test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Maintenance, 1/29

trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
edited February 2015 in Super News Network
Maintenance tomorrow will be the normal time. Release notes are in this thread, and will include the tailor changes for new players.

Start time: 7am PST
Estimated duration: 1 - 2 hours.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    heroshima1heroshima1 Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    TT, I noticed you moved all the Release Notes here. Great job in that! However, I'd like to make a suggestion. Can you label the Thread "Release Notes: -date-" and put them in order of most recent first? I opened the fist one in the series that read AUG 2. I was a bit surprised to see it was AUG 2012...I can imagine a new player coming on the site, seeing the recent patch notes from today, and thinking, "oh, what was the last Release Notes? Aug 2012?!?!" I think they may freak out.
  • Options
    newplayerguy7newplayerguy7 Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Along with other QoL fixes, could we please have the "Release Notes" link in the Game Launcher changed from here: http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/champions-online/news/tag/co-patch-notes to here: http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=90

It looks like the game hasn't had an update in a year which could scare off new players (dead game).

Thanks TT!
  • Options
    trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
    edited February 2015
    Along with other QoL fixes, could we please have the "Release Notes" link in the Game Launcher changed from here: http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/champions-online/news/tag/co-patch-notes to here: http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=90

That change has been requested and is in the works! :biggrin:

heroshima1 wrote: »
    TT, I noticed you moved all the Release Notes here. Great job in that! However, I'd like to make a suggestion. Can you label the Thread "Release Notes: -date-" and put them in order of most recent first? I opened the fist one in the series that read AUG 2. I was a bit surprised to see it was AUG 2012...I can imagine a new player coming on the site, seeing the recent patch notes from today, and thinking, "oh, what was the last Release Notes? Aug 2012?!?!" I think they may freak out.

Hmm, I'm not seeing it in that order. Might you have clicked the button by "Last Post"? That would sort by oldest-first.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Hmm, I'm not seeing it in that order. Might you have clicked the button by "Last Post"? That would sort by oldest-first.

Nope. I've always had it most recent on top. And if that was the case this thread would be buried at the end. Actually, the Last Post, Replies, and Views for all the previous release notes are dashed '-' out. I'll check my settings again but I've never changed them in the 3+ years coming to them.

Edit...

Hmmm...when I click on the Last Post link it puts all the posts back in order, however, it won't default to that. Everytime I leave the page it reverts to the previous view issue.
  • Options
    decorumfriendsdecorumfriends Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    This has been my experience since you created the new sub-forum, as well.
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    ok what did you do, I just logged on and go into the menu and I have this.
    They aren't in date order, since of the 2012 are on page one and others are on page 4.

youdidwhat_zps4caf0404.png
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    I'd post what I see but can't figure out how to add a pic that is on my computer...
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    You load it to likes of Photobucket and use 'IMG' to link it to here.
    Easy as making a kidney pie.

And this is what i get:
    tumblr_mqvgmqptkc1qz8emlo10_250.gif
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    eh...I don't do that (photobucket or slap myself).
  • Options
    decorumfriendsdecorumfriends Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Well, hosting a picture SOMEWHERE on the 'net (and somewhere that allows remote posting...many do not) is the only way to post it here.
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    You could allways allow everyone in the internet to have access to your computer....

I just find Photobucket being easiest way to share your pictures here. It allows Costume file linkinging without messing up the filename, because you need to have that correct to someone else to able to use it. And it has some handy picture editing stuff there also.
    And it's free.
    (No, this is not paid commercial of Photobucket.)
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    well. slapping yourself won't help. that's jst Finns summer winter hobby.

any image hosting site will do.
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg