test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

WTB a rampage token conversion vendor

chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
edited December 2014 in Champions Online Discussion
Please? I run sky carrier often when it comes up, but it takes forever and doesn't pop often. I run Lemurian invasion pretty frequently, and I have one scale. I'd trade 5 of any rampage items for one from a set that doesn't drop frequently. I'd still have 4 full sets. I'd still run rampages.

Can we make this happen? Please? Even with tricked out vehicles and silly personal dps, I can't get these anymore. The annoying rampages don't pop often enough. I'd even spend drifter salvage on em. Just... Something here. It needs to change. It's not like we can easily trade this gear.
In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
dbnzfo.png
RIP Caine
Post edited by chalupaoffury on

Comments

• Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    the only ones I have are 1 sky command and 1 lemurian invasion.
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,090 Cryptic Developer
    edited December 2014
    I think I'd prefer SC and LI to be enjoyable to play.
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I like the actual mission feel of LI and SC -- each tells a little story, whereas F&I and Gravitar don't.

On the other hand, as Rampages, they are simply too long. Each could just have a Rampage version that is shorter, like the final fight only, maybe making that final fight a bit tougher.

To the OP, I dunno. It took a long time to earn the tokens to outfit my main toon with Justice Gear. It felt like an accomplishment that I had to really farm in order to earn.

I have 15 level 40 toons, and I don't actually think it should be easy for me to equip them all with this top-end gear. Equipping them with Legion and Heroic gear is simply a matter of Gs, Q, and SCR as soon as they hit level 40. It's just book keeping. Justice Gear isn't like that.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    kaizerin wrote: »
    I think I'd prefer SC and LI to be enjoyable to play.

For me, at this rate its either/or.. though making LI and SC not as tedious would be the better solution- else people will likely just spam Gravi when she's up and ignore the rest.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • Options
    pallihwtfpallihwtf Posts: 677 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    yeess YEEESS! I only have like 21 Gravitar's diamonds. yees, JHEHEHEH. Gimme dat vendor, now. Hehe. Gravitar shall be the only rampage I will ever do.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    @Pallih in game
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Or just change the requirements for justice gear to be 8 tokens in any combination. I mean okay, we get it, you had to do that whole "play all of them" thing to motivate us to go and experience them all cause you were worried we would only do the ones we actually like. Whatever... we did that... can we just only do the ones we actually like now?
  • Options
    oddbirdyoddbirdy Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Seriously though, yes, this would be a good thing. It's a pain to have extras of some and only lack certain tokens and wait 2-3 weeks for that rampage to come back around because it just. won't. drop.
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    OH PLEASE DO SO!

I freaking hate Lemurian Invansion and Sky Command
    Fire and Ice just force Pre-Team and Trinity!

Lemurian Invansion is so TEDIOUS, Annoying and Laggy if you try to fight the boss with anything that is NOT a Vehicles

Sky Commander Hasn't been really Generous on my runs...

oOQibDL.png

Sidenote: those are all my tokens since the Launch of the Updated Rampage System! None was spend

I STILL HAVEN'T GOT MY FIRST JUSTICE GEAR! (not that I really care, I play with TOO many characters to care for the Best Gear...)

... I really like Gravitar, I STILL Farm her for Questionite with all my characters (2 runs each)
    I find her fight enjoyable, YES she is still a B!tch but at least her Queue is PUG FRIENDLY and doesn't take forever
    especially now that I have a lotsa FreeForms.. but what is the use of having 95 Superdense diamonds when they are useless alone? @_@
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    jimhsuajimhsua Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Yes.

/10characters
  • Options
    foxypersonfoxyperson Posts: 251 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    /signed

The values could go something like:

Gravitar Diamond < Lemurian Scale < Destreum Bearing < Hypercooled Ingbrignite.

It would be something like Legion vs. Justice gear, even if you don't luck out right away you still climb slowly your way to the goal, you still get something to show for your effort every step of the way. That's a lot more motivating.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    gradii wrote: »
    they should have implemented this from the start with guaranteed token fragment drops like we kept suggesting but oh nooo.

It was already explained long ago why that wouldn't have worked for the purpose that the system had. With a "fixed number" system, the "everyone already has their pieces" effect would have settled in after a week, instead of whatever duration we got out of it.

