glortorglortor Posts: 324 Arc User
edited February 2015 in Power Discussion
Post edited by glortor on

Comments

• Options
    flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Looks good for a hybrid TP dps/support.

Ya could get Vulnerability or Force of Will instead of Grandeur, and Conservation and/or Trapped instead of Enhanced Gear. The build also doesn't have a non-cd AoE attack, but that may not be a huge priority depending on other factors.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Yeah this build is a party animal, if I were to solo anything I'd put everything to sleep and just rush to the objective
  • Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    As long as you are getting that disorient in for TP Reverb it works pretty well.

Remember that Mental Storm does not proc TP Reverb (this is a bug) so Ego Blast full charges to put on Disorient will help or Sleeping them then waking.

Using PRE, I'd have picked something like this:

Specializations:
    Presence: Repurpose (1/3)
    Presence: Selfless Ally (2/2)
    Presence: Grandeur (2/3)
    Presence: Moment of Glory (3/3)
    Presence: Force of Will (2/2)
    Sentinel: Torment (2/2)
    Sentinel: Caregiver (2/3)
    Sentinel: Sentinel Aura (3/3)
    Sentinel: Wither (2/2)
    Sentinel: Genesis (1/2)
    Overseer: Administer (3/3)
    Overseer: Ruthless (2/2)
    Overseer: Honor (2/2)
    Overseer: Trapped (1/3)
    Overseer: Conservation (2/2)
    Mastery: Sentinel Mastery (1/1)

I'd probably swap out Mindful Reinforcement for Protection Field as it has a slightly higher shielding value, and lasts longer but that's just me.

Outside of what I've said though...it looks good. My only concern would be perhaps picking up a HoT to keep yourself going while you focus on a nearby team mate. But shielding and Seraphim w/ Sentinel Aura could keep you going.
  • Options
    jimhsuajimhsua Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    glortor wrote: »

Helped him a bit on this, but it should be a solid TP/support-ish build (with his choice of flavor powers).
    I'd probably swap out Mindful Reinforcement for Protection Field as it has a slightly higher shielding value, and lasts longer but that's just me.

I don't like bubbles that much (targeting), but in general, Mindful is more useful for things that shouldn't take damage but are (DPS, support), while Protection is for things that should take damage, and are (tanks).
  • Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    jimhsua wrote: »
    I don't like bubbles that much (targeting), but in general, Mindful is more useful for things that shouldn't take damage but are (DPS, support), while Protection is for things that should take damage, and are (tanks).

Meh.

Protection Field protects more than Mindful shield value wise and lasts longer. I'd slap that on either a DPS or a tank really. Dependent on the kind of damaging rolling in, Mindful can be useful if the damage incoming is lowish but will not overwhelm the shield so that the healing effect can apply.

Both do shield targets, it just depends if you want one that could *potentially* heal a target and lasts 8 seconds or one that flat out shields targets and lasts 20 seconds.

Both are spammable anyway and they stack. I just personally like Protection Field more than MR. But MR does have it's place.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Mindful is the better of the two, overall. When you are running a true healer build, or if you're playing a drainer, Mindful is very helpful in both cases. True that the force bubble has more raw staying power, if that's what you're looking for. But with pre primary, Mindful is just way more useful if you do not want to get both.