test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Remove Questionite from Nemesis Alerts...

newplayerguy7newplayerguy7 Posts: 61 Arc User
edited January 2015 in Suggestions Box
...if that's what it takes to get these to cycle into rotation more often.

Egads, I've seen some AWESOME Nemesis's in the Alerts I play. Some funny, some just outright stunning in their design. :smile:

BUT... Nem Alerts come and go in like 30 seconds. Missed that last Nem Alert? Good luck, it'll be back up tomorrow for 30 seconds. :mad: In the meantime here's three Ao'quotpth Alerts to enjoy...that will stay up for 20 minutes at a time... and then cycle to another Ao'quopth Alert because NO ONE plays them...because they suck.

And please do something about the frequency of 'generic' Nems in the rare, rare times Nem Alerts actually pop. It's so frustrating to have 4 out of 5 people in an Alert have Nems and then have 'Lilith' or any of the other terribad generic Nems show up. Generics should ONLY appear if NO ONE has a Nem in the Alert.

TL;DR - Remove Questionite from Alerts if that's what it takes to get these to pop more often, and make Generic Nems as rare as Nem Alerts currently are. :biggrin:
Post edited by newplayerguy7 on

Comments

• dr490nbr347hidr490nbr347hi Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I've had plenty of Nem alerts show up and stay up for about half an hour, to more than an hour.

And I never see a shortage of people queuing for Ao, If we're talking about smashes, almost every time people just overpower his healing, and he goes down just as fast as anyone else.

But I will agree on the generic nemesis complaints.

@dr490nbr347hi / Playing since January 25, '11
    Display normal Internet behavior. Come and make fun (yes, make fun) of my PRIMUS page.
  • vorshothvorshoth Posts: 596 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I have to agree wholeheartedly.

Nemesises are... special. They're a community event, a collaborative effort to amuse and entertain, at times.

People are going to queue for them regardless. Perhaps favour them if only to see the unique design someone's made, or see which of the random generics has popped up.

Questionite is highly unecessary.

What I would suggest, as a replacement, is for there to be a tracking of which Alert has the most people quitting associated with it. Then, each month, that specific Alert is nominated automatically to be a Extra Incentive Alert, where the boss drops questionite.

So, if Ao'gethimoff is giving players trouble one month, the next month he'll drop a paltry sum of questionite to those who can face him the next.

If VIPER X can't be mongoose Z'd down to size, then the next month his alert would be nominated, turning off the Ao Incentive and activating the Viper Incentive.

it'd be cool to have a questionite reward applied onto the 'hardest alert' of the time, incentivising players to try stuff they would think is hard, and get the alert queue moving.
    [SIGNATURE REDACTED]
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I've had
    We all had. Before they did the 'Alert Switcharoo'.
    Now, you're lucky to get 3 Nemesis Alerts in a row.
    Or you've been playing different game than me....
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • notyuunotyuu Posts: 1,121 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    OR...... increas the nem alert counter thingy used to tell the server when to switch to the enxt alert by say....50 times what it is now, making nem alerts last longer than a few nanoseconds before getting switched out
    In all things, a calm heart must prevail.

Member of Paragon Dawn: Because some people like friendly helpful communities.

eOGi6Cv.png9rfvawn.pngr3iD4nS.png

Yeah some things are broken... no I don't use/abuse them.. where would be the fun in that?
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    it used to, we would have 6hrs of nemesis alerts especially dockside. Mostly on the weekends.

Then the way it works got changed, currently it's supposed to be, if no one queues it goes away.

WE have Bursts with a similar problem, pyramid power stays up a long time, radiation rumble vanishes after 1 or 2 goes.
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• newplayerguy7newplayerguy7 Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I've had plenty of Nem alerts show up and stay up for about half an hour, to more than an hour.

And I never see a shortage of people queuing for Ao, If we're talking about smashes, almost every time people just overpower his healing, and he goes down just as fast as anyone else.

But I will agree on the generic nemesis complaints.

Good lord what game are you playing? (sounds like a Bizarro universe where everything is backwards from ours!) I want to be there! :tongue:

But yeah, some of the suggestions to improve the duration/quality of Nem Alerts above are spot on.
  • stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Better idea:

Give Nems their own Alert slot and have a 2k q daily for it every day. Nems don't drop q boxes and the Nem alert only shows up if you actually have one built.