Now it just feels like I'm being told "If you don't want to do all of them, you might as well not do any of them" though T3T
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    spinnytop wrote: »

Now it just feels like I'm being told "If you don't want to do all of them, you might as well not do any of them" though

It does kinda feel like this, actually. I like Fire and Ice, and Gravitar. Lemurian Invasion is sorta okay, but I really don't like SC much at all. After I got a set of Justice Gear for my main, I stopped playing all Rampages, actually.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    bellerauxbelleraux Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I like the actual mission feel of LI and SC -- each tells a little story, whereas F&I and Gravitar don't.

Perhaps, but Gravitar and F&I are fast. Lemurian Invasion is long by itself, and in Sky Command you are bound to use up the exact same amount of time. The time it takes to complete one of them is the time you'd take to do Gravitar 5 times, for instance, therefore not getting their Rampage Token quickly is very annoying. I'm not saying the tokens should rain on my head just for me being there, but can you imagine how much time I'd lose if I did any of those two long-**** Rampages like I did with Gravitar, when I went to this Rampage 17 times in a row?

Call Maverick if you need a DPS help, or Combat Medic if you need a healer.

I am known for having extremely good or extremely bad luck with drops.
  • Options
    xcaligaxxcaligax Posts: 1,096 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Just get rid of the Sky Command timer, and let the waves progress based on how fast the team kills them.

Get rid of cut scenes in Lemurian Invasion, aside from the last one involving how to properly kill the harbinger.

Those aren't hard to do.
  • Options
    monsterdaddymonsterdaddy Posts: 774 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    The Mega-D and the Harbinger need to drop nice loot for the massive time investment in addition to the token. I don't know why you made Gravitar's costume pieces sooo easy to get but you broke that loot table.
  • Options
    kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,090 Cryptic Developer
    edited December 2014
    /unsigned
    You guys are missing the problem and discussing a lazy solution. LI and SC are too long and boring, this needs to be addressed (and frankly Gravitar is too easy and quick and should be toughened up).
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    gradii wrote: »
    Honestly fire and Ice is the easiest rampage IF you can put together a team which knows how to beat it.

I can't stress how much I agree with this statement. I think I'd need all the arrows of the universe.

There is no mistery at all to do Fire and Ice. It's the exact same formula with exact the same method. The ONLY real challenge is if you go to a random queue and end up with a team lacking tanks, healers or good DPS's. Other than that it's merely a question of "do X to solve Y".

Gravitar is more challenging because she's unpredictable. Sometimes I think her targeting system is just random. I have taken 3 FCs from her with my healer while I wasn't even healing anyone because she targeted me first. Basically I was standing there using my shield on myself because she thought I was bitten by a radioactive chihuahua...

• Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Possibly more people would do SC and LI if the drop rates were improved. They are both a significant investment of time for a relatively small chance of a payout. Wouldn't be hard to do this, would it?

In the current rotation I was able to do LI about 3x the first day, but it hasn't popped when I've been in game since. :frown: I'm willing to do the grind, but I need some others.
    /unsigned
    You guys are missing the problem and discussing a lazy solution. LI and SC are too long and boring, this needs to be addressed (and frankly Gravitar is too easy and quick and should be toughened up).
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Sky Command and Lemuria Invansion need to get Revisit as well!

Lemuria Invansion for the Long Side-Quests until the Boss!
    The fact that the Boss is a Frame-Rate killer if he gets Chilled/Clinging Flamed/Negative Ioned/Poisoned/Bleeded Seriously WTF CRYPTIC

and Sky Command for forcing a Timer on you
    (and frankly Gravitar is too easy and quick and should be toughened up).

38f.gif

Just because she is easy for YOU and your Builds, doesn't mean she is easy for Everyone
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    jimhsuajimhsua Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I wanted to link to a couple of previous posts that discuss this very topic. (there are more, but I got tired linking).

My specific posts on LI (2, out of a few dozen):

http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=4442111&postcount=21

http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=4466191&postcount=48

For concrete suggestions (not "too long/boring", this post by crosschan):

http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=4442901&postcount=29

For SC, end the rampage when mega-d goes down, and call it a day.
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,591 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Lemurian Invasion is half assed and Sky Command gives the worst rewards when it came out. The reason why the latter isn't giving out tokens because Cryptic wants to make up for how many were given out in the first few days. Or because Cryptic doesn't know how to adjust enough instead of overnerfing/overbuffing things to kingdom come.

I miss the drops when Sky Command was first made into a Rampage. They were FAIR. Especially for the time you have to wait for it to get done.

Gravitar doesn't need to be tougher. It needs to be made interesting. This is a city wide attack. I want to feel like its a city wide attack.

