test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What are the best vehicle weapons?

maldanaanmaldanaan Posts: 53 Arc User
edited January 2015 in Items and Crafting
I did a search, but couldn't find a thread detailing the stats and/or effects of the various vehicle weapons. Does anyone have any recommendations as to what the best ones are? How would you rank them and why? Or if there is a thread detailing this information, please let me know where I can find it. Thanks.
Post edited by maldanaan on

Comments

• eiledoneiledon Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited November 2014
  • riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    edited November 2014
  • gandalesgandales Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    riverocean wrote: »

If you read the first post, it states that the guide is basically invalid after the recent changes. :frown:
  • maldanaanmaldanaan Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I'm flying a Hawkwing so I thought the railgun and micromunitions would probably look the most appropriate. Is there anything bad about those two weapons? Or would you recommend something else for any reason?
  • novaninja555novaninja555 Posts: 836 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Incendiary rounds. But vehicle weapons still suck. If I could take down two UNTIL shuttles with an AT, of course they suck. Unless of course, I tell you that the AT was a savage and the shuttles had to stay ground level as per rules.

But yeah that and I suggest taking up a medic drone unless you wanna fly away a high as possible each time your vehicle begins to smoke and spark.

"Good can be found in heights, even in the deepest pits of evil" but "The valleys of evil always exist in the mountains of good."

~me
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,583 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    In all seriousness, Incendiary Rounds and Grav Pulse. Use another slot for Healing Drone and maybe throw on a Reload since energy is poor now.
  • chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    What bux said.

Micromuni sucks. Hard. Railgun, heavy cannon, and what buxom suggested. Keep in mind that "good" in this instance is subjective. You'll still probably do more with even a badly built freeform.

Nova, the until shuttle is barely a vehicle. I wouldn't count that.
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
    edited November 2014
    What bux said.

Micromuni sucks. Hard. Railgun, heavy cannon, and what buxom suggested. Keep in mind that "good" in this instance is subjective. You'll still probably do more with even a badly built freeform.

Nova, the until shuttle is barely a vehicle. I wouldn't count that.

Time I wreck some non UNTIL shuttles now XD

"Good can be found in heights, even in the deepest pits of evil" but "The valleys of evil always exist in the mountains of good."

~me
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Micromuni sucks. Hard.
    Actually, it's underrated (understand that it's actually a click DoT, not a spammable attack), but it's still at best mediocre. Vehicles no longer have any particularly good single-target attacks, but they're still very good at mopping up hordes of mooks. I generally agree with buxom -- inc round, grav pulse, medic drone, the fourth slot has no overwhelming favorites, though railgun gives a reasonable solid single-target option.
  • baelogventurebaelogventure Posts: 520 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    The biggest caveat with Railgun is that you need to be at maximum range to deal maximum damage, which can be awkward sometimes.
    edited November 2014
    I still use plasma beam :/ it isn't complete crap you know?

~me
  • maldanaanmaldanaan Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    All helpful advice, thanks. Not easy to acquire, but at least I know where to throw my globals.
  • chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I still use plasma beam :/ it isn't complete crap you know?

WTB your energy. If you can fire that mess off more than twice without a reload, good on you.
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine