test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Brick help

stratluverstratluver Posts: 311 Arc User
edited January 2015 in Builds and Roles
I need help again...

This time for my main. He's a brick type. Heavy on the offensive side.

My problem is that I don't feel he survives like I want. He puts out decent damage, which I'm happy with. I'm just at a loss with the mitigation part. His build is...

PowerHouse (Link to this build)

Name:

Archetype: Freeform

Super Stats:
Level 6: Strength (Primary)
Level 10: Constitution (Secondary)
Level 15: Intelligence (Secondary)

Talents:
Level 1: The Behemoth
Level 6: Physical Conditioning
Level 9: Relentless
Level 12: Healthy Mind
Level 15: Quick Recovery
Level 18: Covert Ops Training
Level 21: Body and Mind

Powers:
Level 1: Clobber
Level 1: Defiance
Level 6: Iron Cyclone (Rank 2, Vortex Technique)
Level 8: Retaliation (Rank 2)
Level 11: Demolish (Rank 2, Below the Belt)
Level 14: Haymaker (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 17: Enrage
Level 20: Pounce (Nailed to the Ground)
Level 23: Molecular Self-Assembly
Level 26: Conviction (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 29: Resurgence (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 32: Unbreakable (Rank 2)
Level 35: Unleashed Rage (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 38: Ego Surge (Nimble Mind)

Travel Powers:
Level 6: Jet Pack (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 35: Athletics (Rank 2)

Specializations:
Strength: Swole (2/3)
Strength: Physical Peak (3/3)
Strength: Brutality (2/2)
Strength: Juggernaut (2/3)
Strength: Overpower (1/3)
Warden: Fortified Gear (3/3)
Warden: Ruthless (2/2)
Warden: Tenacious (2/2)
Warden: The Best Defense (3/3)
Vindicator: Aggressive Stance (2/2)
Vindicator: Merciless (3/3)
Vindicator: Focused Strikes (3/3)
Vindicator: Mass Destruction (2/3)
Mastery: Strength Mastery (1/1)

I'm running Justice gear with Armadillo.

Basic stats are-
Health 10444
Strenght 339
Con 248
Int 238
Off 582.3
Def 323.5
Crit chance 23.6%
Crit Sev 111.3%

I tried something different with not going the dodge route. But resistance just isn't cutting it for me.

One more thing. This is a very classic themed build. I want to stay a Brick as I can.

Thanks for any help

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Ya have two R3 ADs, R3 Conviction, and a block enhancer (plus any healing devices). That's quite a bit of survival tools already. Ya could add R1 MD in there, but having 3 ADs seems a bit excessive. Could also pickup Endorphin Rush on Enrage, though its more of a minor heal.

Your problems w/ the build's hardiness may be more gear- or -content-related. Ya have only ~250 Con and 10k maxHP, and that's pretty low for a pure tank- esp in Justice level gear. However, 300+ Str and 225+ Int seems a bit excessive. Ya could have 13-14k maxHP if ya wanted, and that could help ur survival significantly. Also: for Utility gear slots, ya can max out CD reduction, since INT SS and Physical Peak already give ya good cost discount (and cost discount DRs harshly). That will lower the cd timers on ADs and heals significantly, so they'll be more frequently available.

I'd prob drop Str to the 200-250 range, Int to the 150-200 range, put the difference in Con, gear at least one +maxHP boost in defense slot gear, and see where ur maxHP is after that. Ofc, everyone has their own gearing prefs, but that's how I'd go about it, at least.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • stratluverstratluver Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Thanks for the advice!

My problems stem mainly from wanting to do well in the Rampages. Specifically F&I and Gravitar. The rest of the game I'm mostly happy with the performance.

I went on test and did a little rebuild. Switched out Armadillo gear for Vigilantes. Switched Unbreakable for Masterful Dodge and switched my block to Laser Knight.

That all put me at 14k HP. 81% resist. I took him to Qwymonkey and I think I'm happy. Oh and my AD's are at 37 sec recharge.

I really want this to work. I want something different than the same old dodge build.

edited January 2015
    Sounds good. Yeah, Laser Knight will be a nice survival boost as well, though ya have to be careful w/ its short duration when using a long charge attack like Haymaker.

The MD + Unbreakable rotation covers ~36 seconds, so a 37 AD recharge gives ya potentially near full coverage there (though ya can still mistime or overlap the cds a bit- that's more a thing ya just have to get the hang of in practice).

Tanking Frosticus isn't easy (nor is it meant to be), but w/ this setup you'll be much easier to heal vs. most other random tanks, at least.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
  • stratluverstratluver Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Just a quick update.

I rebuilt...again lol. Hopefully for the last time.

I ended up with 102 resist. I went with Masterful Dodge and Resurgence and they're at 37 recharge.

So far I'm happy. Took on Gravitar and she couldn't take him down.

He's not unkillable but tough as nails and hits like a freight train. Pretty much what I was shooting for.

Thanks again for the input!

edited January 2015
    glad it turned out better for ya, and GL out there.