test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Lockbox Vendor

stratluverstratluver Posts: 311 Arc User
edited February 2015 in Suggestions Box
The thread about resource conversion got me thinking.

Lets say the Dev's have a good reason that they didn't/won't convert our unused resources into...whatever.

What if we could convert them into a Lockbox token. And it would take X amount (whatever the Dev's deem appropriate) of tokens to buy a box. My only twist would be that the vendor would sell all boxes, old and new. And maybe even the old grab bags?

You'd be able to buy a box you want. Sell it for globals or open it with a key.

Thoughts?

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    MOAR TOKENS!!
    We need atleast 6 to get ahead of NW ones.

Sounds insane.

Ur face is insane.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • notyuunotyuu Posts: 1,121 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    stratluver wrote: »
    The thread about resource conversion got me thinking.

Lets say the Dev's have a good reason that they didn't/won't convert our unused resources into...whatever.

What if we could convert them into a Lockbox token. And it would take X amount (whatever the Dev's deem appropriate) of tokens to buy a box. My only twist would be that the vendor would sell all boxes, old and new. And maybe even the old grab bags?

You'd be able to buy a box you want. Sell it for globals or open it with a key.

Thoughts?

Buying a lockbox for tokens......I could see it working in theory, provided the cost was low enough, however I think the real gem here is the possibility of grab bags for tokens, because, well, not that many people actually have the grab bag costume pieces...
    spinnytop wrote: »
    Sounds insane.
    NO U
    In all things, a calm heart must prevail.

Member of Paragon Dawn: Because some people like friendly helpful communities.

eOGi6Cv.png9rfvawn.pngr3iD4nS.png

Yeah some things are broken... no I don't use/abuse them.. where would be the fun in that?
  • stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    But then they wouldn't be able to do the timewarp again.

Are there really that much of a shortage of lockboxes? I have hoards of them and you can buy them for globals on the AH now. Even the first lockboxes are on there, I think.
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
  • stratluverstratluver Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    MOAR TOKENS!!
    We need atleast 6 to get ahead of NW ones.

lol I agree. But, that ship has sailed a long time ago. We might not be able to correct its course but maybe we can steer it in a, mutually beneficial, new direction?

I just see it as:

1. I get to use my unused resources/tokens
    2. I can get a box I want for a chance at the stuff i want and/or I can sell it for G's
    3. Cryptic has someone use a Key <-- ultimate goal of theirs

Are there really that much of a shortage of lockboxes? I have hoards of them and you can buy them for globals on the AH now. Even the first lockboxes are on there, I think.

I guess we would lose the Timewarp event. But, it does seem to be popular which gives merit to the idea.

The Market does have a bunch of boxes. But, I guess players would just go after the more rare ones. Especially the bags IF they could include them. And I would think the more rare the box/bag the higher the token cost. Make us burn up our resources/tokens and farm for more.

It might actually encourage players to play the game :biggrin:

• spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    sterga wrote: »

Well there we go.

So here's what we do:

Sterga hangs out in Millenium City. Other players swap their recog tokens in for mods, then use those mods as "currency" to buy lockboxes from Sterga! We did it! :D
  • stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    spinnytop wrote: »
    Sterga hangs out in Millenium City. Other players swap their recog tokens in for mods, then use those mods as "currency" to buy lockboxes from Sterga! We did it! :D

What makes you think I want more mods? Or want to trade with filthy peons?
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Oh yea, we have a Lockbox Vendor.
    Krampus is selling old boxes in it's Store.
    And we don't even need a new Token to buy them for. All you need is Questionite.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • notyuunotyuu Posts: 1,121 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    Oh yea, we have a Lockbox Vendor.
    Krampus is selling old boxes in it's Store.
    And we don't even need a new Token to buy them for. All you need is Questionite.

That's only becasue of the timewarp "event" when it ends, the lockbox vendor will go back to selling the current lockbox...
    In all things, a calm heart must prevail.

Member of Paragon Dawn: Because some people like friendly helpful communities.

eOGi6Cv.png9rfvawn.pngr3iD4nS.png

Yeah some things are broken... no I don't use/abuse them.. where would be the fun in that?
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    sterga wrote: »
    What makes you think I want more mods? Or want to trade with filthy peons?

Well fine, be a soggy quilt >:T