Rampages in general just need to be made into mini zone epics with multiple phases and a drop point at the end of each part. Comic format but with a whole zone of players.
  • Options
    xcaligaxxcaligax Posts: 1,096 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Dear Cryptic,

Make content where I'm actually scared to not have a healer, get rid of the Sky Command Timer and Lemurian Invasion cut scenes. Thanks.

- Caliga
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Rampages in general just need to be made into mini zone epics with multiple phases and a drop point at the end of each part. Comic format but with a whole zone of players.

It just ocurred to me.

What if Rampages were totally overhauled to be like the tutorial, aka a separated map with truly city-wide attacks?

• Options
    edited December 2014
    xcaligax wrote: »
    Dear Cryptic,

Make content where I'm actually scared to not have a healer, get rid of the Sky Command Timer and Lemurian Invasion cut scenes. Thanks.

- Caliga

Go play WoW if you want trinity content. This is a super hero game, not a "LF1M Need Healer" game.
    belleraux wrote: »
    It just ocurred to me.

What if Rampages were totally overhauled to be like the tutorial, aka a separated map with truly city-wide attacks?

What if instead they just made minor adjustments to the rampages... and then used your idea instead to make completely new Rampages since that's what they would effectively be doing anyway?

Something with mega-destroids attacking the city, with multiple attacks going on at the same time, with various important buildings that have hit points, and the destroids need to be stopped before they blow up those buildings (give them an attack that always hits the buildings no matter who has the destroid's aggro, that fires off every now and then).

Or some Until Base out in the jungle that's being attacked by wave after wave of Viper troops (kind of like in Aftershock).

Or a Grond fight where he occasionally jumps away and for a bit the players have to fight a horde of grondlings.

Or a fight where you fight both that dinosaur and the giant monkey from Monster Island, and occasionally during the fight they start attacking each other which results in all sorts of madness and mayham spilling over from their fight and endangering the players.
  • Options
    jonesing4jonesing4 Posts: 800 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I've run around doing other stuff while queued for LI for 45-60 minutes each of the last two days, and it hasn't popped. Since it is almost literally impossible to acquire a scale now, some sort of conversion mechanic would seem more than fair.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    jonesing4 wrote: »
    I've run around doing other stuff while queued for LI for 45-60 minutes each of the last two days, and it hasn't popped. Since it is almost literally impossible to acquire a scale now, some sort of conversion mechanic would seem more than fair.

yay 10-man content u_u

----end response to quoted content----

On the issue of Gravitar being made harder that someone brought up...she actually needs to be made both more challenging, but less hard. Lemme explain...

Bubbles
    - Have her do more of her targeted bubbles, but less of her random cascades. Those targeted bubbles that force players to pay attention, react, and move, are what really give this fight its identity. During phase 3 she should be spamming them like crazy. Bubbles are the actual challenging part of the fight.

Cascades
    - code her to never hit the same target multiple times with cascades
    - have her shoot multiple cascades at once, but each cascade must target a different player
    - have her do this two or three times in a row
    - if a cascade does not drop a character below 60% health, then that character may be hit with one cascade from the next attack - if the next cascade doesn't drop them below 40% then they may be hit by one further cascade.
    - Players who are dropped below 60% health may not be by another cascade until the next series of bursts
    - Make a single cascade just barely survivable by the squishiest possible character (barely any defense, 5k hit points)
    - Make cascades deal more damage the further you are from Gravitar, with the damage capping out shortly beyond melee range.

This effectively prevents the force cascades from killing players in one burst - which they shouldn't, since it's unreasonable to expect players to know they are about to be hit by one and block. Force Cascades would instead weaken several players on the first burst... players then need to recover before the next burst comes around or they will be killed by that one. The cascades still stay relevant to tougher players because they can be hit by multiple cascades, while squishy characters will not be hit by multiple cascades. Players will still of course need to stay spread out to avoid the aoe - melee characters will benefit from that last suggestion.

To help players recover after a cascade burst, add some more rubble for players to use to line-of-sight gravi.

Finally, add this attack to Gravi:

- Gravitar creates several mini-bubbles all over the map while also causing the ground to shake violently. While the ground is shaking, all characters are snared (even flying ones, because comic book physics) Shortly after being created, these mini-bubbles cause a damaging aoe effect around them, which also debuffs player physical damage resistance if they are hit. A squishy who has been hit with this debuff may be at risk of being one-shotted by a cascade, but the debuff is not long term so they will only have to be cautious a short while.