test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Lair review and add hardcore mode.

gradiigradii Posts: 11,716 Arc User
edited December 2014 in Suggestions Box
Fix the code in the lairs so they aren't held together with scotch tape and prayers anymore and then add a hardcore mode for teams of max level players with difficulty starting around where elite puts you normally and ramping up as you increase the setting up to ridiculously near impossible (without a well made team knowing wth they are doing)

revisit rewards for ALL lair difficulties because they suck.
Post edited by gradii on

Comments

• aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    While you are free to make any suggestion you like.. It's already been confirmed by cryptic that fixing the lairs would be more work than just completely rebuilding them, and that they don't want to do that, and rather spend their time on new... stuff (lockboxes? :P), and leave the lairs in their current semi working but playable state.
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I would like to see all lairs changed to skull scaling, and given some incentive to run, but any major review isn't happening.
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,589 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    All they need to do is add unique loot back into that game.
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    gradii wrote: »
    Thanks for giving perfect examples of useless player pessimism which gets us absolutely nowhere.

it's not your place to say whether or not it will happen. While it's true its unlikely in the near future,
    you have no magic knowledge with which to make predictions of the future with.
    And this is why most of your threads get locked.
    edited December 2014
    Thanks for giving perfect examples of useless player pessimism which gets us absolutely nowhere.

it's not your place to say whether or not it will happen. While it's true its unlikely in the near future,
    you have no magic knowledge with which to make predictions of the future with.

That is why I didn't say "it's never going to happen", I just that "it has already been confirmed that cryptic does not want to do it". If you think that is player pessimism... well.. you're free to think that.. My reply was more for the benefit of people who never read those comments by TT.

And maybe they'll change their minds, who knows. But if fixing things is really as much work as
    making new stuff (as was claimed by cryptic), I'd rather have a few completely new lairs.
  • riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    All they need to do is add unique loot back into that game.

I agree... the rewards in this game are rather stingy. I never quite understood why, as some of the old loot looked really interesting.
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Just having unique rewards for lairs, like rare costume drops, would be enough incentive to run the lairs.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Agreed, Giving back Old and New Rewards for Lairs would be enough to give people Motivations

#BringBackTherakielSword
    #BringBackBackHalo

#BringBackNemConCostumes
    #FixTheHorribleDropRateOfTherakielBlade
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • highrealityhighreality Posts: 402 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    If those pieces mentionned above start dropping again I think the guys who bought them for 30 000 G recently will be a tad rustled.
    I didn't though, and I'm all for logically putting unlocks back where they belong.
    see ? I agreed with something !

(°∇° ) #megalodon2015
  • gandalesgandales Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    aiqa wrote: »
    While you are free to make any suggestion you like.. It's already been confirmed by cryptic that fixing the lairs would be more work than just completely rebuilding them, and that they don't want to do that, and rather spend their time on new... stuff (lockboxes? :P), and leave the lairs in their current semi working but playable state.

As far as I have seen in the last 2 years, the main idea is costumes and few devices in lockboxes and zstore. Actual content is released only quick enough to avoid too much playerbase uprage.

If CN prefers to make new Lairs instead of retuning old ones, sure they can, but it seems to be neither of those options.
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    And this is why most of your threads get locked.

Gradii's not wrong though. Knee-jerk cynicism is a common phenomenon in this section. People act like we should actually consider whether a suggestion is feasible or possible before we post it... despite that not being a rule that's listed anywhere, and in fact that being a terrible method by which to determine if we should post a suggestion or not.

Of course, sometimes I wonder of those cynics have ulterior motives that go beyond just showing off how knowledgable they are about what's not likely to happen (what a thing to be an expert about).

Funny you say that because most of my threads aren't locked.

Among the few which were, they were locked AT MY REQUEST.

Relax. It's better if you expect a few knee jerk cynicism responses (especially if you have a hater crew that follows you to every thread you make and constantly tries to get you upset to massage their own egos ~.^)

Fix the code in the lairs so they aren't held together with scotch tape and prayers anymore and then add a hardcore mode for teams of max level players with difficulty starting around where elite puts you normally and ramping up as you increase the setting up to ridiculously near impossible (without a well made team knowing wth they are doing)

revisit rewards for ALL lair difficulties because they suck.

^ agree... only if it doesn't end up only catering to "those builds", and is more about the "knowing what they are doing" part.

On a side note, we are all very fond of saying "Better rewards!", but I feel like we do that way more often than we actually discuss what better rewards would be. If we keep doing that, we run the risk of the devs getting it in their head that "gear ladder = better rewards".
    edited December 2014
    gandales wrote: »
    As far as I have seen in the last 2 years, the main idea is costumes and few devices in lockboxes and zstore. Actual content is released only quick enough to avoid too much playerbase uprage.

If CN prefers to make new Lairs instead of retuning old ones, sure they can, but it seems to be neither of those options.

I agree, just that if having a choice between those two, and assuming/believing they would take the same time to make, I'd choose new lairs over fixing old ones.

And even if it is not as much work, I'd rather have 1 new lair than fixing up all existing ones.
    edited December 2014
    If they fix all existing ones it would be like having... how many? 5-7 new lairs?

The lairs are all playable in their current state, so we already have them. Quite a few have hardly any problems at all.
    And even if the lairs are fully rebuild to be like they were supposed to be, I'd hardly call them new.
    edited December 2014
    If they were seriously improved to the level of how lairs should play, and the rewards were made to match, they'd be new enough.

Non of the lairs are masterpieces, if they get improved so far that they can be called well designed modern day mmo lairs, they would indeed be completely newly designed, so after a fashion new lairs.

So is that what you were suggesting then? Throwing aways the lairs we have now, and completely redesign them? I didn't read your OP that way. But even then, since this would most certainly take just as much work as making new lairs (new in the sense of not a replacement, the word new is getting confusing now), I'd like it better if they'd just made new lairs.
    edited December 2014
    well they did say the lairs are so badly held together that they'd have to do that.

But I'd like to keep the same theme as some of the lairs, especially therakiels temple and mandragalore have unpolished, but promising mechanics which should be kept but made to actually work well.

Still not seeing the advantage of spending time on that.
    So they can make replacements lairs, (keeping to level 40 stuff) ending up with 3 good lairs.
    Or they can spend that time to make 3 new lairs, so we'd end up with 3 good and 3 not so good lairs. I don't understand how with the same dev time investments, 3 good lairs is better then 3 good and 3 not so good lairs.

Also in my opinion there are not nearly enough promising mechanics in the lairs in CO.
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    aiqa wrote: »
    The lairs are all playable in their current state, so we already have them. Quite a few have hardly any problems at all.
    The main problems with most of the lairs are a lack of reasons to run them, and the fact that the lower level ones aren't even an interesting challenge for a level 40.