Install Arc
Options

FC.31.20141016.11 PTS Update

lordgarlordgar Posts: 267 Arc User
edited November 2014 in PTS - The Archive
This build is hitting PTS at 10:45am Pacific today, 11/19/14

Release Notes for FC.31.20141016.11:

Missions:

• The Nighthawk event has been switched on on PTS. We moved a couple of parts of this event so that it doesn't physically overlap with Steel Crusade's Heat Wave mission.

Preview:

• Autumn Leaves Cloud aura has been added to the debugger.

Please format any bugs you find in the following format:
Bug
Where it happens
What happens

Please stay on topic in this PTS thread. We use bug reports from this thread to decide whether a PTS build is ready to go live, and so we need to make sure we're seeing everything in it. Please do discuss the changes, but if you find yourself writing about something that isn't specific to what's on PTS, then that should probably go elsewhere.

In particular, do not report bugs from the live game in this thread, unless they are impacted by changes in the PTS build.
Post edited by lordgar on

Comments

• Options
    circleofpsi#4619 circleofpsi Posts: 2,913 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    on on PTS?, I see a little mistake there Mr. Lordgar :tongue:
    Psi.
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    cryneting wrote: »
    on on PTS?, I see a little mistake there Mr. Lordgar :tongue:
    Not actually, merely unconventional phrasing. It has been switched on, on PTS. (Although it did make me think of that old soft-rock hit, "On and On"...)
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    lordgar wrote: »
    This build is hitting PTS at 10:45am Pacific today, 11/19/14

Release Notes for FC.31.20141016.10:

• Autumn Leaves Cloud aura has been added to the debugger

Autumn Leaves.. if MC is really in Michigan it's much too late for leaves - we've got snow by now.

:biggrin:
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
  • Options
    maleb666maleb666 Posts: 364 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Hm... LG, isn't it .11???

eupmtpu59ppn.jpg
  • Options
    sistersiliconsistersilicon Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I hadn't even thought about the Nighthawk finale since it first ran. Vehicles 2.0 should make this most interesting.

/braces for OMG PLASMA BAEM NERF storm
    jonsills wrote: »
    Not actually, merely unconventional phrasing. It has been switched on, on PTS. (Although it did make me think of that old soft-rock hit, "On and On"...)

Thanks to you and LordGar, I now have Halcyon + On + On stuck in my head.
    riverocean wrote: »

Autumn Leaves.. if MC is really in Michigan it's much too late for leaves - we've got snow by now.

Mother Nature was conspiring against you, Cryptic. Autumn only lasted a week this year. Two weeks tops. I'm sure this will be a huge hit in Western New York right now, though.
    Choose your enemies carefully, because they will define you / Make them interesting, because in some ways they will mind you
    They're not there in the beginning, but when your story ends / Gonna last with you longer than your friends
  • Options
    lordgarlordgar Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    maleb666 wrote: »
    Hm... LG, isn't it .11???

That's what it says, I don't know what you mean ¬_¬
  • Options
    aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    The vehicle part of the nightwawk event could be tricky now that vehicles have a movement speed penalty while in combat.
  • Options
    thelastsonofzodthelastsonofzod Posts: 658 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    All the leaves are brown...and the Nighthawks gray...

Good to hear the Nighthawk event is coming back :)

Shiny aura too. Pity the cherry blossom aura isn't this shiny. Its not as clean.
  • Options
    agentnx5agentnx5 Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Balance testing is probably required for the Nighthawk finale mission...

LorGar what are the plans for re-balancing that fight? Honestly I don't even mind if it's hard to complete, but if it's going to be highly challenging the rewards need to merit such an effort fairly. (namely resource rewards)
  • Options
    purin1purin1 Posts: 433 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Awesome work on the Autumn Leaves Aura. This is exactly what I've been wanting for a while now.
    I strive to be the strongest swordsman alive.
  • Options
    kallethenkallethen Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    How much does it really need rebalancing if it has been capable of being done without vehicles?
    100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.

• Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    The finale was designed to be mostly used with vehicles. If the vehicles can't catch up to Stone's craft before the mobs heal it up, it won't be possible with vehicles.

The drops need to re add Nighthawk's Utility belt. If this is an event it needs an incentive for repeat play.
  • Options
    luesatchmo402luesatchmo402 Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    The finale was designed to be mostly used with vehicles. If the vehicles can't catch up to Stone's craft before the mobs heal it up, it won't be possible with vehicles.

The drops need to re add Nighthawk's Utility belt. If this is an event it needs an incentive for repeat play.

I agree with this, last time it was put up it was pretty lukewarm. Having a reward of 2000q just isn't novel enough to be excited for an event that only shows up every so often.
    two lines of plain text
    the best kind of signature
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    So, if we're discussing a balancing of the Nighthawk event, and the possibility of better loot, here's my suggestion:

1.) Slow Stone down with the same combat speed modifier. That way everything stays pretty much balanced the way it was before.

2.) Add some new loot to the event. I recall that it used to drop costume bits. You might want to add a Nighthawk themed multiple slot bag to the mix, ala what Foxbatcon had. It might also be cool if Stone dropped a rank one Nighthawk jet, possibly the stealth jet redone to his color scheme. Obviously, this drop would be quite rare.
  • Options
    novaninja555novaninja555 Posts: 836 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Aura screenshots pwease!!!

"Good can be found in heights, even in the deepest pits of evil" but "The valleys of evil always exist in the mountains of good."

~me
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Aura screenshots pwease!!!

ReiterpallaschLeaves_zps0ff8fa87.png

I'll try uploading some better ones later if I have time.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    A screenshot of the aura doesn't really do it justice, though - as the autumnal leaves drift down gently around Our Hero...
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

• Options
    edited November 2014
    jonsills wrote: »
    A screenshot of the aura doesn't really do it justice, though - as the autumnal leaves drift down gently around Our Hero...

And that is why I'll upload a few more. A single close-up shot indeed does not do it justice.

ReiterpallaschLeaves2_zpsd5baa307.png

Here is a full-screen capture after having stopped running with Athletics on. You can see the leaves keep going due to momentum and the aura leaves(hue) a small trail of them behind you.

ReiterpallaschLeaves3_zpse05a9ff2.png

And here is a screenshot mid-TP to show the trail of leaves behind you. I could have gotten a better one of this, but oh well.

ReiterpallaschLeafTrail_zpsdd767921.png
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    It also hue shifts ro a very nice leafy green. Perfect for my Dryad :)
  • Options
    novaninja555novaninja555 Posts: 836 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    On my god! Colorisable autumn leaves with movement and shadows :O great job CO!

"Good can be found in heights, even in the deepest pits of evil" but "The valleys of evil always exist in the mountains of good."

~me
  • Options
    aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    1.) Slow Stone down with the same combat speed modifier. That way everything stays pretty much balanced the way it was before.

I'd prefer restoring vehicles to full speed combat. I never understood the change to having a movement penalty in the first place.
    Having full speed combat is a great way to make sure vehicles are be better suited for vehicle content.
  • Options
    kallethenkallethen Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    edited November 2014

Okay, I'll agree that aspect would need to be adjusted. I was assuming people meant adjustments for the recent weapon changes.
    100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.

• Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    The event goes live today. We aren't getting changes.

Vehicles won't be able to keep up with Stone before he gets full healed with each move.

No rewards. No thanks.

See you in a couple weeks for Christmas PTS patch.
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Ah that Boring Event again, not even gonna bother as well

At least the Autumn Leaves aura is Pretty~
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    What was the point of this PTS build?
    There wasn't really any testing before it went live.

Also, the event has no real rewards, no replayability.

*sigh*

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    circleofpsi#4619 circleofpsi Posts: 2,913 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    *sighs* All I here from you people is ""moan moan moan". Yes this event is broken, so what? it will go within a week or so or maybe they will fix it at some point.

Just enjoy the game Geez
    Psi.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    The point is that this is supposed to be where we report issues with PTS, so they can be fixed before things go Live. However, not a lot of issues were reported, probably because there weren't enough people on PTS at any given time to kick the grand finale off. And the fact that we had like two days to take care of this in didn't help...

• Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    *sighs* All I here from you people is ""moan moan moan". Yes this event is broken, so what? it will go within a week or so or maybe they will fix it at some point.

Just enjoy the game Geez

Why play the game anyway, you can have as much fun running on a treadmill also.
    funny-gif-treadmill-accident.gif
    or go run down the hill with a childs car.
    childs-car.gif
    or go punch a trafficsign.
    tumblr_mp46ct083s1sppmago1_400.gif
    Yup.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • Options
    ninjapiffninjapiff Posts: 282 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I feel that I should mention that a change was made to the event. Specifically:
    lordgar wrote: »
    We moved a couple of parts of this event so that it doesn't physically overlap with Steel Crusade's Heat Wave mission.

I guess the point of this PTS testing was mostly to make sure all of the evidence nodes are working properly. Of course, no one can say anything on the matter on the forums, and are, apparently, OBLIGATED to ***** and moan about irrelevant things, to actually give feedback as to whether or not said game tweak is actually working or not.

You guys are REALLY missing the point of both the PTS, and these release threads altogether.
    It makes sense, if you don't think about it.
    edited November 2014

Just enjoy the game Geez

Did you forget that you're posting in a PTS thread? o3o "just enjoy the game" isn't the point here... the T in PTS stands for Test.
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Cryneting is meta-moaning.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.