test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Costume parts you want

xcaligaxxcaligax Posts: 1,096 Arc User
So yeah, title says it all. Post yours.

What I really have been wanting for the longest time, is the Gladiator's mace hand, as shown here in this screenshot.

screenshot_2015_02_20_19_09_15.jpg
Post edited by xcaligax on

Comments

• bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    For starters, this knight helmet:
    Black_Knight_Action_Figure.png

And the loincloth underneath the hip armor would also be cool I guess.
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

• meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited February 2015
    All the unused weapon models visible in hideouts.

Moar gunz.
  • dr490nbr347hidr490nbr347hi Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Everything we can't use.

@dr490nbr347hi / Playing since January 25, '11
    Display normal Internet behavior. Come and make fun (yes, make fun) of my PRIMUS page.
  • morigosamorigosa Posts: 710 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Psionic dragon head accessories in all head categories.

All of the pre-on-alert unlocks back in the game. (Someone had to say this.)

Something new in the Q store. Or even something old in the queue store - old grab bag costume pieces, say?

Hip Wear usable with belts. Shorts / short skirts usable with beast legs. Long gloves usable with bracers. All the neck pieces usable with the chest wear category. (Seriously, why do I have to use the 'robot arm' category if I want the dragon necklace and one of the chains chest pieces?) And so on and so forth.
  • gorinzachiangorinzachian Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    A t-shirt that shows off the belly button. In short and long sleeves.
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Longer hair. Hair that goes all the way down to your waist. It doesn't even have to have physics... though that would of course be cool. Basically all the long hair styles we have now... just loooooooonger.

Beast heads that look cute... you know what I mean ~.^ and for all animals! Or at least more of them.

More types of clawed hands and feet.

More strappy things with spikes on them.

Some more frilly princess stuff.
  • monaahirumonaahiru Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    The Long twin tail hair. o3o
    BE35-pvCIAAv2U8.jpg
    20121107_masuwakatsubasa_23.jpg
    And sailor suit for both boys and girls.
    ef2aa48c.png
    edited February 2015
  • heroshima1heroshima1 Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Face tattoos
    Claws (and not the strap on kind): 3/2/1 claws; bone, metal, psi, energy, etc
    more alien faces, bits and parts
  • chimerafreekchimerafreek Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Gladiator Mace hand, Gladiator Sword hand
    Mechassassin/Argent robot parts (The Vertical Mechassassin shield, the robot head, ect)
    The Mechanon Torso and hips we deliberately DIDN'T get for some reason
    An ACTUAL boxing glove that's always balled into a fist (So it never loses the round shape like the mitten does)

And any Melee weapon that can have it's material changed, particularly so I could make single hand melee weapon invisible via black Holo/psi materiel, then I could sword cyclone with my fists (sorta).
    For right now, all parts in all materials (leather, metal, and cloth at least).
  • crosschancrosschan Posts: 920 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    -All the Non-Unique Flagged Unlocks sitting in the Live Files that nothing in this game uses, including the Weapon Geos. There is, IMO, more than enough of this stuff sitting around to..
    *Give every Alert Boss who doesn't have an unlock drop one.
    *Release 1 Weapon Geo Pack in the Z-store per month for the rest of this year(easily).
    *Pretty much DOUBLE the amount of unlocks purchasable in all the various tier Recognition Stores and the Q-Store.
    *Sprinkle a few unlocks into the zones in the game(perhaps on those random unique spawns which either get you a kill perk or nothing. I do not mean Cosmics) and then....don't tell people where to get them. Just tell people there are unlocks out there and wait for a few people to find them and then watch the hype spread over where to get them and such.

-Roughly half of the Unique Flagged Unlocks sitting in the Live Files that are flagged Unique for no good reason(seriously, bibbed overalls are Unique).

-The return of all the costume unlocks lost because of On Alert put back into the game where they were before On Alert happened. This, IMO, would encourage people to go out and do more Missions and other PvE. Example: Put the Redeye and A1-Striker Blaster Unlocks back into the Biselle OM and I suspect the mayor will not have a shortage of heroes lining up to keep him safe. :cool:

-Bring back the Roxstar Event which allowed players to earn grab bags(Earth in the beginning and ALL at the end). I honestly do not care if you completely remove the FF Slot Option from the bags but I know a ton of people who would like to get their hands on Cursed/Scourge/Earth Unlocks that they either missed or they weren't even playing CO when this event originally happened. Also, put a way for people to earn the AF into the event please. I have mine but alot of people don't have one and it would just be nice IMO.

