test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Why can't we play as Villains?

Comments

• pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    saroven wrote: »
    Hate to bump an old thread but I have the same question as the OP. Why can't we play as villains?
    As long as you're willing to do the same missions and content as everyone else, you're entirely free to play a villain ;). The problem is that it's a lot of content to write for a very small number of interested people.
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Just make a FOTY pvp build and go around challenging people to duels and attacking theme builders in hero games. There, villain content galore!
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I'm kinda surprised
    I'm kinda surprised
    I'm kinda surprised
    I'm kinda surprised
    I'm kinda surprised
    I'm kinda surprised

We all are.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    edited December 2014
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    We are the most annoying bunch of MMO players the world has ever seen. We are all villains* :D

*as far as the devs are concerned
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,315 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    nepht wrote: »
    We are the most annoying bunch of MMO players the world has ever seen. We are all villains* :D

*as far as the devs are concerned
    Not even close. We're third, at best.

We're easily outdone by the forumites at NW and STO...
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    jonsills wrote: »
    Not even close. We're third, at best.

We're easily outdone by the forumites at NW and STO...

Yeah, STO's forumers are like a bunch of whiny hipsters or something. Can't say anything about NW, though, as I don't hang out over there.
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    NW

it's all;
    when are you going to get rid of the gold sellers?
    why are you stopping us from getting all this cheap stuff from the gold sellers.
    why can't we keep getting all the legendary stuff quickly
    why aren't we getting new maps?
    why aren't you fixing these bugs
    why do I have to pay for this
    why do I have to work at this
    why aren't all the classes balanced-- and the same people would likely complain about them being balanced.

it can be summoned up by ...
    why aren't ypou doing what I want with the game?
    me want NOW. gimme free
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• avianosavianos Posts: 6,021 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Ask yourself

Do you really want to play as a Villain in such Goofy Colorful Game like CO? (Foxbat comes in mind)

Besides that would require Extra Resources and DEVs attention
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • sarovensaroven Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    lol at some of these responses :tongue:

I think it would be a lot of fun to have new content in the game built around playing as a bad guy. CoV was a lot of fun. I'm sure it would be fun here.
    edited December 2014
    lol at some of these responses :tongue:

I think it would be a lot of fun to have new content in the game built around playing as a bad guy. CoV was a lot of fun. I'm sure it would be fun here.
    You're missing the point. It would be fun to have NEW CONTENT. That doesn't seem to be happening any time soon.

And do you truly imagine this game has such a large player base that it would long survive fracturing that base? Hells, we can't even get enough people interested in fighting each other to sustain PvP, aside from the occasional duel in RenCen or next to Kodiak.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

edited December 2014
    You're missing the point. It would be fun to have NEW CONTENT. That doesn't seem to be happening any time soon.

And do you truly imagine this game has such a large player base that it would long survive fracturing that base? Hells, we can't even get enough people interested in fighting each other to sustain PvP, aside from the occasional duel in RenCen or next to Kodiak.

Since it seems the devs have no interest in giving more hero content I think it behooves us to ask for villain content.

The player base would probably grow with the opportunity to play as bad guys. I have old guild mates from CoV that won't play this game for exactly that reason. I know they aren't the only ones that would play this if given the chance to play as a bad guy. Just look at how DCO is doing fine with both hero and villain player options.
    edited December 2014
    According to the former Paragon employees, villain-side was never that popular anyway; they say most of the sales of CoV were driven by the introduction of supergroup bases.

And it's not that the devs aren't interested in giving us more content - it's that they can only work on that which the beancounters have decreed as worth the cost. And the beancounters don't seem to believe that further expansions are worth it.

Look, if you really have some juvenile need to be The Bad Guy, there are plenty of games out there to tickle that particular desire - APB Reloaded springs to mind, for instance. Or play the GTA series, whose world doesn't seem to even include good guys. But adding villain play to CO would do nothing except shrink the player-base even further, possibly driving the game over the edge into unprofitability.

