test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Questionite's melting point...

foxypersonfoxyperson Posts: 251 Arc User
There's nothing about it in the books, right?
Post edited by foxyperson on

Comments

• flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    My melting point to Q came abit after 2.7Million Q.
    Well, only Destreum is better.
    Would Questionite be in a class of Marvel's Adamantium and Antartic Vibranium?
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • bulgarexbulgarex Posts: 2,310 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    No, there's no mention of questionite's melting point in the PnP books. It's one of those comic-book-inspired "super metals" that's as tough as the story requires it to be.

Although in the CU neutronium is even stronger than questionite, it's also a great deal denser and heavier. OTOH questionite blades are uncannily sharp, able to cut through nearly anything.

To put it in superhero comic terms, questionite is what your Wolverine-homage's claws are made of. Neutronium is what your Ultron-homage's chassis is made of.
    edited March 2015
    As for destreum, aside from it being a "super-strong alloy" invented by Dr. Destroyer, the books don't specify where it ranks compared to questionite or neutronium.

This thread over on the Champions Online Role Players website lists and describes a number of official unique CU materials.
  • foxypersonfoxyperson Posts: 251 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    That link is a treasure trove of lore for tinker characters. Thanks!
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,589 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I believe its so rare that its not really used for any large production use (like weapons or armor) and is used solely for research until they can figure out how to make the most of it without ruining quality.
    edited March 2015
    While questionite is supposed to be rare (despite PCs in CO accumulating piles of it) :rolleyes: and isn't used in mass production, it's far from impossible to get one's hands on. Several official supervillains use questionite-bladed weapons, and Millennium City's premiere underworld armorer, Wayland Talos, has produced such weapons on contract.

Most other unique materials in the setting are similarly rare. Kendrium may be an exception. The super-steel alloy invented by Dr. Daryl Kendrick makes up the entire hull of UNTIL's nuclear submarine, the Aegir.
  • joybuzzerxjoybuzzerx Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    bulgarex wrote: »
    While questionite is supposed to be rare (despite PCs in CO accumulating piles of it) :rolleyes: and isn't used in mass production, it's far from impossible to get one's hands on. Several official supervillains use questionite-bladed weapons, and Millennium City's premiere underworld armorer, Wayland Talos, has produced such weapons on contract.

Most other unique materials in the setting are similarly rare. Kendrium may be an exception. The super-steel alloy invented by Dr. Daryl Kendrick makes up the entire hull of UNTIL's nuclear submarine, the Aegir.

Whew, because I say questionite makes up for every zipper and buckle on my main's outfit! Also, lined through the dogz collar. :p
    edited March 2015
    It appears that questionite has entered the public consciousness on Champions Earth. For example, the private security company called Bastion Alpha Security has a secret process to physically augment the guards it employs, up to low-level-superhuman status. The tougher the guards, the more expensive to hire. Based on their degree of augmentation, Bastion Alpha guards are classed as Bronze, Gold, Iron, Steel, and the strongest, Questionite.
  • elementalistgaiaelementalistgaia Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    of course it's always worth noting that like other rare things the lore was written with the table top RPG in mind which would mean there would be at most five or six Questionite Power Armor wearing Demonic Manimal Heroes in the world as opposed to how the MMO is where there's hundreds of people running around decked out in Questionite gear or with demon blood or animal tails or whatever.
    edited March 2015
    I searched my Champions PnP source books and could find only three official characters who use questionite. All villains, all for bladed weapons (knives and a sword). One of them, Stiletto, had his knives made for him by Wayland Talos. Outside of them it's very grey as to how much questionite is around, who has it, and how difficult it is to get (but it obviously can't be easy, or more people would be using it).