test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

FC.31.20141016.7/.8/.9 PTS Update

lordgarlordgar Posts: 267 Arc User
edited November 2014 in PTS - The Archive
This build is now live on PTS (10/30/2014).

Release Notes for FC.31.20141016.9:

Preview:

• Jetwings have been added to the debugger. This is the reward for Series 2 of the Lockbox Bonus Card.

Bug Fix:

• Stealth Aura is back to being purple quality and bind to account on Equip.

Release Notes for FC.31.20141016.8:

Preview:

• Added a second Drifter Store train vehicle: The Volitation Engine

Release Notes for FC.31.20141016.7:

Preview:

• The Aeronautical Engine is now available on the Debugger. This will be a Drifter Store vehicle.

Please format any bugs you find in the following format:
Bug
Where it happens
What happens

Please stay on topic in this PTS thread. We use bug reports from this thread to decide whether a PTS build is ready to go live, and so we need to make sure we're seeing everything in it. Please do discuss the changes, but if you find yourself writing about something that isn't specific to what's on PTS, then that should probably go elsewhere.

In particular, do not report bugs from the live game in this thread, unless they are impacted by changes in the PTS build.
Post edited by lordgar on

Comments

• eiledoneiledon Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Loving the silver coloring and blue lighting. Very swish.

Also Heavy Cannon Mk2 and Railgun Mk2 are reasonable weapon choices.

Hopefully will be no more than 250 DS like the other Mark 2 Drifter Vehicles
  • novaninja555novaninja555 Posts: 836 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Show pictures pls!!! ^^

"Good can be found in heights, even in the deepest pits of evil" but "The valleys of evil always exist in the mountains of good."

~me
  • serpinecohserpinecoh Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    As with the other train, I wish the gun barrels were "drilled out" so they looked like something shots could come out of. But still it is a fancy beast and probably far more widely useful then the evil grinning one.

AeronauticalEngine.jpg

The more I look at it, the more I come to the conclusion that this train was upgraded by Mechanon. :)
  • sorceror01sorceror01 Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Oh my gosh what a fancy train.
  • novaninja555novaninja555 Posts: 836 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    sorceror01 wrote: »
    Oh my gosh what a fancy train.

Touch

"Good can be found in heights, even in the deepest pits of evil" but "The valleys of evil always exist in the mountains of good."

~me
  • kamokamikamokami Posts: 1,633 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Looks nice. Let's hope it doesn't get nerfed into the ground.
  • thelastsonofzodthelastsonofzod Posts: 658 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Not bad. Could we get that in a steampunk color scheme? If so it'd be perfect for my goblin :)

http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2014/233/e/2/steampunk_train_02_png_stock_by_jumpfer_stock-d7w42k6.png
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,585 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Its f***ing glorious! Too bad we can't have our characters leaning through the window.

Its a bit late, but can we get the Unicorn horn added to Top Accessory? Sometimes horns appear through helmets and other head wear.
    edited October 2014
    Speaking of lateness...

Bug: The Ghostly footprints aura doesn't work with acro properly. Specificly if you charge acrobatics and attempt to use it, it doesn't show up. If you just tap it though, it does work. Its a very odd bug.

Oh and aparently the overflow bag is borked again. Its not wanting to open when you get stuff in it.
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,585 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Bug: The Ghostly footprints aura doesn't work with acro properly. Specificly if you charge acrobatics and attempt to use it, it doesn't show up. If you just tap it though, it does work. Its a very odd bug.

Its always been a problem with acrobatics and athletics where animations and auras don't work properly with them. Some animation overrides break when using fully charged running travel powers like holding weapons and now auras are being effected by this too.

Can we please get these fixed as they are a part of the same issue? Because this will persist for future auras if not.
  • soulforgersoulforger Posts: 1,649 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Its always been a problem with acrobatics and athletics where animations and auras don't work properly with them. Some animation overrides break when using fully charged running travel powers like holding weapons and now auras are being effected by this too.