I can do crisis missions every day for q, why not something that's actually awesome like curbstomping someone's custom build enemy?
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Removing the questionite makes sense. None of the other alert bosses drop them, and they're all stronger than the nemesis bosses.
  • novaninja555novaninja555 Posts: 836 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    But... But ... I want my questionite!

A better solution would be to make all bosses drop questionite. We would have less ppl complaining about alerts as well!

"Good can be found in heights, even in the deepest pits of evil" but "The valleys of evil always exist in the mountains of good."

~me
    edited December 2014
    But... But ... I want my questionite!

A better solution would be to make all bosses drop questionite. We would have less ppl complaining about alerts as well!

That wasn't "better solution" before. Why they'd bring it back.....
    Questionite was a reason why Nemesis Alerts were farged up in a 1st place.

And people would complain no matter what. Are you new in video games?????:tongue:
  • raighnraighn Posts: 2,339 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Removing Q from Nem alerts though would be like Blackfang all over again... you all remember the outrage when they removed his 100% Q drop... right?

However... reducing it to a 50% chance or something would be an acceptable loss if it means Nem alerts show up more often.

Alert bosses like Ao'nothimagain, that are generally avoided, should definitely have a high chance to drop Q boxes though...
    ^-^ cute, cuddly, @Pandabutt ^-^
    jniKqKJ.png
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,619 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Removing Q boxes from the Nemesis makes Nemcon even more pointless to play.

Removing Q boxes from them does absolutely nothing. The reason why alerts get cycled out so fast is because the alert gets queued for. Alerts stay in rotation when no one makes the queue pop.

So why does Nemesis alert hardly show up? Its because of the bosses they keep adding to the rotation. The Make a Villain contest winners put a wrench in the works especially since they can appear in ANY location and type of alert.

Want to make Nemesis appear more often? Let them show up in bursts, Day at the Mall, and Museum Heist.
    edited January 2015
    raighn wrote: »
    you all remember the outrage when they

I've become so numb to "gamer outrage" over the years. It now ranks lower than those teenage girls who have a bad hair day and try to make it out to be literally the end of their lives...... because hey, a bad hair day could make you end up not getting Tommy to ask you to the prom. A meaningless change in a video game? Nothing by comparison.

I spent a hundred bucks on this game like two weeks ago.... I still don't feel like I need to be outraged about anything.
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,129 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    If you do that you may as well Remove Nemesis from Existence and put the Final Nail to the Coffin of the System
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
    edited January 2015
    avianos wrote: »
    If you do that you may as well Remove Nemesis from Existence and put the Final Nail to the Coffin of the System

????

You're saying people would never, ever again play Nemesis Alerts because a single Q-box reward was removed (even though the other standard Alert rewards remain?)

*confused* :confused: ????
    edited January 2015
    Removing Q boxes from the Nemesis makes Nemcon even more pointless to play.

Not talking about Nemcon, only Alerts.
  • spetsborgspetsborg Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Nah, too much programming
    edited January 2015
    spetsborg wrote: »
    Nah, too much programming

Yep.

Line41: Questionitebox=1
    Line73: NemAlertRotationseqence=.05%

Change to...

Line41: Questionitebox=0
    Line73: NemAlertRotationseqence=20%

Yep, too much programming. :rolleyes:
    edited January 2015
    Remove the most-unplayed and unwanted alerts (Anything with Ao'quephuckoff , Rak'shasa, and others everyone hates and avoids). Replace with Nem alerts.

Ignore any masochist-gamer crying about "but mah challenge!". In fact,do this in all cases.

Problem Fixed.

Maybe you avoid them... but don't worry, there are players in the game interested in playing heroes, who will take care of those bosses you are afraid to face :3 I know because I see lots of them every time those bosses show up :D

avianos wrote: »

Yeah I know, because people refuse to play any alert where the boss doesn't have a chance of dropping a questionite box....

