test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Power Armor; Plasma Beam

chimerafreekchimerafreek Posts: 383 Arc User
edited January 2015 in Suggestions Box
So I'm just wondering, Why doesn't Plasma beam fire from a chest slot instead of hand? Seems like it'd work in conjunction with Eye beams and concussor beams if it did.

Also seeing as we're forced to turn to aim with it anyway, it'd make more sense that it would fire from the chest slot. (this makes sense to me, anyway)

Alone, plasma beam tends to be viewed as powerful, but awkward to use. I'm not saying this would be the perfect fix to this or anything, But I think the three beams together would be GREAT incentive to take PB, and would make plasma based PA builds VERY viable.

Comments

• Options
    notyuunotyuu Posts: 1,121 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Why stop there? having chestbeam with a hand enimation point [think lightarc/lifedrain/iceblast animation style] would be actually pretty awesome
    In all things, a calm heart must prevail.

Member of Paragon Dawn: Because some people like friendly helpful communities.

eOGi6Cv.png9rfvawn.pngr3iD4nS.png

Yeah some things are broken... no I don't use/abuse them.. where would be the fun in that?
  • Options
    alexofspades#2085 alexofspades Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Okay.

On another idea, why can't we have Crotch as a possible emanation point? Just asking.
    ERgLqqC.png
  • Options
    thebuckeyethebuckeye Posts: 814 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    aurinkosi wrote: »
    Okay.

On another idea, why can't we have Crotch as a possible emanation point? Just asking.

Somebody has been listening to ICP's song Raven's Mirror :biggrin: :tongue:
  • Options
    chimerafreekchimerafreek Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    gradii wrote: »
    Plasma beam is just fine as a hand slot thank you very much.

However it would be nice to have a maintained chest slot beam power too.

Well that's what I'm saying, we already have a power that's more than adequate for that slot, but is less than chosen as is because of it's weird (non-existant) targeting, why not convert it to something slightly more useful?
    edited January 2015
    Well that's what I'm saying, we already have a power that's more than adequate for that slot, but is less than chosen as is because of it's weird (non-existant) targeting, why not convert it to something slightly more useful?

Please don't I for one like the fact that Plasma Beam functions different from the other ranged powers.
  • Options
    raighnraighn Posts: 2,339 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Personally i'd like to see power armor skills have selectable slots... however thats something we'll probably never see.

I'm sure there's several out there who would like to hand slot minigun just as much as you want to chest slot plasma beam.

Laser PAs have two hand slot maintain/toggles and physical PAs have two shoulder slot toggles... if you want to maintain 3 simultaneous toggles your forced to mix laser and physical right now.
    ^-^ cute, cuddly, @Pandabutt ^-^
    jniKqKJ.png
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Please don't I for one like the fact that Plasma Beam functions different from the other ranged powers.

what about giving it a 1 or 0 point advantage that adds the abaility to target with it?

Yeah some things are broken... no I don't use/abuse them.. where would be the fun in that?
  • Options
    taintedmesstaintedmess Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    notyuu wrote: »
    what about giving it a 1 or 0 point advantage that adds the abaility to target with it?
    gradii wrote: »
    How about adding a 1 point advantage which turns plasma beam into a chest slot power instead?

2 birds with one rewired weapons circuit.

Given that both of those are probably the equal of creating new powers they could just create new powers.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Given that both of those are probably the equal of creating new powers they could just create new powers.

Creating new powers?!?!? what do you think this is, an mmo that has devs and people caring about it?