test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

FC.31.20141212.17/18 PTS Update

radioscienceradioscience Posts: 80 Arc User
edited March 2015 in PTS - The Archive
This build will be available on PTS after 5:40pm PST today, 3/5/2015.

Release Notes for FC.31.20141212.17:

Costumes:
  • Urban Anime set: Fixed clipping and color issues on the Urban Anime Tube Top.
  • Space Scoundrel set: Reduced stretching and weirdness of the Space Scoundrel long coats.
  • Both sets are available on the Debugger store again for PTS testing.

Release Notes for FC.31.20141212.18:

Costumes:
  • Space Scoundrel set: Proper fix for the Space Scoundrel long coat.

Please format any bugs you find in the following format:
Bug
Where it happens
What happens

Please stay on topic in this PTS thread. We use bug reports from this thread to decide whether a PTS build is ready to go live, and so we need to make sure we're seeing everything in it. Please do discuss the changes, but if you find yourself writing about something that isn't specific to what's on PTS, then that should probably go elsewhere.

In particular, do not report bugs from the live game in this thread, unless they are impacted by changes in the PTS build.
Post edited by radioscience on

Comments

• radioscienceradioscience Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Quick note: We're working on the Urban Anime hair/cheecks bug reported in the previous thread, but it wasn't ready for this PTS update.
  • soulforgersoulforger Posts: 1,649 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Good to see the scoundrel fix, now to see if we can get that fix on the magical girl butt cape.
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,021 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Can the Urban Anime VESTs also get their ability to COLOUR the pockets? please, can this get FINALLY fixed?

Bug: The Urban Anime sets Vest Pockets CANNOT be coloured as Advertised in the ARC page
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • voyagersixvoyagersix Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I have a few clipping issues to report.
    • Scientist Lab coats clip on males under the armpits in the back, and in the collar up front.
    • Socrates Chest clips in ways I can't even describe.
    • Alien Gladiator Chest clips on males in the shoulder straps, especially during movement.

Screenshot Gallery

As some of these pieces continue to be sold as highly coveted in Timewarp promotions, can they be fixed so that they are at least usable?
  • blackwolf305blackwolf305 Posts: 169 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    And for the scoundrel coat can we get it to work in the chest ( including robotic arms left right and both ps: being able to see the arm's would be awesome). I believe the scientists coats are there.

I know this is asking for a lot, but hey doesn't hurt to to ask
  • williamkonywilliamkony Posts: 582 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    • Space Scoundrel set: Reduced stretching and weirdness of the Space Scoundrel long coats.

Er... Reduced? Or fixed?
    Dasher@Tool-box, donning his armor to prance into battle and blitz the enemy! No joke!
    Cupid@Tool-box, stunningly radiant stag ready to play matchmaker between villain and arrow!
    Vixon@Tool-box, frighteningly eager to summon despair for his adversaries!
    Jebin Zedalu@Tool-box, elementalist weaponmaster. ...One of these things is not like the others!
  • kemmicalskemmicals Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Bug: Space Scoundrel jacket texture error when using anything other than cloth material.
    edited March 2015
    Er... Reduced? Or fixed?

Its like 95% to 99% fixed, there is some stretching during extreme moves, but for the most part, it doesn't stretch.
  • sanguinevipersanguineviper Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Bug: Anime Tube Top still has its normal map inverted and still has extra muscle detail drawn on, which isn't necessary on skin textures as they automatically inherit the base tights muscle detail normal maps. (Setting the muscle slider to minimum should result in a totally flat look to the model but there's still detail, though inverted right now.)

There's still a bit of clipping on the back of the chest wear anime tube top in vixen stance when the chest depth slider goes outside of about the 35-65% range as well. though it is significantly reduced from what it was.

To clarify on the nomral map inversion:

It's not the texture itself that's inverted, its some sort of property of the Anime Tube Top itself somewhere that I'm not familiar with. Since it uses the base muscle detail, which is correct for every other item in the game, but becomes inverted only for the tube top.

Snark never dies.
    edited March 2015

To clarify on the nomral map inversion

Thanks for pointing this out. We've seen inverted normals before, so it isn't as freaky-weird to us as it probably is to players. :-)
  • mutantmaidsmutantmaids Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    What about fixing the 3rd color channel of the Victorian Dress that mysteriously vanished last year? Or finally fixing the Vikorin shoulders for females so one isn't floating halfway to the moon?
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,583 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    The Space Scoundrel Jackets still aren't added to tights and chest wear as originally announced.
    edited March 2015
    kemmicals wrote: »
    Bug: Space Scoundrel jacket texture error when using anything other than cloth material.

