test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

A couple of questions

kaeajakaeaja Posts: 165 Arc User
edited January 2015 in Power Discussion
Still at a bit of a loss as to what powers I should use.

Rather here is what im facing, I have the following powers in mind, Force Shield (max rank with Force Sheathe), Radiance, Celestial Conduit, Vengeance, Energy Storm/Unleashed Tempest, Compassion, Ego Sprites, Mental Storm, Mental Leech, Seraphim. Im left with three unused power points, Im thinking of using one of them for one of the following moves, Mindful Reinforcement, Protection Field or Field Surge, ive used Field Surge and liked it so I suppose Field Surge it is.

But then there is Divine Renewal and Redemption, both have nice Advantages but what do you guys think would be better?

Ive also been contemplating on whether or not I should get Mind Break so that I can make use of the Mental Storm and Mental Leech debuffs. And when Mind Break purges those two debuffs, and those debuffs are both at 4 Stack, Mind Break will get an extra 2,314 damage on top of what it normally does, which makes it hit like a truck. I mean if im gonna have Mental Storm and Mental Leech I should have Mind Break shouldnt I?
Post edited by kaeaja on

Comments

• Options
    flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,752 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Eating TP debuffs w/ Mind Break charges is what will get other TP or Ego dmg users to not like you in groups. Its generally counter-productive to end the debuffs (unless the mind break would execute the mob)- esp w/ Mental Storm and its powerful dps debuff. Ya can do some burst dps w/ Conduit taps, but I'd just keep the DoTs rolling otherwise (or use Vengeance filler to lockdown groups). Ur missing an energy unlock as well, when ya could benefit from Molec Self-Assembly here pretty easily- for some extra energy just from using cd-based powers. Trading Ego Sprites for Shadow of Doubt also allows ya to stack up a nice -%dmg done debuff on targets, which can be handy for lowering dmg that bosses dole out (and that's another reason to not expire debuffs w/ Mind Break).

I'd prob skip on Energy Storm- its just not a worthwhile attack to devote to overall (and ur not usign any Elementalist/Energy Projector debuffs anyways). Field Surge doesn't scale w/ bonus heal (last I checked), so its not a particularly good cd w/o using PFF. You'll def want to consider Protection Field, though; it does scale w/ healing bonuses and can be used on allies as well.

Either res spell is also a good idea if ur more committed to Support. Would prob also consider Ascension if this is a Celestial Support.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • Options
    kaeajakaeaja Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I see.

I should probably mention that my intention is to be a Celestial/Ego mix for primarily damage over being a support character. Though I didnt consider how Mind Break would effect groups like that. If my goal is to deal damage then wouldnt it be better to take Ego Sprites over Shadow of Doubt?
  • Options
    flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,752 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    kaeaja wrote: »
    I see.

I should probably mention that my intention is to be a Celestial/Ego mix for primarily damage over being a support character. Though I didnt consider how Mind Break would effect groups like that. If my goal is to deal damage then wouldnt it be better to take Ego Sprites over Shadow of Doubt?
    Sprites are better for AoE since they have a much larger radius, can stack twice, and have no cd - whereas SoD's debuff is quite nice for tanks or group mitigation, and works w/ MSA. Its up to you, ultimately.

Mental Storm is still by far the best dps of the TP DoTs, though; so w/e ya do, I wouldn't drop that one.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!