test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Please remove Club Caprice

scorpagorscorpagor Posts: 607 Arc User
edited February 2015 in Champions Online Discussion
I'm being serious here.

Roleplay in CC is a joke.

The vast majority of people there just use it to advertise their personal kinks for use in erotic roleplay. This is bad enough in itself, but then there are the people who engage in the aforementioned ERP with childlike characters, often explicitly stating in their biographies that they're kids. I don't even need to begin to explain how messed up this is. The presence of these characters tells me thet Cryptic most likely lacks the amount of mods needed to deal with these people.

So maybe removing the primary RP-hotspot is a solution. Without it, these degenerates will hopefully leave the game or at the very least confine themselves to their hideouts, away from the public eye.

Please consider this option. The ERP crowd in this game is getting out of hand, I don't want CO to become a safe haven for child molesters.
Post edited by scorpagor on

Comments

• neuraldamageneuraldamage Posts: 590 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Ooh this thread ought to be fun.

People are broken. - Lum the Mad
  • xydaxydaxydaxyda Posts: 817 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    A little extreme I think.

How about:
    A. RP someplace else.
    B. Report underage erp characters.

as tempting as it sounds... nuking club caprice will not solve the problem.
  • acrosscatacrosscat Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    xydaxyda wrote: »
    A little extreme I think.

How about:
    A. RP someplace else.
    B. Report underage erp characters.

as tempting as it sounds... nuking club caprice will not solve the problem.

Yesss. Shaming off of Cryptic/ARC bounds has its merits.
    ____GREAT LEADERS LET THEIR ACTIONS SPEAK FOR THEMSELVES.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    But then they'll just do it in Zone Chat. Is that what you want?
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Just put a Fallout dome over it
  • sistersiliconsistersilicon Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    spinnytop wrote: »
    But then they'll just do it in Zone Chat. Is that what you want?

This.

Club Caprice is not for role playing. Club Caprice is a honeypot designed to capture people who have no business role playing but do so anyway, so they can be quarantined from the general population. (Considering some of the squicky stuff that goes on in there, my use of "quarantined" includes the infectious disease sense of the word.)

:wink:
    Choose your enemies carefully, because they will define you / Make them interesting, because in some ways they will mind you
    They're not there in the beginning, but when your story ends / Gonna last with you longer than your friends
  • angelphoenix12angelphoenix12 Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    scorpagor wrote: »
    I'm being serious here.

Roleplay in CC is a joke.

The vast majority of people there just use it to advertise their personal kinks for use in erotic roleplay. This is bad enough in itself, but then there are the people who engage in the aforementioned ERP with childlike characters, often explicitly stating in their biographies that they're kids. I don't even need to begin to explain how messed up this is. The presence of these characters tells me thet Cryptic most likely lacks the amount of mods needed to deal with these people.

So maybe removing the primary RP-hotspot is a solution. Without it, these degenerates will hopefully leave the game or at the very least confine themselves to their hideouts, away from the public eye.

Please consider this option. The ERP crowd in this game is getting out of hand, I don't want CO to become a safe haven for child molesters.

You do know you do not have you go into CC, I strongly doubt pwe will remove this seeing as CC is the primary role playing area. If someone's bio offends you report them otherwise other people who are doing nothing will also be punished is this truly what you want?
    Again here is another solution do not go to CC then you wont have to bother with the rp crowd. Also you do know you can turn off global chat.
    Everythime I go there people are rping their City of to co universe.
  • meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited February 2015
    There's already a report tool ingame and in ARC.

PWE gave a handy basis for reporting people:

2d9efk8.jpg

It seems not enough people bothers to report. *shrug*

Also, reports should be credible. Not hysterical, not written like "ban them now !!!!11111oneoneone", no edited screenshots nor links to edited screenshots on some third party sites (and unedited screenshot means "not touched at all", not even cropped nor any fragments of it removed), no silly things like chat logs in text files (because a "proof" that can be edited with a notepad is hardly credible at all).

And you have better chance of having someone reported if you can report date and time as well.

Oh.
    Having more than a one GM would certainly help as well, lol.

Though, probably playing underage characters shouldn't be allowed at all. Less problems that way.
  • itsbrou#5396 itsbrou Posts: 1,777 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    That's like asking for Carl's Gym to be removed because someone might enact daddy/coach-underage player erp.

Or Belle Steele's Saloon, because there might be underage erp there, too.

Or any RP location, really.

I know the devs won't comply with this. It's an absurd request.

What they can do is add some chatter to the bouncer outside that says "Can I see some ID?"
    Brou in Cryptic games.
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,315 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I just steer clear of CC. It's easier on me, it's easier on them. If I ever did want to engage in heavy-duty RP (which isn't easy for me - typing doesn't come to me naturally enough to make RP work out), I'll go someplace a little less associated with ERP. No problem.

