test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Terrible, Terrible Lag and Rubberbanding

jorifice1jorifice1 Posts: 588 Arc User
edited February 2015 in Champions Online Discussion
O.K.
I've been playing quite a bit of Champs lately, after a bit of an absence. I last played about 8 months ago. Then, over Christmas, the game became completely unplayable for me the few times I tried to log on for the Event. I can now get into the Game, and even play reasonably well, but I am plagued by terrible Lag and Rubberbanding issues constantly. I have tried raising and lowering the settings (my rig far outstripps anything this Game needs and my internet connection is substantially better than required as well, I can also play much more demanding games at much higher settings). I used to be able to play well, without all these problems with a much weaker machine. It makes no difference at all if I play on the absolute highest or absolute lowest settings and no other game seems affected.

Is there any solution that has been brought up in the last year or so that I may have missed? I've erased and redownloaded the game both through Arc and Steam, tried all of the Proxies and none, turned On Demand Patching on and off, forced verified, verified Local Cache, all the usual suspects, and it has no effect.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
Post edited by jorifice1 on

Comments

• gaarafrednorrispgaarafrednorrisp Posts: 504 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Here in CO, we call that "Normal"
    AWWWW CHAMPIONS UNIVERSE! DON'T YOU DARE. BE SOUR. CLAP FOR YOUR NIGHTMARE AND FEEEEEEEEEEEL THE POWAAAAAAH!
  • jorifice1jorifice1 Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Here in CO, we call that "Normal"

Oh, I know to expect a bit of that, but it's CONSTANT now. Like a continuous Memory Leak in just about everything.
    I've been playing since the Pre-Launch Headstart Week and have actually lost count of my characters.
    In all that time the only cases where it has been THIS bad have been Server Wide Technical Issues. And I cannot find anything in the Bug Sections about that.

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I've numerous memory leaks in the past week of play, plus more SNRs than usual.

The memory leak issue is really bad for me.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    It hasn't been continuous for me. It has been happening more than is normal... and when it does happen it's really bad. This has greatly effected my play experience since I am yet again leveling a character with 10 Constitution, and only stuns and knock ups to defend themselves with.
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    No lag.
    No rubberbanding.
    Keep losing server connection.

Holy *******..
    I take all that back....Except the 'Losing server connection'....
    Was actually quite funny just running around, jumping, activating powers, without touching the keyboard or mouse..
    Ok, it wasn't funny. At all.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    edited February 2015
    It wouldn't be so bad, but I'm leveling up that new Archtype.
    I actually got squashed by Mr. Gemini.
    When I was LvL 26.
    And in full ArmorDillo Gear.
    I went from fine to surrounded by like 50 clones and 1/4 health from one frame to the next because of that Lag.
    I still managed to down him just before I was overwhelmed, but it's the principle of the thing :biggrin:

edited February 2015
    I've posted a link to this Thread in the Bug Reports Forum.

• valoreahvaloreah Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    The anniversary event was launched recently for STO which caused quite a lot of lag and rubberbanding. Supposedly this was to have resolved itself over the course of a few days as we were told by the Devs.
    Dear Devs: I enjoyed the Legacy of Romulus expansion much more than the Delta Rising expansion. .
    thecosmic1 wrote:
    Anyone calling Valoreah a "Cryptic fanboy" must be new to the forum.

• roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Just had another memory leak and had to restart game.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    STO has their anniversary farming event currently, also NW has an event too. everyone is still on the one server
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg