Install Arc

The current state of PvP resembles this

oobtreeoobtree Posts: 1,068 Arc User
edited February 2015 in The Hero Games
Post edited by oobtree on

Comments

• mrhinkypunkmrhinkypunk Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Ooo That was really good. The thing is a lot of this animation was about people winning against the odds which is rather hard to do in CO unless the person playing the better build has no idea how to use it. Really great animation though, I'm about to start learning animation so it's something that has inspired me too, not that I'll get to Asian level any time soon.
  • stergiosmanstergiosman Posts: 717 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Did the green thing win?
  • purin1purin1 Posts: 433 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Sorta reminds me of the RHG battles. This isn't one of his specific animations, but watching some of FLLFLL's (Alfa) stuff helped push me along to use Single Blade: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fe-IWFYd4Ps
    gradii wrote: »
    PvP right now in a nutshell:

More stuns, more knocks = Win.

Explain the Mind Break, ER/RF, and Defile builds that contain neither a knock or hold/stun, then. Before you go off-topic at least know what you're talking about. Having control in a build helps, but it's not always needed.
    I strive to be the strongest swordsman alive.
  • amy#8731 amy Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Did the green thing win?

i think the green thing won
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,122 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    oobtree wrote: »

That was an awesome animation.

This is why sometimes I go into PvP matches just to spectate, it can get pretty interesting when I'm not the target :wink:

Cause everyone knows I suck at PvP :biggrin:
    edited January 2015
    gradii wrote: »
    My point is it helps too much compared to almost anything else.

The number of things which work in pvp is abysmally small in the big picture.

anything else being?
    edited January 2015
    More things work than you think gradii but you have to compromise as you do in all MMO PvP by using whatever is currently the best thing. Devices were nerfed, deal with it. AD rotations came from unfinished work. Also you don't really need more than one stun / knock / root, and it's kinda new that people consider stuns (may as well just say sonic device) one of the most OP things compared to ego sleep in PvP. The game is broken everywhere, deal with it. :)

Also green men always win.
  • soulman5000soulman5000 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    (Normally even being the target isn't a problem in non BASH arenas, especially if you have some way to stealth or get out of range, but BASH gets ridiculous sometimes where you have 5 people all gang up on the one squishiest target.)

I have never seen this person before in BASH. That's ever, and i'm there often. I'm guessing you were the target and decided to leave discouraged and choose to belittle everything pvp-related, yet claim superior knowledge of pvp as i have seen from your previous posts. There is variation in pvp and BASH can still be fun, knock and stun certainly does not = win and I would encourage more people to give it a try rather than naysaying and trying to summarise it with such narrow-minded comments. We have to work with what we got so lets make the most of it.
    edited January 2015
    I have never seen this person before in BASH. That's ever, and i'm there often. I'm guessing you were the target and decided to leave discouraged and choose to belittle everything pvp-related, yet claim superior knowledge of pvp as i have seen from your previous posts. There is variation in pvp and BASH can still be fun, knock and stun certainly does not = win and I would encourage more people to give it a try rather than naysaying and trying to summarise it with such narrow-minded comments. We have to work with what we got so lets make the most of it.

Gradii is a dog.

Therefore Gradii must also be God.

Which means Gradii is omniscient.
  • oobtreeoobtree Posts: 1,068 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Anyway..

Yea, that animation was really dope for being a solo project.
    edited January 2015
    and it's kinda new that people consider stuns (may as well just say sonic device) one of the most OP things compared to ego sleep in PvP.

It was used right after on alert for FC int primary builds.

Sonic device was also considered OP when it was pushed out because it could crit. It was always considered a cheesy pvp power.

Gradii is a dog.

Therefore Gradii must also be God.

Which means Gradii is omniscient.
    (cont.)

Therefore World(עולם-Olam) if by the meaning To be Dissapeared from

the eye and heart feelings(העלם-Aalem=Means to vanish).

Vanished from our Thoughts and Unconscious..

For a Discovery with Unending and Neverending Sources! SHE IS THE

TORRAH!
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited January 2015
  • glortorglortor Posts: 328 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    spinnytop wrote: »
    The current state of pvp: This thread.

^This. I'm glad I'm staying out of it.
  • gaarafrednorrispgaarafrednorrisp Posts: 504 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Oh, Thread So Dead
    Writhing In Pain
    Arise, Arise!
    And We Shall Post Again!
    AWWWW CHAMPIONS UNIVERSE! DON'T YOU DARE. BE SOUR. CLAP FOR YOUR NIGHTMARE AND FEEEEEEEEEEEL THE POWAAAAAAH!
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    glortor wrote: »
    You know, 'staying out of it' normally includes such things as 'not engaging in thread necromancy'. In fact, the best way to 'stay out of it' is to in fact completely ignore it, by neither reading nor posting in threads on the topic...
    edited February 2015
    Isn't thread necromancy usually a month after the initial post or last post depending on the type of thread?

But whatever... I found that posting on a dead thread about how the thread is like PvP to be rather relevant and pretty clever if that's what he actually meant by it. :D
    edited February 2015
    glortor wrote: »

you came to these forumz so you're not out of it