Of course, all of this has been thoroughly covered before in this necrothread; had you read it, none of this would be necessary. (And had you read the ToS before signing off on it, you would have known better than to necropost anyway.)

• cryptickalidorcryptickalidor Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    This would be my suggestion --

Revamp Vibora as the Villain zone for levels 1-28 (or whatever MC does). Make the Desert, Canada, Monster Island and Lemuria act as cross over zones and reskin some of the missions and dump them into places like the Viper base instead of Project Greenskin (Where you'd go in and eliminate the UNTIL agents guarding a complex and then set bombs rather than disarm them, or whatever) and create a narrative for each zone as to why the villains are working with these other guys, explain their motives but the missions would largely be interchangable.

Vibora would get a totally new narrative in which the current gangs are in power under Therakial and the playerss, under the direction of Destroyer or Viper would be fighting for their own supremacy. Users would then be able to hop back and forth between the other zones and back as they currently do with MC.

MC would be off limit to villains (or would initiate a PVP flag if they go there) and vice versa for Vibora and Heroes.

Not much would be lost by making Vibora the villain mirror of MC, or at least nothing that the 3 players at a time that go there would ultimately miss.
  • gandalesgandales Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Given how well Cryptic has managed CO with only heroes, I can't even imagine putting another to be neglected child in the house.

That being said, heroes are mostly reactive to events. Villains on the other hand create those events and take a proactive approach. CoV and DCUO basically mirroed the heroes into villains, so villains for the most part where reactive to other villains and heroes.

In my opinion, the best shot for villainy in CO is the nemesis system, some sort of LotRO plaver vs. monster escenario, in which another player can take control of the nemesis, more like a dungeon master but without that much power.
    edited December 2014
    According to the former Paragon employees, villain-side was never that popular anyway; they say most of the sales of CoV were driven by the introduction of supergroup bases.

And it's not that the devs aren't interested in giving us more content - it's that they can only work on that which the beancounters have decreed as worth the cost. And the beancounters don't seem to believe that further expansions are worth it.

Look, if you really have some juvenile need to be The Bad Guy, there are plenty of games out there to tickle that particular desire - APB Reloaded springs to mind, for instance. Or play the GTA series, whose world doesn't seem to even include good guys. But adding villain play to CO would do nothing except shrink the player-base even further, possibly driving the game over the edge into unprofitability.

Of course, all of this has been thoroughly covered before in this necrothread; had you read it, none of this would be necessary. (And had you read the ToS before signing off on it, you would have known better than to necropost anyway.)

You lose any expectation of reasonable discussion when you decide to needlessly insult. There is nothing "juvenile" in wanting a more varied player expectation.

But I guess you missed that part of the ToS about insulting others before you signed off on it.

:rolleyes:
    edited December 2014
    You lose any expectation of reasonable discussion when you decide to needlessly insult. There is nothing "juvenile" in wanting a more varied player expectation.

But I guess you missed that part of the ToS about insulting others before you signed off on it.

Don't worry, Jonsils is protected by the "old fart" clause, so he is allowed to use a few very specific insults.

...or wait... was it the "don't be a weeny, that's not a real insult" clause.... it was one of those. I personally take great pride in being juvenile occasionally while talking about a silly video game uwu

Either way, Jonsils was permanently traumatized by the zombie scourge event in WoW, so that's why he reacts that way to mentions of playing villains ...why it's entirely possible I may have been one of the people who traumatized him...wouldn't surprise me if Jon was also on a rp server... o3o

When I picture villain content in my mind, it takes the shape of all "new" "upstart" content the game has had, aka, they'll start it with a lot of enthusiasm, that will quickly fizzle out leaving us with a 20% completed feature. Even less endgame than hero-side gets (aka literally none), no alerts, no rampages, absolute bare minimum number of missions leading to a single one-by-one leveling path, no special costume parts, no equivelant nemesis system, no special hideouts, no special PVP maps.... if we're lucky, maybe we'll get a special vehicle... that heroes end up also getting access to.

You know speaking of which, as much as people complain about vehicles, it's actually one of the few features they're still developing... because it's "content" you can sell to the players piece by piece, and each new piece you come out with for players to buy leads to sales of other things related to it.

Villain quests, when I imagine them, will be stuff like "Fight through small groups of Until troops, and activate all the bombs, then beat up Defender". I doubt we'd get any "Slaughter as many civilians as possible in 5 minutes using a giant gattling rocket launcher" quests.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    My experience in DCUO kinda made me think the only real change they'd need to do is a special HQ for villains. DCUO technically had different missions for heroes and villains, but everything used the same assets except the HQs.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
    edited December 2014
    I want a real cosmic fight...

And by that I mean we fight the boss in outer space... and the boss itself is a small zone.. and we have to go through that zone quickly completing various objectives to defeat the boss... the boss who is a zone.
    edited December 2014
    spinnytop wrote: »
    I want a real cosmic fight...

And by that I mean we fight the boss in outer space... and the boss itself is a small zone.. and we have to go through that zone quickly completing various objectives to defeat the boss... the boss who is a zone.
    You mean like Cislunar Mechanon? Or did you have something in mind more akin to the "dead" Reaper in ME2?

"A god - a real god - is a verb. Not some old man with magic powers. It's a force. It warps reality just by being there. It doesn't have to want to. It doesn't have to think about it. It just does."

edited December 2014
    This would be my suggestion --

Revamp Vibora as the Villain zone for levels 1-28 (or whatever MC does). Make the Desert, Canada, Monster Island and Lemuria act as cross over zones and reskin some of the missions and dump them into places like the Viper base instead of Project Greenskin (Where you'd go in and eliminate the UNTIL agents guarding a complex and then set bombs rather than disarm them, or whatever) and create a narrative for each zone as to why the villains are working with these other guys, explain their motives but the missions would largely be interchangable.

Vibora would get a totally new narrative in which the current gangs are in power under Therakial and the playerss, under the direction of Destroyer or Viper would be fighting for their own supremacy. Users would then be able to hop back and forth between the other zones and back as they currently do with MC.

MC would be off limit to villains (or would initiate a PVP flag if they go there) and vice versa for Vibora and Heroes.

Not much would be lost by making Vibora the villain mirror of MC, or at least nothing that the 3 players at a time that go there would ultimately miss.

Now this is the kind of easy to implement change that should not take too much in development resources. It reminds me of the way Klingons are dealt with in STO.
    edited December 2014
    My experience in DCUO kinda made me think the only real change they'd need to do is a special HQ for villains. DCUO technically had different missions for heroes and villains, but everything used the same assets except the HQs.

I played both sides in DCUO, often in the same day. They were the same missions just fighting the opposie people. The NPC's you have helping you, would be the NPC's the opposite side would be helping.
    Please try to understand the difference between the games

STO has over 50 devs working on it.

CO has 12.

STO has all it's assets tagged because of the Foundry.

CO doesn't.

Step 1: of the easy to implement change. Our devs do NOTHING but locate all the assets for those missions and zones for however many months it takes.

During which time, NOTHING else gets put in. NO money makers. No bugs fixes, nothing.

Step 2: they then spend ALL of their time converting the missions.

During which time, NOTHING else gets put in. NO money makers. No bugs fixes, nothing.

'
    and;
    NO, they won't take people off the other games to work on it.
    Trailturtle has already stated, we get what our income affords. No cross subsidizing.

The game is about Super heroes. If you want to play a villain, there are plenty of games where you can.
    Often ones, where the sociopathic nutter is the supposed hero.
    to repeat a few conversations about a month after people from CoH came over;
    when do you get your next update?
    we don't
    when do you get your next power set?
    we don't
    when do you get your new zone?
    we don't
    when do we get the Foundry?
    we don't

WE have had an improvement in updates during the last year but if you're expecting anything along the lines of what STO gets. You're in for a long wait.

edited December 2014
    Until Hell freezes over to be more exact. And Stygia and Cania don't count.
    edited December 2014
    You mean like Cislunar Mechanon? Or did you have something in mind more akin to the "dead" Reaper in ME2?

"A god - a real god - is a verb. Not some old man with magic powers. It's a force. It warps reality just by being there. It doesn't have to want to. It doesn't have to think about it. It just does."

Never played ME2, and no to cisulnar, that's just your regular run of the mill hallway of enemies.

I mean more like it's a giant boss guy and the zone you're fighting on is a big open area on top of his body and you have to fight various parts of his body or whatever and like creatures that live on its body, while the body itself is attacking you as well... until eventually you fight your way to the head and beat that up.

would work best with some sort of lovecraftian horror, though some sort of giant robot would work too.
    edited December 2014
    Never played ME2, and no to cisulnar, that's just your regular run of the mill hallway of enemies.

I mean more like it's a giant boss guy and the zone you're fighting on is a big open area on top of his body and you have to fight various parts of his body or whatever and like creatures that live on its body, while the body itself is attacking you as well... until eventually you fight your way to the head and beat that up.

would work best with some sort of lovecraftian horror, though some sort of giant robot would work too.
    The mission I referenced was rather Lovecraftian. You were dispatched to the corpse of a Reaper (giant robots that "reap" technological races from the galaxy every 50,000 years, and last game you prevented their return - for now) to discover why the Cerberus team there stopped reporting in.

As you go through the Reaper, you find video logs from the personnel; there's a growing sense of unease, as the walls seem to twist when just at the edge of their vision, and they begin to find their memories merging. The quote I included was from the last log, which also mentions that "even dead gods dream," a line that should be familiar to anyone who knows the Lovecraft mythos.

Along the way, at least after the second log, you also find yourself fighting Husks, former living beings who have been converted by Reaper technology into cybernetic slaves. And in the room with the last log, you also find a rather horrifying sort of shrine - where the researchers had been sacrificing each other to their new god, using Husk-conversion spikes.

In the very last room, you have to fight wave after wave of Husks and Scions (large version, made up of several Husks bound together into a new shape), while taking potshots at the Reaper's mass effect core until you can destroy it. Then you get a cutscene of yourself and your teammates (and your potential new teammate) jumping across a large gap and into the airlock of the Normandy, making your escape in the nick of time as the Reaper finishes falling into the brown dwarf protostar it was hiding in...

edited December 2014
    The mission I referenced was rather Lovecraftian. You were dispatched to the corpse of a Reaper (giant robots that "reap" technological races from the galaxy every 50,000 years, and last game you prevented their return - for now) to discover why the Cerberus team there stopped reporting in.

As you go through the Reaper, you find video logs from the personnel; there's a growing sense of unease, as the walls seem to twist when just at the edge of their vision, and they begin to find their memories merging. The quote I included was from the last log, which also mentions that "even dead gods dream," a line that should be familiar to anyone who knows the Lovecraft mythos.

Along the way, at least after the second log, you also find yourself fighting Husks, former living beings who have been converted by Reaper technology into cybernetic slaves. And in the room with the last log, you also find a rather horrifying sort of shrine - where the researchers had been sacrificing each other to their new god, using Husk-conversion spikes.

In the very last room, you have to fight wave after wave of Husks and Scions (large version, made up of several Husks bound together into a new shape), while taking potshots at the Reaper's mass effect core until you can destroy it. Then you get a cutscene of yourself and your teammates (and your potential new teammate) jumping across a large gap and into the airlock of the Normandy, making your escape in the nick of time as the Reaper finishes falling into the brown dwarf protostar it was hiding in...

Yeah that sounds more like the dungeons we have now. A major distinction would be that in my vision you're actually on the outside of the reaper, and it's still alive and actively attacking all the players running around on its body, while also other things are.
    edited December 2014

got to that part just as i thought, as long as the body parts aren't tentacles.

• foxypersonfoxyperson Posts: 251 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    A couple villain mission arcs, an alternate "Socrates" mission computer, and a flag system. These things would be doable.

Remember any suggestions must be "budget conscious." We may no longer be in "full" maintenance mode but CO may require another year in probation before we get promoted to Cryptic's B-List.
    edited December 2014
    foxyperson wrote: »
    A couple villain mission arcs, an alternate "Socrates" mission computer, and a flag system. These things would be doable.

Remember any suggestions must be "budget conscious." We may no longer be in "full" maintenance mode but CO may require another year in probation before we get promoted to Cryptic's B-List.

We can all agree we want that to happen at least :smile:
    edited December 2014
    No. No, in fact, we can't.

edited December 2014
    no, I don't agree with that at all.

don't make assumptions based on one persons suggestion of a more reasonable request than cryptickalidor 's one about Vibora bay.
    here's a better idea. write up each of these as a proposal

the Vibora bay suggestion and this one of story arcs.
    making sure to specify how many missions in an arc. since you will need ones for all level groups.

then there's the PvP aspect, will villains be able to attack heroes, even if they have duels whitelisted?

type it up properly and then send it to Trailturtle our community manager and also Assistant product manager.

ask him if this is feasible on Champions budget and roughly how long it would take to do, also whether the team at CN will be able to get anything else done at the same time.

edited December 2014

I don't want playable villain content. I think it'd be a terrible waste of time... so I'm not sure where you got the idea that we all agree on that u_u
    edited December 2014
    I don't want playable villain content. I think it'd be a terrible waste of time... so I'm not sure where you got the idea that we all agree on that u_u

I was referring to the last part in that post about moving up the list in terms of dev resources committed to the game.
    edited December 2014
    I was referring to
    I was referring to the last part in that post about moving up the list in terms of dev resources committed to the game.

There are ways to make it clear which part of a quote you are directly referring to .-.
    edited December 2014
    Such as removing the part that isn't relevant.
    edited December 2014
    There are ways to make it clear which part of a quote you are directly referring to .-.

And in case you missed it:

Note you did not disagree with what I said thus proving the veracity of the original statement. :tongue:
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Make an effort to create ongoing, team PvP. Set up teams (SGs) that are made of villains and heroes, and then organize team duels against each other, using whole maps.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
    edited December 2014
    chaelk wrote: »
    no, I don't agree with that at all.

don't make assumptions based on one persons suggestion of a more reasonable request than cryptickalidor 's one about Vibora bay.
    here's a better idea. write up each of these as a proposal

the Vibora bay suggestion and this one of story arcs.
    making sure to specify how many missions in an arc. since you will need ones for all level groups.

then there's the PvP aspect, will villains be able to attack heroes, even if they have duels whitelisted?

type it up properly and then send it to Trailturtle our community manager and also Assistant product manager.

ask him if this is feasible on Champions budget and roughly how long it would take to do, also whether the team at CN will be able to get anything else done at the same time.

This is a good idea. It should let us know if they plan on ever doing something like CoV for this game or not.
  • cryptickalidorcryptickalidor Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I don't mind if you guys think my suggestions are outlandish. People thought my breakdown of how vechiles could work in game were outlandish. People thought my ideas about how to revamp the starting levels to keep people from being dumped into the desert or Canada out of the tutorial were outlandish and instead into the MC big city setting where superheroes are traditionally found were outlandish and the devs took note of those suggestions, and the discussions and the threads and real change happened.

I know we aren't where we were 4-5 years ago -- but from what I've seen in the past months since the return of my hiatus is that the current dev team cares about this game.

Maybe we won't get Vibora Bay as the villain starting city... but that's not to say the framework of Dark Champions or Nemesis can't start to be laid out.

