test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Weapons as part of costume.

weewoozestyweewoozesty Posts: 45 Arc User
edited April 2015 in Suggestions Box
Let us have our weapons such as swords, guns, bows. As part of the costume. I dont mean the static ones that appear in the back options either. I mean to actually have my chosen sword/large weapon/guns of choice appear on my character outside of combat.

Perhaps make it so that people who take elemental/magic attacks with weapon abilities have the option to stream their powers from their weapons. I.e. The way a staff projects magic and stuff.

Maybe make an option to make those types of things flow better together. i.e. If I take fire with my large weapons I want to be able to coat my sword in flames and fight with a chance to apply clinging flames on hit. Or things of that nature.

Make the powers flow together better.

Truly take this game to the next level.
Post edited by weewoozesty on

Comments

• Options
    soulforgersoulforger Posts: 1,649 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Let us have our weapons such as swords, guns, bows. As part of the costume. I dont mean the static ones that appear in the back options either. I mean to actually have my chosen sword/large weapon/guns of choice appear on my character outside of combat.

Perhaps make it so that people who take elemental/magic attacks with weapon abilities have the option to stream their powers from their weapons. I.e. The way a staff projects magic and stuff.

Maybe make an option to make those types of things flow better together. i.e. If I take fire with my large weapons I want to be able to coat my sword in flames and fight with a chance to apply clinging flames on hit. Or things of that nature.

Make the powers flow together better.

Truly take this game to the next level.

While this would be cool, I am not sure how they would do this? Maybe through an aura?
  • Options
    morigosamorigosa Posts: 710 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    There are some things like this already in game. Unfortunately, the vast majority of them are power replacer items that are (thanks, On Alert!) both underpowered and unobtainable if you didn't have them from before.

For the rest, look at items like the Empowered Dragon Staff.

So... yeah, it's all quite doable within the game engine.

And, hm... power replacer aura items? Yes, I like this idea. They should make some of those.
  • Options
    calapsarcalapsar Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    maybe just a "none" option in selection tab of weapon skin?
  • Options
    stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I would love to run around with my weapons unsheathed at all times without having to pretend to attack boxes and trash cans. It would also be super to have a mage that can channel her power through a sword.

In addition, being able to use regular sword skins with laser sword would be awesome. Just add some particle effects along the blade to make it laser-y. It's not like the ability to add fancy graphic outlines to things isn't in the game already.
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
  • Options
    ngeluzngeluz Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I agree with this, powers should all sync together in some way or another not just cosmetically, this will make freedom form even much more attractive, as it stands a lot of powers even though are very cool they are not practical in the game or plain useless which is kind of sad since you will tend to see players with the same choice of powers since the one's one would like to mix don't mix at all...

A big example of this is the ultimate "Energy Storm', very nice mechanic but too limited... why not expand on that? Like Poison, Stagger, bleeding, Fear, Particle... etc, etc...

I guess the right term for these powers is not useless there more of unfinish... (Oh and don't even get me started on the forgotten power "telekinesis", by all that is heroic WHEN WILL THEY MAKE THIS POWER MORE FUNCTIONAL, add a teleport objects like in CoH [R.I.P.] or anything, GOD i wish some of the cool stuff CoH had would have migrated to this game) Why do I throw a Psionic Knight Spear and not create a Therakiel Psionic sword to smash them? Where are the heavy weapon Psionic Version...? And the list will likely go up from there...etc...you get the idea right?

If Cryptic focus on their concept of "Freedom", this game would be TOP on the MMO lists out there...only because it lets players really make the Champion they wish to be... I think all powers should have some sort of mechanic to sync together...

The Devices, like "change into a Vampire" is an EXCELLENT example of making powers sync with each other... that Bloodgorger transformation is BRILLIANT way to combine the Bestial/Infernal/Shadow/Rage brawl Tree together into functional fuse powers...

I know it would take A LOT of work to get all powers to sync with one another, BUT MAN, this game would skyrocket if they pull that off! :biggrin:
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I like these things.

For some reason, weapons sheathed when not in use, drawn when in use, is kind of a big deal in the gaming world that has only really become common and well done in recent years.
  • Options
    crosschancrosschan Posts: 920 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    2s9bzbq.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    I more mean along the lines of drawing weapons.

Complicated by how much we can morph our characters. But would be cool!

The main thing I like about this is that it might end up where you have every weapon you could possibly use, due to your build, strapped to you somewhere. My munitions characters could finally have their weapons strapped to themselves, rather than having to pull some of them out of their butts.

But I want the weapons to flow better with other powers.

I.e. A staff being a source of magic for ranged attacks.

Fire attacks being projected out of a sword etc. Maybe the ability to fuse melee attacks with other elements of my choice. Such as being able to add poison effects from Infernal line to Dual Blades and things of that nature.

Lots of work, but would be cool! There are likely thousands of magical characters that were never made because they couldn't use wands. And we have wand animations in the game!
  • Options
    bwdaresbwdares Posts: 1,517 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    There was a push for this kinda thing a few years ago and all we got was "not doable."

Maybe with Cryptic North they can make it happen. They have already proven that much of the "not doable" has been false.
    #Mechanon!(completed) #New Zones! #Foundry!
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,589 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Become Robot Samurai. Look at what we can do. You can't have it.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    bwdares wrote: »
    They have already proven that much of the "not doable" has been false.

Have they?

Become Robot Samurai. Look at what we can do. You can't have it.

Robot Samurai isn't like a player character. It's basically an NPC that you can control. It can have that sword on its back because that's the only weapon it could possibly ever wield.