smashykinssmashykins Posts: 99 Arc User
edited November 2014 in The Hero Games
And it misses you! Hahaha!

It is our TRUE DESTINY.
Post edited by smashykins on

Comments

• purin1purin1 Posts: 433 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    It may miss me, but I don't miss it. It will take quite a bit to get me to queue for anything other than the occasional Zombie Apocalypse or even partake in more than one or two duels a day.

As much as I hate admitting it, there just isn't enough people around to make PvP interesting anymore.
    I strive to be the strongest swordsman alive.
  • smashykinssmashykins Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    These things take time :D
    edited November 2014
    How much time are you willing to give? I've been waiting around Ren Cen for upwards of 2 years now waiting for some lively PvP on a regular basis, and I'll gladly wait longer. But I will most definitely not be proactive about it - the devs will need to meet us half way for a lot of players to seriously return.
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Waiting is hard when you can observe the thing you're waiting for disappear more and more while you wait :|

Also whenever it tries to come back the same exact people come back to make sure it won't <.<

It's like you have a tomato crop, and it ended up dying off because people just went nuts and devoured it.... then when it was gone, those people left... so you started growing tomatoes again... and the second you had new plants start growing those same people suddenly show up again to eat the plants before any tomatoes even really started growing... then they complain and leave again... repeat....

PvP is tomatoes u3u Cryptic is the land owner who refuses to put up a fence.
    edited November 2014
    You have waited this long. Can't you just wait a little longer?
    edited November 2014
  • mrhinkypunkmrhinkypunk Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Ugh meh. :L

Release Notes for FC.31.20141016.8:

Preview:

Added a second Drifter Store train vehicle: The Volitation Engine
    edited November 2014
    Intelligence is knowing a Tomato is a Fruit. Wisdom is knowing that it doesn't belong in a Fruit Salad (usually).
    edited November 2014
    smashykins wrote: »
    Intelligence is knowing a Tomato is a Fruit. Wisdom is knowing that it doesn't belong in a Fruit Salad (usually).

Neither of those are accurate. Knowing a tomato is a fruit is just book-learnin', as is knowing what doesn't belong in a fruit salad.

Also I would like tomatoes in a fruit salad o3o that sounds yummy.
    edited November 2014
    spinnytop wrote: »
    Neither of those are accurate. Knowing a tomato is a fruit is just book-learnin', as is knowing what doesn't belong in a fruit salad.

Also I would like tomatoes in a fruit salad o3o that sounds yummy.

*head explodes*
    edited November 2014
  • vinxbrvinxbr Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Well, adn, what if you make a PVP tornament? Like, people makes CC all the time, so, somebody could make a PVP tournament, right?
    edited November 2014
    vinxbr wrote: »
    Well, adn, what if you make a PVP tornament? Like, people makes CC all the time, so, somebody could make a PVP tournament, right?

People have tried many times. While they sometimes work, more often than not there are only a few of the same participants in each one. Team Tourneys have been a thing in the past as well, but the problem of numbers comes up again. Not to mention finding a date and time that would work for a variety of people.

Also, tournaments normally come with rules and stipulations - not things this community really likes when it comes to PvP.
    edited November 2014
    purin1 wrote: »
    People have tried many times. While they sometimes work, more often than not there are only a few of the same participants in each one. Team Tourneys have been a thing in the past as well, but the problem of numbers comes up again. Not to mention finding a date and time that would work for a variety of people.

Also, tournaments normally come with rules and stipulations - not things this community really likes when it comes to PvP.

Generally I always had more fun in our spontaneous team duels over the actual tournaments.
    edited November 2014
    vinxbr wrote: »

Same people/builds always win. Tournaments were actually one of the things that inadvertently helped drive way more pvpers due to that fact. They helped to reinforce and prove many of the negative notions about pvp.

Truth be told, pvp in this game is the opposite of a perpetual-motion machine... any sort of pvp activity has the effect of making less of it.
    edited November 2014
    Generally I always had more fun in our spontaneous team duels over the actual tournaments.

I agree. There was nothing to lose and they were just for fun. I remember the team draft duels in the PH Arena specifically - they were basically UTC without the kick bug and were much faster paced.
  • amy#8731 amy Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    it wont be back until 2010

EDIT: oh my mistake it's 2014, PvP is over
    edited November 2014
    You know in a way... I almost admire the devs. Not many proffesional game developers have the balls to actually kick a certain part of their playerbase straight in the gonads because they don't like them.
  • imthenightmareimthenightmare Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    what would really help pvp is more powers
    edited November 2014
    what would really help pvp is more powers

More useful existing powers would be nice. Alternatively, something can be done about AD cycling to make maintain powers better in PvP once again. After the countless powers we currently have are useable in PvP I'd gladly take more powers to try out.
  • stergiosmanstergiosman Posts: 717 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    More powers, sure yeah, if only CN knew how to make stuff rather than just pushing out the leftovers they find in the game's files.
  • oobtreeoobtree Posts: 1,068 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Hey Smash :smile:

I loved Hero Games, but it'll take more than a small but really cool community to make me want to pay to play again. It's going to require actual game improvements by the devs to get me back. I said that months ago when I quit. That still holds true.

If someone wants to gift me a lifetime, I might actually log in from time to time, but otherwise... No. Honestly though, Cryptic should just give me the lifetime for my years wasted promoting this dead game on youtube.
    edited November 2014
    oobtree wrote: »
    No. Honestly though, Cryptic should just give me the lifetime for my years wasted promoting this dead game on youtube.

Oh no, that's pure ego over there, don't come back :wink:
  • pallihwtfpallihwtf Posts: 677 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Oh no, that's pure ego over there, don't come back :wink:

mm yes, his ego is altered.

HA

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    @Pallih in game
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,116 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Tell PvP to crawl back to it's Grave
    oobtree wrote: »
    If someone wants to gift me a lifetime, I might actually log in from time to time, but otherwise... No. Honestly though, Cryptic should just give me the lifetime for my years wasted promoting this dead game on youtube.

Get off your High Horse Hun
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
    edited November 2014
    pallihwtf wrote: »
    mm yes, his ego is altered.

HA

HA! almost got me
    edited November 2014
    avianos wrote: »
    Tell PvP to crawl back to it's Grave

Get off your High Horse Hun

Oh wait, it's that pvp-hater-clone no 9999978 that has only been playing for half a year, never pvp'ed and only knows to talk nonsense and rage in all channels because others are stupid and not as good as he is in pve.

What do we do?
    edited November 2014
    avianos wrote: »
    Hun

Ooo, want to make-out?

As long as I don't have to dress like a furry.
    edited November 2014
    Oh look, it finally became a typical pvp thread that serves as a shining example for why our pvp community is so likable.
  • pallihwtfpallihwtf Posts: 677 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    filthy casuals.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    @Pallih in game
    edited November 2014
    There's more PvP coming from this thread than the game. Just play in-game PvP, that'd be A good start (oh wait, there ARE people too busy playing PvP to post here) .

:-)

Don't you like me when I'm wrong?
    edited November 2014
    There's more PvP coming from this thread than the game. Just play in-game PvP, that'd be A good start (oh wait, there ARE people too busy playing PvP to post here) .

We actually popped ZA and BASH a couple of times yesterday. In ZA people had fun, because even pve builds and a couple of ATs were able to stay alive for some time and kill some zombies.

In BASH though, the one AT that joined died 15 times or something. People reached 9 kills farming him and then played the bigger person not killing him for a tenth time to win. Because we're cool like that.
    edited November 2014

Let's play team pvp u3u
    We actually popped ZA and BASH a couple of times yesterday. In ZA people had fun, because even pve builds and a couple of ATs were able to stay alive for some time and kill some zombies.

In BASH though, the one AT that joined died 15 times or something. People reached 9 kills farming him and then played the bigger person not killing him for a tenth time to win. Because we're cool like that.

I'll change that u3u
    edited November 2014
    I'm pretty sure most of the people who would ever randomly come through the hero games section haven't played done coPvP for months or like me haven't been on in months now. :<

But seeing as CO is the only online game in the world currently, I see your point about how we should be playing it.
    edited November 2014
    I'm pretty sure most of the people who would ever randomly come through the hero games section haven't played done coPvP for months or like me haven't been on in months now. :<

But seeing as CO is the only online game in the world currently, I see your point about how we should be playing it.

It'd be just a bit better if more people showed their faces, but I do not blame them for not doing so one bit.
    edited November 2014

I'd recommend Gunz2, but CO "pvpers" would be unlikely to be able to handle it.
  • amy#8731 amy Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    spinnytop wrote: »
    I'd recommend Gunz2, but CO "pvpers" would be unlikely to be able to handle it.

the ones still PvP'ing in this state can't handle more than one thing at once, so every FPS is out, and they won't plan on playing something else because other MMO's aren't as braindead button mash as this game has become.

dragon uppercut dragon uppercut dragon uppercut dragon uppercut dragon uppercut dragon uppercut, missed unleashed rage, oh no he's using primary STR with vigilantes on a ranged build he's too good for me and my strafing runs which I can't aim at all. :( better retcon to mind break so I can play the waiting game.:cool::cool:º¿º:cool::cool:

I'd like to see someone stream quake live or any balanced FPS who also PvP's in CO
    edited November 2014
    Overwatch is looking good.
  • imthenightmareimthenightmare Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    play team fortress, very good game
  • aztrapeaztrape Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I've been here.... Watching from the shadows.....

-xeno
    edited November 2014
    aztrape wrote: »
    I've been here.... Watching from the shadows.....

-xeno

Pervy stalker.
    edited November 2014
    MMO wise I'm waiting for Black Desert to come out, it apparently has full Oculus Rift support. But currently I'm not really gaming as much as I used to anyway due to Uni and stuff. Overwatch looks okay, kinda looks like TF2 meets LoL which sounds kinda meh but it could be kinda fun. I'll just wait until I give it a go to judge I suppose.