-Bring back the Z-Store Vehicle Sale which gave players that cool Gladiator Helm. Every single time I show up in the PH Theatre in a costume that uses that helm I get 2-3 tells and sometimes a local conversation about what it is, where it came from, and people either wanting it or regretting they missed it the 1st time because they thought it would be offered again...and it never was offered again. More Vehicle Sales = More Money...right?

Ok, so after all this old/unused stuff is injected into the game(at what I would guess is less effort than making this many new items) THEN let's revisit this thread and see what's missing that we'd like to have. Honestly, with the exception of a few Unique/Iconic pieces(And even that is open to debate in all honesty), there really should not be anything in this game I see on a mob/NPC/AF that I cannot obtain in some way and use to make a costume.

P.S. If this is implimented then I would ask the devs to be somewhat mindful of rarity. Sure it's nice to have some things be rare and some things should be rare but Old Cryptic, IMO, took this a tad too far. IMO, there should be Common, Uncommon, Rare, and Super Rare but let's shy away from .001% Ultra-Rare as much as is possible. Also, can we PLEASE color code these items correctly so that the Purple Dirt Commons don't flood our poor inferior AH? :wink:

P.S.S.
    For right now, all parts in all materials (leather, metal, and cloth at least).
    Oh yeah, and this times 1000. :biggrin:
    2s9bzbq.jpg
  • tfavsb10tfavsb10 Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    most of the good stuff is lockboxed anyways no point to this game
  • kemmicalskemmicals Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Some decent insect parts and maybe multiple limbs?
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Feathery and/or draconic wings in Psi Holo and Holoforce.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • kharma23kharma23 Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    For all parts that have spikes and fins to have an option to NOT have spikes and fins.

You're a lunatic with a mad man's dream of a milk proof robot!

Some decent insect parts and maybe multiple limbs?

This, There's no excuse not to include it, We don't care if it looks odd with the clipping, so let us decide if we want to use it or not.
    belly shirt and great new hairstyles!
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    edited February 2015
  • biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    This, There's no excuse not to include it, We don't care if it looks odd with the clipping, so let us decide if we want to use it or not.

No excuse not to use it? Surely you wouldn't mind the clipping, but what about goofy limbs that don't animate?
    biffsig.jpg
  • chimerafreekchimerafreek Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    No excuse not to use it? Surely you wouldn't mind the clipping, but what about goofy limbs that don't animate?

Some might be bothered by it, others might not care, even if they just float there like the psionic ones, people would use it.

It's still better to be an option that clips weird and doesn't move than to not be an option at all.

Of course it'd be nice if they DID manage to animate it, but I'm not asking for miracles.
    Some might be bothered by it, others might not care, even if they just float there like the psionic ones, people would use it.

It's still better to be an option that clips weird and doesn't move than to not be an option at all.

Nope.

It's not that simple from a game designer/publisher point of view.

Having something like that implemented is a risk that someone may see the game as even more unpolished and bugged.

A minor graphical glitch or clipping can pass, but something obvious and big very likely will not.

People on forums might claim they won't care, but the game publisher also must be taking into account all people who might care.
  • biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Nope.

Having something like that implemented is a risk that someone may see the game as even more unpolished and bugged.

A minor graphical glitch or clipping can pass, but something obvious and big very likely will not.

People on forums might claim they won't care, but the game publisher also must be taking into account all people who might care.

Maybe if they just make extra limbs and have all their bones/vertices set to jiggle physics. Would look both less and more goofy all at the same time! Haha.
    biffsig.jpg
  • thistleswift1thistleswift1 Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Chef's. hat and an apron ... rolling pin, pizza spatula heavy weapon skins. Smaller spatula melee weapon skin. A pretty bow that goes on the back of the head. A thousand times agree with whoever said longer hairdos. Maybe use something like the head cape that is on the qlipthothic (sp? ) helmet for this effect. A nice wooly sweater. Socks without shoes. A princess cone hat with optional scarf attached to the top. Bunny slippers. Glass lenses for the older spectacles and glasses. Leather and metal textures on all hairs. Probably more, but this tablet is not made for quick responses and I gotta get back to work.
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Too many to mention. Nothing speciific. So....

tumblr_lybsxhsart1r2j273.gif

EVERYTHING!!!