Can we please get these fixed as they are a part of the same issue? Because this will persist for future auras if not.

Bug fixes? Whats that? Oh! You mean the thing that Cryptic never does because bug fixes don't make money and cost money to fix.
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,022 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I hope that this PTS Update will be more than just a Chrome-Ghost Vehicle Train

You know like Bug Fixes for Costumes, Missions, Powers e.t.c

No All Aboard the Hype-Train Joke for you
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • chimerafreekchimerafreek Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Hey the ghost train noise is kinda cool, but can it be turned OFF for the display one in the ren center?
    Something I feel should be mentioned...

If this is supposed to be a 'flying train', perhaps the 'lean forward' animation that vehicles normally do when moving forward should be removed. I mean, I suppose it should look like the train is 'riding invisible tracks', not just flying. It's just difficult to keep the Train horizontal while moving, which is something you'd think the Train should stay as.
    It makes sense, if you don't think about it.
    ninjapiff wrote: »
    Something I feel should be mentioned...

If this is supposed to be a 'flying train', perhaps the 'lean forward' animation that vehicles normally do when moving forward should be removed. I mean, I suppose it should look like the train is 'riding invisible tracks', not just flying. It's just difficult to keep the Train horizontal while moving, which is something you'd think the Train should stay as.

Yeah, I mean, a lot of the hover tanks and some grav bikes either have incredibly reduced lean or no lean at all, compared to jets and helicopters and chariots. The trains should have practically none whatsoever, at least when they're not ascending or descending.
    edited November 2014
    in flight forward is angled down, if you want horizontal travel use the run (R) option
  • lordgarlordgar Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited November 2014

Preview:

• notyuunotyuu Posts: 1,121 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    lordgar wrote: »

Preview:

is it in the debugger or the drifter or something, because i can't find it in either of them.(as of the time of writing it is not on the PTS server at all)
    In all things, a calm heart must prevail.

Member of Paragon Dawn: Because some people like friendly helpful communities.

eOGi6Cv.png9rfvawn.pngr3iD4nS.png

Yeah some things are broken... no I don't use/abuse them.. where would be the fun in that?
  • trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
    edited November 2014
    I'm still checking with LordGar, but I don't think it's available at present, minor tech problem. We'll update when we know more.
    edited November 2014
    I'm still checking with LordGar, but I don't think it's available at present, minor tech problem. We'll update when we know more.

Ok, thats good to know, I was about to ask about it myself.
    edited November 2014
    soulforger wrote: »
    Ok, thats good to know, I was about to ask about it myself.

It turns out there was a miscommunication. The correct version will be pushed to PTS either later tonight or tomorrow morning. Sorry about that!
    edited November 2014
    lordgar wrote: »
    It turns out there was a miscommunication. The correct version will be pushed to PTS either later tonight or tomorrow morning. Sorry about that!

Good to know! Now I just hope my cold doesn't because worst.
  • serpinecohserpinecoh Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Looks like they have the Volitation Engine set up on PTS now. It appears to be the exact same model / smoke style / weapon loadout as the Aeronautical but more of a pleasant bronze. Might have benefitted from some gears or something to distinguish it more but the color should better with certain concepts then the prior bitey and mechanon trains.

Infernal Engine: Minigun. Heavy Cannon Mk 2, Singularity Bomb Mk 2.
    Aeronautical Engine: Minigun. Heavy Cannon Mk 2, Railgun Mk 2.
    Volitation Engine: Minigun. Heavy Cannon Mk 2, Railgun Mk 2.

VolitationEngine.jpg
    edited November 2014
    ...Wow, thats shiny :)

Its nice to see a steampunk option at long last. Fenegar will be most pleased :)
    edited November 2014
    So... that is all from this Update... Trains... yeah... hooray

I love that there is apparently enought Resources to make New Vehicles Categories and Models but not enought resources to make new powers and stufff ಠ_ಠ
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • rtmartma Posts: 1,198 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    avianos wrote: »
    So... that is all from this Update... Trains... yeah... hooray

I love that there is apparently enought Resources to make New Vehicles Categories and Models but not enought resources to make new powers and stufff ಠ_ಠ

I know right? cause, Business...
    Want to get to know me a bit better, Click me and take a read of My Dragon Profile Page, it's a bit dated but still relevant.

I take this quote from a review that I agree with.

"customisation is so linear; everyone is after the optimal dps:survivability ratio with 0 reliance on other players = autonomous gameplay... Players don't need each other anymore... which in my opinion is a bad thing."
    edited November 2014
    Release Notes for FC.31.20141016.9:

Preview:

• Jetwings have been added to the debugger. This is the reward for Series 2 of the Lockbox Bonus Card.

Bug Fix:

• Stealth Aura is back to being purple quality and bind to account on Equip.
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    e5c15504-a653-4d35-bdef-cc11e3d49ec3_zpse4894689.jpg
    cb122a34-ca19-42b0-a47b-fc04161b0bb0_zpse60859e5.jpg
    b8986209-dd36-4515-93c7-025b03f56022_zpsd8a82bd4.jpg

It come with Pack and Wings, Wings only and Pack only options.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • iamruneiamrune Posts: 965 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    How about an optional version with the Backpack only, until a flight or jetpack power is used, and then the wings animate and pop out, to their normal animations, until flight powers are turned off, in which case the animate sliding back in instead of the normal flapping down to out of use phase?

If that's possible, I'd pay big money for that, not just a lockbox bonus card reward.
    edited November 2014
    I think they have an issue with anything more than basic animation (rotation like the clockwork key) on costume parts. I think it was discussed at the time we were looking at the spider legs from the holoforce set that became part of the psionic dragon set.
  • sorceror01sorceror01 Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    eiledon wrote: »
    I think they have an issue with anything more than basic animation (rotation like the clockwork key) on costume parts. I think it was discussed at the time we were looking at the spider legs from the holoforce set that became part of the psionic dragon set.

This is correct, I believe.

But man, either way, those are some freaking impressive pieces.
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    sorceror01 wrote: »
    But man, either way, those are some freaking impressive pieces.

They truly are. I love 'em.
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • randomchance4242randomchance4242 Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Absolutely loving the jet wings and the new wing attachments.

I did notice one thing with the new wing attachments. There seems to be an area in the cloth, leather, and metal textures that becomes an uncolorable deep blue.

here's a shot from the front:
    vy2h05.jpg

and one from the back:
    10dvzwo.jpg

That blue on the wings that I've circled is not a color that I picked.
    edited November 2014
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,315 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    iamrune wrote: »
    How about an optional version with the Backpack only, until a flight or jetpack power is used, and then the wings animate and pop out, to their normal animations, until flight powers are turned off, in which case the animate sliding back in instead of the normal flapping down to out of use phase?

If that's possible, I'd pay big money for that, not just a lockbox bonus card reward.
    Yeah, when I make Iron Bat, I'm going to have two costumes for him - with and without the wings. Then I just have to remember to change costumes whenever I take to the air.

Which causes me to wonder - can I keybind a costume change and activation of the Jetpack power to the T key? Or do they have to have separate keys? I can work with it either way...
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    edited November 2014
    jonsills wrote: »
    Yeah, when I make Iron Bat, I'm going to have two costumes for him - with and without the wings. Then I just have to remember to change costumes whenever I take to the air.

Which causes me to wonder - can I keybind a costume change and activation of the Jetpack power to the T key? Or do they have to have separate keys? I can work with it either way...

