test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

FC.31.20141016.5/.6 PTS Update

2»

Comments

• soulforgersoulforger Posts: 1,649 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The 'vignette' is how we internally refer to the current-lockbox display in the Ren Cen ring, with the vehicle and the costumed Q-store vendor. I don't think we usually refer to it that way outside the office, so that patch note is probably fairly confusing until you read this post.

Thanks for clearing that up!
  • bwdaresbwdares Posts: 1,517 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    kaizerin wrote: »
    For the love of the poor neglected beast people, please add a beast leg variant of the skeleton set.

Seriously, beast legs have been omitted from many of the recent sets.

Bug?: Skeleton aura does not replace tails or wings.

Speaking of beasts, have you guys check out the horrible beast heads? Absolutely horrible.
    #Mechanon!(completed) #New Zones! #Foundry!
  • aurasonic12aurasonic12 Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    bwdares wrote: »
    Speaking of beasts, have you guys check out the horrible beast heads? Absolutely horrible.

I have actually i got a really good laugh out of the horse head especially
  • werx138werx138 Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The horse head is f'ing awesome! It's creepy enough to scare a small child and I haven't stopped laughing since I saw the first screenshot. Just thinking about it right now has sent me into hysterics again!

It's like a cross between a donkey and a pig with a little bit of evil for icing...
    edited October 2014
    I'd really like to see a bull head added. Its past due.

It would be even better if they just took the horse head and gave it horns.
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    eiledon wrote: »
    The Horse's head does look like it was found severed on someone's pillow. I think the sculpt needs to be revisited to add some definition around the chin, jaw line and neck. Even if it is a "mask" rather than a "head" it is a poor mask. (Although the freaky googly and spiral rotating eyes and a fun addition)

Screenshots for those asking:

animalplanet_zpsd859ffd0.jpg~original

More this:

horse-head-a45ab_medium_640.jpg

Less of this:

1107_unicorn_head_mask.jpg

Hahahah!!

That horse looks like a Boar mated with a pig who mated with a Cow who mated a Mule.

Boar Pig Cow Manass!
  • serpinecohserpinecoh Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    werx138 wrote: »
    It would be even better if they just took the horse head and gave it horns.

Alright, you asked for it. :)

ThingsBestUnseen.jpg

As a side comment to those not on PTS, the horse head does have an option for a vaguely more realistic skin pattern which makes it look a little less smooth and "masky".
    edited October 2014
    serpinecoh wrote: »
    Alright, you asked for it. :)

ThingsBestUnseen.jpg

As a side comment to those not on PTS, the horse head does have an option for a vaguely more realistic skin pattern which makes it look a little less smooth and "masky".

See? PERFECTION!
  • criswolf09criswolf09 Posts: 748 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Only three new animal heads?
    Useful Guides about Archetypes and General Gameplay of the Game Click Here
    edited October 2014
    Just realized: Since female characters lack a Jaw Length slider there is no way for them to mitigate the fox heads scary array of teeth by closing the mouth...
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,589 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I can tell you guys that these heads are not getting any more adjustments in their asthetic design. Lets just make sure the pieces attach to the right spots and scales well.

We can ask for REAL animal heads for the future. New ones that show that they've been worked on in more than a single sitting.
  • sanguinevipersanguineviper Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The heads are clearly meant to be Halloween masks, but have an alternate "Head" version if someone so chooses. The chicken and Horse masks being blatantly based off real life gag-masks.

Also the mask versions have jigglebones, the fox ears, horse snout, etc...

Would've like to see the head versions at least have blinking/glowable eyes though.

Snark never dies.
  • tfavsb10tfavsb10 Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The ability to only use the skeletal chest and legs, with robotic sadens me, and the fact you have to have an aura to be fully skeletal upsets me aswell. we already have many items that have proven we are a hollow void inside and noone has had an issue with it, why must you put an explaination into the skeletal npc to try to jusify youur failure with this costume set?
    edited October 2014
    <_<' Definatly gonna see creepy horse masked indiviuals.... Actually all the masks might be perfect for that chain gang walking clip from the intro to deadman's wonderland.

4603588_l3.jpg

P.S

How the heck do you make images online smaller on forum posts >.< sorry if the image is so large.
  • thelastsonofzodthelastsonofzod Posts: 658 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    tfavsb10 wrote: »
    The ability to only use the skeletal chest and legs, with robotic sadens me, and the fact you have to have an aura to be fully skeletal upsets me aswell. we already have many items that have proven we are a hollow void inside and noone has had an issue with it, why must you put an explaination into the skeletal npc to try to jusify youur failure with this costume set?

Ditto: The caps Ruin this costume set. You need to offer us the choice of using them. Surely that would not be too much of an issue.
  • lovehammer1lovehammer1 Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Still no "REAL" cat head? Sigh...:frown:
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    tfavsb10 wrote: »
    How the heck do you make images online smaller on forum posts >.< sorry if the image is so large.

First you make them smaller and then you put them in your post.
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
    edited October 2014
    First you make them smaller and then you put them in your post.

oh so i got to redownload and upload... :/
  • ninjapiffninjapiff Posts: 282 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Hotline_Miami_cover.png

Enough Said.
    It makes sense, if you don't think about it.
    Horse head needs nostrils reduced. It also needs a horse mane modeled. And of course more detailed bumpmapping. It just lacks detail and definition.
  • meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited October 2014
    gradii wrote: »
    Why can't we keep a giant nostrils version along with a more normal one?

Imagine all the silly costumes which could be made using giant nostrils! :tongue:

The theme is supposed to be an equine head, but nostrils don't look very horse-like at this size and placement. More like a cartoony bull or a cow.

Or...

ec82_horse_head_mask.jpg

:biggrin:
    edited October 2014
    Regarding the horse head, I will say I wish there was an additional option for slightly smaller (less protruding) *eyes* as the existing orb options are gigantic compared to even the novelty mask this was obviously based on. Even the same eye but set deeper in the eye socket (with some lidding around it) would probably work.

Long term a more realistic version of the entire head would be nice as well, obviously. :)
  • ninjapiffninjapiff Posts: 282 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The theme is supposed to be an equine head, but nostrils don't look very horse-like at this size and placement. More like a cartoony bull or a cow.

Or...

ec82_horse_head_mask.jpg

:biggrin:

The reason it resembles that mask is because it's supposed to resemble that mask. I feel like a lot of people are kinda missing the point of these Animal Masks...
    It makes sense, if you don't think about it.
    ninjapiff wrote: »
    The reason it resembles that mask is because it's supposed to resemble that mask. I feel like a lot of people are kinda missing the point of these Animal Masks...
    lordgar wrote: »
    • The Debugger has a new pack of Animal Heads & Masks

heads AND masks.