unique build on the planet.

I'd be more interested to know how willing you've been to do things like not using energy builders, making characters without Con or Intelligence as super stats, etc... Custom tailoring your attacks to match your theme isn't particularly "self-gimping".

If you do do things like that, then great... but then it leaves the question of why you would have had so much trouble with the AA. If it's not a question of having trouble leveling it and simply not liking it... well, I don't like seafood, but I don't demand they shut down Red Lobster.

PS - I've made a healer using a tank passive. It felt like an unkillable god.
    edited March 2015
    so you like that, I don't.
    Everybody is different.

Yes, that would be the exact point I'm trying to make. Literally, word for word, the exact point I've been making. Word for word. It's interesting that you said it in an attempt to disagree with me :wink:

The Awakened Automaton isn't bad, it's just that you don't like it. There isn't much in this world that everybody likes, and if a game designer only put things in their game that were guaranteed to be like by everyone, they would never add anything. :smile:

You choose what you want to make, I'll choose what I want to make.

^ not sure how that applies to Archetypes. How about "You choose to play the archetypes you want to play, and I'll play the ones I want to play"? Because that statement is something I agree with 100% :smile:
    edited March 2015
    The Awakened AT displayed bad synergy, redundancy, and making the powers they unlock just downright terrible OR unbalanced. Before they make the next one the devs should learn how to play the game and learn about competent builds. Or they can skip that step entirely and let the players help them tweak it.

They seem to play the game and build the way I do, so as far as I'm concerned they don't need to learn anything about "how to play the game and how to make competent builds".

After all, it's not about making "competent" builds, it's about making interesting builds*. The "competent" part is more about how you play it :wink:

Side Note - I've heard a lot of Gold subscribers make the comment that they have nothing to spend their stipend on.... how about a retrain token to get those new powers effort free? :3

If you don't care enough about the new powers to do that, then problem solved ~.^
  • kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Because the powers are not effort free. You have the level the damn thing to unlock them for every other character you make. Which is stupid, whether you like the archetype or not.
    edited March 2015
    Because the powers are not effort free. You have the level the damn thing to unlock them for every other character you make. Which is stupid, whether you like the archetype or not.

While I totally understand where this argument comes from (and I agree, not effort free unless you have money to burn), it's hardly the first time that an MMO put new "content" or whatever behind some sort of treadmill.

I get it's not going to be everyone's cup of tea, especially the people who like to only play one character, but like any other MMO, if you don't like it, don't do it. As a personal example to this, in most MMOs getting the best gear means joining a guild and doing long, drawn-out raids. I wanted the gear, obviously, but I don't like having to set a schedule for when I'm available to raid, and getting kicked out if some real-life stuff comes up and I miss raid day. So what did I do? I didn't raid and didn't get the gear. No sweat. It's not my thing.

There's not a lot of things in this game that you really have to put some hard effort to obtain. This is one of the few, so I didn't mind doing it. And after all was said and done, I haven't even used the powers I unlocked, because they haven't come up in any themes I made lately.
    biffsig.jpg
    edited March 2015
    Personally, I found that the Automaton smelled strongly of some of my early Freeform builds, before I really understood how the powers work in a practical sense. Things were tossed in there because in the abstract, they seemed to fit, but in practice they were, well, clumsy.

Presumably, our guys at CN have been learning, since apparently they do play the game, and if we ever see another Reawakened AT, I figure it'll be a little better put together than the last one.

edited March 2015

It's effort free if you buy a retrain token and retrain a current lvl 40 AT to a lvl 40 Automaton. Which is obviously what I was referencing.
    edited March 2015
    jonsills wrote: »
    Personally, I found that the Automaton smelled strongly of some of my early Freeform builds, before I really understood how the powers work in a practical sense. Things were tossed in there because in the abstract, they seemed to fit, but in practice they were, well, clumsy.

Presumably, our guys at CN have been learning, since apparently they do play the game, and if we ever see another Reawakened AT, I figure it'll be a little better put together than the last one.

Condescending Jon is worst Jon :frown: The devs at CN aren't the big dumb idiots you think they are. They knew exactly what they were doing with the automaton, because as has been shown while it does not fit the conventional standards of streamlined building, it was an interesting and fun build once you get over how "non-ezmode" it is.

Remember, this game is easy for a reason: so that players don't have to streamline/min-max/only make builds that are practical. I'm sure the devs spend a lot of time wondering how they can communicate that concept to the players :wink:

After all, I'm sure some people would look at some of your builds and say how totally unfun they are just because they don't conform to some subjective standard of "well built", even though according to your standards they're 100% practical.
This discussion has been closed.