(and Costume Sets that don't cost 3000Zen of Cosmic Keys...)
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • epeleskerepelesker Posts: 307 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I'll throw a vote in for those extra limbs. That's one of the main things I've wanted for a while, though I can really only imagine the PSI Brute ones working as a possible aura.
    ----
    Heroic Roleplayer @epelesker | PRIMUS Database Moderator | Brigade Advocate
  • stratluverstratluver Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I'm just an old fashioned hero type.

Moar Tights Please :biggrin:

Just plain ole basic tights. No pads, buckles, armor...nada. 3-4 colors and I'll be happy.

• roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I want more of the clothing options that enemy factions have.

*Proper loincloths, like those worn by the Beastmen
    *Plain leather crossbelts, like those worn by the Pirate Nemesis minions
    *Ghostly bottom half/no-legs option

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    1. Attack Toys-Toy Bear parts
    2. Foxbatbots' Camera and Microphone Heads
    3. EVERY SINGLE Unused costume which was Digged in the code and was posted in the Gallery of the Wasted Potential I REALLY Need the BOAR head for one of my characters who... well... is a Boar

oh let me just quote the whole thing
      kaizerin wrote: »
      Not quiiite thread necromancy.
      List of costumes set as unlocks. This is not to be confused with NPC restricted costumes.
      This is probably not a complete list.

Ripped Boot
      Most likely went with the Avian set.

Wide Cloth
      Differs from Draped Cloth.

Sci Fi Boot Cyberlord
      Cyberlord boots.

Steampunk Rocketboot (F)
      An unused unlock for the winter event.

Goggles Steampunk 02

Steampunk Mask 01 (M)

Armadillo
      Armadillo unlock.

Armadillo
      Armadillo unlock.

Armadillo
      Armadillo unlock.

Armor Superconductor (F)
      Males have this.

Enviro Replicator Reclaimer

Mechaniste
      Mechaniste unlock.

Side Cape Forked

Cybermind
      Cybermind unlock.

Cybermind
      Cybermind unlock.

Armor Cyber Cable
      Cybermind unlock.

Herculan
      Herculan unlock. Head is slightly outdated and buggy.

Herculan
      Herculan unlock.

Neck Stretcher

Demon Wing Arcane
      This was meant for the recognition venders.

Leech
      Leech unlock.

Dreadlocks Long
      Viperia unlock.

Boar
      Hyenaswine unlock. Not quite sized properly.

Extreme Spiked
      Hyenaswine unlock.

Crown Eclipse
      Eclipse unlock.

Knight
      Trumpknight unlock.

Sideburns (F)

Colossus (F)
      This accompanies the Colossus head. Males get this.

Rhino
      White Rhino unlock. Not sized properly.

Rhino
      White Rhino unlock.

Wrap with end
      Differs slightly from Wrap.

Tech2

Ancient Armor (M)
      Possibly left out from the Ancient Lemurian set.

Defender

Defender (M)

Jacket Biker Sleeveless (F)
      Dogz unlock.

Tank Top Dogz (M)
      Dogz unlock.

---

Phoenix Flight

Shadow Wings

Cybernetic Ninja Katana

Djinn Scimitar

Sorcery Fireblade

I am separating the above costumes as they are attached to other items in game.
      While they are tagged as an unlock it's most likely due to how they're used.

bluhman wrote: »
    For starters, this knight helmet:
    Black_Knight_Action_Figure.png

And the loincloth underneath the hip armor would also be cool I guess.

costume_knight.jpg

I think that's the one, it's Unavailable for players but it's on the Code waiting to happen
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    The Gladiator Shoulder pads that used to drop in Nem Con.

