test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Quality of Life suggestion: increase usage of HERO Games (and Rampages)

tigerofcachticetigerofcachtice Posts: 551 Arc User
edited February 2015 in Suggestions Box
Hi Cryptic North, hi COmrades,

I'm consolidating some reoccurring feedback in-game and outside sources (like in Steam, where there's still new players who find CO via its "Recommended For You" thing). Not implying I have all the answers, just hearing out some ideas.

In short: Increase usage of HERO Games (and certain Rampages) please. Some reasons:

- HERO Games are already part of CO, it's not developing new content, just increase usage
- May not need PvP overhaul, as HERO Games has built-in counters to some exploits/devices
- There's PvP enthusiasts, non-PvPers...but also In-Betweeners, willing to give it a go
- If HERO Games can be incorporated in the Dailies, it can inject some more variety from Alerts

I consider this a Quality of Life improvement as it uses existing elements for simply more enjoyment. To give an example, the Zombie Apocalypse scenario is interesting even for non-PvPers, but it's just so hard to get a queue to fill up for it.

Should this idea be considered, there's a few things to promote it without investing too much:

- incentive, like the equivalent of a Dailies Questionite reward for the time needed
- accessibility, maybe some clearer linkage to HERO Games just so it's not totally hidden
- awareness, maybe this is something Lt. Patel can talk about, as a Dailies option

DISCLAIMER: the ideas consolidated here are NOT about replacing the PvE Alert options. It's just an alternative that already exists, but has been neglected. There's people who'll never PvP, but an unknown number that are willing to try.

---

Not to pile on, but on the topic of under-utilised existing assets, the Sky Command and Lemurian Invasion seem to have had a major drop-off. Using the Justice Gear Tokens as a metric, I've found many avoid those 2 Rampages.

It occurs to me, those were also the 2 Rampages designed with Vehicles in mind.

That may have been a side effect of BOTH a.) decreased drop rates shortly after Rampages started and b.) EDIT - the waiting time in the end of the mission. (PREVIOUSLY - Vehicles were continuously nerfed, but now that I think of it, this is not the biggest problem). Maybe it's time to re-evaluate all those aspects.

CN, I don't have the player data, but you might, so passing on feedback. Thanks for reading.

COmrades, please include your comments below, adding to the collective feedback pool.

TL;DR - not asking for new content, but let's bring back value to already existing content please.
Banner%20Try%20Again.jpg
More action at Champions Online Comics @ http://co-comics.webs.com
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    The Hero Games queue bug has to be fixed, first.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • raighnraighn Posts: 2,339 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Speaking from the perspective of someone who will never PvP...

Make the incentives focused towards PvP players... such as providing more of the PvP reward token (whatever it was called) from the daily and adding into the Hero Games vendors some gear designed for PvP offering stats that are vital to a PvP build such as Perception... I'm certain there will be tons of players who would que up just to buy some gear with the Perception stat again.

Us PvE players don't want to feel forced to PvP... so if your going to add a daily, it should NOT be given by Lt. Patel... feel free to add a new daily quest giver next to him... but keep the PvP dailies out of his line up.

I understand that you want to increase awareness of the PvP events and entice more players to try it out. However, if you give the dailies to Lt. Patel, then you're effectively shoving it down out throats... an additional Daily Quest giver next to him on the other hand would still serve your purpose while allowing PvE players to not feel like it's being forced on them.

Before you argue "you can choose not to take the quests" keep in mind, that most players when doing dailies just talk to the guy, take all available, then go do their quests... if they log in one day and grab their dailies like usual then find a PvP daily on their list suddenly, they will feel like it was forced on them. Adding it to a new quest giver on the other hand makes them stop and look at it before blindly taking the quest, making it into an actual choice.

The same goes for the rewards... the PvP dailies should be tied to rewards that are focused towards the PvP community. Those of us who would prefer not to PvP, don't want to feel like we have to PvP to get some cool new costume, or that we're shorting ourselves on our daily Q or Silver Recog by not doing the PvP dailies.

This is just my take on it... and I'm certain there are other PvE players who like me would prefer to not feel like a new update is forcing PvP on us.

As for the Rampages...

Sky Command needs some serious love to be made into a worthwhile Rampage.. and Lemurian Invasion... that one is actually, in my honest opinion at least, one of the better Rampages in the game... My only issue with it is that the respawn point when fighting the Bleak Harbinger is constantly under attack resulting in players getting killed right after recovering...

Also... the stupid hover disk "vehicle" they give us on those two alerts... please give us a better option than that clunky piece of junk. Hover disk travel is bad enough for maneuverability, then you throw us a vehicle version that travels at a higher speed... It's near impossible to not overshoot the center of a group when trying to use a PBAoE attack on that thing...
    ^-^ cute, cuddly, @Pandabutt ^-^
    jniKqKJ.png
  • sparklisinasparklisina Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    See, the thing is that those two rampages are inconsistent with the others.

Gravitar - Go in and fight a really tough villain.

Fire and Ice - Go in and fight two really tough villains

Lemurian Invasion - Spend A LOT of time taking out minions before even making it to the boss and then going through the different phases with the boss. This alert just takes forever. It would be better if you only had to fight the Harbinger and not worry about all the stuff beforehand.

Sky Command: Go in and protect stuff. Fight stuff. Then fight a big baddie. I can deal with all of that. But then you have to sit there for another 5 minutes AFTER you take out the big baddie. The alert should end after defeating the Mega-D.

The reason that people don't do these rampages as much is because it takes SO long to do them. Fighting a villain should be fun (and scary) but Sky Command and Lemurian Invasion just end up being more annoying than anything else.

Rose_sig.png
  • tigerofcachticetigerofcachtice Posts: 551 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    1st, yeah, fix the HERO Games queue bug 1st.
    raighn wrote: »
    Us PvE players don't want to feel forced to PvP... so if your going to add a daily, it should NOT be given by Lt. Patel... feel free to add a new daily quest giver next to him... but keep the PvP dailies out of his line up.

I understand that you want to increase awareness of the PvP events and entice more players to try it out. However, if you give the dailies to Lt. Patel, then you're effectively shoving it down out throats...

That's a good point, having a 2nd Dailies NPC is a better idea regardless.
    Banner%20Try%20Again.jpg
    More action at Champions Online Comics @ http://co-comics.webs.com
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    There is no quality of life to be found in pvp. Before they fix the queues, they have to fix the game.