test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Black "Firday" Sale

quasimojo1quasimojo1 Posts: 642 Arc User
edited November 2014 in Suggestions Box
Suggestion: Spend a little more time reviewing marketing before releasing it to the public.

J2D34LW.jpg
LTS since 2009. Author of ACT parser module for CO. Founder of Rampagers. Resident curmudgeon.

"Without data, you're just another person with an opinion." -- W. Edwards Deming
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    It's embarrassing and makes a terrible frist impression.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • eiledoneiledon Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    get over it.

You never been given a task to do as you were rushing out the door? This seems like typos as someone was heading off to thanksgiving. And before you say use a spellcheck, I can't recall many graphics programs with that feature.

It's embarrassing and makes a terrible frist impression.

deliberate typo?
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    You never been given a task to do as you were rushing out the door?

We're playing Champions Online, i think we know what that means.

fozzie-ear-wiggle-o.gif
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • soulforgersoulforger Posts: 1,649 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    So the sale ends before Black Friday even starts?
    edited November 2014
    soulforger wrote: »
    So the sale ends before Black Friday even starts?

there are multiple items on sale for short periods of time. last i looked it was retractible wings flight power.

from blog:

"Hey Champions! Black Friday is making its way to Millennium City, complete with some massive discounts. From Thursday, November 27th until Saturday November 29th, we will be offering a variety of items discounted by 50%.

The sale item will change every 6 hours, so make sure to check in regularly and get the best deals in town while the discount lasts!"
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Champions online, where people freak out harder over minor issues in games than even the Game Grumps' Arin Hansen does.
  • gandalesgandales Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I don't care much about spelling. My only grip is that they should have announce it earlier but well. Still I am happy that they are pulling great offers so kudos to the management :biggrin:
    edited November 2014
    gandales wrote: »
    I don't care much about spelling. My only grip is that they should have announce it earlier but well. Still I am happy that they are pulling great offers so kudos to the management :biggrin:

they never announce sales
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    12am- 6am Server Time: Account wide costume slots -50% off

6am- 12pm Server Time: Retractable wings -50% off

12pm- 6pm Server Time: Full Retcon Token -50% off

6pm- 12am Server Time: Holoforce Armor -50% off

12am- 6am Server Time: I missed this one

6am- 12pm Server Time: Grav Bike Liberty -50%
  • quasimojo1quasimojo1 Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    eiledon wrote: »
    get over it.
    You never been given a task to do as you were rushing out the door? This seems like typos as someone was heading off to thanksgiving. And before you say use a spellcheck, I can't recall many graphics programs with that feature.

If you need to use spell-check for the word "Friday", then maybe you shouldn't be in charge of the marquee graphics for the game launcher.

If it weren't so prominently placed, then yeah, who cares. But it makes the game look like it's run by illiterates and/or those who don't give a crap.
    LTS since 2009. Author of ACT parser module for CO. Founder of Rampagers. Resident curmudgeon.

"Without data, you're just another person with an opinion." -- W. Edwards Deming
  • soulforgersoulforger Posts: 1,649 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    quasimojo1 wrote: »
    If you need to use spell-check for the word "Friday", then maybe you shouldn't be in charge of the marquee graphics for the game launcher.

If it weren't so prominently placed, then yeah, who cares. But it makes the game look like it's run by illiterates and/or those who don't give a crap.

Well, technically PWE doesn't give a crap.
  • jennymachxjennymachx Posts: 3,000 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Fact of the matter is that typos happen in various forms in publications from time to time. The only difference is whether the message is misrepresentated enough that in this case, leads to false advertising.

Since it obviously isn't and anyone can clearly tell that its about a Black Friday 50% off sale, then this a trivial matter, so stop making such a big deal out of it.
  • quasimojo1quasimojo1 Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    jennymachx wrote: »
    Fact of the matter is that typos happen in various forms in publications from time to time. The only difference is whether the message is misrepresentated enough that in this case, leads to false advertising.

Since it obviously isn't and anyone can clearly tell that its about a Black Friday 50% off sale, then this a trivial matter, so stop making such a big deal out of it.

Lulz. Only in CO forums would the simple suggestion that a horribly prominent typo be fixed become a hot topic of debate. Make yourself a turkey sandwich and dial back the intransigence a notch for a day, Jenny.

edited November 2014
    Lulz. Only in CO forums would the simple suggestion that a horribly prominent typo be fixed become a hot topic of debate. Make yourself a turkey sandwich and dial back the intransigence a notch for a day, Jenny.

fixed by who exactly? It's thanksgiving. I am sure the last thing anyone is thinking about is "I must get back to the office and fix that typo"
  • jennymachxjennymachx Posts: 3,000 Arc User
    edited November 2014

I never argued against the typo needing to be fixed.

When you start making hyperbolic statements like "game is being run by illiterates / those who don't give a crap" to describe something so laughably minor, expect it to turn into a "hot topic of debate".

Also, I don't like turkey.
  • flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,740 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    spinnytop wrote: »
    Champions online, where people freak out harder over minor issues in games than even the Game Grumps' Arin Hansen does.

Eh, to be fair, Jon and Arin both were awful at following basic tutorials and gameplay hints that address much of the nitpicking they'd have w/ each game. Dan at least convinces Arin that they need to look up stuff sometimes- after the 10,000th time the Grumps willfully ignore or fly past instructional bits cause they're too busy exaggerating their outtakes for the viewers or cause Arin's burping or farting up a storm again or w/e the poopybuttTopic of the Day is.

In their case, the nit-picking is often caused out of ignorance. Here, its just to be critical of the game's presentation.

I think its a silly mistake, and in being a silly mistake- something to just chuckle at and move on. If it becomes a repeated issue in the presentation for CO, then ofc my concern would grow.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • nextnametakennextnametaken Posts: 2,212 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Didn't I tell SweetNsour, just yesterday to read things backwards to catch typos?
    Well maybe they'll sell us some Black fir trees for the holidays.

Stuff like this haunted me every day of my graphic design career.
    Except that one time I was doing an insert for Popeye's Chicken for a client who was totally anal about ever millimeter of her layout. I switched "Two Dine for the price of one" to "Two Die for the price of one" and the look on her face was worth every miserable moment on that account.
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Everyone is going to feel really stupid when they release the "Fir Tree Costume Set" tomorrow.