Install Arc
Options

The Atomic Angel - My masterpiece

124»

Comments

• Options
    generic5generic5 Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Here's the latest on Patient Zero now that she's got all of the (non-Vigilante) gear.

STR 191
    DEX 72
    CON 211
    INT 260
    EGO 10
    PRE 10
    REC 10
    END 10

Offense 234
    Critical Chance 24.1%
    Critical Severity 97.8%

Defense 183.1
    Dodge Chance 24.6%
    Avoidance 47.2%

Gear

Primary Offense: Legion's Gloves of Piercing
    1 DEX Enhancement 7 (+62), 1 INT Enhancement 5 (+55),
    1 Gambler's Lucky Gem 7 (+97 Critical Strength), 1 Sentinel's Brooch 5 (+25% Bonus Healing)

Primary Defense: Legion's Breastplate of Elusiveness
    2 INT Armoring 5 (+55 each), Avoidance Core 1 (+92 Avoidance), Gambler's Lucky Gem 5 (+127 Dodge)

Primary Utility: Legion's Helmet of Efficiency
    1 CON Armoring 5 (+55), 1 CON Enhancement 5 (+55), Gambler's Lucky Gem 6 (+88 Cost Discount), 1 Impact Prism 5 (+85 Cooldown Reduction)

Secondary Offense: Armadillo's Ring
    Secondary Defense: Armadillo's Boots
    Secondary Utility: Armadillo's Glasses

Health: 8947 / 8947 Energy: 40 / 111

Now I only need 431,088 more Questionite to get the Vigilante Gear.

Question: Is 40 Energy enough or should I raise my Recovery up a little?
    ~~~~~

"We do not do this thing because it is permitted. We do it because we have to. We do it because we are compelled." - Rorschach

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~~~~~
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    I just soloed Aftershock. Nothing out of the ordinary happened. :biggrin:

Edit: Did I kill the thread?
    ~~~~~

"We do not do this thing because it is permitted. We do it because we have to. We do it because we are compelled." - Rorschach

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~~~~~
  • Options
    ajanusajanus Posts: 501 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Just dropped by and saw this.

I was reading it all, and the whole time, thinking to myself...why is this so groundbreaking?

I mean, it's a good build, no doubt, but Epidemic/DE builds have been around since...Epidemic...

Basically just an Infernal build with Protector instead of Vindicator and Sonic Device over Fire Snake.

Granted, I haven't played in a few months, so I might be out of the loop somewhere, but seems like a pretty basic build.

Just wondering what the hesitation to share was when there are already 100s of builds very similar here on the forums already dating back to the Infernal Pass we got some time ago.

I don't mean to sound harsh or anything, it IS a good build. I just thought all of this was already common knowledge.

Remember: Half the people you know are below average...

Do not correct a fool, for he will hate you for it. Correct a wise man, for he will appreciate you for it.

Don't be like the Qularr. They would not last one round in the Interstellar Galactic Arena...

Handle @brayv
  • Options
    flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Yeah, its not exactly groundbreaking, and I think that's been pointed out a few times before already.

Main reason the thread is so long is Taco's quite enthused w/ it, and many players newer to such builds want advice on how to handle it in various content. Plus the merits and drawbacks of diff stat setups cropped up, and some debate about how Force and a few other powersets have their own merits and weaknesses, etc. Ya know- game balance stuff that tends to draw much attention wherever it crops up.

(also: welcome back!)
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • Options
    novaninja555novaninja555 Posts: 836 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Time to save up for that FF slot

"Good can be found in heights, even in the deepest pits of evil" but "The valleys of evil always exist in the mountains of good."

~me
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Hee-Hee! I just soloed Mechanon! This build rocks! :biggrin:
    ~~~~~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~~~~~
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    I just soloed Demonflame on Elite! I got dc'ed at the very end of the fight with Luther Black. The dc actually happened during the cutscene.

Luckily, I got credit for finishing it. :biggrin:
    ~~~~~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~~~~~
  • Options
    godofthornsgodofthorns Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    To the OP, the build looks pretty cool!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Thorn
  • Options
    jonandre1jonandre1 Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I spoke to chalupa earlier tonight... I've got the build up to level 20 and I'm having energy problems with it. Right now, before combat starts, I have enough energy to drop a full burst of Epidemic, which melts all the Henchmen... but if there's a Villain or higher in the group, I have to drag out the EB just to have enough energy to do anything else (though usually by the time the EB has gotten to my equilibrium point, the enemy has succumbed to the DoT.)

The issue here is that chalupaoffury said this was a leveling build, and I don't know if I should be having these issues with energy. I'm using the first build that was posted, not the later STR-based build. Here's a copy of the build, as I have it, at 20th level.

As I'm only 20th level, I don't have special gear: All I have comes from quests or random drops. Here's my stats:

STR 10
    DEX 101
    CON 64
    INT 91
    EGO 10
    PRE 20
    REC 40
    END 15

Offense 31.1
    Critical Chance 19.2%
    Critical Severity 50%

Defense 41.7
    Dodge 10.8%
    Avoidance 23.9%

I think Chalupa's a little confused, as he said he doesn't have energy problems with leveling this build. I realize the build depends on the actives, but the next level at which the build gets a MSA-feeder is 23rd, when I get Masterful Dodge... and then 29th with Ascension. Right now I don't have enough to keep MSA feeding me energy.

We're hoping that someone can tell us what's going on, if something got nerfed without being announced or what.

EDIT: Never mind, I figured out the problem. I need to use both Conviction _and_ BCR before jumping into a fight.
    edited December 2014
    I wished to try this build and noticed the energy problems you mentioned, but my solution was pretty simple: Energy Shield with Force Sheathe.

I went from not being able to kill normal Purple Gang for a two man team to killing five man team mob on hard (I'm also level 35 and boosted myself through the double XP week-end which means I've got level 20 random gear on).

The trick does come from using the defensive clickies though, as the heals themselves were not even close to keeping me up.

But starting the fight with Conviction + Bountiful Chi Ressurgence, then Masterful Dodge let me plunge into the 5 man group in hard, pop Force Shield, fill up my energy, use Sonic Device then Epidemic. By then Conviction has ended and Molecular Self-Assembly is ticking, but blocking some more is good too (in something else than 5 man in hard everything would be dead, but there are too many mobs in that particular case) to do another bout of Pestilence. Pop another Conviction (Bountiful chi should have ended and energy is trickling back) then mop up with Drain Essence.

Next group the same, but with unBreakable. I took long enough that Masterful Dodge was up for the next group so we can alternate both. For regular soloing the defensive clickies should be overkill and not needed, but Masterful Dodge and Bountiful Chi are a clutch heal as to avoid waiting to regenerate if we see our HP is too low.

I took out Ego Surge for Energy Shield, but someone smarter than me will find a better power to remove. Personally I found no use for Defile. I had 700 damage taps for brutal energy costs and Drain Essence was killing quick nicely though I know it is weak to CC.

All in all? Pretty nice build. Very durable, lotsa damage. Kudos to the author, but keep in mind Force Shield for those who are leveling, and remember to pop Conviction and Bountiful Chi *before* the fight so they trigger Molecular Self-Assembly.

P.S. Is Strength that much better than Dex? Will it kill crits to not SS dex?
  • Options
    jimhsuajimhsua Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    leandreav1 wrote: »
    P.S. Is Strength that much better than Dex? Will it kill crits to not SS dex?

This was answered earlier. In the end, if you do the math; nope.

PS Note that you'll want to grab +Severity instead of +Crit gear, though for the primary.
  • Options
    leandreav1leandreav1 Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I didn't see it, sorry. Okay then.

Another question. I find Aspect of the Infernal to be a really busy toggle that obscures my costume. Is there an alternative that will not gimp me but is not so visually intensive? The toggle that grants Concentration on maintains? Between DE and Epidemic I am always maintaining. What about the one that gives stacks with crits, once I get my crit chance to a 25-30%?
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Concentration (the general toggle in ranged Tech) will work in place of AotI- provided ya use maintains of Epidemic regularly and/or can half-charge Defile. DE wouldn't work w/ AotI by itself as is, so the energy and toggle situation won't really change w/ regards to that power by switching to Concentration (which DE also won't work with, cause its melee).

The only generalized toggle that works w/ ranged and melee on-crits is FotTempest, and that scales primarily w/ Dex- not Int or Ego.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Well, I finally have 450,000 Questionite and am ready to buy the Vigilante secondary gear.

Does anybody know which Vigilante gear does chalupaoffury have on The Atomic Angel?

I've sent him a PM on this forum, and have even sent him an in-game e-mail but have not gotten a response.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
    ~~~~~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~~~~~
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Eh, if ur gonna be splurging, the only piece of Vigilante's gear I'd suggest atm is the crit belt. Ya can find lvl 40 Unique 2ndaries almost as good as the Vigil pieces for the other slots (or better than, depending on how much ya value CD reduction).
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    I currently have the following secondary gear:

Offense: Armadillo's Ring (+4.7 Defense, +12 Offense, +36 to Secondary SuperStat)
    Defense: Armadillo's Boots: (+7.1 Defense, +36 to Secondary SuperStat)
    Utility: Armadillo's Glasses: (+4.7 Defense, +36 to Secondary SuperStat)

Set Bonus: +25% Damage Resistance

Should I just keep what I have or should I upgrade?
    ~~~~~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~~~~~
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    The Vigilante's gear can be upgrades rel to the heirloom sets as far as dps (and having shorter cd timers) is concerned. I assume that you'll lose the 25% dmgRes bonus if ya replace any of them, though.

I may just hang onto the Armadillo mini-set in case ya feel ur getting good mileage from the added dmgRes. It'll kinda depend on ur own priorities.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    OK. Thanks for all your help. :)
    ~~~~~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~~~~~
  • Options
    monsterdaddymonsterdaddy Posts: 774 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Just get the Vigilante Critical Belt and then buy a Purple Level 40 Barricade Bracer and Hospitable Eyepiece (INT +37)
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Just get the Vigilante Critical Belt and then buy a Purple Level 40 Barricade Bracer and Hospitable Eyepiece (INT +37)
    Yeah, if not keeping the Armadillo set, that's what I'd recommend atm (assuming ya can find the latter two types on the AH- even lvl 37-39 versions of them are good.. hell, the rare version of the Hospitable at lvl 40 is still decent enough).
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    chalupaoffury replied to my in-game e-mail. In case anyone else is wondering which Vigilante gear he has on The Atomic Angel, he told me that he has the Impacting Belt (but the Crit belt would be just as good), Armored Bracers and the Efficient Eyepiece.

Thanks to everybody for their help! It is greatly appreciated. :)
    ~~~~~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~~~~~
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited April 2015