Oh wait, that's not even remotely true :)

Nemesis alerts are so rare.... how can their boxes be such a big deal if we almost never even get them anyway?
  • yvonnedyvonned Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Honestly, I believe the alerts are setup such that they run so many times and then rotate out. In other words, Nemesis alerts, and Radiation Ruble alerts and other Quick or Popular alerts are short lived because players can blast their way through them in short order and run em again (if they're still avail). They rotate out fast. Only the alerts no one wants to run linger, because no one wants to run them. Sure they rotate out after so much time has passed, but that's only because no one (or very few) run it
    edited January 2015
    yvonned wrote: »
    Honestly, I believe the alerts are setup such that they run so many times and then rotate out. In other words, Nemesis alerts, and Radiation Ruble alerts and other Quick or Popular alerts are short lived because players can blast their way through them in short order and run em again (if they're still avail). They rotate out fast. Only the alerts no one wants to run linger, because no one wants to run them. Sure they rotate out after so much time has passed, but that's only because no one (or very few) run it

I'm under the same impression... It's far too coincidental that the most popular alerts vanish as quickly as they appear, and the most disliked ones linger forever... There has to be some sort of built in limit to how many of one alert gets run before it changes in addition to the timer
    jniKqKJ.png
    edited January 2015
    Radiation Rumble needs to be retuned so that it takes as long to complete as Pyramid Power.
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,619 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Not talking about Nemcon, only Alerts.

Do you really think that if they removed Q boxes from Nemesis that it won't effect the ones everywhere else in the game? They all share the same loot table. The devs won't take the time to make it unique per instance simply because Nemesis development is dead.

I say the only Nemesis changes we need ever is that someone with an actual nemesis gets priority spawn over generics.
    edited January 2015
    Do you really think that if they removed Q boxes from Nemesis that it won't effect the ones everywhere else in the game? They all share the same loot table. The devs won't take the time to make it unique per instance simply because Nemesis development is dead.

I say the only Nemesis changes we need ever is that someone with an actual nemesis gets priority spawn over generics.

I think you may be mistaken.

I don't think Q-boxes are inherently 'linked' to Nemesis only content. They drop elsewhere in the game. One huge example of the Devs being able to 'turn on and off' Q-boxes in individual Alerts was Blackfang. That Alert used to drop it, until it became THE way to farm Questionite. Then the Devs simply set "Questionitebox=1" to "Questionitebox=0" in that Alert and bingo! that's the end of that.

Again, to state the simple title to this thread....if having Questionite in Nemesis Alerts is making them rotate at a smaller frequency than others (because of the 'value' of Q-boxes), then remove the boxes and up the rotation frequency of the MOST VARIED/BEST/FUNNEST Alerts in the game (Nemesis Alerts :wink:)
  • stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Remove the most-unplayed and unwanted alerts (Anything with Ao'quephuckoff , Rak'shasa, and others everyone hates and avoids). Replace with Nem alerts.

Ignore any masochist-gamer crying about "but mah challenge!". In fact,do this in all cases.

Problem Fixed.

Since when has Rakshasa been challenging? No, seriously, I find him to be slightly annoying at times, but challenging? No way. Ao'Q isn't bad in regular alerts, especially if you have decent dps. I wouldn't bother with him in a burst since that just seems like it'd be too tedious and boring.

I'd say Val and Baron would be challenging since they can rip your face off. If you're going to complain about challenging content, why not bring them up?

And what's wrong with having challenging content? What's wrong with wanting challenging content? Are you somehow being slighted because there is content that makes someone else happy? A few alert bosses that you don't feel like you can do is an insignificant portion of content that is always around should you ever become more skilled. Is it really so offensive that these bosses are in the game? This isn't a massive, one week only, hard-core raid with awesome loot that you aren't skilled enough to participate in and will never have the opportunity to play since it'll only be around for a short time.
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
    edited January 2015
    I think you may be mistaken.

I don't think Q-boxes are inherently 'linked' to Nemesis only content. They drop elsewhere in the game. One huge example of the Devs being able to 'turn on and off' Q-boxes in individual Alerts was Blackfang. That Alert used to drop it, until it became THE way to farm Questionite. Then the Devs simply set "Questionitebox=1" to "Questionitebox=0" in that Alert and bingo! that's the end of that.