But I'll continue to settle for the return of the Twitter and Facebook integration for the time being. :wink:
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Make an effort to create ongoing, team PvP. Set up teams (SGs) that are made of villains and heroes, and then organize team duels against each other, using whole maps.
    Or, you can play Stronghold Apocalypse.
    edited December 2014
    Or, you can play Stronghold Apocalypse.
    Use existing content the way it's intended? Madness!! Why, next you'll be suggesting that people who can't duel in the middle of RenCen during Winter Festival take their fights to the pre-designed dueling rings in the Powerhouse!

edited December 2014
    I don't mind if you guys think my suggestions are outlandish. People thought my breakdown of how vechiles could work in game were outlandish. People thought my ideas about how to revamp the starting levels to keep people from being dumped into the desert or Canada out of the tutorial were outlandish and instead into the MC big city setting where superheroes are traditionally found were outlandish and the devs took note of those suggestions, and the discussions and the threads and real change happened.

I know we aren't where we were 4-5 years ago -- but from what I've seen in the past months since the return of my hiatus is that the current dev team cares about this game.

Maybe we won't get Vibora Bay as the villain starting city... but that's not to say the framework of Dark Champions or Nemesis can't start to be laid out.

But I'll continue to settle for the return of the Twitter and Facebook integration for the time being. :wink:

so now we know who to blame for having ONE start area instead of TWO, do you have any idea of exactly how sick people are of doing Westside on every single character?
    and how few people actually leave Mil City. Too many do Westside, north of city, east of city, spam alerts.
    WE have had people get to 40 without even finding out there are other maps.

oh and since you've been away during implementation.
    You've missed the long string of complaints about vehicles as devices instead of TP's.
    also about the tier 1, 2,3 vehicle weapons.
    about the unbalanced and OP weapons vs the near useless ones. The fixes and nerfs.
    about the lack of content for the vehicle devices.
    Hopefully you won't come out with too many more ideas like these.

remember when thinking of wasting time working on facebook and twitter.
    STO & NW are in the California office with large DEV groups and the main office staff.
    CO has cryptic north in Seattle with 12 DEVS and who knows how many office staff. Which are the ones who get to update the social media items.
    <tactless comments left in>

edited December 2014
    People thought my ideas about how to revamp the starting levels to keep people from being dumped into the desert or Canada out of the tutorial were outlandish and instead into the MC big city setting where superheroes are traditionally found were outlandish and the devs took note of those suggestions, and the discussions and the threads and real change happened.

Ah, so you're to blame for that. We've been repeatedly begging them to undo that horrible decision since implemented.

Vehicles became glorified travel powers btw.
    edited December 2014

And in case you missed it:

Note you did not disagree with what I said thus proving the veracity of the original statement. :tongue:

I did actually.

In case you missed it.
    edited December 2014
    I did actually.

In case you missed it.

Actually, you did not. In case you missed it I said I was referring to the hope the game gets more development resources. Something I think anyone who plays this game would want. Unless you disagree and want less resources than it has now? :biggrin:
  • jennymachxjennymachx Posts: 3,000 Arc User
    edited December 2014

33zckee.gif
    edited December 2014
    Actually, you did not. In case you missed it I said I was referring to the hope the game gets more development resources. Something I think anyone who plays this game would want. Unless you disagree and want less resources than it has now? :biggrin:

You should check back I think you missed a few responses.
    jennymachx wrote: »
    33zckee.gif

Do it Jenny. Hit him.
  • meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited December 2014
    People thought my ideas about how to revamp the starting levels to keep people from being dumped into the desert or Canada out of the tutorial were outlandish and instead into the MC big city setting where superheroes are traditionally found were outlandish and the devs took note of those suggestions, and the discussions and the threads and real change happened.

You mean this exceptionally idiotic idea to keep all the people being dumped into this always-the-same boring bottleneck of the Westside, on each and every new character, with the only alternative being alerts?

Yesss, such a great idea it is.

Everyone should be proud of it.

Funny how it's not a very popular one. Given all the upset when leveling alerts were slowed down and pople had to spend more time in Westside.

This game wil never see a villain faction. It was not made with factions in mind. It took Cryptic years to finally set STO Klingon faction more-or-less right with much more investment made for the game than CO ever had.

And hopefully Cryptic now will be wiser that to listen to the few at the expense of the many.

Also, villains aren't a playable option in Champions PnP as well, so it's not even in the source material.
This discussion has been closed.