test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Considering returning, what's the state of RP SGs?

etharaletharal Posts: 2 Arc User
I'll keep this nice and short.
As the title says I'm looking at returning (and subscribing) but before I do I was just wanting to get some information on the state of RP in CO. So things like active SGs and any advice, or even if anyone might be looking to start a new SG?
Post edited by etharal on

Comments

• Options
    iamruneiamrune Posts: 965 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Role-playing is alive and well, both old and new teams and all flavors of RP around, Corp is a good starting point if you're not sure what you are looking for.

I still lead the premiere lite RP sg in Champions Online, the Silver Age Sentinels.

Many other options and style and levels of commitment are out there, and I could get you pointed in the right direction if you add some specifics of what you're looking for.
  • Options
    etharaletharal Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    hi, thats good to hear. I'm look for mid-RP, probably something silver or bronze age style. go a person who uses the dark powers but doesnt use them to kill or anything like that (think heroes should be heroes) that im looking for RP with.
    other than something that would fit that initial idea im looking for something active in GMT or GMT+1 sorts of time zones and maybe with planned story arcs sort of going on as well as just general RP.
    if theres further information you could give would be much appreciated.
  • Options
    bwdaresbwdares Posts: 1,517 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I dont really get out and about, out side of my own SG I mean, but I would listen to Rune, he knows his stuff and several of our members are apart of other SGs. They have been having fun, so I bet you wont have too much of an issue finding good RP or fun either.
    #Mechanon!(completed) #New Zones! #Foundry!
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Thanks, bqwdares. Etheral, it sounds like you'd actually be a great fit for my group. we skew lite RP, but many members prefer medium to heavy and we support all levels of RP as far as that goes, just our 'official' requirements for RP is Lite. And we're obviously a silver and bronze age style guild, heroes, heroes, and costumes all over the place.

Hit the links in my sig, check out our website, read our information boxes, shoot me an in-game email, [to @Rune] apply at the website if you like what you see. And we generally have people online at all kinds of hours, since we've been around from the start.
  • Options
    gaarafrednorrispgaarafrednorrisp Posts: 504 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Horrid. Best not to bother. LOOK AWAY!

No seriously. CORP is a shell of its former self and hypocrites and most other "RP SGs" you'll find are ERP Centered OR just outright tripe.
    AWWWW CHAMPIONS UNIVERSE! DON'T YOU DARE. BE SOUR. CLAP FOR YOUR NIGHTMARE AND FEEEEEEEEEEEL THE POWAAAAAAH!
  • Options
    heatherbelheatherbel Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    There are several active RP super groups still out there ranging from light, casual RP to heavier RP groups. Don't be discouraged!
  • Options
    historiphilehistoriphile Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Hey welcome! I have an SG called the Adventurers. I consider it "medium RP".

The theme is costumed crime fighters, who are low-powered, tech-based, or well trained, while magic/mysticism is strongly avoided. Think of your Batman/Batgirl, Daredevil, Spider-man -- you know, ones quite good at what they do, but who mostly just protect their cities. They don't have world-breaking power.

We have a few great villain RPers I arrange for the team to do stuff with, and we do some regular story arcs too. We RP as heroes, and we have fun, it's great! :smile:

If that's something you'd like, try me at @historiphile in game!
  • Options
    chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    CORP is full of just fine players, I'm in there myself. The RP happens all the time, and when that's not happening there are a ton of helpful and friendly people kicking around. It's honestly one of my favorite channels.

RP sgs are as great as they've ever been, and in fact probably more than the past. We're avatar chat with combat, RP is keeping the game going for a lot of people. You'll be able to find just about anything you want if you just ask for it in zone. If RP is what you're looking for you're definitely in luck.

Also, silver age sentinels? Top notch. I hang with them myself and they're freaking spectacular RPers.
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • Options
    themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Also, silver age sentinels? Top notch.

I gotta agree with the taco! SAS are a great bunch of peeps.
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Also, silver age sentinels? Top notch. I hang with them myself and they're freaking spectacular RPers.
    I gotta agree with the taco! SAS are a great bunch of peeps.
    gradii wrote: »
    Out of all of them I can maybe think of 2 who aren't good RPers, and theyre still nice people.

OMG:biggrin: Stahp it!

Y
    o
    u're going to make us all blush! :redface:

All silliness aside, there are indeed as Taco states, a lot of great groups, and probably even more than I know of, and I am well aware my guilds lite RP and old school heroism styles aren't for everyone, but I am always down to help a player find just the niche they are looking for!
  • Options
    themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    iamrune wrote: »
    OMG:biggrin: Stahp it!

Y
    o
    u're going to make us all blush! :redface:

All silliness aside, there are indeed as Taco states, a lot of great groups, and probably even more than I know of, and I am well aware my guilds lite RP and old school heroism styles aren't for everyone, but I am always down to help a player find just the niche they are looking for!

You guys rock.....I *ALWAYS* tell folks to contact you when they ask in zone for an RP SG.
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods