test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

This game is so awesome

gemini2099gemini2099 Posts: 118 Arc User
edited December 2014 in Champions Online Discussion
I haven't been playing this game for a year, and yet I have seen so much improvement overall the last 10 months. The game is very close to turning that corner, so keep up the good work dev team. :biggrin:

Some of the costumes and auras released lately have been top notch. Content released has been good and the new loading screen really jazzes up the game.

If only Cryptic would realize the massive potential there is for super hero desire out there and tap into it to attract new people.

Just my two cents, from a newbie like me. :biggrin:
Gemini - Lvl 4x - Soldier
Omicron - Lvl 4x - Mind
Emerald Myst - Lvl 2x - Claws/Fighting Hybrid
Epsilon - Lvl 2x - Blade
Asterius - Lvl 1x - Electric/Void Hybrid

Post edited by gemini2099 on

Comments

• Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited December 2014
  • Options
    kharma23kharma23 Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Yay - Happy People! :biggrin:

Boo - Cynics! :frown:

Yall have fun now, y'hear!? \:D/

You're a lunatic with a mad man's dream of a milk proof robot!

I'm glad you enjoy it. I feel the same way, this is really the only MMO that I keep coming back to. The superhero niche is the one for me.
  • Options
    nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Oh look another doom threa.... wait wut someone said the games awesome? @_@

1364643499558.jpg
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • Options
    zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Posts: 3,797 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    nepht wrote: »
    Oh look another doom threa.... wait wut someone said the games awesome? @_@

1364643499558.jpg

Neat. A cat that you can hang on a hook.
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • Options
    riltmosriltmos Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I agree, this is a pretty awesome game, I just wished Jack realized that as well and gave a bit more love to CO, I look at the updates that other free to play games have. It has the potential to be one of the best games out on the market due to the freedom of it.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    riltmos wrote: »
    I agree, this is a pretty awesome game, I just wished Jack realized that as well and gave a bit more love to CO, I look at the updates that other free to play games have. It has the potential to be one of the best games out on the market due to the freedom of it.

Again I cant pay attention to your post even though it most likely makes 100% sense...its your forum avatar...its just too awesome @_@"
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Again I cant pay attention to your post even though it most likely makes 100% sense...its your forum avatar...its just too awesome @_@"

Thank you, Nepht! I like yours as well, and the picture it came from.
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    and just to show you, that some people can't get enough. see attached thread;
    http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=294481
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    chaelk wrote: »
    and just to show you, that some people can't get enough. see attached thread;
    http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=294481
    I really ought to stop being distracted by the new shinies, and push a couple more toons to 40. The Duck Knight's in his mid-30s now, and is trying to avert the Apocalypse, but I keep going back to leveling Rifleman, and the Visible Man, and Rudolph the Red-Nosed Pain Deer, and...
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • Options
    mrhinkypunkmrhinkypunk Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    It's become a lot harder to get a 40 now though after they got rid of mega D farming. If you stacked every XP buff in the game it used to technically be possible to get to 40 in 30 minutes to an hour. <_<
  • Options
    rtmartma Posts: 1,198 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    It's become a lot harder to get a 40 now though after they got rid of mega D farming. If you stacked every XP buff in the game it used to technically be possible to get to 40 in 30 minutes to an hour. <_<

Ha, perish the thought of actually playing the rest of the content CO has to offer then grinding one particular segment... how do you not get Bored? x.-.x
    Want to get to know me a bit better, Click me and take a read of My Dragon Profile Page, it's a bit dated but still relevant.

I take this quote from a review that I agree with.

"customisation is so linear; everyone is after the optimal dps:survivability ratio with 0 reliance on other players = autonomous gameplay... Players don't need each other anymore... which in my opinion is a bad thing."
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Again I cant pay attention to your post even though it most likely makes 100% sense...its your forum avatar...its just too awesome @_@&quot;

WTF racism, how can you think his avatar is awesome and yet say weird butt things about this:

OOcat_zps55c92e69.jpg

I left this cat somewhere in your house uwu
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    jonsills wrote: »
    I really ought to stop being distracted by the new shinies, and push a couple more toons to 40. The Duck Knight's in his mid-30s now, and is trying to avert the Apocalypse, but I keep going back to leveling Rifleman, and the Visible Man, and Rudolph the Red-Nosed Pain Deer, and...

Yeah but you hate endgame u3u so why hit level number game over?
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    spinnytop wrote: »
    Yeah but you hate endgame u3u so why hit level number game over?
    Why, for the free character slots, of course! :biggrin:
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    rtma wrote: »
    Ha, perish the thought of actually playing the rest of the content CO has to offer then grinding one particular segment... how do you not get Bored? x.-.x

With RP and creating even MORE characters!
  • Options
    zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Posts: 3,797 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    jonsills wrote: »
    Why, for the free character slots, of course! :biggrin:

Now that the true endgame.

MOAR HEROES!
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    WTF racism, how can you think his avatar is awesome and yet say weird butt things about this:

OOcat_zps55c92e69.jpg

I left this cat somewhere in your house uwu

LOOK AT IT! Its the face of a vitamin B overdosed serial killer. It does not know what end the Red Bull goes thats why its eyes are watering.

That &^%* is wrong.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    rtma wrote: »

I play CO for the combat, not the story. There really isn't much out in the rest of that content that you can't get out of a Grab. If I get bored, going out into the rest of that content actually only makes it worse :|
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    LOOK AT IT! Its the face of a vitamin B overdosed serial killer. It does not know what end the Red Bull goes thats why its eyes are watering.

That &^%* is wrong.

Ur face is wrong.

&^%* u3u
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    I play CO for the combat, not the story. There really isn't much out in the rest of that content that you can't get out of a Grab. If I get bored, going out into the rest of that content actually only makes it worse :|

I play CO for all the drama llamas that take this game to seriously :D
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Ur face is wrong.

&^%* u3u

My face is awesome and it should bloody well be so it cost me enough >:D

( for those curious my real face is somwhere on mah primus page :P )
  • Options
    edited December 2014

You must be mourning the loss of pvp u3u
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    You must be mourning the loss of pvp u3u

Xeno is back. My popcorn machine is back in action.
  • Options
    bellerauxbelleraux Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited December 2014

I play CO to show off to newbies when they need help with a mission and I ROFLSTOMP the mobs around.

Like the reason I play 99% of the games online.

No, just kidding. I play CO because I like experimenting with builds.

Call Maverick if you need a DPS help, or Combat Medic if you need a healer.

I am known for having extremely good or extremely bad luck with drops.
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I play it because i can make lots of characters and I hate gear grind and lose interest in characters as soon as I get them levelled.

they still get used in RP stories(including the one I've been putting off typing my bit this week)
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• Options
    vinxbrvinxbr Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Well, i personally like a lot of things about this game, customization, (obviously) combats (is not a real action MMO, but is better than just click and watch) and the story (specially the APs and Crisis like VB Apochalipse) :biggrin:
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Every time I look at the title of this thread's name, I automatically think of Kevin Poe. I think I made too many characters lately.
  • Options
    sarovensaroven Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    gemini2099 wrote: »
    I haven't been playing this game for a year, and yet I have seen so much improvement overall the last 10 months. The game is very close to turning that corner, so keep up the good work dev team. :biggrin:

Some of the costumes and auras released lately have been top notch. Content released has been good and the new loading screen really jazzes up the game.

If only Cryptic would realize the massive potential there is for super hero desire out there and tap into it to attract new people.

Just my two cents, from a newbie like me. :biggrin:

Another person happy to be playing this game. How nice. :smile:
  • Options
    gurugeorgegurugeorge Posts: 421 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    The odd thing about CO is that it's the only modern MMO I feel is actually worth subscribing to; however, I only do that every now and then. Haven't played since 2013 and now I'm back in and loving it as much as ever.

Yeah, it could have been better. And I would have preferred a more "serious" take, with more "realistic" graphics on the whole. But I love the build system and the customization that lets me create a finely-tuned, finely-tailored and precise character of my own making.

It's a shame that potential for creativity is not enough to make this a hit game for most people. If Cryptic had finished it in the first place (more content, perfecting the systems, some endgame) instead of hareing off after the STO licence, and then Neverwinter, things might have been different. Instead of one fantastic MMO that could have been a new home for all the world's superhero fans, we now have three middling MMOs, but hey, all 3 of the Cryptic games are fun in parts, and both STO and NW are fun enough f2p games.

But yeah, the Gold is definitely worth paying for, and if I could justify it financially I'd be subbed all the time or get a lifetime.