test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

MMO Face-Off 2014, you can show your support for your favorite games

gandalesgandales Posts: 340 Arc User
edited December 2014 in Champions Online Discussion
This is ones of the mmorpg.com awards' preliminaries, if you feel like supporting Cryptic games or any other game of your preference here is the link:

The Great MMO Face-Off of 2014
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    >neverwinter vs the secret world

WELP, SORRY CRYPTIC.

Good stuff, thanks for this. :D
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Wtf is Tr[]ve? and why does it fill me with rage?

also wtf is Lineage II? that's a weird name for a super hero mmo...
  • itsbrou#5396 itsbrou Posts: 1,778 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Not worth it.
    Brou in Cryptic games.
  • rianfrostrianfrost Posts: 578 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    gandales wrote: »
    This is ones of the mmorpg.com awards' preliminaries, if you feel like supporting Cryptic games or any other game of your preference here is the link:
    heh co vs a ncsoft game? ya got lucky cryptic. no brainer for me.
  • gandalesgandales Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    rianfrost wrote: »
    heh co vs a ncsoft game? ya got lucky cryptic. no brainer for me.

Glad you said that, but so far CO is still losing to lineage 2 in this FaceOff:frown:
  • stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    All of Cryptic's games are losing. Am I the only one that thinks most of these match-ups are silly?
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
  • rianfrostrianfrost Posts: 578 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    gandales wrote: »
    Glad you said that, but so far CO is still losing to lineage 2 in this FaceOff:frown:
    well, lienage was gigantic in Korea, whereas co is what it is. my pure hatred of ncsoft is pretty much my main reason to vote at all. i logged in to vote against ncsoft, pwe has really done me no favors, but @#$% ncsoft.
  • jennymachxjennymachx Posts: 3,000 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    sterga wrote: »
    All of Cryptic's games are losing. Am I the only one that thinks most of these match-ups are silly?

The match-ups involving Cryptic's games make absolutely no sense. I don't get why STO is up against DDO and why is CO up against Lineage 2. At least the rest of the match-ups seem to be based on similar themes.

Would have made more sense to have CO go up against DCUO and STO against EVE, even if the latter would be horribly one-sided.
  • kallethenkallethen Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    In the comments the people running the face-off claim that the match-ups within the brackets are randomized.
    100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • xrazamaxxrazamax Posts: 979 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    We have until Friday to rally the troops. :cool:
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Oh, Let's see with what MMO CO is against...

>Lineage 2

>Lineage 2

>Lineage 2

824.gif

Oh goodie! my First MMO Came to Hunt me again

This comparison doesn't even make sense
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    avianos wrote: »
    This comparison doesn't even make sense

From what I read the matchups are randomized... so the intent was never to have similar MMOs face off. They're facing off purely on which is the better MMO, with no attention paid to genre, studio size or really anything... beyond some arbitrary cut off date for some being considered "veterans". It's a very well put together contest that is likely to be chock full of meaningful results.

Destiny vs Firefall is the first joke in that comedy act... it's like having a 300 lb body builder on steroids with years of boxing face off against a high school kid with a white belt in tae kwan do. Oh, the makers of Halo made an MMO? Here, take my children, I won't be needing them. Oh a bunch of no-names made an mmo? Neat. Ironically, other than that, it's actually a good match up genre-wise... but anyone with a functioning lobe knows who's going to win that one by default (I hate that I just implied that the people making the contest have functioning lobes btw).

In fact, if you look at the match ups... almost all of them seem blatantly one-sided. It's almost as if they cleverly set it up so that certain MMOs will win... so that those MMOs can be "advertised" as being the best...

cat-tin-foil-hat.png?w=474