Can you get pictures? For I see no errors on my end.
  • kemmicalskemmicals Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    soulforger wrote: »
    Can you get pictures? For I see no errors on my end.

cloth_zpsog64q43f.png
    leather_zpspqfnsomx.png
    metal_zpscybjjxpl.png
    edited March 2015
    kemmicals wrote: »
    cloth_zpsog64q43f.png
    leather_zpspqfnsomx.png
    metal_zpscybjjxpl.png

Ah, I see, it happens on the female, for when I checked the jacket on a male, there was no issue like this.
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    BUG:
    What: A recent patch removed skin textures from Arcane Tattoos sets.
    For example, male toons no longer can have Skin texture on Arcane Tattoo head.

Where: On Live

Thanks

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    BUG:
    What: A recent patch removed skin textures from Arcane Tattoos sets.
    For example, male toons no longer can have Skin texture on Arcane Tattoo head.

Where: On Live

Thanks

Maybe the broken third color on the Victorian skirt could be looked at too.
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • morigosamorigosa Posts: 709 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Male toons no longer can have Skin texture on Arcane Tattoo head.

Note that this does not affect female characters.
    edited March 2015
    We just put up a new build.

Release Notes for FC.31.20141212.18:

Costumes:
    • Space Scoundrel set: Proper fix for the Space Scoundrel long coat.
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • williamkonywilliamkony Posts: 582 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    flyingfinn wrote: »

I wish I could say I'm surprised.

I'm quickly losing faith.
    Dasher@Tool-box, donning his armor to prance into battle and blitz the enemy! No joke!
    Cupid@Tool-box, stunningly radiant stag ready to play matchmaker between villain and arrow!
    Vixon@Tool-box, frighteningly eager to summon despair for his adversaries!
    Jebin Zedalu@Tool-box, elementalist weaponmaster. ...One of these things is not like the others!
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Please UN-fix this !
  • riltmosriltmos Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Can we have this broken again please? I prefer it broken. At least when it was broken, I could pretend it was alive and attacking things like Spawn's outfit.
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,583 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Why are we posting here? Its not like they really read things seriously here.

Can we get devs who actually care now? Not this nice facade.
  • bwdaresbwdares Posts: 1,517 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    This reminds of the poeple who posts up about how we cry about everything. "We want this fixed!" It gets fixed...we still complain. "We want it broken again!"

Well this is why, when things get fixed they get ruined.
    #Mechanon!(completed) #New Zones! #Foundry!
    edited March 2015
    Well, I love the fix, its what was needed.
  • riltmosriltmos Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    soulforger wrote: »
    Well, I love the fix, its what was needed.

It's not even fixed, it still stretches just as much as before, it's just shorter now.
  • jonesing4jonesing4 Posts: 800 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Why are we posting here? Its not like they really read things seriously here.

Can we get devs who actually care now? Not this nice facade.

In all fairness, this is a good question. What real purpose does this section of the forum serve?
  • xydaxydaxydaxyda Posts: 817 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    *Before*

*After*
    Taken today
    Champions%20Online_2015-03-12_19-47-42.jpg

Meanwhile my ninja neck wrap sometimes does this:
    1z3b6gm.jpg

better chop off six inches!
  • sparklisinasparklisina Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    xydaxyda wrote: »
    *Before*

*After*

Meanwhile my ninja neck wrap sometimes does this:
    1z3b6gm.jpg

better chop off six inches!

Fly too close to a tree while in a vehicle and see how much you can warp stuff. Or for that matter, even a blade of grass. I got it to get to about 15 feet the other day.

I didn't have a huge problem with the stretching coat. It was silly but...we're in a comic book. It happens. The coat just doesn't look good at all now. It is far too short and just looks weird. And I don't buy that this was the intended length. All the stuff you put out, all the pics and the vendors were just wrong and no one fixed it? Nah. Nah. I don't think so.

P.S. If you make a whole set that does this? We can have a Symbiote Set. Imagine Venom gettin' all up in your coat and you'll never have a problem with the stretching materials again.

Rose_sig.png
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    It still stretches in a strange, exaggerated fashion, but the coat is shorter.

It isn't a good fix.

Again, a recent patch also damaged the Arcane Tattoos costume.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • deadman20deadman20 Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Suggestion: Perhaps to maximize testing with costume sets it would be best to unlock every costume in the game while on the PTS by default, or at the very least keep every costume set in the Debugger, even the add all of the old sets from Pre-Cryptic North times. This way testers have access to many more combinations to check for errors before they reach Live. We want to be able to test things before they reach Live, but as it stands, there just isn't enough to cross-check against for the best results.
    Steam Guide to Modifications and Equipment (Champions Online) - DZPlayer's Builds (Last updated: 3/26/2018)
    And I will always be @DZPlayer122.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    edited March 2015
    gradii wrote: »
    Actually I want a ninja wrap which is long like that. maybe not THAT long, but waist length.

While we are at it, lets also get on that almost touches the ground.