test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Allow Asymmetrical wings and wing coloring.

gradiigradii Posts: 11,716 Arc User
edited January 2015 in Suggestions Box
Seriously, I wanna have one Bird like angel wing and one bat like demon wing.

I wanna have one black wing and one white wing.

Hell, I wanna have ONE WING.

When u let us doo dis cryptic? :frown:
Post edited by gradii on

Comments

• Options
    kallethenkallethen Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Just no Sephiroths, please. :wink: (j/k)
    100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    aceretrieveraceretriever Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    +1, would love this! I might actually use wings more! :D
    Champions: @ace112233
  • Options
    vorshothvorshoth Posts: 596 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I would never use it, but I know people irl who would so I am /signed
    [SIGNATURE REDACTED]
  • Options
    yvonnedyvonned Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I don't disagree with the idea, but the implementation might be complicated.

Only idea I can come up with would be like capes or the Large Roin'esh shoulders. When you select a set a wings, you get additional listings further down for either both wings with options to choose Left/Both/Right (like robotic arms) or two separate listings (like the streamers for Large Roin'esh shoulder pads).

What about taking it a step further. Have one listings under Back --> Wings. Then an extra listing appears called Wings with options for Left/Both/Right. And, you can choose two different styles of wings, not just two sets of coloring.

Unfortunately, I don't know what kind of havoc that would play with the skeleton for the wings. It's possible that it wouldn't hurt anything, but it could wreck the whole thing too.
  • Options
    meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited January 2015
    Bird and dragon wings are using the same skeleton and animation...

...but as a pair of wings as a one model.

Therefore an asymmetrical set of wings could be made only as a new costume piece, one costume part for every possible permutation, like:

left bird/right dragon - another costume piece

left dragon/right bird - yet another costume piece

or

left bird/right holo

left bird/right skeletal

and so on...

A separate costume for every combination of wings.

That's a lot of costume parts to model and texture.

And texture mapping would need to be made completely from the scratch for those costumes because symmetrical wings don't use separate textures for left and right wing.

That's the easiest part for both wings being visible.

Things are more complicated with having only one wing, as a new one-winged skeleton probably would be needed.

Otherwise you'd run into a situation when using an already existing skeleton for animated wings is making bones of this invisible skeleton appearing in place of a non-existing "missing" wing when character is under some full body graphical FXes (as it can be observed on leg-less costumes for become devices and some mobs where their leg bones are sometimes visible).
  • Options
    vinxbrvinxbr Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    i'm trying to imagine how do somebody would fly with just one wing? :biggrin:

But the idea different wings would be nice. I just had an idea, a scrapped robot made with junk parts, with 2 makeshift wings that his creator found in some junkyard :tongue:
  • Options
    xydaxydaxydaxyda Posts: 817 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    vinxbr wrote: »

In circles :D

aaanyway...

/signed.
  • Options
    meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited January 2015
    gradii wrote: »
    for One Wing, Why Not Just Have A Half Invisible Flapping Skeleton For Two?

you'd Run Into A Situation When Using An Already Existing Skeleton For Animated Wings Is Making Bones Of This Invisible Skeleton Appearing In Place Of A Non-existing "missing" Wing When Character Is Under Some Full Body Graphical Fxes (as It Can Be Observed On Leg-less Costumes For Become Devices And Some Mobs Where Their Leg Bones Are Sometimes Visible).

_________
  • Options
    putyeshestvyenikputyeshestvyenik Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    vinxbr wrote: »

But the idea different wings would be nice. I just had an idea, a scrapped robot made with junk parts, with 2 makeshift wings that his creator found in some junkyard :tongue:

Probably the way that all those characters with no wings fly?
    I like the way OP thinks. Too bad meedacthunist had to ruin the dream by introducing practical facts!

As for Sephiroth, I'm torn only because I would agree with the :P reaction it's been long enough since that game was new that anyone emulating it would at least be someone interested in classics. Speaking of old classic games and wings, I wonder if someone has ripped from Zero Wing? Okay I'll stop before I infect this game with any more bad ideas!
    ----

Do you like this game? Do you want it to get better? Put your money where your mouth is! Go for the Gold!