Also, any costume piece that DOES scale with Large-bodied characters.
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I dont need anymore myself but it would be nice to see Caliga's head nerfed into a tin of Pikachu Spam due to that fact the only word he knows is his own name :P
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • gtw891gtw891 Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    A Kill Bill/Enter the Dragon track suit
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    gtw891 wrote: »
    A Kill Bill/Enter the Dragon track suit

That's already in game, using tights and wrinkle details.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • novarockznovarockz Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I feel they need to finish the rest of the web parts, all we have is the mask and pants. A mask and an emblem is what I feel is needed from the set. It would also be nice if we had another pair of insect eyes only this time it should be flat and not pop out. This one goes for the eyes as well, make them cloth metal and leather materials for the outline and inside of it. It should also be a lot more reflective in my opinion.
  • captainhunter1captainhunter1 Posts: 409 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Three musketeers style hat with plume.

Tabard for the above.

And a nice Rapier/foil type sword. (the closest one in-game is too bulky)
  • ashensnowashensnow Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I would love to see an energy bow with energy arrows. Think archery version of the ego blades concept.

'Caine, miss you bud. Fly high.
  • guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I want to be able to make fat heroes. If this could only be done though costume parts then I'm all for this.
  • rianfrostrianfrost Posts: 578 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    the big one for me would be what people were calling "ninja pants" basically bulky pants that still show knee length boots. for coh vets, they were the tucked-in option. thumbnailaspx.jpg

my perennial request in superheor mmos that seemingly never actually gets put in, despite being ubiquitous in manga and martial arts themed comics, fighting games and even in the popular spider man movie. a cheongsam seems to show up in the cheap freemmos. but not the ones i enjoy playing Ley3_2.jpg and while we are at it, lets see if we can get a kimono too.

and next, soemthing i thought would be good for a urban vigilante type character, motorcross/goalie armor 10470648-used-hockey-equipment.jpg
    and finally, while we have shirts that are close a more closed version of a eastern top with wide sleeves for a miko type character. Kikyo055.jpg
    edited February 2015
    Hakurei.Reimu.full.814758.jpg

That top, and those "sleeves".

And that skirt.

And the bow.

And the hairstyle o(>w<)o
  • kemmicalskemmicals Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Nope.

Gonna have to agree with you on that. As much as it would be nice to have multiple limbs available, you'd also have problems with models clipping and the possibility of having to make another torso model and costume pieces made especially for this model. It might be more trouble than it's worth.
  • gtw891gtw891 Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    That's already in game, using tights and wrinkle details.

Close but not quite. I want something with a solid single stripe along the sides.
  • riltmosriltmos Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Anchor, stop sign, and spear skin for heavy weapons.

Tucked in pants.

Twin long scarf cape.

Valarian Scarlet's long sleeves.

A cloak, and not a bed sheet type.

legless option like what the void horror has.

Closed long coat.

Cosmic star skin like the DCUO one.
  • guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Hey, could we get something simple? Like pants for female medium skirt? It would be nice to have pants on under the trench coat.
  • rianfrostrianfrost Posts: 578 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    guyhumual wrote: »
    It would be nice to have pants on under the trench coat.
    that is not my experience.:biggrin:
  • yuzhnatayuzhnata Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Proper Hat and hair options for Beast heads.
  • heroshima1heroshima1 Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    New effects for munition and energy weapons, such as the qulaar organic weapon effects

Pretty much everything mentioned above added throughout the current gaming achievement options, such as the recognition vendors, Drifter, Q Store, Z Store, Lock Boxes, and open world drops.

Seriously, a lot of this stuff is sitting in the code already waiting to be used. If a company with few resources want the biggest bang for the buck, they can open these up all at once and make a ton of money, or they can release them monthly to create a steady income stream throughout the year.
  • novarockznovarockz Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    7Kq8ItG.png

That would be so cool to have in game. DCUO has something like this.
    BugGoggles_zpscb88782a.jpg

I'd make this the same price as the iconic emblems being 50 so they could be 50 as well because it's not a whole set.

or even an iconic chest emblem like how superman has his.
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Everything Spordelia created and submitted into the player concept to game creation contest, that for some reason didn't win. (That is not to say I am unappreciative of what did win)

IMO, it's a style that we lack in CO. May not be everyone's opinion but as for what I'd like to see...this covers it.
    cofashionset.jpg

cofashionset02.jpg

cfset.jpg

cfretrohair.jpg

and all the other things she mentioned linked in my sig "<A fantastic idea for a New Costume Set.>"