test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Concept build: The Anti Ao'Qephoth

jonandre1jonandre1 Posts: 67 Arc User
edited December 2014 in Builds and Roles
After a conversation with some guildmates last night about that perennial bane of the Alerts -- Ao'Qephoth -- we were wondering if it's possible to make a character designed specifically to defeath Ao, and how such a character would be built.

I know that Ao's not that bad if you have a team that knows when to block, but the idea is to make a character who can tank Ao and faceroll him into the ground. I know you'll need Skarn's Bane and Devour Essence...

But let's make this interesting. I want a build that can do this as early as possible, using only green and blue gear -- no Armadillo or other gear. Also no mods. Let's see just how accessible we can make this.

Comments

• flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,740 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    In addition to Skarn's, prob get Trauma (easiest way for that is Ebon Ruin). Also pref be a ranged tank/dps, so ya dun have to worry about Ao's DE at all. Can hold his aggro by getting CripC/CS on ranged moves, else just block and heal at the right times. Rest of the build can be w/e ya want.

The Void AT can pretty much do this, if ya want a framework to build a FF from.

Also note that ya dun necc have to spam Skarn's- the debuff lasts a bit and just tapping the spell costs no energy and still debuffs. Lastly, Skarn's isn't usually unlocked till lvl 20, though loading up on Sorcery spells could unlock it earlier. ER is also not usually unlocked till lvl 20.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    gradii wrote: »
    Pestilence with Skarns bane.

instant Ao murder machine.

This right here. Pestilence is a very underrated tool against Ao'... and one my favorite passives.

Combine it with either Skarns or Ebon Ruin (or both) and watch him melt.
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
  • jimhsuajimhsua Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Assuming you want to fight Ao ASAP (level 20):

PowerHouse (Link to this build)

Name:

Archetype: Freeform

Super Stats:
    Level 6: Ego (Primary)
    Level 10: Constitution (Secondary)
    Level 15: Recovery (Secondary)

Talents:
    Level 1: The Scourge
    Level 6: Wordly
    Level 9: Ascetic
    Level 12: Quick Recovery
    Level 15: Paramilitary Training
    Level 18: Amazing Stamina
    Level 21:

Powers:
    Level 1: Gunslinger
    Level 1: Two-Gun Mojo (Rank 2, Crippling Challenge)
    Level 6: Concentration
    Level 8: Regeneration (Rank 2)
    Level 11: Force Shield (Rank 2, Force Sheathe)
    Level 14: Overdrive
    Level 17: Unbreakable
    Level 20: Skarn's Bane
    Level 23:
    Level 26:
    Level 29:
    Level 32:
    Level 35:
    Level 38:

Travel Powers:
    Level 6: Flight
    Level 35:

Specializations:
    Ego: Force of Will (2/2)
    Ego: Insight (3/3)
    Ego: Follow Through (3/3)
    Ego: Sixth Sense (2/3)

Note I took only the powers/specs that a lvl20 would have. (Unsure about the # of adv points though; tried to be conservative).

Explanations for some of the unusual choices:
    • No int/MSA? You don't have much powers on CD; CD equipment is scarce at 20; Powers are expensive at 20 making conviction spamming not worth it. Overdrive scales best with REC. But, you also have force shield...
    • EGO? Cost discount, mostly, and form.
    • Regen? Conviction is too expensive. Regen is OP at lower levels.
    • TGM? Duh. Also, 0.5s CC proccer prevents annoying melee toons from grabbing aggro.
    • REC? Again, energy is scarce.
    • No trauma? No room. Pestilence is too squishy here. Don't need it if you block lifedrain appropriately.
    • Flight? Keep as far away from Ao as possible. That means vertical here.
    edited December 2014
    If ya can wait till lvl 23, then its easy to stick ER in there and have both Skarn's and Trauma for any build imaginable. I'd argue due to Ao's potential burst dps that ya dun really want to fight it when very low-level anyways.

But yeah, I'd say a TGM-based build otherwise would be best. Makes energy management easy and nets good ranged dps w/o needing a ramp-up (cause ya need to interrupt it to refresh Skarn's and/or trauma).

Also, when I was throwing a prototype build together for this earlier, I coincidentally did settle on a TGM and Regen + skarn's base. So maybe I'm being biased, or me and Jim have a hive-mind :x
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
  • jimhsuajimhsua Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    flowcyto wrote: »
    Also, when I was throwing a prototype build together for this earlier, I coincidentally did settle on a TGM and Regen + skarn's base. So maybe I'm being biased, or me and Jim have a hive-mind :x

Or we just build similarly these days. That's probably a good thing. :tongue:
    edited December 2014
    Well, only one of my FFs atm has Regen, and I usually dun level w/ it. But I guess when ya put the stipulations of wanting to be very efficient even at low levels, then things like TGM and Regen will become much more prominent choices- much moreso than they would be in a build w/ all the power slots and lvl 40 gear avail.

Natural conclusions and all that.

edit: but yes, uh *fist bump*