edited March 2015 in Suggestions Box
how about finally getting some new options for hideouts
Post edited by kage1822 on

Comments

• circleofpsi#4619 circleofpsi Posts: 2,913 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    kage1822 wrote: »

Funny, there is the Hideout rooms that where in-game but still yet to be released. I want this as bad as you do and other people too, but guess they don't care about what we want.

you chuold try contacting costumer support about it?
    Psi.
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Our Costume Support just made the Costume Set prices match the workload.
    Our Hideout Support is currently gazing another galaxies and boldly going where no one has ever boldly gone.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • ninten92ninten92 Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited March 2015

Hideouts were mostly the "Pet Project" of a developer named Tumerboy, he was transferred to STO a few years back to help design ship bridge interiors and the like. I don't really think Cryptic North is too familiar with what TB was planning or working on for any new hideouts, just yet.

I'd like to be pleasantly surprised, though. SG (or larger, team-focused) hideouts would be a good idea, especially if it would involve allocation of old resources. Refurbishing a Sky Command Carrier into a SG 'Hoverbase' wouldn't be a bad idea. Slap some customization rooms and hallways near that center 'hangar opening' room, add a few options for base colors/logos, and environment settings and I'd be more than happy if that's the only SG base we'd get.
    Just another average RPer, costume part collector, and tabletop gamer.

Looking for a lore-based Superhero RPSG? Why not http://earth-guard.shivtr.com/
    ?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited March 2015

Like what? This is the suggestions forum after all... make some suggestions :wink:

For example i would love a "throne room" hideout, with an adjoining bedroom with a magic mirror for the "crime computer" and a giant walk-in closet for the tailor. And make the whole thing pink and yellow and sparkly with ponies :D
  • kage1822kage1822 Posts: 326 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    spinnytop wrote: »
    Like what? This is the suggestions forum after all... make some suggestions :wink:

For example i would love a "throne room" hideout, with an adjoining bedroom with a magic mirror for the "crime computer" and a giant walk-in closet for the tailor. And make the while think pink and yellow and sparkly with ponies :D

maybe some portals to different zones, more tailor options other than the merc arsenal, alien melee/ranged...

perhaps as it is a tailor, something similar to either the tailor in the powerhouse or in ren with mannequins and such

expanded options for the arcane sanctum to add more "arcane" options

space center has an option for runways, perhaps some parked ships off to the side of the runways

more interior design options and colors

maybe an until kiosk

better yet individual hideout drops similar to what they do in dare I say DCUO

more furniture options, floor type options, maybe some tech style for penthouse like in the tech cave or moon bases

more paintings, such as currently only have a cover of Foxbat, but what about some of the other iconic villains and heroes? more social area options.

just a few hideout options that I've been thinking of.

even better yet, what about a SG Hideout available in possibly the questionite store... there's so many other MMOs that have put out guild bases/hideouts that have multiple rooms and such
  • bwdaresbwdares Posts: 1,517 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Another example of the "not gonna happen" list. Or at least, not going to happen for a very long time.
    #Mechanon!(completed) #New Zones! #Foundry!
    edited March 2015
    bwdares wrote: »
    Another example of the "not gonna happen" list. Or at least, not going to happen for a very long time.

A great example of a pointless post since everybody already knows that... but we're still gonna keep suggesting, so get used to it! >:3
  • lestylolestylo Posts: 375 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    ninten92 wrote: »
    I'd like to be pleasantly surprised, though. SG (or larger, team-focused) hideouts would be a good idea, especially if it would involve allocation of old resources. Refurbishing a Sky Command Carrier into a SG 'Hoverbase' wouldn't be a bad idea. Slap some customization rooms and hallways near that center 'hangar opening' room, add a few options for base colors/logos, and environment settings and I'd be more than happy if that's the only SG base we'd get.

That needs to happen. Neverwinter will be getting guild(supergroup)-based hideouts soon so I can imagine the demand for those in this game will be getting louder.
    "I tried to look at that page but saw only inane comments."
  • soulforgersoulforger Posts: 1,649 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I want a candyland hideout.
    edited March 2015
    Personally, I'd like Force Station Steelhead Force Station Steelhead Force Station Steelhead Force Station Steelhead Force Station Steelhead Force Station Steelhead Force Station Steelhead Force Station Steelhead Force Station Steelhead Force Station Steelhead Force Station Steelhead Force Station Steelhead Force Station Steelhead Force Station Steelhead Force Station Steelhead Force Station Steelhead Force Station Steelhead Force Station Steelhead Force Station Steelhead Force Station Steelhead Force Station Steelhead Force Station Steelhead Force Station Steelhead Force Station Steelhead Force Station Steelhead Force Station Steelhead Force Station Steelhead Force Station Steelhead Force Station Steelhead Force Station Steelhead Force Station Steelhead Force Station Steelhead Force Station Steelhead Force Station Steelhead Force Station Steelhead Force Station Steelhead Force Station Steelhead Force Station Steelhead Force Station Steelhead Force Station Steelhead Force Station Steelhead Force Station Steelhead Force Station Steelhead Force Station Steelhead Force Station Steelhead Force Station Steelhead Force Station Steelhead Force Station Steelhead Force Station Steelhead Force Station Steelhead Force Station Steelhead Force Station Steelhead Force Station Steelhead Force Station Steelhead Force Station Steelhead Force Station Steelhead Force Station Steelhead Force Station Steelhead Force Station Steelhead Force Station Steelhead Force Station Steelhead Force Station Steelhead Force Station Steelhead Force Station Steelhead Force Station Steelhead Force Station Steelhead Force Station Steelhead Force Station Steelhead Force Station Steelhead Force Station Steelhead Force Station Steelhead Force Station Steelhead Force Station Steelhead Force Station Steelhead Force Station Steelhead Force Station Steelhead Force Station Steelhead Force Station Steelhead Force Station Steelhead Force Station Steelhead Force Station Steelhead Force Station Steelhead Force Station Steelhead Force Station Steelhead Force Station Steelhead Force Station Steelhead Force Station Steelhead Force Station Steelhead

