test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

All the 50% Black Friday Sales?

crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,589 Arc User
edited November 2014 in Champions Online Discussion
So what were all the 50% sales during Black Friday? I just would like to know if I missed anything worthwhile.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• aceretrieveraceretriever Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Let's see...

Character Slot Token (Still crying about missing this one)
    Retractable Wings
    Full Retrain Token
    Liberty Bike
    Freeform Slot (Current as of this post)

Were there more? I think I missed one. >.<
    Champions: @ace112233
  • smoothroguesmoothrogue Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    There was also a 50% sale on three extra Aura slots (normally 600 Zen; on sale for 300 Zen).
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    And a Stealth Hawkwing.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    12am- 6am Server Time: Account wide costume slots -50% off

6am- 12pm Server Time: Retractable wings -50% off

12pm- 6pm Server Time: Full Retcon Token -50% off

6pm- 12am Server Time: Holoforce Armor -50% off

12am- 6am Server Time: Aura Slots Three -50%

6am- 12pm Server Time: Grav Bike Liberty -50%

12pm- 6pm Server Time: Stealth Hawkwing -50%

6pm- 12am Server Time: Freeform Slot -50%

12am- 6am Server Time: Hover Tank Mastodon -50%

6am- 12pm Server Time: Vehicle Tune-Up Kit -50%

12pm- 6pm Server Time: Costume Slots -50%

6pm- 12am Server Time: AV- 55B Wilson VTOL -50%
  • nextnametakennextnametaken Posts: 2,212 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Were the sales actually in the "on sale' part of the C-store?
    I logged in while the holoforce sale was going and had to dig around the store to find that I already bought it, while the 'on sale' part of the store only had the glow aura weekly featured.
  • bazodeebazodee Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    12am- 6am Server Time: Account wide costume slots -50% off

6am- 12pm Server Time: Retractable wings -50% off

12pm- 6pm Server Time: Full Retcon Token -50% off

6pm- 12am Server Time: Holoforce Armor -50% off

12am- 6am Server Time: Aura Slots Three -50%

6am- 12pm Server Time: Grav Bike Liberty -50%

12pm- 6pm Server Time: Stealth Hawkwing -50%

6pm- 12am Server Time: Freeform Slot -50%

12am- 6am Server Time: Hover Tank Mastodon -50%

6am- 12pm Server Time: Vehicle Tune-Up Kit -50%

12pm- 6pm Server Time: Costume Slots -50%

6pm- 12am Server Time: AV- 55B Wilson VTOL -50%

My Z-store still has both the mastodon and retcon token on sale at the moment and ST is 1:28am - some overlap maybe. I'll pop in for the costumes slots and possibly a VTK.
    I don't like Sigs, but I'll leave this here anyway. At least I'm not to trying to hypnotise you with moving things!
  • xacchaeusxacchaeus Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    they are advertising the upgrade kit as 50% off until 6:00 PST on 11/29 but it is still full price as of 3:52 PST
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I guess i missed the Freeform Slot one. Was going to get it to my Silver Account.
    And maybe, maybe the Aura Slots for couple of chars. (yes, i'm crazy....)
    Well, more beer for me then.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • iamynaughtiamynaught Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I didn't even get the e-mail announcement about this sale until this morning. As someone who still has at least some interest in the game but doesn't play very often, it would have been nice to have a little bit of advance notice about this sale.

Then again, there didn't appear to be anything on sale I would have gotten anyway. Maybe if the FF slot had been 90% off I would have gotten one, but even at 50% off, $25 is still not worth it to me. $10 regular price, I might buy one. Half off that I may have bought 2.

Oh well, I hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving and made it thru Black Friday without injury. :)
    Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
    edited November 2014
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    I guess i missed the Freeform Slot one. Was going to get it to my Silver Account.
    And maybe, maybe the Aura Slots for couple of chars. (yes, i'm crazy....)
    Well, more beer for me then.

Freeform slot is still at 50% for me. Could be deliberate or a bug, not sure how long it will last.
    I don't like Sigs, but I'll leave this here anyway. At least I'm not to trying to hypnotise you with moving things!
    edited November 2014
    bazodee wrote: »
    Freeform slot is still at 50% for me. Could be deliberate or a bug, not sure how long it will last.

Same. Too bad they didn't leave them all on. Really needed the aura one.
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,589 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Cryptic should do a repeat of these sales because people weren't notified of it until after it happened.

I wanted to buy the Aura Slots next time it went on sale. Guess I'll wait for the next time this happens (unlikely). This is a prime example of how poorly Cryptic advertises its games.
    edited November 2014
    Cryptic should do a repeat of these sales because people weren't notified of it until after it happened.

I wanted to buy the Aura Slots next time it went on sale. Guess I'll wait for the next time this happens (unlikely). This is a prime example of how poorly Cryptic advertises its games.

They don't nor do they have to notify when they are having a sale. But they did say they were having a sale that would last 6hrs. It was up to us to sign-in and see what it was.
  • chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    To be fair, it was black Friday. Cryptic *always* has a black Friday sale. Hell, every game company for every game has a black Friday sale. They probably coulda sent out an email saying they were doing the rotation (they HAVE in the past done stuff like that), but STO sent out codes for free stuff to players who hadn't touched the game in a while and my "in 3 years" self didn't get one. Logic ain't always a thing with notifications.
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,589 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I didn't get a notice that there was going to be a sale until the day after through email.
    They don't nor do they have to notify when they are having a sale. But they did say they were having a sale that would last 6hrs. It was up to us to sign-in and see what it was.

They do sales so they can make money and have players drain their zen. If players don't know about this sale then its all pointless and doesn't make the money it was intended to make.
  • vinxbrvinxbr Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Uhm, i wish they put the Hero Slots on this sale, i'm saving Zen to buy by the full price, but, well, i would be pleased if i could buy for half of this. :biggrin:

Oh, and btw, with the Black Friday ending, there will be only one or two more itens on sale, right?
  • jasinblazejasinblaze Posts: 1,360 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    looks like freeform slots are still on sale atm
  • doomedluke1doomedluke1 Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    A few items stood with the discount even after the period expired. I bought a FF slot during the afternoon. And last time I checked, about 10 or 11PM (brazillian time, about 3 or 4 hours ago), it still had the discount. There were other items like this.
    edited November 2014
    Well, Costumes and Vehicles are 30% off Sunday till Monday for those who care, but didn't get the memo.
  • oddbirdyoddbirdy Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    bazodee wrote: »
    Well, Costumes and Vehicles are 30% off Sunday till Monday for those who care, but didn't get the memo.

Didn't get the memo, but do care! Thanks for letting me know!