test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Release Notes, 1/29

trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
edited February 2015 in Release Notes
Release notes for 1/29/15. If you want to know more about the Tailor change, visit this forum post.

Tailor:
-New players now have access to the normal range of costume options right away. Previously, new accounts had been restricted to a small number of costume options until a character on the account had reached a certain level.

UI:
-Adjusted the minimum and maximum allowed zoom levels for the map window to make it easier to use.
-Updated an obsolete URL that appears in the C-Store.

Drifter Salvage Store
-The Millennium Spirit 909E is now added to the D-Store.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    bwdaresbwdares Posts: 1,517 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Keeping the streek of QoL patches. Thanks!
    #Mechanon!(completed) #New Zones! #Foundry!
  • Options
    deadman20deadman20 Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    bwdares wrote: »
    Keeping the streek of QoL patches. Thanks!

Yes, please continue! It nourishes us. :biggrin:
    Steam Guide to Modifications and Equipment (Champions Online) - DZPlayer's Builds (Last updated: 3/26/2018)
    And I will always be @DZPlayer122.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
    edited January 2015
    Glad you guys like them! Not sure there'll be any more after this to keep the streak going, but who knows, we might get lucky. :D
  • Options
    neuraldamageneuraldamage Posts: 590 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Glad you guys like them! Not sure there'll be any more after this to keep the streak going, but who knows, we might get lucky. :D

Sadly, luck is not really a great plan per se.

People are broken. - Lum the Mad
  • Options
    bwdaresbwdares Posts: 1,517 Arc User
    edited January 2015

I am typically fine with whatever as long as it is something :) Afterall, most of the QoL stuff has not really benefited me or effected me, it is just nice to see work being done.
    #Mechanon!(completed) #New Zones! #Foundry!
  • Options
    gaarafrednorrispgaarafrednorrisp Posts: 504 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    *cough* All Premium ATs unlocked for Silvers since it's kinda pointless to lock "classes" behind a paywall when they're not even the big feature of the game *cough*
    AWWWW CHAMPIONS UNIVERSE! DON'T YOU DARE. BE SOUR. CLAP FOR YOUR NIGHTMARE AND FEEEEEEEEEEEL THE POWAAAAAAH!
  • Options
    tfavsb10tfavsb10 Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I'm sad, Ihardly play this game enough to enjoy anything you add to it.
  • Options
    tfavsb10tfavsb10 Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    *cough* All Premium ATs unlocked for Silvers since it's kinda pointless to lock "classes" behind a paywall when they're not even the big feature of the game *cough*

its not pointless to pwe it makes them cash so it stays.
  • Options
    cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    So, what are the odds of getting to making all the costume pieces in all material options- at least metal, leather, and cloth?
  • Options
    stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    People actually buy premium ATs? Ew....
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
  • Options
    jennymachxjennymachx Posts: 3,000 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    The tailor restriction made absolutely no sense, especially when customization is such a huge feature and is something you'd want to push to a new player from the get-go. This change has been needed for so long now.
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Keep those Quality of Life going! They are GREAT! :biggrin:
    The Removal of limited Tailor for Newcomers was GREAT Idea! This will make First Impressions better
    Seriously Cryptic you really Shoot yourself in the Foot for adding this stupid Limit, the point is to ATTRACT new players NOT to scary them away

I kind of fail to see the use of the Fully Zoom map through, since they MAP HUB makes it lose all Details ...

If I may suggest another QoL: PLEASE allow Z-store Freeform Slots to CHANGE the powers' Colour! they cost 5000 Zen, why can't they also have that Feature for the said price?

I say this now because I'm currently making a Water Mage (WATERpowerframe would be cool too) and the Powers I want to use (Telepathy, Celestial, Sorcery and Force) have no synergy with their Colours, if anything they make the final result... Ankward (Pink, Purple and Orange water WUT WUT?)
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    avianos wrote: »
    Pink, Purple and Orange water WUT WUT?
    It's not a Water Mage - it's a Kool-Aid mage! :biggrin:

(What's Telepathy have to do with Water, anyway?)
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    jonsills wrote: »
    It's not a Water Mage - it's a Kool-Aid mage! :biggrin:

(What's Telepathy have to do with Water, anyway?)

The Telepathy and Telekinesis Visuals can Emulate Water (well if I could colour them Blue)

Mindful Reinforcement would make a nice Healing Water Bubble for support
    Ego Storm looks like Whirlpool
    Ego Hold traps the Enemy on a Water Bubble

Imagination has no limit, but the Visuals being on the default colours kind of ruin it! I try to avoid Force powers because I really Dislike the Force Framework
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    So, what are the odds of getting to making all the costume pieces in all material options- at least metal, leather, and cloth?

We got a better chance of getting an expansion (with much sadness)
  • Options
    themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    We got a better chance of getting an expansion (with much sadness)

I'd like a tailor revamp too, but given the choice between that and a Hudson City expansion I'd take the latter.
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Options
    ninjapiffninjapiff Posts: 282 Arc User
    edited January 2015

Unfortunately, that'd involve basically re-texturing every single costume piece in the game, which would be a VERY difficult thing to do, as well as time consuming.
    It makes sense, if you don't think about it.
    edited January 2015
    Honestly Piff, I didn't list this in my suggestions because I felt it didn't entirely gel with what was happening at the time but, having said that, I do feel that this big step is only the 1st step of what needs to occur in regards to the Creator/Tailor in 2015.

The issue here, IMO, is quite simple. They want new players. They want money(they are a business). So the best way to obtain this money if to provide the most solid free experience which would encourage the new customer to FF Slot/A la carte, Gold, or LTS. The Cash Cap Increase and The Death of Streamlined Creation are both what I would consider prime examples of this...but the current state of the tailor/creator can cause headaches, the tutorial doesn't do a very good job of teaching certain aspects of this game which are not entirely common in other MMOs, and there are bugs which have a collection of birthday candles.

Now don't get me wrong, I do like how CN has been progressing but alot of what they've been doing is playing janitor to clean up the mess Old Cryptic left behind. I'm not saying this kind of stuff doesn't happen though. I'm saying I feeling that as the smaller(yet still important) QoL things come online then the larger things(like basic materials for starters) need to happen as well....and...ultimately the BIG projects like A Baseline White Hit Centralized Balance of The CO Powers System and new content designed both to take that new baseline into account and co-mingle with suitable AI mechanics to challenge both vets and newbies alike(like with working difficulty sliders). Sure, it's a long road but it's easier to clean up a tidy room you cleaned up recently than it is to try to add new furniture to a room where the previous people built the furniture incorrectly.

So...yeah, I think a nice baseline for the tailor is just to take a deep breath, suck it up, and work cloth/leather/metal into EVERYTHING. :cool:
    2s9bzbq.jpg
  • Options
    zamuelpwezamuelpwe Posts: 668 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Trying to add textures to all of them is probably unreasonable but what might be a good idea is that when they do the monthly Gold member piece, to also update 2-3 older piece. They could also opt to do various things ranging from giving all three base material types to a piece, to alternate color arrangements for some of the older pieces, to adding psionic/holo hex to some older floating pieces to even making pieces for the other gender that are oddly locked despite being quite neutral. Would add to the feeling that things are being updated.
    "Interesting builds are born from limitations not by letting players put everything into one build."

-Sterga
  • Options
    aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Different materials are just a shader you set on the mesh? So while it might not be completely trivial to add all material options for all costumes, it is not nearly as much work as retexturing everything.