Force Station Steelhead

That is, the inside of it. It looks so awesome and perfect for most of my characters. I imagine it would be easier to fix up than making a brand new one as well.
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Would it be time to see Project Greenskin base interiors?
    On a mission.
    With Grond.
    In an Event.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • bwdaresbwdares Posts: 1,517 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    A great example of a pointless post since everybody already knows that... but we're still gonna keep suggesting, so get used to it! >:3

And I will keep posting it is pointless until Cryptic proves me wrong.
    #Mechanon!(completed) #New Zones! #Foundry!
  • sparklisinasparklisina Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    The brownstone mansions from Vibora. Like Valerian's or Dr. Ka's. Those would make great hideouts.

I think it was Bluhman (maybe) that had a lot of great ideas concerning hideouts.

Some ideas though:

Special boosts that your hideout could give you daily.

A trophy room showing trophy's for boss kills/perks.

Opening up the rooms that are 'locked' at the moment. The gym would be great for RP stuff and you could put a test dummy or something in there to let people practice without having to be in the powerhouse.

Access to your mail would be nice. Could be like you're checking your e-mail or something. Because even though you can look at it from the icon on the little mappy thing (technical terms here, people. Technical terms) you can't retrieve items or anything from there. I'll have to think of some more while I'm working. >.> Oh...hi boss.

g2g.

<.<

Rose_sig.png
  • ninten92ninten92 Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    lestylo wrote: »
    Personally, I'd like Force Station Steelhead
    That is, the inside of it. It looks so awesome and perfect for most of my characters. I imagine it would be easier to fix up than making a brand new one as well.

I'd settle for that as a Canada-based Social Instance, like Caprice or Minefield is to MC and VB.
    The Desert has a few, Lag-muria has the submarine which counts, (sort of), and I think MI has one too.
    Just another average RPer, costume part collector, and tabletop gamer.

Looking for a lore-based Superhero RPSG? Why not http://earth-guard.shivtr.com/
    ?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2015
    bwdares wrote: »
    And I will keep posting it is pointless until Cryptic proves me wrong.

And nobody will disagree with you. It'll be as if you'd posted "Potato is a food" :biggrin:

lestylo wrote: »

Force Station Steelhead

You'd be surprised how much more difficult/more work conversions can be than creating something from scratch...
    edited March 2015
    You'd be surprised how much more difficult/more work conversions can be than creating something from scratch...

Indeed, that's a very valid point. I keep looking at it simplistically (too much time spent with the Foundry in Neverwinter and Creation Kit will do that) but with scripting tossed into the mix with this engine, I can see that.

But I really want mah Force Station Steelhead hideout. :frown:
  • nextnametakennextnametaken Posts: 2,212 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    The first thing they should do is put a real estate agent NPC in Ren Cen so people actually know the hideouts exists. I've talked to a few gold players who didn't know they get a free one.
    Like me they probably payed a sub for the extra character slots and free form powers and don't know what else they are getting.

The current web site is a horrible terrible marketing tool.
    The fact that the contents of the entire c-store are buried in news update posts on the web page and inside the game store makes the game's features completely inaccessible to a person simply browsing the website.
  • flechusflechus Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    There used to be a Hideout suggestion threads pinned on this section

it was like 40 pages long

http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=132753

I made some layouts on that thread

http://i1174.photobucket.com/albums/r619/cloncas/dojo-gym-f-range-1.jpg

http://i1174.photobucket.com/albums/r619/cloncas/dojo-gym-f-range-2.jpg

It was like a Westside big loft/apartment thing

I picture it with the 3 themes:

Dojo (with an obvious martial arts theme, you know, the Crime Comp/Shared bank being like a Table with Scrolls next to one of those structures where you store scrolls,etc,etc)

Gym (more modern/comtemporary, but not luxurious. kinda like gym on westside where you must save some people from the Cobra Lords)

My other suggestion was a "Personal Arena" hideout idea

The themes could be:

Gladiator Arena (Fantasy/Primal themes)
    Assasin/Mercenary Arena (contemporary/modern themes)
    Sci-Fi/Alien Arena (Future/Alien themed, like for "The unleashed" for example)

Some crappy layouts i made:

http://i1174.photobucket.com/albums/r619/cloncas/Arena1.jpg
    http://i1174.photobucket.com/albums/r619/cloncas/Arena2.jpg
    http://i1174.photobucket.com/albums/r619/cloncas/Arena3.jpg

Also, stuff like the Chains holding the structure could change per theme:
    In the Gladiator Arena they look like chains.
    In the Assasin/Merc Arena they look like Metal wires (like the ones used in modern bridges)
    I the Sci-fi Arena they would look like wires made of Energy.

I had a 3rd one that i never finished, it was like a personal mini-sub concept

But in the current state we are in, i doubt we will ever get the hideouts revisited

I support "Sell Z-store items individually" & Japan Zone