Besides, if CC were eliminated, who would we poke fun at all day? Defender? Too easy.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    jonsills wrote: »
    I just steer clear of CC. It's easier on me, it's easier on them. If I ever did want to engage in heavy-duty RP (which isn't easy for me - typing doesn't come to me naturally enough to make RP work out), I'll go someplace a little less associated with ERP. No problem.

Besides, if CC were eliminated, who would we poke fun at all day? Defender? Too easy.

Defender: let's fap these miscreants between us!
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,315 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Defender: let's fap these miscreants between us!
    He'll penetrate through the other side...
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • arimikamiarimikami Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    First, not everyone that goes to Caprice is looking for that. Some just aren't looking for it and some are new players or they don't know where else to go to find RP.

Second, that won't stop people from engaging in questionable activities. They'll just find a new location to gather for it.

Third, running and hiding from it won't make it go away. If you want to see a decrease in that kind of RP in Caprice, you're going to have to reclaim Caprice. No, I'm not talking about harassing people that RP in a manner that you don't agree with. Simply go and RP there. Show people that ERP is not the end all, be all of RP. It has a cumulative effect. Take a RPer that has atrocious grammar and RP habits and put them with a group of people that are much better writers. That RPer wills tart making an effort to do better. The opposite is also true where you take a good writer and put them with people that use leet speak and emoticons in their RP. You'll see the quality of that RPer's writing take a nosedive. It's a very, 'When in Rome', kind of thing. People just go along with the herd. If you want to change it, you have to do it from within.
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Though, probably playing underage characters shouldn't be allowed at all. Less problems that way.

Or maybe that should continue to be allowed s( u3u )z I mean hey, they wear tights a lot in there, maybe those should not be allowed just for less problems?

Also they should bring back those crafting areas for people to rp in.
  • kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Oh yeah, bright idea Einstein. And when Club Caprice is gone, the freaks that live in there will be set loose everywhere else.

Honestly, always think about the Law of Unintended Consequences.
    edited February 2015
    spinnytop wrote: »
    Or maybe that should continue to be allowed s( u3u )z I mean hey, they wear tights a lot in there, maybe those should not be allowed just for less problems?

Also they should bring back those crafting areas for people to rp in.

I think they are back. I'm pretty certain the one for magic can be accessed. I don't know about the others but, that's because I don't know where they are.
  • acrosscatacrosscat Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    arimikami wrote: »
    I think they are back. I'm pretty certain the one for magic can be accessed. I don't know about the others but, that's because I don't know where they are.

Invention too. Mutation is still out. No martial arts dojo either.
    ____GREAT LEADERS LET THEIR ACTIONS SPEAK FOR THEMSELVES.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dr490nbr347hidr490nbr347hi Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    CC may be a cesspit, But it's keeping all the....less desirables out of Zone.

And TBH, Zone is bad enough as it is.

@dr490nbr347hi / Playing since January 25, '11
    Display normal Internet behavior. Come and make fun (yes, make fun) of my PRIMUS page.
  • guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,387 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I hang out in Caprice all the time, I haven't seen any under age ERP and I haven't even been involved with any completely adult and consensual vanilla ERP never mind anything kinky, creepy, or potentially illegal. I can assure you that that sort of thing doesn't happen all the time and it's easy enough to avoid. This is a ridiculous idea and a poor solution to what might be a very, very limited problem.
  • xcaligaxxcaligax Posts: 1,096 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Are people seriously discussing this?

Club Caprice won't be removed. It serves a purpose during a mission storyline for gameplay.

Unless there is something wrong with Club Caprice that allows a player to exploit a bug, or affect game mechanics, no offense, but this is an idiotic request.

Can a mod please close this thread before it turns into an imminent flame thread.
  • jennymachxjennymachx Posts: 3,000 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Removing Caprice will only make the less savory individuals to relocate their activities somewhere else. There's a next best indoor social instance I can think of. What, you want to eliminate every social instance that they might happen to migrate to one by one?

In the long run RP'ers who are using Caprice as a social hub for soley social RP would get unfairly punished if it's removed.
    edited February 2015
    acrosscat wrote: »
    Invention too. Mutation is still out. No martial arts dojo either.

You wouldn't happen to know where it is, would you?
  • damevalentynadamevalentyna Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    A safe haven for child molesters? Oooookaaay!

True to poe's law i really cant tell whether this post is genuine, or some sort of troll, but proceeding on the assumption it's real, how about this as an alternative solution: mind your own business? MMORPGs are meant to be a playground for imagination and shared fantasy. The fact that some peoples fantasies involve less cinematic violence and more improbable sexual positions than others is perfectly legit, as far as I'm concerned, and none of anyone's business, including yours. If their fantasies are squicky sometimes (yeah, I'll admit, the kids thing is... weird to say the very least) does not detract fromthe fact that they are just that: fantasies. No one and nothing is actually being hurt except your self rightious standards of arbitrary morality.
  • biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I'm closing this because it's already going into questionable places.

If you see anything against game rules or worse, report the people responsible for it.
    biffsig.jpg
This discussion has been closed.