Jonsills check out my link to my primus page, I have some aliases and keybinds i use currently with the beetle wings open and closed that could work for you
    edited November 2014
    Jonsills check out my link to my primus page, I have some aliases and keybinds i use currently with the beetle wings open and closed that could work for you
    Hmm. So, keybinding the command "flyme 2" will both switch to costume 2 and activate the travel power? Want to make sure I get it right.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

edited November 2014
    Hmm. So, keybinding the command "flyme 2" will both switch to costume 2 and activate the travel power? Want to make sure I get it right.

travel powers are a toggle remember, so yeah if you currently dont have your main TP active /flyme 2 will switch to your 3rd costume slot (they begin number 0) and activate your tp
    edited November 2014
    travel powers are a toggle remember, so yeah if you currently dont have your main TP active /flyme 2 will switch to your 3rd costume slot (they begin number 0) and activate your tp
    Okay, it says "flyme" is an unrecognized command. What am I getting wrong?

edited November 2014
    Okay, it says "flyme" is an unrecognized command. What am I getting wrong?

/flyme is a custom alias that i use in my bind files.

Save the following text into a file named CommandAliases.txt within your ..\Cryptic Studios\Champions Online\Live\localdata\ folder. Remember after editing your CommandAliases.txt in Notepad you will need to restart the CO client to use the changes.
    Alias cos "setactivecostume 0 {}"
    Alias landme "cos {} $$ +PowerTrayExec 14"
    Alias flyme "+PowerTrayExec 14 $$ cos {}"
    Alias bsave <& bind_save_file "{}.txt" &>
    Alias bload <& bind_load_file "{}.txt" &>
    Alias css "MakeCostumeJPeg"
    alias scu "screenshot_ui_jpg"
    Alias l "local {}"
    Alias z "zone {}"
    Alias g "group {}"
    Alias t "team {}"
    Alias cc <& channelsend "contests-central" "{}" &>
    Alias ad "cc {} $$ zone {}"

you can then use landme and flyme as though they are build in commands.
    edited November 2014
    as I said
    avianos wrote: »
    Too bad the Damage has already been done, and people got the Aura Bound without wanting to

Even when the Fix take place, they will still have it Bound!

Hooray for nothing!

I shall call this Update Thomas the Freaking Steam Engine Update

It's sounds as exciting as it is
    edited November 2014
    It still doesn't recognize "flyme", but your files gave me enough of the syntax that now I have j activating flight and opening the wings, and k deactivating flight (assuming I hit it in the right order! :smile:) and folding the wings.

So thanks! I've already started leveling Iron Bat using the Mechanical Wings and the folded Insect Wing carapace, but he'll upgrade as soon as the next Lockbox comes out.

• gandalesgandales Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Absolutely loving the jet wings and the new wing attachments.

I did notice one thing with the new wing attachments. There seems to be an area in the cloth, leather, and metal textures that becomes an uncolorable deep blue.

here's a shot from the front:
    vy2h05.jpg

and one from the back:
    10dvzwo.jpg

That blue on the wings that I've circled is not a color that I picked.

The wings are great, but the same as other wings, could we have an option that won't flap when flying. I like the last mechanical and tk wings included but only if they don't flap. It will give us a new set of styles for us to use.:biggrin:
  • meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited November 2014
    gandales wrote: »
    The wings are great, but the same as other wings, could we have an option that won't flap when flying. I like the last mechanical and tk wings included but only if they don't flap. It will give us a new set of styles for us to use.:biggrin:

^This.
    Please, when wings look very techy, it sometimes makes no sense with certain costumes when they flap in flight.
    Especially with jetpack engaged.
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    When did wings started flapping while flying?
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    edited November 2014
    they flap when you are stationary. in flight when you are up to speed they stabilise to fixed position
    edited November 2014
    they flap when you are stationary. in flight when you are up to speed they stabilise to fixed position
    Also if you don't charge up your flight (and with Jet Boots or Jetpack, you can't), they flap in the two low "gears", only settling into position when you reach the speed where you're lying down. At those lower speeds, however, it also becomes apparent that the two circular fanlike things on the side of the jetpack portion aren't exhaust ducts - they're wing pivots.

• roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    These wings would be best if they did not flap at all.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.