test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Anyone notice any costume bugs popping up?

roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
I have several toons that use the Arcane Tattoos costume piece on the head. I used the "skin" material option, to match the same material option (skin) on the body.

When I logged on with such a toon today (first time in a couple weeks), I found that the head color was off, with the wrong texture. When I went into the costume editor, I see that the Arcane Tattoos on the head had switched to cloth material, without using the special skin color palette. On another toon, it was set to leather material, again causing a mismatch with the chest piece.

What happened? Anyone else see something like this for Arcane Tattoos or another costume part?

Did ending the Timewarp event mess with something else?

Am I being delusional? Did the Arcane Tattoo pattern never have a skin option for the head piece?

Gah!

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
Post edited by roughbearmattach on

Comments

• Options
    edited March 2015
    Seems I'm not the only one.

Arcane Tattoos Head no longer has a skin texture.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    alexofspades#2085 alexofspades Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Female arcane tatoo legs are cloth or skin, no leather or metal. I've heard people say they're looking into it though, together with the Scoundrel jacket's issues.
    ERgLqqC.png
  • Options
    foulbaconfoulbacon Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    When I logged on, I received a similar bug. This was a new character I made just that day and I made him as I wanted on the character creation screen. When I got into the game though, all of his armour was gone. He had chest plate things and leg armour but it just isn't there. Also I used a texture on his skin but now in-game he is bare-chested. The only things that kept was his face, his cape and the colour scheme his gauntlets and his boots (though the boots are slightly discoloured I believe).
  • Options
    kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I've noticed several boot options clip with female legs, regardless of how thick or thin the legs are.
  • Options
    decorumfriendsdecorumfriends Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    foulbacon may have a different insect:

When I logged on, I received a similar bug. This was a new character I made just that day and I made him as I wanted on the character creation screen. When I got into the game though, all of his armour was gone. He had chest plate things and leg armour but it just isn't there. Also I used a texture on his skin but now in-game he is bare-chested. The only things that kept was his face, his cape and the colour scheme his gauntlets and his boots (though the boots are slightly discoloured I believe).

That might not be this bug. There's a long-standing bug in the costumer that will sometimes show you costume parts you don't own, and if you use them, you come out the other end with them missing. Always be sure to click the "don't show costumes I don't own" (or whatever it's labeled) box, at the very least for a final check-through.
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • Options
    jennymachxjennymachx Posts: 3,000 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Female anime hairstyle has a bald spot at the top area of the head.

Long dress makes my toon's shin textures completely disappear. I think it has to do with some body scale adjustment because strangely enough this doesn't happen on another toon.

I'll post some screenshots soon.
  • Options
    carrionbaggagecarrionbaggage Posts: 721 Community Moderator
    edited March 2015
    jennymachx wrote: »
    Female anime hairstyle has a bald spot at the top area of the head.

I believe that one's an issue with the Cheeks slider, and the devs are currently working on a fix. Hopefully they can sort out the problem soon, but in the meantime you can give yourself some digital hairplugs by moving the Cheeks slider to the middle.
  • Options
    themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    The third color for the Victorian skirt broke a couple of patches after it was released.....still not fixed.
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    This bug is more like the Victorian Skirt. When released, the Arcane Tattoos textures worked as planned, no problems.

Then, two patches ago, they didn't. The Skin texture disappeared from the Head model part.

• Options
    stratluverstratluver Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    That might not be this bug. There's a long-standing bug in the costumer that will sometimes show you costume parts you don't own, and if you use them, you come out the other end with them missing. Always be sure to click the "don't show costumes I don't own" (or whatever it's labeled) box, at the very least for a final check-through.

There's a new twist to that bug. It tells me that I own sets that I know for a fact I don't.

And an old bug that never got fixed. (Male) Head and hairs>Humanoid>Humanoid Oiled Skin---broken for at least 3 years if not 4.

• Options
    morigosamorigosa Posts: 710 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    stratluver wrote: »
    There's a new twist to that bug. It tells me that I own sets that I know for a fact I don't.

Note that this bug only happens when you first log in from the launcher. If you enter game and then go to switch characters, or if you log out and then log back in from within the game (rather than the launcher's auto-login), then you will get an accurate representation of which costume sets you have.

While the bug is long-standing, the behavior of having the parts come out missing is new: this used to disconnect you instead. So... maybe slightly better than it used to be? Still a really horrible new player experience, and something that has caused people to quit before they even gave the game a chance, or to come to the forums yelling about "bait-and-switch" tactics by the devs.
    This bug is more like the Victorian Skirt. When released, the Arcane Tattoos textures worked as planned, no problems.

Then, two patches ago, they didn't. The Skin texture disappeared from the Head model part.

More precision needed: I just tested this yesterday, and - for female characters - skin is still an option with the arcane tattoos head. Guessing you're working with a male character?
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Yes, morigosa--male toons. I made a more detailed note on the PTS thread, noting the model part and gender of the toons with the problem.

However, there seems to be a similar problem: aurinkosi reports that metal and leather textures don't exist for female toons on the leg model.

I use Arcane tattoos on three different male toons, and all three have exactly the same problem: skin texture disappeared on the male head model part.

• Options
    jennymachxjennymachx Posts: 3,000 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I believe that one's an issue with the Cheeks slider, and the devs are currently working on a fix. Hopefully they can sort out the problem soon, but in the meantime you can give yourself some digital hairplugs by moving the Cheeks slider to the middle.

Great to know. Thanks.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    stratluver has a new one on me:

And an old bug that never got fixed. (Male) Head and hairs>Humanoid>Humanoid Oiled Skin---broken for at least 3 years if not 4.

This looked pretty "oily" to me. Is it supposed to be more "oily" than that?

Serious question, no sarcasm.

dLEXHPxi.png
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Check the head:wink:. The body works fine.

• Options
    edited March 2015
    'Swhat I'm saying. It hard for me to tell what it's supposed to look like, as you indicate it was broken before I got here, and frankly, I only got a graphics card that could see this stuff a couple of months ago. :redface:

It looked more oily than the regular when I made it, but I'd also screwed around with a couple of other parts (like that "eye glow" that's actually cheekbone coloring).
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    You'll notice that the body has a sheen. If you go back into the tailor and go through the head options you'll notice that the oily option is just the regular skin look. Try playing with black skin tone. It'll show it better.

• Options
    edited March 2015
    Oh, I believe you. Just explaining why I even had to ask. :tongue:
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png