test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Has the storyline and mechanics has gone stale. ((spoilers))

vixentalkervixentalker Posts: 9 Arc User
edited January 2015 in Introductions
I love Champions Online I'm even a Lifer, but after a few years and the knowledge about how Champions Online once was I'm beginning to think to myself, "Wow the story sure has gotten stale in storyline and plot over the years". Now before you chastise me for my opinion think about this, after the tutorial or westside even do you feel "involved" with the game like actually think that your character is making an important difference. Also when was the last time or mission arc that made you WANT to be involved. Now way back when the tutorial taught you how to block and had the crafting system WITH missions with very worthy rewards and even Power Replacers, well when searching the internet to research CO I felt like "Heey this a game I could enjoy and they have vehicles too." little did I know EVERYTHING except the vehicles have been scrapped but at first it didn't bother me..but when looking at the steam cinamatics with Defender facing Mecha Destroids/Black Mask facing Vibora Bay Vampires/Ironclad taking down Grond all of them helped with player hero characters...THAT was apparently from the older version, and I find that to be very deceptive for whoever thought to put it there as it is NOT like that in game unless you are in an cinamatic alert like Red Winter or Gravitar.

1. Previous version after the tutorial you get the key to the city THEN get to work - Current version, after finishing the tutorial your only compliment by defender saying "You've shown great bravery, my friend." as well as some npc citizen cheers and passive thanks and immediatly go back to work.

2. Previously you disguise yourself as a food vendor as a ruse to get shakendown by a New Purple Gang Tommygun and gained the information about the gang meeting yourself and at the destination you assumingly threw fake moneybags into the sewers initiaiting the Purple Gang Bagmen asking "Where the bags? They shoulda made a drop by now!" - Currently your just lead by Kodiak to go there and the bags just "Magically" appear from the hole you were supposedly entering from.

3. Previous alert missions such as Hi Pan: Wrath of the Dragon, Hi Pan when leaving the temple had a dialogue explaining how he gained that power: much like "*Evil Laughter* Foolish heroes! I have been blessed by the Celestial Dragon!" the voiced dialogue that normally appears follows after his transformation. Also after his defeat he falls to the floor after being stripped of power. Also the Grab: A Stitch in Time while Juryrig was Coerced into giving the information they needed he first falls to the ground and reaches out while down as usual. - Current Alert missions, well Hi Pan doesn't clarify how he gained the power and has bugged animation when defeated. Juryrig doesn't intiate his proper animations when coerced...in fact he is sometimes seen standing upright.

4. Previously they had crafting with rewards such as R.A.D. Sphere Travel Power and Storm Rider Travel Power - Currently it all has been scraped and no longer can be obtained despite seeing them in the travel power list.

And there is some more but I don't have the energy to name them. But I welcome your thoughts about this and please share your thoughts.
Post edited by vixentalker on

Comments

• Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    but when looking at the steam cinamatics with Defender facing Mecha Destroids/Black Mask facing Vibora Bay Vampires/Ironclad taking down Grond all of them helped with player hero characters...THAT was apparently from the older version, and I find that to be very deceptive for whoever thought to put it there as it is NOT like that in game unless you are in an cinamatic alert like Red Winter or Gravitar.

Well, you don't actually have Captain America in Call of Duty either...
    Since there are "Game Play Videos" and "Cinematic Videos" of video games.
    And everyone hates ingame cutscenes anyways, or so i've heard....
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    vorshothvorshoth Posts: 596 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Does this belong in the introductions subforum? This looks like more of a general discussion threa d with Suggestion Box tendencies. Griping about the game in the Introductions subforum makes the game look terrible to new people.

On topic, I agree, the early level missions seem a bit wonky because they reference things that are no longer in the game: for example Kevin Poe references time or something, I forget during his boss fight in Purple Reign, referencing the supervillain Tachyon who has been erased from time as far as anybody knows, he was probably there in an early version o the mission,

On the travel powers, you can get grindable currency purchaseable versions under different names. Rad sphere is identical to the hyper ball travel power, aetheric flight is identical to mystic flight, and so on. I forget which currency it was though, probably either Questionite or Drifter Salvage.
    [SIGNATURE REDACTED]
  • Options
    decorumfriendsdecorumfriends Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    "It's just like 'I did it 35 minutes ago' in Watchmen! Except, y'know, I haven't done it yet..." :tongue:
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png