What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Icy what you did der! aka Cold Hard Tanking

Comments

• Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Vapor Form? u_U I don't think I've ever seen a "pity power selection" before >.> what's your plan for that?
  • Options
    flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,748 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Interesting take on the template I gave ya (though that wasn't for a tanking build). Since its a tank, though, I'd drop R2 of Ice Blast for CripC and drop CripC on Ice Cage. Then R3 TK is used for the dodge buff every 10-12 sec, while ice blast w/ hard frost is ur main threat/dps attack. Then ya dun really want Elusive Monk, cause majority of the time ya wouldn't be melee-ing.

Would also prob take Warden over Guardian- for Elusive, TBD, Ruthless, and Fort Gear. Make It Count is additive blast dmg and thus not a good option, and Locus won't come into play that often in this sort of build. Guardian Mastery's dodge bonus is also very small since its only dodge rating and wasn't revised w/ the dodge nerfs/changes- Constitution Mastery is nice, though.

And yeah Vapor form is.. not great. Ice Barrier can be a decent ice tanking cd (provided the ice objects don't get swamped by splash AoE), so I'd prob take that instead- if ya wanted something a bit more out there. Would also prob drop Ice Impaler and find a means to rank up Unbreakable. Could also replace Ice Cage w/ adv w/ Firesnaske depending on whether ya want the interrupt/CC or a bit of a dps increase on Ice Blast and Avalanche.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • Options
    selpheaselphea Posts: 1,229 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Looks like Kitty, but no CWK?
  • Options
    glortorglortor Posts: 324 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    flowcyto wrote: »
    Interesting take on the template I gave ya (though that wasn't for a tanking build). Since its a tank, though, I'd drop R2 of Ice Blast for CripC and drop CripC on Ice Cage. Then R3 TK is used for the dodge buff every 10-12 sec, while ice blast w/ hard frost is ur main threat/dps attack. Then ya dun really want Elusive Monk, cause majority of the time ya wouldn't be melee-ing.

Would also prob take Warden over Guardian- for Elusive, TBD, Ruthless, and Fort Gear. Make It Count is additive blast dmg and thus not a good option, and Locus won't come into play that often in this sort of build. Guardian Mastery's dodge bonus is also very small since its only dodge rating and wasn't revised w/ the dodge nerfs/changes- Constitution Mastery is nice, though.

And yeah Vapor form is.. not great. Ice Barrier can be a decent ice tanking cd (provided the ice objects don't get swamped by splash AoE), so I'd prob take that instead- if ya wanted something a bit more out there. Would also prob drop Ice Impaler and find a means to rank up Unbreakable. Could also replace Ice Cage w/ adv w/ Firesnaske depending on whether ya want the interrupt/CC or a bit of a dps increase on Ice Blast and Avalanche.
    I do want decent damage though, which is why I have Crip on Cage instead.
    Rotation would be like Blast, Cage, TK TK TK, Blast, Blast, Blast, Cage, etc. Both of them can be animation cancelled apparently so it's really not an issue to keep Elusive going.

Warden it is, then! Guardian seemed like a good thing here but I see what you mean.
    How about warden mastery?
    Fire snake instead of vapor form does sound like a good idea, though.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    spinnytop wrote: »
    Vapor Form? u_U I don't think I've ever seen a "pity power selection" before >.> what's your plan for that?
    Kind of a concept thing, but it's not a must if it's bad. 50% damage reduction on top of 100% dodge seemed like a good idea.
  • Options
    selpheaselphea Posts: 1,229 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Afaik that build won't get 100% Dodge unless you have Justice and R9 mods per monsterdaddy. Otherwise you need Crashing Wave Kick to bridge the last 2-3%.
  • Options
    flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,748 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Ur not losing much dmg on Ice Blast by dropping R2 for the usual Hard Frost-tap route. When tapping, most of the dmg and threat comes from Hard Frost, and not normal ranks of the blast. CripC on the blast, however, will go a long way in making it exceptional for aggro-holding, whereas Ice Cage isn't a good dps move to have to use for CripC in itself (not having to use ice cage for CripC also frees up ur rotation for more kicks and blasting).
    glortor wrote: »
    Kind of a concept thing, but it's not a must if it's bad. 50% damage reduction on top of 100% dodge seemed like a good idea.

I'd pass on Vapor Form just cause I'd rather be able to stay in control of all my powers when tanking, and cause re-applying the TP when coming out of it is a bit annoying. Last I checked, ya couldn't block while the form was up either, though perhaps I'm remembering the power wrong.
    selphea wrote: »
    Afaik that build won't get 100% Dodge unless you have Justice and R9 mods per monsterdaddy. Otherwise you need Crashing Wave Kick to bridge the last 2-3%.
    Eh, I'm a bit worried of the Elusive Monk uptime on this atm, but yeah I dun expect 100% dodge from it as is. Ya can always easily secure 100% dodge by adding Evasive Maneuvers in there, though, if ur privy to using it (wouldn't be as annoying on a build w/ strong ranged attacks).
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    At this point I'm just looking at my options in frost+MA. Might just go Defiance or what the other tanking passive was in the end, or perhaps just go aopm and not try to tank Gravy+Frosty at all.
    I like the little ice cages that ice form gives, but then that passive does nothing for melee.