test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Did Cryptic stealth-nerf Crit Chance?

foxypersonfoxyperson Posts: 251 Arc User
edited January 2015 in Champions Online Discussion
This week, it seems that none of my Crit-oriented characters can score a Critical hit to save their lives.

Am I the only one?
Post edited by foxyperson on

Comments

• crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,582 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Post your build that isn't critting that is supposed to.
  • foxypersonfoxyperson Posts: 251 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    http://powerhouse.nullware.com/powerhouse.html?v=11&n=Photon&d=1254RRHI254H3609100970398039C039I009O039Q00QJ00DB03DL038800FI011D038F030dgG0bb53SWl

This is but one out of four (the other three are rather melee variations of this one). Up until last week (pre-patch to be precise), this alt was Critting like a mofo. Now I'm lucky if I get a crit (or batch of crits, since the builds rely on Maintains/toggles) every 4 seconds (and that with Imbue/Lock N Load on).
  • chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Point: Targeting computer is currently bugged and isn't applying most of the bonuses the way it's supposed to. That could be part of your problem. 's been longer than just the last week, though.

I don't think crits have been nerfed overall. All of my characters hover at 25-30% chance and I'm still critting like crazy.
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    mine still go ok but none of mine use targeting computer, so that may well be it.
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • stormstrykestormstryke Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Point: Targeting computer is currently bugged and isn't applying most of the bonuses the way it's supposed to. That could be part of your problem. 's been longer than just the last week, though.

I don't think crits have been nerfed overall. All of my characters hover at 25-30% chance and I'm still critting like crazy.

I am currently chugging up an automation just so I can add rocket punch to a free form themed I had since the first year of the game but never fully leveled up yet. And I have noticed a change in crit but now that explains it since it uses targeting computer as my other toons I seemed the same as normal. But automation is not my favorite AT so I am just trying to rush it to 40.
    _____

Lifetime no longer gives a forum title. That should be updated on the Lifetime page that mentions what you get. PMing the CSR doesn't work neither.
  • deadman20deadman20 Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Targeting Computer's Lock On effect requires that targets you strike wait 3 seconds before the effects such as Critical Effectiveness and Resistance to Incoming Damage actually take place. Until those 3 seconds actually pass, you're just running on whatever +% Ranged Technology Damage the passive has, which hurts the passive in the smaller skirmishes. Really, it's not a problem with Crit Chance, but with a passive that requires you to wait for its additional effects in a combat system where everything happens quickly.

A good alternative for Particle Powered Armor is Electric Form if you think you might want to use something else.
    Steam Guide to Modifications and Equipment (Champions Online) - DZPlayer's Builds (Last updated: 3/26/2018)
    And I will always be @DZPlayer122.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    They didnt nerf anything its just nothing in CO actualy works :I
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!