Again, to state the simple title to this thread....if having Questionite in Nemesis Alerts is making them rotate at a smaller frequency than others (because of the 'value' of Q-boxes), then remove the boxes and up the rotation frequency of the MOST VARIED/BEST/FUNNEST Alerts in the game (Nemesis Alerts :wink:)

The loot tables are per entity, not per instance/event. Every instance of a nemesis is guaranteed to drop a Q box on death. And prior to the change all instances of Blackfang also were nearly guaranteed to drop a Q box on death. ("nearly guaranteed", because he unlike nemeses, did have a chance to not drop one, it was like a 2% chance but it was there)

When Blackfang's Q Box dropping was changed for alerts, so too was his drops elsewhere.
    sterga wrote: »
    Since when has Rakshasa been challenging? No, seriously, I find him to be slightly annoying at times, but challenging? No way. Ao'Q isn't bad in regular alerts, especially if you have decent dps. I wouldn't bother with him in a burst since that just seems like it'd be too tedious and boring.

I'd say Val and Baron would be challenging since they can rip your face off. If you're going to complain about challenging content, why not bring them up?

And what's wrong with having challenging content? What's wrong with wanting challenging content? Are you somehow being slighted because there is content that makes someone else happy? A few alert bosses that you don't feel like you can do is an insignificant portion of content that is always around should you ever become more skilled. Is it really so offensive that these bosses are in the game? This isn't a massive, one week only, hard-core raid with awesome loot that you aren't skilled enough to participate in and will never have the opportunity to play since it'll only be around for a short time.

There's a difference between Challenging and Punishing. Baron & Jack Fool are challenging, they make you re-evaluate how you do things and work to counter their specific mechanics without punishing you should another member in your party be ignorant of their mechanics. Whereas Ao'qephoth is punishing, sure he can be countered, and when countered properly he melts like butter, but it only takes one person either not paying attention or not knowing how to counter him to turn him unkillable by all but the absolute best of DPSers.

If the content can be completed half a dozen ways but requires you to think differently or work around mechanics you normally wouldn't encounter, then the content can be called challenging.

If the content can only be completed one or two ways and requires you to think differently and work around mechanics you normally wouldn't encounter, then the content is punishing.

This can be compounded by internal mechanics such as a boss having an enhanced version of an ability that normally is less than half as effective.
    jniKqKJ.png
    edited January 2015
    yvonned wrote: »

So Nemesis Alerts weren't popular before they switched Alerts around, when you could do over 30 Nemesis Alerts in a row? When Nemesis Alerts use to give XP.
    edited January 2015
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    So Nemesis Alerts weren't popular before they switched Alerts around, when you could do over 30 Nemesis Alerts in a row? When Nemesis Alerts use to give XP.

Before they switched alerts around they were on a set timer and would change at preset intervals... they were literally clockwork... with some real good teams you could do close to 100 Nem Alerts in a row back then... Little is actually known about how the current rotation really works though... but it certainly seems like popular alerts get rotated out a lot quicker than unpopular ones.
    jniKqKJ.png
  • zamuelpwezamuelpwe Posts: 668 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Want to make Nemesis appear more often? Let them show up in bursts, Day at the Mall, and Museum Heist.

This is really what it feels like needs to be done. Simply make them show up more often. Trying to have the Q removed almost feels vindictive and is the wrong solution for the problem.
    "Interesting builds are born from limitations not by letting players put everything into one build."

-Sterga
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    raighn wrote: »
    Little is actually known about how the current rotation really works though... but it certainly seems like popular alerts get rotated out a lot quicker than unpopular ones.
    It appears to be a fairly long timer (which sometimes gets stuck), or it will rotate after a certain number of times for the queue actually popping (which number is fairly low, probably somewhere under 10). Hence, you get the queue stuck for ages on Ao'Qephoth.
    edited January 2015
    "Afraid" and "Not willing todelude myself into thinking masochism and bad design is fun" are two entirely different ducks in the pond, Spin. Delusional defenses of bad content do not stop it from being bad and unpopular content.

It's not bad content though, I find it very enjoyable, as do many other people, and we can't very well all be masochists... I know I'm certainly not - the second a game is unenjoyable, I stop playing.

Why remove content just because some people don't like it?

Can't tell if kidding, or intentionally trying to destroy game.

Can't tell if just really in love with stupidly easy content, or just has even shorter attention span than I do...