What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Become Quadrupedals!

vorshothvorshoth Posts: 596 Arc User
edited March 2015 in Suggestions Box
Ladies.
Look at your hero.
Then back to this post.
Your hero is a humanoid shaped creature.

Now look up. Diagonally through time. Down.

Your hero is now a horse.

Okay, so what I am suggesting is that we have some Become X devices that let us become a certain animal, partly for roleplay "I, the great Gazoo will now transform into a BUNNY RABBIT!"
and partly for freedom.

I am sure fans of goat simulator would like a horse-head esque jiggle eyes goat.

Basically, throw in some quadrupeds using the existing models, like the wolves, bears, kzash hounds, basic attacks, you know, bite, a lunge, etc, nothing too fancy. At most transforming causes a threat wipe, but your powers are restricted to that of the Become like the older Becomes.
[SIGNATURE REDACTED]
Post edited by vorshoth on

Comments

• bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I suggested this a while back - part of a suggestion of 'become' devices that allow you to turn into stuff completely impossible with the current character editor, including:
    • Wolf
    • Bear
    • Raptor
    • 4-armed brute
    Could be cool to include it either as an entirely marketable become device, or as a potential power for a Primal Sorcery Awakened AT.
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

• pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    One issue is that, without a bunch of work, you might be able to turn into an existing nonhumanoid model such as a dog or raptor, but you wouldn't have access to any emotes that aren't implemented for that model.
  • riltmosriltmos Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    But having no emotes doesn't stop the flood of vehicles we have, which also don't allow us to emote while using. I would love an animal transformation power or device, I have a few concepts that would love it.
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    One issue is that, without a bunch of work, you might be able to turn into an existing nonhumanoid model such as a dog or raptor, but you wouldn't have access to any emotes that aren't implemented for that model.

I'm not sure why you would need the emotes. I mean... you're a horse... are you going to start dancing?

I don't really see the draw here for making these devices. I mean, a become horse device? what powers would you have while using it.. seems very limited.

On the other hand, as a power:

Horse Form: You turn into a horse. While in horse form, you have dramatically increased movement speed, but reduced turning speed; also you have increased defense, and your energy slowly charges to full. As your speed increases, you get a constant PBAoE that deals crushing damage, and knocks down targets. At highest speeds, the knock down becomes a knock back.

Throw that into one of the sorcery trees (probably Primal Sorcery) and viola, it's a cool thing.

Then, when they make a bunch more transformation powers, they can throw them all into an Archetype, and that can be the next Awakened Archetype (The Changeling), which you have to level to 40 before you can use the new powers with your other freeforms.
  • lestylolestylo Posts: 375 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    A changeling AT would be very nice. I've been using devices to simulate such and it's simply not the same. DCUO has something of a changeling powerset which is fun but it's also rather limited.
    "I tried to look at that page but saw only inane comments."